• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

RIP X JAPAN

Feudal · 22482

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 07:42:30 AM
What the hell is going on? People pleaaaase calm down. Insults are not getting us anywhere, returner. Please all be careful of your language. I will eventually reply to everything here later, but for now please just calm down...

Then what is calling a user's post "junk"?

I'm not the one who took it to this tone. Joker did a great job of that on their own along with things said by others. I agreed to several points of yours Joker and for the sake of ruffling feathers and being dramatic you ignored all of that and decided to be tone deaf and rude. Of course. What else can I expect from X Freaks.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 08:26:35 AM
What the hell is going on? People pleaaaase calm down. Insults are not getting us anywhere, returner. Please all be careful of your language. I will eventually reply to everything here later, but for now please just calm down...

I'm not the one who took it to this tone. Joker did a great job of that on their own along with things said by others. I agreed to several points of yours Joker and for the sake of ruffling feathers and being dramatic you ignored all of that and decided to be tone deaf and rude. Of course. What else can I expect from X Freaks.
Someone else being a bit harsh does not give you the right to push the conversation any harder into such a direction and using bad language.  :( You are all free to respond to each others arguments, but right now that's not what's happening anymore. And it's sad.  :(  :-X

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 09:19:14 AM

Someone else being a bit harsh does not give you the right to push the conversation any harder into such a direction and using bad language.  :( You are all free to respond to each others arguments, but right now that's not what's happening anymore. And it's sad.  :(  :-X

I agree with Kasumi. It's sad. People said a post was junk, that's not attacking their person, that's attacking their arguments and opinions and that's perfectly acceptable. It's good for everyone to have different views and opinions on most things. But you Returner, took it further and just started attacking their personna. Why? Are you offended that people dislike your opinion? Grow up, accept it and learn to live with it without attacking people here. Attack their opinions instead, Not. The. People. That's just sad behaviour.

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 09:25:01 AM
Dear all, I LOVE to see the forum so active with so many interesting discussions, different opinions and even some new faces on board! Feel free to debate and to defend whichever opinion yours is, but remember to keep it civil and avoid personal attacks on other users just because you disagree or dislike them. That's all, folks. Happy thursday and happy (civil) debating.  8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 04:45:42 PM
They didn’t just sell their part of X Japan so they wouldn’t have to promote, you literally made that up. It wasn’t as single as that, 2009 was a very bad year, even Heath was almost out of the band.

Yes, they all did their job because they go to the concerts and recorded the album. In Japan they are usually there in interviews, at least Sugizo and Toshi but since they don’t OWN X Japan, I’m pretty sure they can’t just go create random X Japan events or stuff. I have seen english interviews of Toshi snd Sugizo but there is NOTHING to promote now, what are they going to promote? No tour, no album.

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 07:14:52 PM
Oh God, you're one of those  ::)

I'm gonna be honest. I just stopped reading your post halfway thru because I can't take listening to a one-sided, know it all who insists their opinion is the only one because they vocalize those opinions in an echo chamber. You got rude and you got rude on purpose because you can't be fucking normal and just accept some X fans will ALWAYS view things differently than you.

How can you not see the hypocrisy in your own comment? ??? The only person that's being rude towards others is you. It has become painfully obvious that you can't accept any criticism towards Yoshiki at all. Stop cursing and lashing out at everyone that doesn't share the same opinion as you. Jeez. :-\

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 10:11:30 PM
g96429#msg96429 date=1547683551]
Take two seconds of your time to think about what you just said.
You just compared Yoshiki, a hugely talented musician (yeah, he is an amazing musician, he is just a bad manager) to Kim Kardashian.

I can't argue with this.

Oh God, you're one of those  ::)

I'm gonna be honest. I just stopped reading your post halfway thru because I can't take listening to a one-sided, know it all who insists their opinion is the only one because they vocalize those opinions in an echo chamber. You got rude and you got rude on purpose because you can't be fucking normal and just accept some X fans will ALWAYS view things differently than you. We get it, Joker, we all know you're great at being a keyboard bitch with an attitude and you don't need to swing it around like the big dick you wish you had.

You hate Yoshiki apologists. Anyone who has anything different to say to your opinion on him or the dynamics of the band can instantly be written off or talked down to or disproved based on your own opinions and feelings on things and lumped into the same fans who use "nurse" on twitter. Are you EVER going to come out of 2011 and stop grouping the entire X Fandom who has nothing against Yoshiki into that, btw?

You keep saying how the band only works with 100% band effort. (nice job not responding to my points about members willingly selling their shares of the band so they don't have to be as active, or skipping out on interviews IN Japan, or not speaking english on their social media just because they live there when Yoshiki will even speak english during a Japanese interview based out of Japan). I'm not hating on the other band members for that and I already stated that it's their right but that needs to be acknowledged as a negative affect on the band. If you want to use their own inactivity towards the international fanbase and label it as my hate go ahead, it will obviously make your day better because that's just what you do. I however see faults in both sides but fans (or should I just say the X Freaks on this forum?) are just never quite willing to have an actual conversation here regarding what could be improved or fixed with the band unless it has to do with Yoshiki.

Tact? You have none.

Pt_93. Everyone did NOT do their part because only one member is ever promoting or interviewing. I am NOT a blind fangirl and agreed with Joker on several points but, woah, big shock, for the sake of lumping anyone who supports or speaks logically regarding both sides, you as well as many posters here blatantly forget that/overlook it/ignore it/just plain don't even fucking see it because of your hate blinders, for the sake of your own agenda. Anything to disregard and shut down anyone with opposing views. This is not the first time you guys have done this. You do this EVERY time.

axlroseX. Go borrow Sugizo's violin and shrink it down for me to play for you.

I've never been in a fandom as unpleasant as this one and you fuckers are really good at doing that to not only me now but any new fans who come here and anyone who speaks out in a way that doesn't specifically mold into the silent, unwritten, biased climate here.

Great job guys. "Your post sucks" "I can't comprehend what you're trying to say so instead of asking for an explanation I'm just gonna say you make no sense." "Omg you mean metal music isn't the only thing you listen to and you pay attention to pop culture? loserrr" Ugh you guys are fucking LAME.

Ah man, come on. You guys know how I post on here by now. Dont get so mad.

We like Yoshiki, too. We also like complaining about X Japan here because theres no where else to do it. My posts are probably junk, too

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 10:15:33 PM
Also, there are WAY worse fan bases. We are like the only 20 regulars on here, anyways (wheres Teemah btw?). Arguing is fun sometimes

The worst part of this fanbase were the people who hurt themselves when hide does. We are tame

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 17, 2019, 11:35:02 PM
I would say the worst part of this fanbase (that didnt try to kill themselves) are the delusional people that think Yoshiki can do no wrong.

Teemeah left a while ago but she is much more critical of Yoshiki now. At least she didn’t call anyone names

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 12:49:24 AM
It seems I've added fuel to a fire that was quietly burning in many of us. I appreciate those who have contributed factual evidence as well as logical statements on the matters at hand. It's also funny to see the great gnashing of teeth and tearing of clothes that occurs when Yoshiki is criticized for things that he has faltered on and lied about. Returner, I applaud your efforts for defending your beloved Yoshiki. It's very kind of you but your post lost all merit after you claimed that the band has to be in the US to be global, and that the others are not contributing as much as Yoshiki. You're blind to the truth of what's going on.  I must also point out the hilarious irony in your profile signature as well...

"We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism - Yoshiki"

"I am ready to be criticized...."

:)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 18, 2019, 02:04:53 AM
Sorry about off-topic.
I fought with Teemeah several times in the past, but I miss her.
Hopefully she come back after a good rest.
Let's fight again, Teemeah!

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 18, 2019, 02:13:49 AM
Idk for me arguing about the band is better than nothing. I cant come here to talk about their new record or activity, that's for sure

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #42 on: January 18, 2019, 09:42:03 AM
(...) Kim Kardashian, the most famous person in the United States right now, gets her mommy to do it daily. It doesn't matter how big or famous you are, celebs will ALWAYS pay for positive press~

Who is this girl/boy (in German Kim could be either a man or a woman name). Srsly never heard about him/her and I'm not an "ONLY HEAVY-METAL \m/" kinda dude.

Edit:
I asked my daughter. She is into Pop music and knows a lot. She couldn't recognize the name either. Maybe the person just isn't that big in Europe...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:43:50 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 18, 2019, 11:37:54 AM
She is not a singer or anything. She did NOTHING, somehow got a reality show and became famous

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 18, 2019, 12:24:54 PM
it's seems that her show is not in the german teli. but idk, i dont watch tv.
not because i hate it it's more like... I forget about the existence  :o

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 18, 2019, 01:17:41 PM
I lived with my cousin and she liked watching the show, so I watched it too. I gotta admit it was kind of entertaining lmao

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: January 18, 2019, 03:07:00 PM
Yeah, but if it's famous in the USA it has not to be famous all over the world. Look at The Beatles for example.

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 04:24:58 PM
Many bands were that big in the US in their prime, like Queen. Still, I don’t understand why Yoshiki would consider more important playing for 150 people at Coachella than 10.000 people at MSG a few years back.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 18, 2019, 04:32:09 PM
are you really sure it was 10k?

I've read they had to smallen the venue because there wasn't that much tickets sold.

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 18, 2019, 04:35:29 PM
MSG has capacity of 20.000 people for concerts. I know they filled at least half of it, so 10.000 isn’t too crazy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:41:25 PM by pt_93 »

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: January 18, 2019, 05:34:00 PM
Hey, friends! Been a while. :) Glad to see not much has changed since my departure...! haha

I was at the MSG show, and as a New York resident, I've been to many shows there. X-Japan certainly did not sell the place out. They definitely reduced the available seating compared to more packed shows, and even the seats that were there were NOT full. I would say maybe 30 - 25% of the available seats were empty, especially the higher back you looked. Didn't affect my enjoyment of the show, though! :)

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 08:15:22 PM
so you say it was maybe about 6500? approx

positively unsure。

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: January 18, 2019, 11:58:12 PM
I just deleted my latest comment. I literally didn't understand the meaning.  :'( Sorry to those who read that already.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #53 on: January 19, 2019, 06:03:30 PM
I just deleted my latest comment. I literally didn't understand the meaning.  :'( Sorry to those who read that already.
It's alright lakeisle. That kind of misunderstandings happen to all of us.

I think what this person wanted to say is, that there is no new album to discuss, but they still enjoy discussing/talking/fighting about X.  :D

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: January 21, 2019, 08:04:13 PM
It seems I've added fuel to a fire that was quietly burning in many of us. I appreciate those who have contributed factual evidence as well as logical statements on the matters at hand. It's also funny to see the great gnashing of teeth and tearing of clothes that occurs when Yoshiki is criticized for things that he has faltered on and lied about. Returner, I applaud your efforts for defending your beloved Yoshiki. It's very kind of you but your post lost all merit after you claimed that the band has to be in the US to be global, and that the others are not contributing as much as Yoshiki. You're blind to the truth of what's going on.  I must also point out the hilarious irony in your profile signature as well...

"We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism - Yoshiki"

"I am ready to be criticized...."

:)

My post did not lose merit from stating all of X should be in the US to make it global. While it is possible from anywhere in the world, it is easier to break any market from the ground where it is based. The United States is still the biggest music market in the world and has the most international reach over any country. Japan is 2nd, and is still dwarfed by the US by nearly twice the amount.

Also, everyone here loves to undervalue Yoshiki's connection-making skills and the vital role they play in X Japan's business strategy, but IV never would have been in line for Saw 4 from the hub of LA if Yoshiki weren't here putting X Japan's name in the ears of producers. I don't believe We Are X would have been made by who it was and shown where it was if he hadn't been living in the US either. Of course that's an opinion of mine, but it's not hard to see how that opinion was formed.

What Japanese band based out of Japan has done Lollapolooza, Coachella, SXSW (We are X doc), and been invited to Ozzfest? I know Japanese, Korean, German, etc bands have performed at all, but which single Japanese band has done all of them?

Not even Larc en Ciel, Luna Sea, Buck Tick, Gackt, Dir en Gray, Miyavi, or bands more poppy like Gazette or Alice 9 have done that. Those are all heavy hitting bands and they still haven't broken out on the international stage like X has.

Are you really going to tell me that success has nothing to do with Yoshiki's strategy?

If so, that's fine. I respect your opinion. But since it can't be proven otherwise, please respect my own opinion. I do believe it means something to go about X the way Yoshiki has and things would have gone along quicker if the rest of the band had, too. The Yoshiki spotlight that some have a problem with would have been diminished as well.

Those were the only points I was trying to make by mentioning the other members, by the way. I do not hate them in any way.

I will reiterate for the nth time that I have not been mum in regards to critizing Yoshiki's decisions or acknowledging with you all the things that he's done and made hard for fans- despite how much everyone here can't help but gloss over those points and shovel me into a one-sided, one worded debate party.

But I will say that Yoshiki DOES have fans on this forum who refuse to hate him forever for the same things he's done over and over. Who will always see things differently in regards to the fans who stay mad about them. There will always be fans who seek to understand or "get over it" opposed to fans who don't, and that's fine. But you can't just gloss over us and make what we say irrelevant because you disagree and that's what's going on here.

X Freaks deserves to be a sounding board for people's frustrations but people who aren't frustrated deserve to have their voice heard without being solo'd out and attacked here, as happens so often.

Yoshiki's fine with his music being criticized but how long can the same dredge be discussed and flamed over? 2 more years? 5? 10?

I will also say that it's NEVER good to want someone around just to "fight" with them. That's an ugly mentality that has unfortunately bled into this place, and it shows.

I don't want to leave this post with anything negative. I feel like I've been respectful despite having opposing views and hopefully anyone who feels like responding to this will be respectful as well.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:46:14 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: January 21, 2019, 10:28:44 PM
Many bands were that big in the US in their prime, like Queen. Still, I don’t understand why Yoshiki would consider more important playing for 150 people at Coachella than 10.000 people at MSG a few years back.

Sometimes it is all about expore.
Coachella is an international festival which has been partly lifestreamed.
So maybe not that many were standing physically in front of the stage but the show could by watched by millions on youtube.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: January 22, 2019, 02:29:34 AM

Sometimes it is all about expore.
Coachella is an international festival which has been partly lifestreamed.
So maybe not that many were standing physically in front of the stage but the show could by watched by millions on youtube.

Yoshiki, is that you?? Again lurking in here?

They were still live-streaming Beyoncé at the same time, most people were there. I know some people that did get into them because of Coachella but MSG seems way more important, I know for a fact about some people that went to see them out of curiosity so i don’t see much difference

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: January 22, 2019, 05:21:03 AM
wow - seriously - anyone who doesn't bash Yoshiki without mercy is a Yoshiki clone for you?
 ::) ::) ::)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:40 AM
I can say for sure: Tahemet isn't Yoshiki  ;D ;)

returner,
You can also look at the whole thing from the other side. Why do we have to constantly justify that we are not always 100% behind Yoshiki. We are fans who spent thousands of Euros (or whatever) on X Japan stuff. We love the music of X Japan, written mainly by Yoshiki. By the way, my favorite song is "Rose Of Pain".

But always and everywhere you have to justify why you then criticized Yoshiki. "Are you even a fan? He is a legend!".

I love my wife. And my children. And my friends. But may I not criticize them if they do things that are wrong in my opinion? It doesn't mean I love them less.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:08:51 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 22, 2019, 09:13:09 AM
I can say for sure: Tahemet isn't Yoshiki  ;D ;)

returner,
You can also look at the whole thing from the other side. Why do we have to constantly justify that we are not always 100% behind Yoshiki. We are fans who spent thousands of Euros (or whatever) on X Japan stuff. We love the music of X Japan, written mainly by Yoshiki. By the way, my favorite song is "Rose Of Pain".

But always and everywhere you have to justify why you then criticized Yoshiki. "Are you even a fan? He is a legend!".

I love my wife. And my children. And my friends. But may I not criticize them if they do things that are wrong in my opinion? It doesn't mean I love them less.

"I will reiterate for the nth time that I have not been mum in regards to critizing Yoshiki's decisions or acknowledging with you all the things that he's done and made hard for fans- despite how much everyone here can't help but gloss over those points and shovel me into a one-sided, one worded debate party."

Thank you for proving this.

Also, you have every right to have an opposing view but whenever someone posts against it people attack that person. That's not right. I aslo wonder how long this forum is going to cling onto the same grievance for the rest of us to endure for years and years at a time.

We know the album isn't released. We don't know when it will be. We know all the members spend time working on solo and passion projects. The people here aren't the only ones who have lost money but people here are the most pissed off and clinging to the fact that they lost money.

Is it just because people here are more obsessed with X than everywhere else? Any time an article is posted you can count on "wanking" over it. I think instead of being angry time and time again, it's best to accept that things are what they are and find the good in them.

And you can criticize the ones you love all you want. I do know a lot of relationships that end/marriages that result in divorce from a partner's desire to pick at their spouse's wrongdoings/inability to move on from past grievances, though  ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:23:36 AM by returner »