X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to X-Freaks new forum !!!
    Please read the rules :)
  • We have T-Shirt design contest going on. Please visit this topic :)
  • New Theme! Discussion goes here
  • x-freaks.com - online for more than 12 years!

Yoshiki & Sarah Brightman

mC · 277

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: September 13, 2018, 10:08:25 AM
At his press conference today, Yoshiki announced he would be performing with Sarah Brightman on a song featured on her new album, Hymn, out soon.

After a little snooping, it looks like she will be performing a version of “Miracle”. See below Twitter video.

https://twitter.com/sarahbrightman/status/1038139847775404032?s=21

Offline Tahemet

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:38:45 PM
There seems to be a special recording for Sarah's new album with next week in Füssen/Germany.
According to Sarah Brightman Yoshiki will be present

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sarah-brightman-extravaganza-in-bavaria-tickets-49966389817

You will be a part of the filming of Sarah's upcoming global TV and cinema event: the HYMN concert in the gorgeous Festspielhaus venue, a neighbor of the world-renowned Neuschwanstein castle at the foot of the Bavarian Alps.

Sarah's special guests on this magical night will include Mario Frangoulis, Vincent Niclo, Yoshiki, and Narcis. 

Offline Kasumi

• Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:16:40 PM
There seems to be a special recording for Sarah's new album with next week in Füssen/Germany.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sarah-brightman-extravaganza-in-bavaria-tickets-49966389817

You will be a part of the filming of Sarah's upcoming global TV and cinema event: the HYMN concert in the gorgeous Festspielhaus venue, a neighbor of the world-renowned Neuschwanstein castle at the foot of the Bavarian Alps.

Sarah's special guests on this magical night will include Mario Frangoulis, Vincent Niclo, Yoshiki, and Narcis. 
That's intresting. So he will be in germany soon... No wonder the album is not getting released. That guy is way too busy.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Tahemet

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 09:14:40 PM
at times I get the impression that he really doesn't want to release the album...

Let's see how much more time will pass between his statement "the album is finished" and the  (announcment of the) release date...

Offline Fluffy

• Global Moderator
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 10:55:04 PM
Yes, I know what you mean. Perhaps he knows deep down this will be the last X album so he is holding on? As long as it's still 'in the making' then you still have that thing that you are working towards to give you purpose?

This is my moderator colour

Offline Teemeah

• Big fan
  • Endless rain, fall on my heart, kokoro no kizu ni
    • View Profile
    • My Hungarian blog about Asian culture
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 10:49:47 AM
Yeah maybe he subconsciously does everything to postpone it as much as he can, because after that he will have nothing to work on. He said himself that he gives maximum 5 years to X Japan, due to his own health conditions.

X-ed pretty hard on first listen. My first Japanese band and second Japanese music love after Miyavi.  My Interview with Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 12:50:44 PM
He said himself that he gives maximum 5 years to X Japan, due to his own health conditions.

But he’s said 5 years every year since 2011, so there’s that lol

Offline matsumoto

• Administrator
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 01:07:56 PM
So our man gave his own band an expiration date? Mmmm, interesting. X Japan. May contain nuts. Not suitable for vegans. Best before 2023.   8)

To be honest I think he could rethink that. While I agree that he might be unable to drum much longer, I don't see what's wrong with picking a replacement drummer and carrying on. Yoshiki is a skilled pianist and composer, his career won't end just because he can't bang his drums that hard anymore. The rest of the guys are in their 50s and don't exactly look all that old and sickly to me. Their peak is long gone, but that doesn't mean their creative tanks are going to run dry. Toshi does things and releases new stuff every other day. Sometimes I close my eyes to scratch them and when I open them again he has just done something new. Sugizo doesn't look like he's about to ditch the fab stage outfits and move to a retirement home in Florida. Kyoji Yamamoto of Vow Wow is still active, and he's about a decade older. Hotei is an old guy too. Loudness are still a thing, and Akira Takasaki is 57. Buck-Tick are just as old as X and they drop albums every two years (and tour twice a year). Axl Rose is 56. Lars Ulrich is 54. Your rockstar status doesn't expire the day you've lived as many years as there are cards in a deck.

But in all honesty, no, I don't think we'll see ever see an album after this one drops.

Offline Tahemet

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 09:43:28 PM

Is anyone going?

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 10:23:31 AM
I'm not. But we will be at Lovebites in Hamburg this november (totally offtopic ::) )

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 11:24:28 AM
Are you going, Tahemet:)

If yes please tell us how it was afterwards.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Tahemet

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 08:29:34 PM
Yes, I am going.
Filming and taking pictures isn't allowed at the venue but I hope I get a chance  to take some pics after all  :-D
Of course I will tell you how it was  :D

"Miracle" is used in the "Hymn" making of....is it starting arounf 5.31
https://sarahbrightman.com/video/hymn-epk/