Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: August 20, 2018, 05:37:26 PM
Hi freaks,

Lovebites is coming to Europe. Kasumi and I are going to the Hamburg show. I wonder if we met there some of you guys?  :D

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 05:40:25 PM
Yaay!  :D  :D  :D Girl-Power-Metal!

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:07:21 PM

positively unsure。

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 04:53:19 PM
I'm going to the Paris one! Super excited for this, those girls are badass 8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 03:59:14 PM
Tomorrow!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111oneone

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 05:21:48 PM
How was the concert? I hope you two enjoyed it a lot!  :)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 11:31:17 AM
Hi magucathy,

It was such a great day! My Neck still hurts so badly xD

They are live fr better then on CD. It was such an amazing show!

And we ere damn close!

It's very sad that we can't met

Setlist:

•     The Awakening (Intro)
        The Crusade
        Don’t Bite The Dust
        Break The Wall
        Scream For Me
        Shadowmaker
        Above The Black Sea
        Rising
        The Hammer Of Wrath
        Liar
        Under The Red Sky
        Encore:
        Edge Of The World
        Bravehearted

We got a signiture and a Plaktron in personally presented by miho

I filmed a bit. You can watch it right here

Also we met another x-freak from Italy. I wore my X Japan T-Shirt and she recognized my and talked to us. She said, she will join our forum, since she is searching for other x-freaks.

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 04:45:24 PM
OMG! You guys were so damn close to the stage. You were almost on the stage!!!   ;D
Good that you got to meet other X fans.
I like Kasumi's hair color, so chic!  ;)
Hope X will have another concert in Europe soon, it would be fun to meet up again!  :D

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 05:49:57 PM
Haha, yes, did you see the video?  ;D

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 07:52:23 PM
Yes! I have watched the video. That's why I said you were almost on the stage since the band was so close to your camera!  ;)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 12:24:01 AM
That's the function of X t-shirts. I didn't know that.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 09:11:07 AM
That's the function of X t-shirts. I didn't know that.

;D

yeah, it is ^^

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 12:35:45 PM
How was the concert? I hope you two enjoyed it a lot!  :)
It was f******* amazing! :D

And the power of X-Shirts! Reminds me of a certain T-Shirt Contest...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 11:30:22 AM
The Love… who?

Picture the words heavy metal. What do you see? I see a bunch of dudes in panda facepaint howling and screeching in their Slayer t-shirts. Dudes, you read that right. Now think outside the box. Exit the panda makeup, enter flawless eyeliner and flat-iron curls on fleek. Exit the Slayer shirts reeking of second-hand booze and Clearasil, enter virginal white cocktail dresses showing off endless legs and sumptuous round bosoms. Exit the dudes, enter five jaw-droppingly gorgeous chicks (no, we’re not talking about X Japan).

Yeah bros, I predicted you’d snort around this part. Chicks in metal? Mother of god. Holy Moly. Can chicks even do metal? Japanese chicks? Japanese chicks styled like they’re about to hit the runway on an Issey Miyake spring/summer collection unveil show? Cool story bro. Unless they’re anime characters or Babymetal-grade puppets, they sure can’t… right?

WRONG.

I was introduced to the Lovebites by Morgan and nb around the time I also discovered Aldious, Band-Maid, Destrose and a few other Japanese girls-only metal bands. The first song of theirs that I listened to was Shadowmaker. A few hours later I was on CD Japan buying their debut album, Awakening From Abyss, a groundbreaking record that went on to score #18 on the Oricon chart in 2017. And then I was buying their EPs. And then I was buying tickets for their European tour. And then I was broke.

But hey, screw that. Screw that slice of paycheck that went straight to Victor Entertainment, it’s not everyday that you find a new band that sweeps you off your feet this quick. In our day and age where Rock’n’Roll is an old man that struggles to keep a timid remnant of independence in the same nursing home where New Wave, Punk Rock and Batcave are also aging tenants, finding a new metal band with a statement vibe is quite something. So it’s safe to say there’s not a lot in this world that could make me rush across the city on a Tuesday evening, in subzero temperatures, right during rush hour and after a ten-hour workday to go find refuge in a shoddy Parisian live house with overpriced beer that tastes like piss left to brew overnight in a mouldy barrel. This band better be worth it. And oh yes, they are.

Rock it, Midori!

On stage, the Lovebites are even more mind-blowing than on your headphones. As legitimate granddaughters of the Visual Kei movement of the early 1990s, Miho, Haruna, Miyako, Asami and Midori know the importance of looks, stage play and va-va-voom. The outfits are carefully coordinated and match the trademark image they claimed as theirs for their debut tour. Asami plays her MC role with grace and parsimony (you don’t want to demystify the myth, do you?). She has her set of carefully rehearsed English and French phrases and she is eager to please the front row with disarming smiles are frugal contact here and there. Miho, the bassist and band leader, uses every break between songs to chug down some more beer. Because she can, motherfucker. She’s a rock star. We’ve had enough of uptight rockers who bring their mugs of warm tea and throat medicine on stage. We’re the children of Slash, Patti Smith, Janis Joplin and Taiji Sawada, motherfuckers. We eat our breakfast cereal with Jack Daniels, motherfuckers (don’t, kids).

Still, crying victory for girls in metal at this point would be precocious. We still have a long way to go. This one’s for you, bunch of old mofos on the far left of the stage who spent the entire concert filming Midori’s glorious legs. Who are they? Japanese?, said one to his slightly buzzed white-collar pal. Dunno, but they’re hoooooot!, he growled back. Yes they are, sir. But they’re so much more than that. Had you bothered to drop the cam trying to get a pic under their skirts, you’d have noticed that Midori is a kickass guitarist and that Miho slaps the bass with her bare fingers. Badassery level 500+. And that Miyako does an even better job on keyboards than she does on guitar, and bro, were the stakes high. And you would have noticed little Haruna behind her drum set, banging those drums without complaining once about her neck and wrists (subliminal message for a certain drummer the X Freaks hold dear). Had to add this bit. It’s a Zeitgeist thing. Hashtag me too.

Their setlist included The Awakening, The Crusade, Don’t Bite The Dust, Break The Wall, Scream For Me, Shadowmaker, Above The Black Sea, Rising, The Hammer Of Wrath, Liar, Under The Red Sky and Edge Of The World + Bravehearted on the encore. Their second album, from Rising was taken, will be out on December 5. Eleven days to go and I’m crossing them off my calendar already. Because as Halestorm would put it, and you should repeat after me, love bites and so do I.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:36:30 AM by matsumoto »

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 03:13:44 PM
Haha! Oh dear I've never read a description of LOVEBITES that was so accurate!  ;D ;D ;D

In fact... I wrote a blog entry on a personal blog about this awesome happening, but I've been to lazy to translate it for you girls (it is in german of course!).

But let me share my favorite part of it:

Das Beste kommt zum Schluss sagt man ja und ich bin echt glücklich, dass ich genau da stand wo ich eben stand – direkt vor Miho. Denn sie hat mir ihr Plektrum gegeben! ;O; Das war schon echt toll. Außerdem haben einige aus der Band noch die Fans abgeklatscht. Es war toll. Miho, Midori und Haruna haben meine Hand berührt! *Fangirl-Modus AN* #^O^#

They say the best comes at the end and I am really happy that I was standing exactly where I was standing right now - directly in front of Miho. Cause she gave me her plectrum! ;O; That was already amazing. Also the band was giving high-fives to the fans. It was awesome. Miho, Midori and Haruna touched my hand! *fangirl-mode on* #^O^#

Das war also unser erstes LOVEBITES Konzert. Und es war toll. Ernsthaft. Ich übertreibe nicht, wenn ich sage das es eines der schönsten Events war an dem ich jemals in meinem Leben teilgenommen habe. Ich war SO NAH dran. Ich konnte ihnen beim Spielen auf die Finger schauen und in die Gesichter. Und meine Güte hatten die eine Energie.

So that was our first LOVEBITES concert. And it was awesome. Seriously. I am not exaggerating when I say that it was one of the most beautiful events that I was ever a part of in my life. I was SO CLOSE to them. I could look at their fingers while they were playing and into their faces. And my dear did they have energy!

... I am SO a fangirl of them now. XD XD XD