Feudal · 13140

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 10:39:21 PM
It doesn't pay off... they are making good money with the Japanese concerts.

And think about fans of L'arc en Ciel. The band has sold many more albums internationally than X Japan. And L'arc en Ciel has been only once in Europe. In Paris.

I am glad that X exist again. Many of us would not have expected that ...

But yes, you could mention three concerts in a subordinate clause.. A "big announcement" is something else - at least for fans outside of Japan.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:40:59 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 12:29:37 PM
They can't play it. :D It is not an X Japan song. Maybe they'll finally play the full version of Kiss The Sky.

My bet: Just another piano and wowowowo performance.

Maybe, but I have a hunch that they most definitely won't play Red Swan live... ever. Or at least not in the near future.

Probably it will be rejected like Scarlet Love Song, released in 2010 and never played in an X concert.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 12:57:45 PM
I have to agree with nb. Fans of other japanese Bands have it worse. I am looking out for an opportunity to see L'Arc~en~Ciel live for... around nine years now and NOTHING. But I've been a fan of X since just a few years and have already seen them live once. Yoshiki was in Germany multiple times in the past ten years (with and without X) and well... thats okay with me.

But yeah... an announcement so big it needs to be announced and then there is just three shows. Thats a bit lame.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 22, 2018, 06:02:19 PM
still hoping that they will do a world tour though. But no album and  again 3 concerts in Japan. Seriously, if no album drops, they need to fuckin tour at least. Nobody thinks about non-Japanese fans, we are good to be paraded around in documentaries "proving" how successful X is overseas, but when it comes to actually doing something for us, we are always 90000 miles behind Japanese fans. Nobody communicates with us in English, apart from Yoshiki's sentimental postings (his official announcements, however, are 80% in Japanese), and the occasional once-in-a-blue-moon post by Sugizo. :( I don't get this.  They supposedly have American management. Yet nobody talks to us in English. This is really beyond sad :(

Haha so the honeymoon phase is over. Never thought I'd see such a 180 from you in terms of posts.

Teemeah

Reply #34 on: August 22, 2018, 10:14:08 PM
still hoping that they will do a world tour though. But no album and  again 3 concerts in Japan. Seriously, if no album drops, they need to fuckin tour at least. Nobody thinks about non-Japanese fans, we are good to be paraded around in documentaries "proving" how successful X is overseas, but when it comes to actually doing something for us, we are always 90000 miles behind Japanese fans. Nobody communicates with us in English, apart from Yoshiki's sentimental postings (his official announcements, however, are 80% in Japanese), and the occasional once-in-a-blue-moon post by Sugizo. :( I don't get this.  They supposedly have American management. Yet nobody talks to us in English. This is really beyond sad :(

Haha so the honeymoon phase is over. Never thought I'd see such a 180 from you in terms of posts.

I don't have any problem with an album not dropping, still. I still don'"t fucking care about the new album. I just want to see them live on stage at least once in this lifetime. There is no honeymoon phase, these things have been there from the beginning, and were duly noted. I just don't understand the logic behind what is being done by the management in terms of communication. And also, the fact that none of the members with a social media access seem to care to talk to us apart from Yoshiki's occassional one liners. Why doesn't Toshi ever say anything in English? Why doesn't Pata's official page post in English? Why doesn't Heath have any communication at all? This is the 21st century and this band is supposed to 'take over the world'. I don't get the logic. we are literally begging Toshi to talk to us too, and not only to Japanese fans. He doesn't even budge.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 10:54:28 PM
Actually Fluffy, that is our job as fans lol.

Back before and right when X reunited there were tons of fansits and fans were more active on social media talking about X. There were 3 English X Japan forums that I knew of and now there's just this one.

Teemeah, it did help that Yoshiki spoke so much English on his MySpace and had regular blog updates to keep the fans connected, but idt he was as busy then. Twitter really isn't the platform for communicating in depth so fans need to post about X on their own sm like they did back when MySpace and Tumblr were a thing... but these days sm isn't rly made for that. Not the way it was before.

Also it's rly hard to keep things going when songs aren't routine Ely being released or music videos. Music videos are monumentally important even today and it's kind of sad/depressing not only for fans but X Japan's growth that there's so much re-union footage that hasn't been released. Fans are gained visually before auditory these days... so many gifs and images we could be posting based off those mvs and such that are not going around the world, that could be.

But we do need more lyric sites for English speaking fans. More translations and photos both recent and rare. On dedicated sites made for new fans about the band. Ppl love splurging on new info.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:57:53 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Teemeah

Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 09:44:39 AM
We could make an X Japan wiki. Sharing all the info and photos in one site. But that needs a domain and people who are dedicated to update and share the info they have. Mediawiki is a free platform, runs pretty much similar to Wikipedia's buildup (wikipedia uses the same motor), and is highly customizable. It can also run ads to sponsor the site. X Japan has quite an extensive page on Wikipedia (I did work a lot on that, too), but due to Wikipedia rules, you cannot share info that is unsourced, and reliable sources are mandatory. So you cannot share interesting tidbits, anecdotes and gossips, and due to copyright, non-free photos are forbidden. This forum has a lot of information and photos all over the place but it's disorganized. You really need to dig, and read hours and hours to dig up interesting stuff. It's also nice to do, I love digging, but younger people nowadays prefer readily supplied information in easily digestable form.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 12:04:00 PM
I actually love Teemeah's idea of an X Japan wiki. I've come to notice that most "big" fandoms have their own "online encyclopedia", including most internationally famous J-rock bangs (eg. Dir en Grey: http://direngrey.wikia.com/wiki/DIR_EN_GREY_Wiki or the entire Visual Kei movement: http://visualkei.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). Would love to contribute!

As for what y'all are saying, you are very right. I don't quite get why a band that is marketed as "willing to take over the world" makes such little effort to actually do so. But nb has a very fair point too. When we think of a band, we tend to think of the bandmembers and their vision. I think Toshi, Yoshiki, Pata, Heath and Sugizo (and their pet ghosts) are more than thrilled to know people from other countries appreciate their music and buy their records. Who wouldn't think this is awesome? The thing is: a band with a certain cult following is waaaaaay more than just a bunch of musicians chilling in someone's garage, making awesome music and dreaming of all the cool things they could do. A big band is a myriad of contracts, paperwork, negociations, label constraints, PR guidelines, marketing strategies, financial liabilities, social media managers, assistants that help you tie your shoelaces and little green men counting the pennies that will pay all of the above. If the little green men who count pennies tell everyone that playing at home is much more profitable than going through all the hassle of arranging a concert overseas, the PR guys will nod, the shoelace-tying assistants will approve, the label guys will applaud, the lawyers will sigh in relief and the band will have no choice but to comply. And the only ones that get the short end of the stick are the actual overseas fans. It's not that we're unimportant or insignificant to them, though. It's just that the market back at home is much more significant. Band decisions are not made by fans, they're made by penny-counting little green men - kills the dream, but c'est la vérité.

It is our job as fans, though, to nag and to spam and to be ubiquitous and to like and to retweet and to discuss and to kick and scream that we want the band to tour. It worked back in the day and I'm positive it will work again.  ;)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #38 on: August 23, 2018, 12:20:09 PM
Yes, exactly, we need to spam and need to have our voices heard. But only a few of us actually do it regularly, the others just voice their wishes on the forum and on discord. You actually need to contact labels, artist management and use social media to spam spam spam, with as many related hashtags as you can imagine. What made BTS huge overseas? FANS MADE THEM. They tweeted about BTS SO MUCH that they became noted by big social media watchdogs and papers started writing about them, they got invited to big award shows etc. Of course, the genre is different so the mass appeal effect is also different (as well as the target age group, they appeal to teens and below, the group that most fervently uses social media, especially twitter and instagram).

But the tactic works to let artist management know that there is a demand overseas. if you only read the tweets and istagram and facebook but never comment in english, they will never notice us. The few overseas fans that do comment get lost among the gazillion Japanese replies. I started replying to almost every tweet by Toshi. Please do the same, register a twitter account, takes 1 second, follow Toshi, Yoshiki and Sugizo and tweet to them. It's not important if you don't use twitter for anything else.

BTS fans also organized tweeting events, when fans around the globe were notified to start tweeting about BTS with hashtags and tagging the official account. If enough tweets are made, it gets onto the worldwide trends chart. It's important that this happens withon a short timeframe. They do this around anniversaries, member birthdays, new release, new concert dates etc. It's strategic. But if the community is not strong enough and is not organized enough, it won't work. Individuals that are always only complaining but never actually doing anything to achieve these things will probably not take part in this event either. because it's incredibly easy just to vent on forums and complain all the time, nobody wants to do the hard work part.

I'm willing to organise tweeting events (members' birthdays are upcoming, and before that, the september concerts, it's a perfect start). BUT I NEED members of this forum to actually participate. if it's only one or two enthusiastic fans doing it, it's not gonna yield any attention.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 23, 2018, 09:10:05 PM
Damn Teemah... You'll turn into one of us sour pusses in no time

Despite my negetivity, I feel extremely fortunate I got to see them once. Them not touring outside of Japan is just as dissapointing as not getting the album

I think that makes a big difference, too. When you haven't gotten to see a band you really like, thats all you want to do. Once that happens, things like new music sort of take priority imo.

At least you met Yoshiki, that is really cool!

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 23, 2018, 10:02:46 PM
I'll be a part of your tweet army, Teemeah

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Teemeah

Reply #41 on: August 23, 2018, 10:25:15 PM
Damn Teemah... You'll turn into one of us sour pusses in no time

Despite my negetivity, I feel extremely fortunate I got to see them once. Them not touring outside of Japan is just as dissapointing as not getting the album

I think that makes a big difference, too. When you haven't gotten to see a band you really like, thats all you want to do. Once that happens, things like new music sort of take priority imo.

At least you met Yoshiki, that is really cool!

yeah you see that's all you take from my post and delibberately gnore the part where YOU COULD DO something, too. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Yes, you are sour and I have no idea why you are still here then. You don't need to post your negativity under every post and ruin everything for everyone else just because you are bitter. But it's damn easy to just ramble around posting bullshit instead if actually doing something positive and helpful.

Teemeah

Reply #42 on: August 23, 2018, 10:25:47 PM
I'll be a part of your tweet army, Teemeah

Thanks. That's 1 person so far. :)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 23, 2018, 10:46:29 PM
Please, a bit more polite, OK? Nothing in here is bullshit  :)

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 11:59:41 AM
@ Teemeah: if it's something as simple as tweeting Yoshiki and wishing him a happy birthday, then you can count me in too. I cannot dedicate that much time into stuff like this, but a tweet once in while is something I can do with minimal effort/time.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 24, 2018, 02:05:24 PM
I think this is a great idea!

I'm kind of clueless about Twitter in general but I created an account a few weeks ago and it's actually much easier to navigate that I thought it would be. You don't need to create new content of your own all the time, you can just retweet what someone else posted and tag whoever you want to read the post.

It's a great platform for "hashtag operations" like this and I think there's a fair chance the band's PR people will identify us as a trend at some point. The X Freaks is a fairly small community, but let's not forget that a massive number of X fans lurk on social media these days - if we catch their eye, we can multiply our operation's visibility by a thousandfold.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 24, 2018, 02:27:33 PM
Lol Teemah, you are one dense Motherfucker XD

I dont use twitter but I think bitching on here does help, right? Its basically the same thing you are saying on a different medium. And I am here because I am a fan of the band, duh

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 24, 2018, 10:05:08 PM
Everyone, can we please watch our language with each other and refrain from insulting each other! The forum is for healthy debate but please let's not make this a place with petty infighting. Please can we diasgree with each other without the bad language. It is against the forum rules and I don't want to keep repeating this message. 
I completely agree. This actually goes for the internet in general. I think youtube f.e. is the global #1 for petty pseudo-discussions and mindless verbal vomiting. X freaks shouldn't - won't - go down that road.

Offline DesertRose

• View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 02, 2018, 11:20:32 AM
Hi, i am a long time reader here and X-Japan Fan ..

But this is my first Post in the Forum ;)

Is this the new Major Announcement?

New Blurays
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/products?term.prodkey=MHXL-50,MHXL-51,MHXL-52,MHXL-53,MHXL-54,MHXL-55

All love and sadness melt in my heart

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 02, 2018, 11:39:41 AM
Hi and welcome.

I'm interested in whether it is the uncut VHS versions. Some DVD releases were missing songs...

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 02, 2018, 04:07:35 PM
I don’t think they are adding anything. They re-released the Visual Shock boxset last year in Bluray and it was the same cuts as in the VHS snd DVD versions, these blurays are probably just the individual discs from the box.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 12, 2018, 01:55:46 PM
Says he will at least talk about it

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 12, 2018, 03:15:24 PM
Another announcement of an announcement? Wow. This year beats the record for "most announcement of announcements ever"!

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #54 on: September 12, 2018, 04:16:26 PM
This does not sound like it is going to be a big thing... Probably just him talking about the We are X movie and how they are going to release a new album soon...

Teemeah

Reply #55 on: September 12, 2018, 04:34:36 PM
I'm hoping for a tour announcement. Please. Screw the album, TOUR!!!

BTW it will be live streamed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLzyLCOK1Vc
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:38:38 PM by Teemeah »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 12, 2018, 04:51:37 PM
I don’t think they are adding anything. They re-released the Visual Shock boxset last year in Bluray and it was the same cuts as in the VHS snd DVD versions, these blurays are probably just the individual discs from the box.

ahhh, on some dvd release rose of pain was missing... but maybe it was a different one

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 12:10:19 PM
Yoshiki’s press conference:

- In 5 seconds he said he’ll play 2 Yoshiki Classical shows in Tokyo and that he is playing 1 song he wrote for a singer in Germany next week.

- THE ALBUM IS DONE BUT THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE. 0% new info here.

- The other 45 minutes are him saying his oneliners he has used to talk about We Are X the past 2 years. Word by word.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 01:08:50 PM
That was sooooo expected. Next time I should bet some money on
what the announcement will be like.  :P

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 13, 2018, 05:24:50 PM
This "major announcement" is really lame.

I don't care about the new album. I'd love them to do another world tour but I don't see it happening.