Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: August 28, 2018, 07:42:14 AM
Hey guys,

I just realize we need new music. I don't listen to X anymore. Currently I mostly listen to Loudness, Elohim, Aldious, CORNELIUS, Fatboy Slim, Queen and DJ Shadow.

It's time for new music, because I want listen to X again. Are there any demos I don't know? Or maybe a 2010 promised album which I missed? ;)

Anyway, how is it with you? Are you listening to X on a daily basis as you used to?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:04:17 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 09:57:06 AM
I do listen to X, maybe not in a daily basis. But I'm addicted to Toshi's solo albums now. I don't know if that counts ::)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:59:33 AM by sasasama »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:58:43 AM
I do still listen to X Japan on a daily basis. Just a few main songs mostly, definitely the new material.

There are lapses I go through when nothing new has been released. Back in 2011 I didn't listen to them for like 2 years. Every now and then I'll go a few weeks without intentionally looking for their stuff. I do get bored but they're my touch stone. If I get super stressed out or sad or I just want something beautiful with more depth than average to listen to while falling asleep, I go for X Japan (or Violet UK). So that's my thing lol.

X Japan is not really a "fun" band unless you're watching them live. There's too much to think about when listening to them for me so I balance that out by listening to other artists, usually of the pop variety. X Japan balances that out by putting on bad ass shows lol.

I do think them releasing music videos (both past and upcoming) would help immensely in satisfying and spreading the fan base between musical releases. But there's no one within a record label or management to do that for Yoshiki and he's too busy doing everything else, so it's a loss. It's felt. All we can really do is listen to themusic when we want and not forget them when we dont.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 11:30:31 AM
I definitely don't listen to X on a daily basis because adult life sucks unfortunately I don't have the time to sit back and chill with my favourite music every evening anymore   :-\
(listening to this 10-hour remix version of Shia LaBeouf at work while I furiously type PR crap probably doesn't count)

Otherwise, X has been on my go-to playlist for 10+ years. Not just X, but also Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Led Zep, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, The Who,  the Velvet Underground, The Stooges, Kraftwerk, Lydia Lunch, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Joy Division, Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Clash, the Sex Pistols, Slayer, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Radiohead, Leonard Cohen, Prince, Parabellum, Indochine, Noir Désir, The Moody Blues, the Eagles... and from Japan, of course, Loudness, Bow Wow, Butt Kick and more recently, Aldious and the Lovebites (there ya go, I just projectile-spilled most of my favourite jams!)  ;D

I could use some cool new releases from X, though. And make them really nice and metal, just the way I like them, please Yoshiki.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 04:59:33 PM
What a title for this topic! :D

But yeah I gotta admit. I listen less and less to X, since there is nothing new. Before and after the Wembley concert I used to listen to them every day.

However for some special reason I was listening to Without You (the Yoshiki Classical version) quite often lately. Other than that I listened a lot to Aldious, Band-Maid, Edenbridge, Hyde, Loudness and some other random music on my phone lately. Oh and of course whatever you nb are blasting through the living room. :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:01:11 PM by Kasumi »

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 06:02:19 PM
I definitely don't listen to X on a daily basis because adult life sucks unfortunately I don't have the time to sit back and chill with my favourite music every evening anymore   :-\

THAT is so true! I generally don't listen to much a lot lately... if I do, it's just my whole playlist on shuffle or musicals LOL

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Yohalo

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 06:19:42 PM
I'm listening to x constantly. But i also like to listen to other japanes bands. I ' m also a big fan of the Gazette. Mucc and Defspiral are also bands i like to listen to. And then there are also some newer bands my daugther told me. She lived in Tokio for the last 8 month. For example R Shitei, Gossip, Vexent or Matenrou Opera (the first japanese band she was in). So there is much japanese music i have to listen to at the moment. But x is almost my favorite. But i also hope that we will have some new songs in the future  8)

Teemeah

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 04:26:05 PM
I lusten to X Japan every day, regardless of new music or not. :) It would be funny if we only listened to new albums for 6 months and then ait for another new one because it "gets old". Their music is timeless and still relevant. I had a pretty nice time today on the train diving into my thoughts while Toshi screamed away in my ears. I don't mind if they never release anything new again. I just want them to TOUR.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 04:48:57 PM
Well,
I listen to 4 X albums for over 12 years. So I think no one will say the album is boring after 6 month.

Maybe it's different for you because you know X hardly one year and everything is new for you, Teemeah.

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 09:52:04 PM
Teemeah,
I totally understand what you mean. Their music is really timeless
I started to listen to X when they released the Blue Blood album, so, a lot of years ago.....
I still love to listen to the songs from time to time, not everyday, though.
Let's see if you will still listen to them everyday every day after 10+ years later. ;)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 01:17:36 PM
If it was a competition, magucathy would actually have won ... I hardly think anyone in this forum is any longer X-freak than they :D

It is really cool to look back to the time when she was listening to X back then. No internet, no 9/11, still cold war, yay FCKW, leaded gasoline, and most users in here weren't born yet. reaaaallllyyyy cool =)

Oh, my favourite Operating System (Linux) wasn't yet invented. And Windows looked like this and your cool Apple Mac was looking like this

Well... Windows... A PC ... laughing my ass off!

Back then everyone thought the Commodore Amiga 500 and the Atari TT/Falcon030 was the cool thing... IBM PC with Windows.....

And she still is a x-freak! Amazing!  :)

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 04:43:15 PM
Teemeah,
I totally understand what you mean. Their music is really timeless
I started to listen to X when they released the Blue Blood album, so, a lot of years ago.....
I still love to listen to the songs from time to time, not everyday, though.
Let's see if you will still listen to them everyday every day after 10+ years later. ;)

Hopefully I will. If nothing happens to me, I will :)

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 08:14:33 PM
@nb
Oh..yes...It was the time we didn't have internet and mobile phones. Anyhow we had the wifi at home, I got a Sony CD portable player, so I was able to play my X CD. 8)

@Teemeah
Yes! I hope you will still listen to X 10+ years to come.  ;)

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 08:21:29 PM
I sometimes listen to X... not as often as I used to though. However, I re-listened to Vanishing Vision again a few days ago and I liked it even more than the last time I heard it.  :)
I usually start listening to a lot of X's music whenever there's something happening related to them, like a (real) announcement or a concert like Wembley.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 09:25:52 AM
I sometimes listen to X... not as often as I used to though. However, I re-listened to Vanishing Vision again a few days ago and I liked it even more than the last time I heard it.  :)

That reminds me that some weeks ago nb and me also re-listened to Vanishing Vision, because we bought the Vinyl and the album was a lot better than we remembered. Alive actually blow our minds. Such an amazin song.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 08:52:53 PM
Alive actually blow our minds. Such an amazin song.

Yes, because for the first time ever we read the text. I always thought the song was mainly Japanese with some English words or sentences. But with the vinyl came the lyrics booklet and as Kasumi said it blew our minds.

positively unsure。

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
I used to download (totes legally u guys!) a whole discographies of bands I liked back when I didn't have a real life, but since around 2010 or so I I have mostly listened to the stuff I have. In recent years I've started using Spotify but not too extensively.

I do listen to X (and some other music from when I downloaded stuff) when I'm driving alone and not listening to podcasts, so a few songs a few times a week I guess...

This is my administrator color.