X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to X-Freaks new forum !!!
    Please read the rules :)
  • We have T-Shirt design contest going on. Please visit this topic :)
  • New Theme! Discussion goes here
  • x-freaks.com - online for more than 12 years!

Toshi's new book....

Fluffy · 543

Offline Fluffy

• Global Moderator
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: July 31, 2018, 08:27:39 PM
…...is a cookbook? Or history of chocolate cake!

https://twitter.com/Toshlofficial/status/1024110274087776256?s=09

Nice that Toshi has a book about something happy this time! Who is tempted to buy it?

This is my moderator colour

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 09:04:51 PM
Tempted? I pre-ordered it hours ago! Hahahaha but it was actually a mistake (really) I was just checking Amazon Japan to see if they shipped to my country and I guess I didn’t understand the japanese and accidentally pre-ordered it. I didn’t realize until I got the email... although I still needed to pay but I went “why not” and payed for it LOLOLOL

Offline Kasumi

• Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 06:52:04 PM
:D

Sweet memories? Sounds like an awesome book.

@pt_93: Please show us what it's like once you receive your copy. :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 12:32:03 AM
Of course I will  ;D ;D It comes out in September, so it’ll still take a while. I’m not sure what I bought this time haha

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:39:19 PM
@pt_93, did you get the book? I saw someone in the discord posting pix from it but I forget who it was.   ::) Too many things going on at once, I guess.  Tell us what you like about it when you can!

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Fluffy

• Global Moderator
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 10:51:04 PM
I've also got the book too. Apparently though it is already out of stock and no more are due to be printed which is a shame. It's a cute book and printed on nice paper. It would be better if I actually understood Japanese though!  :D It's split into 4 chapters. The first i'm assuming is probably about how he developed his sweet tooth as a child as there are a few photos of him from his younger days. Then I'm guessing there is a little bit about how he fell in love with a chocolate cake or something  :D There is also a photo of him with what I assume is a celebrity chef in Japan. Then there are 12 recipes of different deserts by months which start from september. I'm guessing you are meant to make one with him each month for a year as I think september was when this was released and I guess that may explain why no more are being printed? Then there is a little chapter where Toshi seems to rank different chocolatey things and then the final chapter has some photos from his studio and what I assume is Toshi's suggested decor for hosting a dinner party!  :D
This is all guesses though as I don't understand much of it which is a shame as some of the deserts look lovely and making them would probably be fun.

Seeing as it is apparently not going to be printed I'll share one or two photos here.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 12:21:24 AM
That's a really beautiful book, Fluffy! Thanks for scanning those photos.  It's really full of pix, isn't it? And that chocolate bar thing.  He seems to be in quite a few photos with that kind of cake or whatever it is.   He must prefer that over the others.  The layout with the cherry blossoms is divine and ahhhhh, that fancy china.  Nice! He really has good taste in decor, doesn't he?

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Fluffy

• Global Moderator
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 10:24:13 AM
Good taste in decor?  :D Have you seen the video of his studio? I think he has made very very dubious interior design choices! Ha ha! That's the politest way I can put it! The French aristocracy and several of the King Louis' would be turning in their graves! Ha ha ha!

This is what I like about Toshi though. He will dress how he wants and style his studio how he wants and he doesn't give a crap. He will sit in his replica Louis XV furniture wearing the most spikey suit you've ever seen whilst drinking a matcha green tea and holding his dog who is dressed as Donald duck, and he just doesn't care. It's kind of awesome. I love an eccentric!