• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki ft. Hyde : Red Swan

Guest · 17484

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 07:21:36 AM
To those interested, there is a preview of Red Swan up on the iTunes store, along with pre-order.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 30, 2018, 03:36:33 PM
after listening to it a few times the instrumental version is growing on me

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 04:40:14 PM
Red Swan is actually out now! And eeerhm it seems that Pata, Sugizo & Heath have some kind of "guest appearance"?

https://mobile.twitter.com/oniakax/status/1047056964285607936

So why is this thing called Yoshiki feat Hyde again? Because noone else from X Japan is involved? Doesn't look like it.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 09:14:45 PM
maybe their participation wasn't planned from the beginning?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 02:04:04 AM
Really should have just had Toshi

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 07:06:33 AM
Really should have just had Toshi

I couldn't agree more

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #36 on: October 03, 2018, 11:34:29 AM
I've said that on the other topic. I would be ok with it if it had been called "X Japan feat. Hyde" or X'~en~Ciel ^^.

positively unsure。

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 03, 2018, 12:18:28 PM
Red Swan is actually out now! And eeerhm it seems that Pata, Sugizo & Heath have some kind of "guest appearance"?

https://mobile.twitter.com/oniakax/status/1047056964285607936

So why is this thing called Yoshiki feat Hyde again? Because noone else from X Japan is involved? Doesn't look like it.

Wooooo, the plot thickens! A song called X Japan feat. Hyde gets massive fan backslash because it didn't include the whole band, Yoshiki gives in and calls the thing Yoshiki feat. Hyde, then calls in the rest of the band to make a guest appearance in a project where they were supposedly first credited as a band but then not anymore... I'm confused. How about Hyde calls Tetsuya and Ken, and maybe even Gackt and the Pen-Pineapple-Pie guy and we get an epic Jrock crossover thing?  ;D

And wasn't Sugizo supposed to play violin?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 12:32:54 PM

Wooooo, the plot thickens! A song called X Japan feat. Hyde gets massive fan backslash because it didn't include the whole band, Yoshiki gives in and calls the thing Yoshiki feat. Hyde, then calls in the rest of the band to make a guest appearance in a project where they were supposedly first credited as a band but then not anymore... I'm confused. How about Hyde calls Tetsuya and Ken, and maybe even Gackt and the Pen-Pineapple-Pie guy and we get an epic Jrock crossover thing?  ;D
I'm all for that! XD Sounds epic.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 01:05:19 PM
Haha...! ...falling in conspirancy theory   ;D

Your scars are beautiful

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 04, 2018, 12:11:16 AM
Or maybe it was and that's why it was originally going to be called X Japan feat Hyde then there was the backlash by fans to no Toshi and was changed?

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

Naaa, i have to be polite. Yes, fluffy, in my opinion it's the same. And it makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:15:16 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #41 on: October 04, 2018, 08:22:28 AM
I just don't get why Yoshiki didn't just say, hey, the press info is wrong, the song actually has all X members except Toshi, so it's 4/5th of X participating, hence we called it X japan ft. hyde. But instead of stating why he chose this in the first place, he gave in to fan pressure right away, leaving fans to believe that only him and Sugizo were supposed to be on the song. I think Yoshiki should consider employing a better PR agency because they obviously give him shitty advice, and have no idea how to handle the fandom.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 04, 2018, 10:02:00 AM
This is precisely the kind of things I was talking about when I said in the chatroom that we "don't know even the one tenth of the whole truth..." (not to speak about the new album  ;) ).
Anyway I like Red Swan very much and already became an Attack on Titan's addict  ;D

Your scars are beautiful

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 04, 2018, 11:12:02 AM
I think Yoshiki should consider employing a better PR agency because they obviously give him shitty advice, and have no idea how to handle the fandom.

Yes, and the agency gave him many bad advices in the past also.

Maybe we would be a good PR team?  ;D  ;)

couldn't be really worse than now

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #44 on: October 04, 2018, 11:46:00 AM
I think we would definitely be better at communicating with the fans.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 04, 2018, 02:51:10 PM
I just don't get why Yoshiki didn't just say, hey, the press info is wrong, the song actually has all X members except Toshi, so it's 4/5th of X participating, hence we called it X japan ft. hyde. But instead of stating why he chose this in the first place, he gave in to fan pressure right away, leaving fans to believe that only him and Sugizo were supposed to be on the song. I think Yoshiki should consider employing a better PR agency because they obviously give him shitty advice, and have no idea how to handle the fandom.

I work for a PR agency, someone hire me ... not!  ;D

My thoughts exactly, Teemeah. Why change the name of the project, then? I could live with an X Japan feat. Hyde if Heath, Pata and Sugizo were also in it. That still leaves out Toshi but hey, it's more palatable than what was initially announced. So it looks like the guy gave in to the backslash, went home feeling bad, called Heath and Pata to try and make up for it.... and Sugizo still gets the short end of the stick, poor guy. It's pretty confusing. 

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 04, 2018, 06:11:37 PM
Hey matsumoto,

I don't think Yoshiki called them later in. I think he just forget about them. Yoshiki plays a major role in X Japan, so he said all about everything. Maybe his ego (sorry Yo-chan) just let him forget about the other musicians sometimes. Maybe sometimes he think he is all the X with his hard work and the pressure like a curse on the band. So maybe he doesn't thought about everything and forget to mention the other musicians participating. Can't blame him for that. If I wouldn't get regularly sleep and have a healthy live my brain totally don't work the right way. If I was out on a weekend, which happens very rarely, and on monday I'm at work I can't follow everything so deep what I have to analyse. ... yes, way out of context but maybe you get my point. There is no "better" drug of being high then insomnia ;)

positively unsure。

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 05, 2018, 12:12:44 AM
You are a total freak and for that I love you ;D ;D ;D

positively unsure。

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 05, 2018, 07:54:13 AM
OMG, this!!
Sugizo: “I cannot interfere in the ways of the universe.”

I'm dying, I'm literally laughing my head off  ;D ;D ;D

Your scars are beautiful

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 05, 2018, 09:50:03 AM
There is no "better" drug of being high then insomnia ;)

This is so trufax! It's pretty hard to "forget" that there's four other people in your band, though. But I know nothing about this dude's brain. Could be an ego thing. In any case it's pretty weird and it keeps getting weirder. I look forward to an X Japan feat. Pikotaro thing, at this rate it could happen.  ;D

Yoshiki: “Well guys the fans have spoken. Looks like my name is the only name going on this. I know I always say that we are X means everyone but the fans have spoken. I'm afraid you guys just don't have the X factor!

OMG FLUFFY YOU BROKE THE INTERNET  ;D

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 05, 2018, 10:32:22 AM
There is no "better" drug of being high then insomnia ;)

This is so trufax! It's pretty hard to "forget" that there's four other people in your band, though. But I know nothing about this dude's brain. Could be an ego thing. In any case it's pretty weird and it keeps getting weirder. I look forward to an X Japan feat. Pikotaro thing, at this rate it could happen.  ;D

I didn't mean that he is forgetting about all the other members completely. Just that he thought maybe he don't need to mention them because they are (maybe in his mind) less important (<- *maybe* and not in my opinion).

Just re-read it now and there are so many mistakes! Ha! The joys of typing on your phone!

You wrote all that on your phone??? Must be taken forever!
And yes, there was one mistake :D Ysohiki called him Heath instead of Keith ;D ;D ;D

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #51 on: October 05, 2018, 11:05:22 AM
Ahh fluffy, this was awesome. :D Seriously you need to go on archivesofourown and write fanfic like this!!! Not just here and on discord, but to a wider audience. I ROFLed so much :DDD

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 05, 2018, 01:36:26 PM
And yes, there was one mistake :D Ysohiki called him Heath instead of Keith ;D ;D ;D

KEITH! I can't stop ROFLing now and my boss is right next door, you guys are gonna get me fired  ;D

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 06, 2018, 12:44:03 AM
But instead of stating why he chose this in the first place, he gave in to fan pressure right away,

Because the shit already hit the fan and it was the less stupid thing he could do.

After doing nothing but travelling around the world to promote a video about himself, which has some parts he said that X only exists again because Toshi is back and Toshi is so important and how he wants Toshi with him anyway, he suddenly releases a song with X name without Toshi because Toshi didn't answer the phone. It would be a bigger backslash.

Teemeah

Reply #54 on: October 06, 2018, 04:25:11 PM
Ahh fluffy, this was awesome. :D Seriously you need to go on archivesofourown and write fanfic like this!!! Not just here and on discord, but to a wider audience. I ROFLed so much :DDD

Ah that's sweet of you but I did this so tongue-in-cheek! I literally know nothing about proper writing. I can think this stuff in my head much better than I can apply it to paper! Even when I'm writing it i'm thinking 'this probably sounds like total crap to others and won't be funny at all!'

There is no such thing as proper writing, you just sit down and write, that's how 99% of novels are born ;)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 06, 2018, 09:08:15 PM
he suddenly releases a song with X name without Toshi because Toshi didn't answer the phone.

I'll never stop ROFLing at this. Can you guys think of all the possibilities of that parallel universe where Toshi actually picks up the phone?  8)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #56 on: October 20, 2018, 11:00:14 AM

I received it today!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: October 20, 2018, 11:07:41 AM
It sounds really nice. A bit overproduced because you can't clearly hear all of the Instruments but maybe I'm too picky on that.

It's an anime opener and therefore it's very nice.

It came with a papersleeve and has the lyrics in the Booklet. Two tracks on it, Red Swarn and Red Swarn instrumental/karaoke.

positively unsure。