Sander · 11650

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: June 14, 2018, 06:52:17 AM
Dear X-Freaks,

A lot has been going on recently, and Yoshiki is not the only one who has important announcements to make! As you might have noticed, our forum was offline for a short while and I myself have not been very active in the recent... 7 years or so. Meanwhile, X Japan is alive and kicking again and we have a new active chatroom.

But first things first....

We have new staff!

While I do plan to try to be more active in the realm of X fandom again, I realize that I won't be able to be quite active enough to keep this community up and running and even maybe growing. So, to lighten my load, in addition to our veteran admin AsukaMiyu, three new people recently joined the X-Freaks Forum staff. Fluffy, matsumoto and nb - at your service and actively working on making this forum great again! On to the presentations:

New administrators: nb and matsumoto

Quote from: nb
Hello, I'm a guy
look, there is a butterfly!

My name is Julien and I was born in 1987. In the first place I didn't like X Japan because of all the hype about HIDE. Later I discovered a band called X from Japan. They had this one album, "Vanishing Vision" which I'd heard a couple 100 times. And then, still not aware they were the same, I bought myself "Blue Blood". I was shocked how great it was. And I was more shocked when I realised, that it was this shitty band with this HIDE and the drama queen YOSHIKI :D So, to all the haters, yes, I deserve yours. Give it to me ^___^
Why am I into japanese music? Maybe I'm tired of all the western stuff and I also liked Anime and Manga since the late 90s... I spend my holidays regularly in japan.  I started being an X fan about 2004 or so, but not as an active member in an international community and I wanted to change this now.
Oh, and my wife is also a member in this forum ^_____^

Quote from: matsumoto
Hi everyone, matsumoto here! My name is Lucy, I'm 27 and I curently live in Paris, France. I've been a fan of the band since around 2004 and... hey, it's safe to say it's a long-lasting love affair! I first joined this forum around 2007 and it truly is a source of great memories.
Besides X, I like Star Wars, rock and metal in general, motorcycles, cringe comedy and plenty of other nerdy stuff.
I currently work in journalism, but I'm thinking of tossing my corporate self to the wind so I can just chill and open a cat café somewhere. Nice to meet you all! 8)

New moderators: Fluffy

Quote from: Fluffy
Hi Everyone I'm Fluffy! Well that's not my actual name and i'm not actually 'fluffy' but I am a lover of all cute and fluffy things. I'm 35 (sigh..☹) from the UK and have developed a healthy/unhealthy love of our Japanese rockers after seeing them at the Wembley concert in 2017. When i'm not slaying inner demons and trying to construct a real 'adult' life I am often found in the chatroom, sometimes trying to speak bad French on the French chat section or just sitting in the 'Endless Rain' waiting for Toshi, Yoshiki or Sugizo to turn up at my door with blue roses and take me on a date

Please welcome them in their new jobs and support them in their efforts to improve and enhance the X-Freaks eXperienceTM  :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 06:52:33 AM
And now for some other news!

We have a new X-Freaks chatroom!

We have a new and very active chatroom on Discord. While forums are undeniably the best platform for quality discussion, we needed a hangout spot to chat in real-time about the band and to make friends with other X fans from all over the globe. Come join us for 24/7 company, memes, xmojis, and all kinds of crazy shenanigans!  It's not all strictly X Japan related: whether you want to vent about your bad day, get a bit philosophical or discuss Toshi's peculiar fashion sense, there is always someone around to talk to!

Discord is a group text app that you can download on your phone or PC. For those interested, click here to join our group: https://discord.gg/MHt97qH
[English isn't your first language? No worries, we have a French-only channel and there might be more to come!]

X-related events are a thing again!

Western Kurenight:
Every Saturday there is a group viewing of old X concerts on Rabb.it, at 8 pm UTC.
During group viewings, we stream a concert for everyone and comment it in real-time. Voice chat and karaoke are also an option, for those who dare ;)
Check the program on the Group Viewings thread and feel free to suggest concerts or X videos you'd like us to watch together. Would you like to host a viewing around a specific theme? Let us know!

Korean Kurenight:
Since 8 pm UTC falls in the wee hours of the morning in Asia, lakeisle hosts a special Kurenight for Asian fans every two weeks: feel free to get in touch with her for all the details!

Forum Meetups:

We are planning a meetup in Germany, (possibly) near France, to catch most fans. More to come on this topic!

There will soon™ be a software update

For your convenience, the forum software will soon be updated. We're not sure when the update will take place, but expect the forum to be offline for a couple of hours (or maybe even a day) while we polish it up.
Thanks to this update, encrypted login will be possible and you will also be able to access the page via https (SSL / TLS). We will make sure to inform you in time when this happens.

Last but not least...

We are all here to help support you in your X Japan addictions! Whether you are a 'Heath' who prefers to read rather than post or whether you post as much as Yoshiki (if he were on a drunken Instagram binge) you will always be welcome here to 'dry your tears with love'! So please...'say anything'....as long as you are nice to each other!

If you have any problems feel free to contact us.

Sander, AsukaMiyu, matsumoto, nb, fluffy

This is my administrator color.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:03:15 AM
Oh my the forum has active mods again. :D

You have my support. Looking forward to all the stuff that's coming our way. ;D

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:40:14 AM
Oh wow!

A whole group of new admins and moderators and I know you all.  I am so happy for all 3 of you.  You are all such good people and very talented as well and you all deserve these positions.  I hope you all have fun with what your duties will be.  I'll just say, I knew you when...  hehe

I am also looking very forward to the software update and can't wait to see what new goodies we will have.

If I may make just one suggestion?  I like this white forum color.  I hope we can keep that or have multiple skins and all white be one of them.  I like it a lot and believe it or not, it's good with my eyes.  All black with white text is good, too, but I do like this all white.

Congrats to everyone!  :)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:58:54 AM
It’s great that the forum seems to have had a kind of rebirth lately. Congrats to the new staff :D

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 04:14:57 PM
Congrats to all 3 of you!  ;D
Can't wait for the new forum layout, this one is great as is but I'm excited to see the new one

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 07:49:34 PM
Fantastic!

Teemeah

Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 07:55:16 PM
Congratulations!

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 08:17:39 PM
Congrats you 3  ;D

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 09:16:26 PM
Yay for more activity on the forum! Living in the UK now rather than Aus, so the likelihood of me making an X-Freaks meet up is WAY more likely. ;p

MODERATOR'd!

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 09:23:11 PM
Congratulations!!!  :-* I'm happy about this :) ... I only hope that the forum's look won't change too much... I like it very much the way it is... ::) But I'll return here anyway, of course 8)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:26:05 PM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful