• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi's Vocal Maintenance

returner · 1800

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: June 06, 2018, 12:32:44 AM
Kind of a weird subject I know  ;D But I'm curious if anyone knows what Toshi does to keep his voice in good condition? I know he puts an ice pack on his throat after concerts, for example.

As a singer I'm curious about what type of pro-tips he has... Since his voice is so great even with how long he's been singing.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:35:33 AM
For one, he has worked with a vocal coach since the Jealousy era (the same one!!!), so I guess a good technique is a big part of that. He has said he likes to use honey for his throat and you can see him drinking it from a bottle in concerts sometimes.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 05:53:10 AM
Thank you, pt_93, Roger Love, isn't it? I never knew it just drank honey from the bottle! How funny, but I have heard that it works in tea to soothe the throat. I guess that's a much more direct approach

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 12:24:26 AM
yes! Roger Love. I find it amazing how Toshi's voice in 2017 was in one of his best shapes since probably the early 90's, especially in the acoustic concerts and some solo concerts I own. During Coachella I think he sounded great as well, during the 2nd weekend he did one of the best Rusty Nail performances I've heard since The Last Live,

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 10:22:52 AM
I think I missed that Rusty Nail performance.  Strange but I know I had the 1st night's or weekend's concert.   Maybe I didn't play all of the 2nd.  Too much to do, always.   I miss out on a lot, lately.   

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone