• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

An important announcement on July 8, LA time

lakeisle · 35869

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: July 13, 2018, 12:30:34 AM
Without You and other ballads have only Yoshiki and Toshi. And are X songs because they were recorded with X original members. Only. They didn't replace someone who is the most important piece in the band (after Yoshiki, obviousy) with another totally unrelated guy for marketing purposes.

I give up.
I'm waiting for Yoshiki delaying the album for ten more years. Then there will be an "important announcement" which would be a lingerie collection and you guys will still say that "this is a great move to promove X Japan!".
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:37:57 AM by Joker »

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: July 13, 2018, 01:10:11 AM
Without You and other ballads have only Yoshiki and Toshi. And are X songs because they were recorded with X original members. Only. They didn't replace someone who is the most important piece in the band (after Yoshiki, obviousy) with another totally unrelated guy for marketing purposes.

I give up.

This and what axelroseX said is exactly how I feel about the song and why this situation is not the same at all as Without You. No need to explain anymore. I would also feel the same if Toshi recorded a song with another pianist and called it X Japan but in that case many of you wouldn’t be ok with that because Yoshiki isn’t there.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: July 13, 2018, 07:15:09 AM
Was that the important announcement? LOL

Well, I'm not disappointed. Once I was deeply disappointed before, and there is nothing to be disappointed anymore.

It was when I read a Japanese' comment on Japanese thread. Someone commented that X Japan's members other than Yoshiki have no duty or responsibility for X Japan. All rights for X Japan are reserved to Yoshiki. Other members only make a contact whenever there are concerts or events. Reading that, a lot of fantasy about X Japan has broken.

You know, Japanese celebrities often answer "It's a matter of adults" when they are asked something serious and don't want to reveal everything to public. Yoshiki also said "There is a matter of adults" as a explanation of his appearing in Lunatic Festival as a solo. I don't know what's the "matter of adults" but... probably are there some conflicts between him and Toshi?

Actually when Toshi made a weird stage name like "龍玄とし(ryugentoshi)", many Japanese whispered "Toshi is declaring that he will take a different way from Yoshiki". I don't know what Toshi was thinking but it is certain that ryugentoshi is not a very international name. I agree with them in some way. So whenever X freaks complain about "Why Toshi doesn't write in English in his social media even though he speaks decent English?", I say to myself "Because Toshi is not interested in advancing abroad".

And when some X freaks talked about Toshi's not participating in <We Are X> premiere in Europe, I thought in my heart that "Because <We Are X> is Yoshiki's personal project. Why would Toshi participate in promoting the movie?". I don't think language barrier prevents Toshi from going to the premiere.

There is one thing that bums me out about the announcement. I dislike hyde in terms of appearance and voice.
Nevertheless, hopefully they will produce outstanding music.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:32:57 AM by lakeisle »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #153 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:33 AM
I have to say this is what I like about this forum.

We all have different opinions and yet have the same interests. I would find it horrible if we all agreed to only one. <3

positively unsure。

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 13, 2018, 12:06:32 PM
If Yoshiki and Toshi are having issues a song with another singer under the X Japan title would be shameful and insulting. I dont think Yoshiki is that petty. I hope this isnt the case, but it still makes no sense to me why Toshi wouldnt sing this track

Guess I'll wait for announcements regarding X's further activities to really see

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: July 13, 2018, 04:37:03 PM

Was that the important announcement? LOL

It was when I read a Japanese' comment on Japanese thread. Someone commented that X Japan's members other than Yoshiki have no duty or responsibility for X Japan. All rights for X Japan are reserved to Yoshiki. Other members only make a contact whenever there are concerts or events. Reading that, a lot of fantasy about X Japan has broken. -

I'm sorry that this disillusioned you. If it helps, lots of bands operate this way. Yoshiki even said in an English interview that back in the day he would hand all the members their parts... "guitar part, bass part."

You know, Japanese celebrities often answer "It's a matter of adults" when they are asked something serious and don't want to reveal everything to public. Yoshiki also said "There is a matter of adults" as a explanation of his appearing in Lunatic Festival as a solo. I don't know what's the "matter of adults" but... probably are there some conflicts between him and Toshi?

In my opinion, it's not fair to jump to conclusions about anyone's relationship based on that statement, especially Yoshiki and Toshi. Toshi is not the only one who wasn't at Lunatic fest... the rest of the band wasn't either. Maybe they just didn't want to do it.

Actually when Toshi made a weird stage name like "龍玄とし(ryugentoshi)", many Japanese whispered "Toshi is declaring that he will take a different way from Yoshiki". I don't know what Toshi was thinking but it is certain that ryugentoshi is not a very international name. I agree with them in some way. So whenever X freaks complain about "Why Toshi doesn't write in English in his social media even though he speaks decent English?", I say to myself "Because Toshi is not interested in advancing abroad".

When did he make that name and how did he publicize it? If it's not an offifcfial name change it could mean a billion things not related to X or Yoshiki. I guess it has the word dragon in it? He might have just been pumping himself up before his solo concerts. I do agree that he doesn't seem interested in international advancement on a personal front. For X, I think he's all for wherever they go. He might just not enjoy promoting abroad.

And when some X freaks talked about Toshi's not participating in <We Are X> premiere in Europe, I thought in my heart that "Because <We Are X> is Yoshiki's personal project. Why would Toshi participate in promoting the movie?". I don't think language barrier prevents Toshi from going to the premiere.

It's important to consider the time line and see whether he had anything personal business wise going on.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: July 13, 2018, 04:42:54 PM
If Yoshiki and Toshi are having issues a song with another singer under the X Japan title would be shameful and insulting. I dont think Yoshiki is that petty. I hope this isnt the case, but it still makes no sense to me why Toshi wouldnt sing this track

Guess I'll wait for announcements regarding X's further activities to really see

I believe that Hyde approached Sugizo or Yoshiki and the other pulled the other in on it. Yoshiki said it's the first song he's had to write for someone other than Toshi's voice. That alone sounds, to me, like it was a proposition made to him.

Yoshiki definitely did not hover in the shadows of his studio hunched over like Golum concocting an X Japan song while whispering, "no Toshi voice," wheeze wheeze, "someone else my precious sheet music, someone eeeelse"

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:17 PM
Yoshiki definitely did not hover in the shadows of his studio hunched over like Golum concocting an X Japan song while whispering, "no Toshi voice," wheeze wheeze, "someone else my precious sheet music, someone eeeelse"

I love this mental image, can I please believe it for a second?   :o

Lakeisle brought up some interesting points. Not that we know much about the band's dynamics, but if we want to think about it realistically, of course things can't be all ponies and rainbows when that much money and influence is at stake. X is a moneymaking machine and I bet there's a myriad of contracts, paperwork and other stuff we can't even dream of. When cold hard cash comes into the picture, pure, sweet, selfless friendship falls straight out the window. Of course sometimes people fight, kick, scream and slam the door with a dramatic groan of 'just leave me out of this'. It could or could not be the case, who knows and who cares.

As for their international aspirations, this is a super interesting topic that could deserve a thread of its own: do X really want to take over the world? I honestly think they do, or at least Yoshiki genuinely does. But I have come to observe that Japanese society is seriously the least pro-international thing ever. The music industry in Japan is so huge and insanely profitable, if you're the average white-collar bloke with zero knowledge of the West and your job is to simply manage a label and make sure everyone makes money, you probably don't see the point in wasting time, money and effort just for the sake of leaving your safe ground. Book a Tokyo Dome concert and tickets sell out in hours, you don't even need to promote it. Commit to a concert abroad and you need to find a venue, convince the local industry big cats, spend a shit-ton of time and money on advertising, PR, promotion, local support, etc, and all you end up with is a fraction of the attendance and of your usual turnover. It's a lot of work for very little material and emotional compensation.

Think about how many sucessful Jap bands akin to X have tried to make it out of their own soft and comfortable four walls? Not many. Most don't even put their stuff up on Spotify and iTunes. In many cases, you can't even buy their records with a foreign address, join their fanclub or buy tickets to go see them in Japan - you need a nice friend over there willing to be your proxy. All things considered, what we get from X is pretty much state-of-the-art Japanese openness. Why does Toshi not write in English on social media, if he obviously can speak it? Probably because his narrow-minded PR folks who manage his online presence for him don't see the point of doing things otherwise. What does the rest of the band think about becoming model world citizens? They probably think it's a cool story, bro, but if The System keeps telling them it's better to stay home in their bunny slippers, they might end up believing it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:29:56 PM by matsumoto »

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #158 on: July 14, 2018, 10:25:28 AM

As for their international aspirations, this is a super interesting topic that could deserve a thread of its own: do X really want to take over the world? I honestly think they do, or at least Yoshiki genuinely does. But I have come to observe that Japanese society is seriously the least pro-international thing ever. The music industry in Japan is so huge and insanely profitable, if you're the average white-collar bloke with zero knowledge of the West and your job is to simply manage a label and make sure everyone makes money, you probably don't see the point in wasting time, money and effort just for the sake of leaving your safe ground. Book a Tokyo Dome concert and tickets sell out in hours, you don't even need to promote it. Commit to a concert abroad and you need to find a venue, convince the local industry big cats, spend a shit-ton of time and money on advertising, PR, promotion, local support, etc, and all you end up with is a fraction of the attendance and of your usual turnover. It's a lot of work for very little material and emotional compensation.

Think about how many sucessful Jap bands akin to X have tried to make it out of their own soft and comfortable four walls? Not many. Most don't even put their stuff up on Spotify and iTunes. In many cases, you can't even buy their records with a foreign address, join their fanclub or buy tickets to go see them in Japan - you need a nice friend over there willing to be your proxy. All things considered, what we get from X is pretty much state-of-the-art Japanese openness. Why does Toshi not write in English on social media, if he obviously can speak it? Probably because his narrow-minded PR folks who manage his online presence for him don't see the point of doing things otherwise. What does the rest of the band think about becoming model world citizens? They probably think it's a cool story, bro, but if The System keeps telling them it's better to stay home in their bunny slippers, they might end up believing it.
THIS! Exactly this. You know I have always wondered when I started listening to J-POP why none of these uber-sucessful artist ever do something like a world tour or why it is so f***** hard to buy a CD of them even though every little kid in Japan knows their name. I was always surprised thinking "Hey they are so damn popular in Japan and actually have quite some oversea fans gained through their enormous image/name. Why don't they do anything at all for these foreign fans? Why do they not want my money?" But really... if you are popular in Japan which has a really big music industry... you really don't need the rest of the world to live a comfortable life. You have to love your international fans a lot to pay that much attention to them. ^^° Because... they really don't need us. :(

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: July 14, 2018, 06:25:53 PM

I love this mental image, can I please believe it for a second?   :o

;D it made me cackle just writing it so if it makes you crack up for a moment please do lol. It's just so ridiculous that I couldn't stop myself lol

I think Fluffy and Matsumoto made great points and I'm surprised I hadn't considered them before. Japan is the No.1 music economy in the world follow by China and then the United States. X Japan gains nothing financially from going global unles they hit the jackpot. They gain financially from staying in Japan only. It definitely makes sense why Toshi's PR is never pushed towards an English audience.

But if you notice both Yoshiki and Sugizo and they're "spread" over the world (Sugizo's side projects for example, Yoshiki living in LA and making Violet UK) they personally position themselves to use English on their social media.

I'm not trying to make this convo a Yoshiki fest or anything, but I really do respect him for following his dream despite the adversities he's facing not only from the world, but, as Matsumoto and fluffy pointed out, from his own home as well.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: July 14, 2018, 06:47:53 PM

THIS! Exactly this. You know I have always wondered when I started listening to J-POP why none of these uber-sucessful artist ever do something like a world tour or why it is so f***** hard to buy a CD of them even though every little kid in Japan knows their name. I was always surprised thinking "Hey they are so damn popular in Japan and actually have quite some oversea fans gained through their enormous image/name. Why don't they do anything at all for these foreign fans? Why do they not want my money?" But really... if you are popular in Japan which has a really big music industry... you really don't need the rest of the world to live a comfortable life. You have to love your international fans a lot to pay that much attention to them. ^^° Because... they really don't need us. :(

That was really interesting to read, it can explains a little bit why the whole situation is what it is. Thanks.

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: July 14, 2018, 11:00:41 PM
For those of you interested, I know a Japanese/English blogger who writes extremely interesting articles on why super-successful Japanese bands don't seem to give a rat's ass about going international - spoiler alert: it has nothing to do with the band being a bunch of lowkey xenophobic and lazy old guys. Her blog is about Buck-Tick, another band I like, but it's funny how their fans face the exact same issues and ask themselves the exact same questions. Here's my favourite opinion article by her on this topic: On Xenohopbia, Fangirls, and Japanese White-Collar Cluelessness

(and since you're going on a trip to Mod land on an express train from X land, read her really spot-on analysis of the crazy Jap fan phenomenon, it's totally worth it!)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: July 15, 2018, 05:39:01 AM
I'm sorry that this disillusioned you. If it helps, lots of bands operate this way. Yoshiki even said in an English interview that back in the day he would hand all the members their parts... "guitar part, bass part."

That's why X Japan is no longer seen as a band after Taiji and Hide have left. (Of course, this is my personal opinion)

According to Yoshiki, he writes all the parts - even guitar parts and bass parts on his musical score and hands it out to each member. It brings out a question to me "Then why are they a band?". 

In my opinion, it's not fair to jump to conclusions about anyone's relationship based on that statement, especially Yoshiki and Toshi. Toshi is not the only one who wasn't at Lunatic fest... the rest of the band wasn't either. Maybe they just didn't want to do it.

I don't think I jumped to conclusions. I just referred to the greatest possibility. From what I've read on Japanese sites, Toshi arranged a fan meeting on the day of Lunatic Festival(or the previous day. I don't remember exactly). There is no reason that Pata or Heath wouldn't want to participate in Lunatic Festival. At first, some people doubted whether heath was the cause of the conflict with yoshiki, because he had some trouble in the past, but this case is different. Heath has no source of income other than X Japan and said that he loves live concerts.

When did he make that name and how did he publicize it?

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7431.0
Early this year. Of course, what people are talking about the name are just speculations.

It's important to consider the time line and see whether he had anything personal business wise going on.

Do you believe Toshi did not attend the premiere because of another schedule?

Japan is the No.1 music economy in the world follow by China and then the United States. X Japan gains nothing financially from going global unles they hit the jackpot. They gain financially from staying in Japan only. It definitely makes sense why Toshi's PR is never pushed towards an English audience.

FYI, Chinese music market is the 10th in the world and one tenth of the size of Japanese market.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_music_industry_market_share_data

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:44 AM

That's why X Japan is no longer seen as a band after Taiji and Hide have left. (Of course, this is my personal opinion)

According to Yoshiki, he writes all the parts - even guitar parts and bass parts on his musical score and hands it out to each member. It brings out a question to me "Then why are they a band?". 

That's how they were operating as a band before hide and Taiji left though. During The Last Live when The Last Song was being written, hide approached Yoshiki to let him write the guitar part for The Last Song.

Do you believe Toshi did not attend the premiere because of another schedule?

I don't know but it could be the case since he's also a solo artist and seems to have an interest in other business ventures (food/desserts)

FYI, Chinese music market is the 10th in the world and one tenth of the size of Japanese market.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_music_industry_market_share_data

My bad, thank you for the correction. I don't know why I thought differently.

Teemeah

Reply #164 on: July 16, 2018, 12:17:51 PM
I think we should stop speculating why they didn't participate in the festival and whose decision it was. This is a pointless excersice, to blindly blame Yoshiki or Toshi or whoever else, without knowing the behind-the-scenes works. There can be a gazillion reasons why.

Teemeah

Reply #165 on: July 16, 2018, 12:32:27 PM
As for the new song, initially i was disappointed and I voiced it on discord too. But I gave it some time, calmed down and tried to view it from other angles. I think I agree with what fluffy said before. It's their decision and there are too many personal possibilites of 'what X is', to say definitely that marketing a Yoshiki+Sugizo collab with hyde as 'X Japan' is wrong. I want Toshi on vocals, heck, I dislike hyde's way of singing. His previous X song renditions were horrendous. Without You also only has two members. Wriggle has two members and none of them are founding members of te band. ;) I can live with one song without Toshi's voice. As long as he is not replaced as the lead singer.

And even then, if ever, he would leave X japan, would we all leave the fandom? Did Queen fans leave the band when Freddy died? Can they live with other singers touring with the band?  http://diffuser.fm/replaced-lead-singers/ 30 bands that replaced their lead singers. They did still go on and their fans are still there (maybe not all of them, but hey, personal preferences).

Most bands have a gazillion lineup changes all the time. especially VK bands, sometimes you cannot even follow who is in which band at the time, they change bands every 2 years or so :) Somehow their fans still survive.

I'd be EXTREMELY sad if Toshi ever left X again. But probably I would survive. Just like 99% of fans survived hide's death and Taiji's departure, too.  This is just one single song with an unusual lineup. I can live with that. :)

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: July 16, 2018, 01:07:41 PM
Id definitely stop caring completely if Toshi left. Massive lineup changes because of disagreement when bands are this old and big are almost always lame. I don't think hed ever leave though , so no worries

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: July 17, 2018, 07:21:59 AM
As for the new song, initially i was disappointed and I voiced it on discord too. But I gave it some time, calmed down and tried to view it from other angles. I think I agree with what fluffy said before. It's their decision and there are too many personal possibilites of 'what X is', to say definitely that marketing a Yoshiki+Sugizo collab with hyde as 'X Japan' is wrong. I want Toshi on vocals, heck, I dislike hyde's way of singing. His previous X song renditions were horrendous. Without You also only has two members. Wriggle has two members and none of them are founding members of te band. ;) I can live with one song without Toshi's voice. As long as he is not replaced as the lead singer.

And even then, if ever, he would leave X japan, would we all leave the fandom? Did Queen fans leave the band when Freddy died? Can they live with other singers touring with the band?  http://diffuser.fm/replaced-lead-singers/ 30 bands that replaced their lead singers. They did still go on and their fans are still there (maybe not all of them, but hey, personal preferences).

Most bands have a gazillion lineup changes all the time. especially VK bands, sometimes you cannot even follow who is in which band at the time, they change bands every 2 years or so :) Somehow their fans still survive.

I'd be EXTREMELY sad if Toshi ever left X again. But probably I would survive. Just like 99% of fans survived hide's death and Taiji's departure, too.  This is just one single song with an unusual lineup. I can live with that. :)

As far as Queen fans, Freddie's death and how the fans feel now... for the most part, the die hard Queen fans are up in arms about anyone singing Queen songs with Brian and Roger or with Brian and Roger calling the band Queen or Queen + (insert any other singer's name, here) and I can honestly say, I have argued with many, many of them.  They are vehemently against it, period, and refuse to go to a concert or even watch a youtube video with any other collaboration that is called Queen.  They would rather Roger and Brian go it alone and perform as Queen rather than to have to listen to them play with anyone else and that also includes John Deacon, the bass player, who is still alive and just refuses to perform.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: July 17, 2018, 07:45:20 AM
pt_93 asked me to post this and I agreed to do so.  She said "everyone on twitter was talking about it, so I asked my Japanese friend that watched the stream on twitter."  "Today in Toshi Channel he talked about Red Swan."

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: July 17, 2018, 08:31:59 AM
I've read that an the chat.

Nothing bad about pt_93. Don't get me wrong here. But... I can't really believe that this is true.

I mean, if Yoshiki really does this alone and Toshi is sad about it, why would Toshi say it? It could get Toshi in a lot of trouble if he said this to the fans. I mean, think about it. It's like a rose war for a band if someone said loudly that he is feeling bad about the decisions of the band leader....

@pt_93
Please can you give me a link to the live stream? It's not I did not believe you, it's more about "Fuck, X Japan is destroying itself again." when it is true what you've said.

positively unsure。

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: July 17, 2018, 09:07:55 AM
My honest feeling is that that is disappointing to hear. I feel sorry for Toshi and the rest of the band.

However, my other honest feeling is that if that is Yoshiki's decision, it is Yoshiki's decision.

Toshi is my favorite singer of all time. X Japan needs Toshi. As a ballad, I guess bass and guitar weren't necessarily parts of the song anyway but it seems I was wrong about how the song was approached and who went to who to be featured in the song for AOT S3. I can't say I understand why the decision was made the way it was but it was made.

Another honest feeling... I'm just over the drama. I'm exhausted by it. I know there will be a war now over X Japan/Toshi/Yoshiki/Pata/Heath loyalists but I hope we can all keep it clean and try not to hate the members or EACH OTHER when expressing our opinions, feelings, and points of view.

I love you all lol, and this place. I know this news will upset many of you. We don't need to bring hurt/anger/violence off the screens into each other's homes to break coffee mugs over though so please address things civilly going forward. I do stand by Yoshiki and will support him no matter what... I've been through it all so to speak, so I'm ready to say that confidently, I know which side I "belong" to. I know that might not be popular here but it is what it is.

Edit: I, too, would like a link to the stream. It's not that I don't believe it. ToshI has found his own voice and that's fine. But I would like to see another Japanese speaker's translation of it... purely because of the topic.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:11:21 AM by returner »

Teemeah

Reply #171 on: July 17, 2018, 09:33:51 AM
I really want someone from here, lakeisle or sasasama to watch that part and tell what they think. I have previously seen twitter user fans abuse and tweak information to their liking. I also believe that Toshi would never say out loud that he is disappointed in Yoshiki's decision. That would be very unprofessional and I think Toshi is pro enough to know what he can and cannot say on social media and live broadcast.

+ I think if Toshi really said that, Japanese media would immediately create a scandal about it. "Toshi dissatisfied with Yoshiki" etc headlines would be flooding. Just like when they were claiming that Toshi didn't go to Lunatic fest because he asked too much money. He had to refute it in live broadcast.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:37:21 AM by Teemeah »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: July 17, 2018, 09:45:20 AM
I really want someone from here, lakeisle or sasasama to watch that part and tell what they think. I have previously seen twitter user fans abuse and tweak information to their liking. I also believe that Toshi would never say out loud that he is disappointed in Yoshiki's decision. That would be very unprofessional and I think Toshi is pro enough to know what he can and cannot say on social media and live broadcast.

+ I think if Toshi really said that, Japanese media would immediately create a scandal about it. "Toshi dissatisfied with Yoshiki" etc headlines would be flooding. Just like when they were claiming that Toshi didn't go to Lunatic fest because he asked too much money. He had to refute it in live broadcast.

Jeez the media did that? Awful. And good point. I think we need numerous sources on this one tbh.

Teemeah

Reply #173 on: July 17, 2018, 09:50:20 AM
Yellow press picks up on all these things. They create articles from a single sentence taken out of context, too. I still believe that Toshi wouldn't have publicaly said he was disappointed because of Yoshiki's decision. He probably apologised because that's a Japanese way, your fans are sad so what can you do? Apologise and tell them that you are sorry they are sad. But to say that he is disappointed with Yoshiki's decision? That would make headlines in Japan...

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: July 17, 2018, 12:33:41 PM
Why would my friend lie? Everyone else was saying Toshi said that. So I asked her what he actually said. I don’t see how that is so unprofessional, he kept being askes about fans and he said tha his honest feelings is that he was disappointed about Yoshiki’s decision to release the song as X Japan.’ It’s impossible with all of you, I just KNEW you would ask for a video. Besides, YOU are making up stuff without watching the video either, you want to believe that’s what happened but my friend quoted him, why would she make that up? Everyone else was saying the same, she just confirmed it for me. I hope I can find a video so all of you can shut up but even then you will find something else to say.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: July 17, 2018, 12:34:16 PM
IF this is true than fuck Yoshiki, what a prick
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:41:41 PM by axlroseX »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: July 17, 2018, 12:48:23 PM
I hope I can find a video so all of you can shut up but even then you will find something else to say.

Please calm down a bit here  :)

We just questioning something so we can be absolutely sure. Because this is a big deal.

positively unsure。

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: July 17, 2018, 01:46:03 PM
http://s.webry.info/sp/blueverse.at.webry.info/201807/article_19.html

This is what I found. This person says, he/she went to 2 of Yoshiki's dinner shows (second and third night), and she quoted him. He quoted Toshi as well, about what he said on Toshi channel.

「個人的には残念な気持ちはありますけれども
"Personally, I feel dissapointed"

「YOSHIKIが選んだ人」「YOSHIKIが決めること」
ということでした.

"Yoshiki choose that person(Hyde). It was Yoshiki's decision."

She also said, what Yoshiki said on his dinner show. He said "I was questioning myself a lot when X Japan broke up. I didn't know what went wrong. I took resposibility of their lives as a leader, and told them to "follow me". They followed me, but something went wrong. I hope, it's still not too late (to fix things)".

That's all I could find.

Edit: to avoid misunderstandings, the "something went wrong" part is for the past events. Something went wrong in the past so they broke up. And he was wondering what did he do wrong.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:22:37 PM by sasasama »

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: July 17, 2018, 02:17:26 PM
Thank you, sasasama.  That pretty well says it all and mirrors what pt_93's friend said.  In fact, it seems a bit worse! :o !

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: July 17, 2018, 02:18:05 PM
Unbelievable

This song is not X Japan

Fuck Yoshiki