• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

My X Japan rant with a twist

axlroseX · 11879

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: May 25, 2018, 05:51:31 PM

Over the years I've been come to know on here as really pessimistic and down on the band and Yoshiki in particular. It doesn't mean my love for the music or members and community ever left, but it did mean Id nitpick and criticize every little thing Yoshiki did or didnt do. I put the guy under the microscope. I know he doesnt read these boards and I think that combined with the insane wait has just lead me to focus I'm the negatives. Sorry, Yoshiki!

Anyways, I think getting that new guitar combined with some very recent family turmoil and me FINALLY watching "We are X" has really gotten me back to just caring about the band.

I thought the documentary was great. I cant believe I havent seen it yet. I was upset when hearing it was all Yoshiki centric, but after watching it I think it did a great job. Yoshiki really is X and X is Yoshiki. He came across as genuine and even down to earth. I also thought it did a great job focusing in Toshi. A bit on Heath and more on Pata would have been nice but I understood the layout. I got choked up at several parts. Especially the scenes with just Yoshiki and Toshi together. Its also made me see all the post reunion material in a new light. The fact that there is music since 2007 with Toshi and Yoshiki is miraculous. I want the new album now more than ever, and I really hope it does surface. From now on I will just wait patiently. I also liked the bit on The Last Live. Really sad stuff, but an important part of their history. I forget how soon hide died after.

In regards to the monents where Yoshiki talks about "making it" overseas, I think they already have. I have said in the past that they will never be featured on major American radio, or go on American arena tours, and I still think thats true ... But who cares? I am a dude from Michigan and these guys are one of my all time favorite bands who have really touched me. How many of you are from Japan? Not many, I bet. Same goes for all their social media sites. They already reached 1000s of people all over the world, they have nothing more to prove as far as I am concerned.

Theres my little rant for the day, at least it is positive for once though! Now to wait for another USA tour and album

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 06:09:15 PM
I thought the documentary was great.

In regards to the monents where Yoshiki talks about "making it" overseas, I think they already have.

Yes!!!!  8)

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 07:12:07 PM
Great confession. :) and we are x really helps to understand yoshiki's mindset a little better. It is also a movie that got X Japan a lot of fans.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 07:48:29 PM
It may not really have new info for us diehards but I really liked it. Wish it was longer

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 08:51:21 PM
I wish they had more Pata and Heath and Sugizo, but for the first two, if you check the interviews in the extras, they are not very talkative, and even when asked specific questions, Heath especially, try to evade the answer with some generic info. Like, Heathw was asked what his childhod was like, and he answered somethign like "I grew up next to the sea". And... that's about it. I learnt only one new info about Heath: that he had an older brother. So, to me it looks like focusing on Yoshiki was also necessary simply because the other members were possibly not willing to share personal information.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 01:55:45 AM
I'm going the opposite way. I was so hopeful with the reunion and nowadays seems like the only thing that matters is showing how "Yoshiki is a genius, Yoshiki is amazing, he does everything and their minions just follow his orders". And I just deleted a 10 line huge reply about it because I couldn't stop complaining.

X today is Yoshiki. Is his ego-boost project. But X is what it is today due to the collaboration of each member, mostly hide and Taiji, who "guided" Yoshiki in so many ways. I doubt X would be huge as they're today if they didn't have the influence of hide and Taiji. Just see how it was before they joined.

Yoshiki is a great artist, an amazing composer and I still love his work. But I don't agree with the direction he wants X to turn, if it has any direction whatsoever.

Teemeah

Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
That is truem but he is completely left alone with it. Neither Pata, nor Heath is the type of person who would influence the musical direction (or want to, for that matter). Toshi is obviously the type who does what he is told to do, and he is not such a great musical producer to do any significiant stuff on X. Sugizo is the only one who has capabilities in production like hide had. But Sugizo has a full time job in Luna Sea, and he considers himself a "helping hand" only. I doubt he would want to force anything on Yoshiki or go against what Yoshiki plans to do with X. So, how do you expect Yoshiki to be like in the past? He may have lost direction, yes, but who's gonna help him get back on the track you envision or hope for? The dude does all the work himself now. The others only go to the studio to record when told to.

BTW, I feel like X is more of an emotiona burden now for Yoshiki than an ego boost. It may have been an ego boost around the reunion, but now, it looks like he is getting tired and keeps doing it because he is reluctant to let it go for past sentiments, and because fans still have expectations.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:46:24 AM by Teemeah »

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 03:02:15 AM
Right. Sugizo is the only member who is likely to arrange the songs and influence the musical direction. But Yoshiki's studio is too far from Japan and Sugizo is so busy. Moreover, Sugizo behaves as a perfect kouhai in X Japan so I don't think he will make any claims about musical direction of X.   

I wished Yoshiki had a music partner who could support him like I.N.A did to hide. But Yoshiki might not wish for co-producing or, more likely, he could not find a music partner. Taiji and hide were good music partners, but I don't think Yoshiki can find such partners through auditions. (As he couldn't find a vocalist to replace Toshi) I speculate Yoshiki will be lonely when he works on the new album despite all his friends and fans.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 10:12:29 AM
Interesting rant, axlrose, I pretty much echo everything you said. Same as with you, the film dragged me back into the band after a long hiatus. I think the editing was great and Kijak sure did a great job, considering how complex their history is and how hard the task was, to start with (as in creating a film for both old and potential new fans.)

I think Yoshiki did a good job as well, all things considered. We learned nothing new but he was candid enough to keep things interesting and personal. My main regret was the lack of participation by the rest of the band, indeed. But as you so rightly put it, the soul of X lies probably too deep inside their frontman's crazy antics to allow for a different interpretation. And as we've already discussed here at length, Pata and Heath were probably not too eager to rant on camera about the price of eggs and whatnot. (Long live the introverts!)

Toshi was the greatest surprise here. I had never expected him to come out so clean about his brainwashing ordeal. He deserves massive kudos just for that. It was his presence that I missed the most on this film. He's one of the founders of the band and a pretty talkative guy with a decent-enough level of English. Why so low profile, then, Toshi? He's the lead singer, after all. Aren't lead singers supposed to kind of steal the spotlight, huh?

Right. Sugizo is the only member who is likely to arrange the songs and influence the musical direction. But Yoshiki's studio is too far from Japan and Sugizo is so busy. Moreover, Sugizo behaves as a perfect kouhai in X Japan so I don't think he will make any claims about musical direction of X.   

My thoughts exactly, I think you really hit the nail with your entire comment. We often overlook the logistics, but let's not forget Yoshiki is literally working half a world away from the rest of his band. And for some reason, I feel like he's slowly but surely finding ways to do the entire job himself (judging from his Instagram, the guy plays all instruments now - and proud of it). Sugizo's position is pretty tough and while I appreciate his discretion and everything, his producing skills could come in very handy at this point, if only he could break the glass ceiling of cultural burdens and hierarchic bullshit.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 11:53:59 AM
Yeah, I think Sugizo respects Yoshiki too much to firmly kick his butt. hide had no such issues, but hide was actually older than Yoshiki and he was also longer in the music business, even if it is just one year more, in East Asian culture that already makes you a senpai -- a senior in your field. Yoshiki is Sugizo's senpai, and even if we wish they would disregards their cultural annotations, that is unlikely to happen. Also, they are Japanese, they won't be able to live outside of their culture, it is not possible. Each of us are bound to our respective birth cultures in a way, it's ingrained, even if we want to disregard it. Yoshiki may have become Americanized in certain aspects of his life, but he will never be able to get free of other parts of his original culture, especially that he has business and relatives in Japan and visits frequently.

Logistics though is not really a matter nowadays. You can work on a song in 3 different studios at the same time and facetime with your engineers, musicians and staff. Entire collaborations are made that way, with one musician sitting in the US and the other in Korea, for example. G-Dragon made such a collab with Skrillex. Yoshiki also mentioned that when they were recording the Last Song, he was not willing to be in the same studio with Toshi, so he sent everything to Tokyo with notes and there his staff recorded it according to his wishes. And that was in 1997... Now you have the glorious internet being able to handle gigabytes of information under a few minutes ;)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
That is truem but he is completely left alone with it. Neither Pata, nor Heath is the type of person who would influence the musical direction (or want to, for that matter). T

How can you be so sure about that? Does Pata, Heath or Toshi said that anywhere?

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
That is truem but he is completely left alone with it. Neither Pata, nor Heath is the type of person who would influence the musical direction (or want to, for that matter). T

How can you be so sure about that? Does Pata, Heath or Toshi said that anywhere?

Have they influenced X Japan's musical direction in the past 35 years? If so, how? Where? Which song? Pata and Heath each have one songwriting credit on X Japan stuff. They compose for their other projects, but they haven't gone against Yoshiki in X, have they? Pata's solo work is entirely different in style, and Heath's solo stuff is also not exactly what you hear in X.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 03:19:12 PM
Can you please just answer my question?

Then I will gladly respond to the things you have written.

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 03:47:45 PM

Have they influenced X Japan's musical direction in the past 35 years? If so, how? Where? Which song? Pata and Heath each have one songwriting credit on X Japan stuff. They compose for their other projects, but they haven't gone against Yoshiki in X, have they? Pata's solo work is entirely different in style, and Heath's solo stuff is also not exactly what you hear in X.

There’s more to that than songwriting, like arrangements, solos, ideas, production, etc. For example, Taiji didn’t have so many credits on Blue Blood but he’s responsable for many of the final arrangements, same with Vanishing Vision. Besides, what kind of music they do solo is irrelevant, all of them (including Yoshiki) never did music similar to X in their solo career.

According to Heath, X Japan is much more of a band now than it was before the reunion, he said that thanks to Toshi (whatever he did) they now sit together to discuss the songs and talk about the arrangements and all that wnd that Yoshiki doesn’t just hand them the sheets like before. That’s what Heath has said about it, as far as I know.

Teemeah

Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 05:22:38 PM
Can you link that interview here? :)

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 06:10:24 PM
I think this is a great discussions from all sides. I dont necessarily take back my past negativity (it might even return, in time), and I am still very frustrated, that hasnt changed. I just want to try focusing more on the positives now. When it comes down to it, their legacy is cemented and the reunion can be seen as a triumphant ending to the legacy. Yeah, its been horribly mishandled more than a few times, but when you think about it, we should be happy its happened.

We haven't gotten the album (yet?) but we have gotten a small handful of new songs, 6 of which have officially released studio recordings. The band has toured enough to let many fans who never had the chance to see them finally see them with (for the most part) high quality performances, they played again with Taiji, Toshi and Yoshikis friendship was repaired, and they (although slowly) tour all over the world.

Its easy to spin these things in a negetive light, and I certainly have in the past. Nothing went perfectly, but now I do think those victories have made the past decade a great thing to have that I definitely have taken for granted. I love X and Yoshiki and always have. I am frusturated with him and think everyone here has every right to say what they believe. I just need to remember that I genuinely love this band and I do think the members have some weird/special aura that draws is in more. They seem like decent people, and I am rooting for this record to materialize one day.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 09:28:33 PM
Can you link that interview here? :)

I don't have it because I don't save all of this, it was last year after Yoshiki's surgery, he said how Toshi really stepped up to make everything work for the acoustic concerts and he said the other thing. I know you'll believe what you want anyway.

EDIT: Pata also said Yoshiki doesn't just give them the sheets with their parts anymore, this was in We Are X, so there's that too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:37:54 PM by pt_93 »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 01:43:15 AM

In their last concerts, if you put a rock with a wig and a bass, nobody would notice that Heath wasn't there. What happened to the guy? He is becoming more apathetic with the time.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 05:41:03 AM
I just read this article. I was very shocked that Sugizo was thinking like this. He seemed very confident and full of self-love. It is apparent that Yoshiki likes Sugizo and treats him very well. I think the problem that Sugizo currently faces is not a matter of Senpai & Kouhai relationship, namely hierarchy. 

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180529-00010000-musicv-ent

"It's not easy for me because old fans think I am a foreign object in the band. There are still critical opinions about me even after ten years. But now, live performances do not work without me. So I think like "Do you want to see the live concerts? If so, you can't help it even if you hate me.(laughs)"
"

Teemeah

Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 07:02:21 AM
wow I never thought Sugizo still feels like he is not accepted :o Sugizo, if you read is, believe me, we all LOVE YOU :o

Teemeah

Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 07:04:42 AM
Can you please just answer my question?

Then I will gladly respond to the things you have written.

Do they have to say it anywhere out loud? You cannot judge from what they have been doing in X for the past 35 years? :) anddid they ever say anything that is opposite my opinion? Did Pata and Heath ever talk about musical direction and how they influenced things? I have never seen any such information. I would be glad to read such interviews. If you have any, please don'r refrain from linking them here, si I can change my opinion. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:06:19 AM by Teemeah »

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 09:46:31 AM
@ Teemeah: Don't you think it's a bit harsh of you to simply assume that they do not contribute to the musical direction of X? Just because it's not so obvious or because they aren't so vocal about it? And if their contribution is just letting Yoshiki do his thing and supporting him... who cares? They both haven been in the band for a hell of a long time (especially Pata). Heath joined during a very bad time for X and there wasn't much released album-wise after he joined the band. So where do you expect to see his contribution?

And what the hell is your problem with Toshi? ^^° Toshi is probably Yoshikis biggest supporter (right after his mum).

Yoshiki isn't / doesn't have to do everything on his own. Sometimes he might have problems letting go and allow other People to do stuff, but that's his problem... not the other band members problem.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Teemeah

Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 10:12:28 AM
I don't have any problem with anyone in the band. And we assume things because we don't have facts that would support either theories.

That was my opinion, and nb asked first if I have proof that Pata and Heath didn't contrbiute. I just asked back, if he has proof otherwise. It's two sides of the same coin. We don't know, because they haven't --- to my knowledge --- talked about such things, at least not in any intertview I had access to in English, and I read quite a bunch of stuff when I was working on each member's wiki articles. I dug up archived pages and even magazine scans, for weeks I was just researching. I don't claim I have read every single article ever released, especially not the Japanese language print ones, for sure.

That's why I'm aksing, if you have any interviews where Pata and Heath talk about these things, I would love to read. Until then, my assumption based on what I have read and experienced so far, will be the same. We each have our own opinions and that has nothing to do whether I like the said band members or not. Nobody loves Heath more on this forum than I do. :) My opinion is still that I don't think he influenced the musical direction of X, or that Pata has done so. Maybe lakeisle has information from Japanese journals, like with Taiji's contribution. I don't know. Until then, this is my opinion. Can I be entitled to my own opinion until I see convincing info otherwise?

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 10:26:48 AM
"It's not easy for me because old fans think I am a foreign object in the band. There are still critical opinions about me even after ten years. But now, live performances do not work without me. So I think like "Do you want to see the live concerts? If so, you can't help it even if you hate me.(laughs)"

To be perfectly honest, as much as I like and respect Sugizo as a musician and as much as I appreciate his modesty in X, he's not exactly the soul of the band to me. But I wouldn't expect him to be, either. We could debate whether the current X is still a legit, actual band or some self-tribute to its own legacy. Either way, Sugizo's game is fair game. He's lowkey enough to avoid obscuring Hide's legacy yet innovative enough to stand out as a legit lead guitarist.

Logistics though is not really a matter nowadays. You can work on a song in 3 different studios at the same time and facetime with your engineers, musicians and staff. Entire collaborations are made that way (...)

Fair point. But for the sake of argument, is it really the best way to make music? If we rewind back to its roots, how did the rock and visual kei movements even start? A bunch of people jamming in somebody's garage and getting drunk together. Vanishing Vision saw the light that way, with all members contributing with a very primal part of themselves. Taiji's distinctive bass, Hide recycling songs from Saver Tiger, Toshi's conflict and earthiness, Yoshiki's classical influences... (and Pata's mohawk, why  ;D) Now, after all they've been through and at their age, I can't quite picture them downing cheap ale and wreaking havoc in Chiba, but sitting down together to come up with concepts for new songs, discussing lyrics and artistic direction seems doable to me. Some stuff, and especially artistic stuff, needs a certain closeness, a certain impromptu factor and a certain chaos to work out. Might not exactly flow that freely if you have a horde of assistants, label representatives, managers and the Pacific Ocean in the way.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 10:43:25 AM
Yes, that's also a fair point matsumoto. I think it's not as undoable as it was in the 80s, though. We have legit awesome conversation on rabb.it while watching a video from 8 different countries at the same time together. If we wanted, we could even facetime through it all. It's like sitting in the same living room almost. Not quite like a jam in a garage but definitely not as secluded as it would have been in 1997 when Yoshiki had to physically post his demo and his notes to Tokyo to his engineers and probably guided them blindly over a dial-up phone :D I think he also has studios in Tokyo and he can fly over whenever he feels like, he owns a private jet after all. I still think logistics is not the primary reason.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
I don't have any problem with anyone in the band. And we assume things because we don't have facts that would support either theories.

That was my opinion, and nb asked first if I have proof that Pata and Heath didn't contrbiute. I just asked back, if he has proof otherwise. It's two sides of the same coin. We don't know, because they haven't --- to my knowledge --- talked about such things, at least not in any intertview I had access to in English, and I read quite a bunch of stuff when I was working on each member's wiki articles. I dug up archived pages and even magazine scans, for weeks I was just researching. I don't claim I have read every single article ever released, especially not the Japanese language print ones, for sure.

That's why I'm aksing, if you have any interviews where Pata and Heath talk about these things, I would love to read. Until then, my assumption based on what I have read and experienced so far, will be the same. We each have our own opinions and that has nothing to do whether I like the said band members or not. Nobody loves Heath more on this forum than I do. :) My opinion is still that I don't think he influenced the musical direction of X, or that Pata has done so. Maybe lakeisle has information from Japanese journals, like with Taiji's contribution. I don't know. Until then, this is my opinion. Can I be entitled to my own opinion until I see convincing info otherwise?

Do you know the saying "In dubio pro reo"? I for my part will always believe that a member of the band whos been in that band for such a long time has/wants/will influence the bands musical direction and make some contribution, if noone can prove otherwise. As you said we're all just making assumptions. Nobody knows fully how much involved every member is behind the scenes. So my assumption will stay opposite to yours still.

Edit: Oh yeah almost forgot: "Toshi is obviously the type who does what he is told to do, and he is not such a great musical producer to do any significiant stuff on X." You wrote that. To me it sounded very negative towards Toshi... like if he isn't useful or something. If I got that wrong I'm sorry.

Oh and btw: I don't think that he's the type who does what he is told to do. He did that once in the past and it didn't end well. I think he acts and thinks very freely and does not always do what he is told...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:54:17 AM by Kasumi »

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 12:43:35 PM
I just read this article. I was very shocked that Sugizo was thinking like this. He seemed very confident and full of self-love. It is apparent that Yoshiki likes Sugizo and treats him very well. I think the problem that Sugizo currently faces is not a matter of Senpai & Kouhai relationship, namely hierarchy. 

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180529-00010000-musicv-ent

"

I remember people complaining on the first years after the reunion that X shouldn't have a new guitarist and use hide recordings forever. Like, they shouldn't ever move forward.

When I saw the announcement of the reunion, in 2007, Sugizo was the first name who I thought to be the new guitarist. They would need one. I remember being SO frustrated when the first ads of the reunion concerts listed Wes Borland as guest guitarist. Wes seems a nice guy, a great guitarist, and I personally don't like Limp Bizkit. But he doesn't "fit" into X. Sugizo is a good guitarist, he has a good relationship with the band, he somehow had a "history" with X. When he played at the reunion concerts, then on hide Memorial Summit, then on Countdown GIG... so it felt "right" to have him as a permanent member.

The current lineup is awesome. On the acoustic concerts, which seemed like everyone worked together instead of just blindly following Yoshiki, they showed how awesome they are working as a band.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 03:10:14 PM
Thank you, Teemeah, for saying that it's just your opinion. Before, unfortunately, you have presented it as a fact. And that is a bit problematic i think.

Yoshiki wrote in his book, I think it was there that he was very sad when Hide told him to pick the songs for Dalhia himself and decide it all on his own. It used to be that they always talked together about the musical direction and also which songs and in which order they come on the album.

So it seems like the other band members have been doing a lot in the last 35 years for the sound of X.

That being said, I would like to refer to the songs that other band members have written. For example Voiceless Screaming. Toshi and Taiji were that.

And yes, the acoustic concerts have shown how wonderful the band harmonizes when the pressure of Yoshiki is gone. Anyway, I felt that way.

In my opinion, it might be more that Yoshiki does not really want to talk to the band. In my opinion, the other members would certainly like to contribute more, but Yoshiki may not let them.

positively unsure。

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 06:16:31 AM
I don't think Pata and Heath influence the musical direction of the band directly. I mean they don't seem to make strong claims about music.

http://www.xjapantranslations.com/rockinf-1988-june-issue

ㄴ I translated this interview before(Eng->Kor), refering to the original interview written in Japanese. In other words, I read every sentence very thoroughly, and concluded that Taiji and Yoshiki played a major role in shaping the musical direction. Toshi and Pata didn't give much opinions about the album direction.

But it doesn't mean that the two didn't contribute to X Japan's music.

We often talk about it in our local fan community. If every member of the band has strong musical color and opinion like Taiji and Yoshiki, the band can't last long. They say if the Beatles had no Ringo Starr, the band would have disbanded much sooner.

I don't think Pata influenced X's musical direction very much, but I think he contributed greatly to the band. Think about it. Taiji left the band. Toshi also left the band. Hide didn't leave the band but he left this world forever. Heath is currently a solid member but has once declared his withdrawal. Only Pata has never left the band, nor has caused any troubles, and has been staying near Yoshiki reliably. I can't compliment him more. I think Pata has contributed to the band more than anyone else. He doesn't write or arrange a lot of songs in the band, but he has contributed to the band in a different way than Taiji and hide.

The bottom line is... Pata is great!

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 06:36:17 AM

Sugizo is a good guitarist, he has a good relationship with the band, he somehow had a "history" with X.

I guess that the TV show was recorded after the Coachella Festival. We can't say that the first gig of the Coacella was good. Although the users here blamed Coacella staffs more then the members, Japanese netizens blamed the members harshly. Most of them said that scouting Sugizo turned out to be a failure. If Sugizo had read those comments, I can imagine how hurt he would have been. I hope he quickly regains the would of the heart.