Pata Translation

lakeisle · 4674

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: May 23, 2018, 04:13:09 PM
* When Yoshiki called Pata’s house

http://tv.kakao.com/v/386044887

Toshi : It was when we were working on “Skull Trash Zone”.

Pata : He said his band had no guitarist.

Toshi : That’s why we were saying “Let’s call Pata” at that time.

Pata : On New Year’s Day, he called my house.

Toshi : (laughs) Because we didn’t have cell phones at that time. He called your house. Did your mother answer the phone?

Pata : Yes, my mother answered the phone. She said “This is a phone call from a guy who shutters stutters”.

Toshi : (laughs) Wait, wait, peep, peep, peep!

Pata : Did I make a mistake?

Toshi : No, that’s OK.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:39:02 AM by lakeisle »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 04:31:28 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:11:29 AM
hahaha poor Yoshiki

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 11:34:52 AM
Haha  ;D

Thx for the translation.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 02:00:06 PM
 ;D

Your scars are beautiful

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:10:16 PM
I just realized I had to write the word "stutter" instead of "shutter". I didn't know that.

BTW, why did you guys laugh? Did you notice what I meant? LOL

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 05:03:03 PM
I did laugh, I understood what you meant 😂😂 Pata’s mom was spot on.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 05:40:59 PM
BTW, why did you guys laugh? Did you notice what I meant? LOL

The meaning was clear^^

positively unsure。

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 07:28:03 PM
"This is a phonecall from a guy who stutters"  ;D

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 09:39:44 AM

Thank you for the correction.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 09:08:45 AM

Thank you for the correction.

Not a correction at all, your version was totally correct, just stressing how funny this part is  ;D

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 01:23:30 PM
Oh! I'm glad that I'm understood by you.  :D

Offline LuXxy

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 07:54:00 AM
 ;D Thank you for the translation, this is funny but also adorable ♡

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 11:11:07 AM
Messages sent by HIDE to PATA (excerpt from the PATA’s Guitar Book)

The PATA’s Guitar Book(1994) has a supplement called “Message to PATA”, which contains messages from 51 people. Among them, hide’s message.

■ HIDE (X)

When I joined X, there was still a (former) guitarist. But he got into an accident and was unable to play the guitar, so Yoshiki brought PATA. My first impression of him was was very thin. He was giving off an image of music store clerk. Actually, he was a video rental store clerk(laughs).

I always hang out with PATA after our debut. He was my neighbor. I told him when he was about to move, “Move near my house”, and he moved to a place very close to my home, into the immediate vicinity. But I didn’t drink much at that time. If it wasn’t for parties, I rarely drink alcohol. Drinking was a kind of event until I met PATA. However, alcohol has become a daily routine since I hung out with PATA. The guy is always drinking. He is my alcohol teacher. Everything is due to PATA. He has made me this way. PATA is bad. I misinterpreted PATA’s teachings. PATA is on the right track, but I, who looked up to PATA as a teacher and entered the alcohol track, am on the wrong track(laughs).

Recently, PATA is strange. He is bright when he drinks. In the past, he didn’t change at all even if he drinks, but recently I can see that he is drunk at a glance. He is different from me or Yoshiki when he's drunk. Like a nice drunk uncle. He used to drink saying “Mu~” but these days, he says something like “I am~”. But I like the guy as he is now. It is fun. 

By the way, I used to put on make up of PATA before concerts. PATA of that days had the most horrible appearance. One day I drew letters on his face like Mimi-Nashi-Hoichi(耳なし芳一), one day I made half of his face keloid... It changed everyday. When I asked “PATA, what would you like to do today?”, he answered “Do anything”. Perhaps, he didn’t know how he looked on stage. Because he was always drinking(laughs). I shaved the hair of drunk PATA. One day we decided to have our hair dyed, and the next day, he suddenly showed up with red hair. He is usually gentle, but becomes bold when he makes up his mind! I was amazed.

PATA is an amazing guitar uncle. Back in the days, we stayed in a room and made songs together. A man who weirdly plays speedy guitar solo. I don’t think he plays very fast, but he probably enjoys speedy playing. He rarely does it, but if you request, “Play it speedily” then he will play for you. But you can’t tell what he is playing(laughs). PATA’s speedy playing when he is in trouble! I can’t do it. So ask it to PATA, he’s going to do it for you.

I have lots of anecdotes about PATA, but I feel I’ve talked them all before. However, since this is a PATA’s book, is it not better to write about the episode of Armani? One day, we all were talking about Armani. PATA, who was listening to us asked abruptly, “What is that Armani? Yummy?” Everyone there became silent(laughs).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYipYkw-H9o

(1:40~) HIDE is so excited about shouting “Armani? Taste good?” and makes the audience repeat after him. He is so happy to tease PATA. Some audience are holding a sign written “Armani? Taste good?”

One day of indies era, after drinking at a bar we were walking and going on the rampage on the street. Someone broke a signboard, and the barkeeper dragged PATA, who was walking from behind, into the bar. The barkeeper was fuming “You bastard, come on”  Guess what PATA told the barkeeper. He said, “Can you get me a beer?”(laughs). He is fucking awesome!

Recently PATA is fine. For the last one year in particular. He used to say that he shrinks in Japan, but feels well in the States. He looks lively probably because he often stays in LA. I heard that the flame is the brightest at the end. Wish he was not the case(laughs). When I heard that PATA was working on a solo album, I thought I had to push him. When I kidnapped PATA for a jet coaster, he said “I can do it”, so I asked him to let me listen to the songs. Then there were only the riffs on the drums and bass. Nevertheless, he said “Recording is going on. No problem”, so I was seriously worried. But the album came out sooner than the other’s albums in the end. I listened to it and it’s amazing! I’ve never seen PATA anxious or lost. Even at times when an ordinary person panics, such as knocking down beer glasses, PATA is very calm.

I often touched his hair on stage. When I touched his hair from behind, he got angry. Once, PATA disappeared from the stage suddenly. “Where did he go?” I was surprised. He actually fell down into the mosh pit. PATA was not in a panic even at that moment. He is PATA(laughs). By the way, he didn’t realize that his fingers had been broken or dislocated for a long time. He saw a doctor by chance and was told “It’s broken”. He’s a guy like that. He’s rarely agitated. I’m concerned though. What if he can’t notice even when he dies?

Just after our debut, there were days when I was ruining and going through a rough time. PATA came over to my place and put down a bottle of alcohol on the floor. He didn’t tell me something like “Don’t say anything, Just drink.” but he had such an atmosphere. I mean the atmosphere like a monk(laughs). He is not very sensitive, but takes good care of others in case of need. Very reliable. He relieves me by just being close to me. Somehow, a fascinating person.