• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Coachella with surprises

Guest · 45523

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: April 12, 2018, 04:56:00 AM
Wow, can't believe my schedule actually lines up perfectly to watch this! It will be a bit later for me here in Texas... 1 am lol. But I should be up anyway so party party!

Btw, did anyone else notice they're performing at the same time as Beyonce? I wonder if they will be heard from all the way over at her stage lol

Edit: I'm really glad Sugizo will be performing at Coachella. It's not the same without him and it really would have been a bummer to kind of present X Japan to America without him. Definitely would have been an incomplete band. He's really become X, I would have been super sad and a little pissed! Haha

Here are the various stages and their layout for the festival.  I haven't been able to find out what the distance between stages is, yet, however.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Babak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: April 12, 2018, 05:43:31 AM
Argh! I’ll miss this :( can anyone imagine being kind enough to record the live streaming? :D <3

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: April 12, 2018, 06:10:59 AM
Argh! I’ll miss this :( can anyone imagine being kind enough to record the live streaming? :D <3

I'll be recording.  I'm not sure where to upload it, though.  I recorded Queen at Rock In Rio and the advertisers were all over me on quite a few videos and youtube pulled them down.   Not sure who is responsible for the adverts at Coachella or who is paying for what but i'll have it.  Perhaps making it private will work?  I've never done that before then given the link to specific people but I can try.

Teemeah

Reply #63 on: April 12, 2018, 08:39:54 AM
youtube has mechanisms to detect, so whether it is private or not, they will catch it if they want to. Maybe you can try to upload to Mega or another such storage site? That's how I could share the acoustic back then, as well.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: April 12, 2018, 09:06:11 AM
youtube has mechanisms to detect, so whether it is private or not, they will catch it if they want to. Maybe you can try to upload to Mega or another such storage site? That's how I could share the acoustic back then, as well.

Well yea, if people want to download it rather than just watch it.  It depends on who broadcasts it or that's the way it was for Rock In Rio because the TV station that broadcast it was the entity that went after my Queen videos when they played, there.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: April 12, 2018, 12:02:39 PM

Thank you so much, lakeisle, for posting this about Sugizo!!  I am soooooo glad he is going to be able to play.  it is going to be a real treat for me to get to see him live, even though it's via the internet.  I can't wait!

Sugizo slayed yesterday. All the fans who watched the concert are praising him now. I hope yesterday's concert be released on DVD. Considering zepp is a kind of rehearsal for Coacella, the upcoming performance will be great, I hope so.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: April 12, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
Here are the various stages and their layout for the festival.  I haven't been able to find out what the distance between stages is, yet, however.

Thank you for posting the map. Seeing these photos of MOJAVE, the place doesn't look so big.

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: April 12, 2018, 01:10:13 PM
Okay, I have to admit the hologram wasn't THAT bad. Perhaps it could be better if they use something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx6g-VSJnM8 this time.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: April 12, 2018, 05:59:55 PM

Thank you for posting the map. Seeing these photos of MOJAVE, the place doesn't look so big.

I went to Coachella a few years ago and this stage/tent actually is a good size (edit: close to the floor seating of the Paramount Theater in Seattle, where X performed at during the American tour). Beirut played there before. Back then he had a huge cult following so I would say the Mojave stage is perfect for cult groups. They might not necessarily be Beyonce level but they're famous enough to have a significant following around the world and the capacity allowance reflects that.

I do know that X is a lot more famous and successful than a chunk of bands playing at Coachella lol. They also apparently have a good agent for this event because they got a night time slot (Murder City Devil's played during the day. That kind of aggression and loudness just feels better at night than in the middle of a sunbleached afternoon, especially with stage lights and pyro lol). They're also performing at the same time as the headliner so the grounds will be at peak capacity. I'm sure there will be plenty of drunk hipsters who hate Beyonce lol.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:26:21 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: April 13, 2018, 02:42:59 AM
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/x-japans-2018-coachella-performance-to-feature-holograms/
Yeah, Taiji and hide holograms confirmed. Fortus, Wes and Miya also there.

I watched the Zepp concert broadcast on WOWOW and is quite interesting how this time the guest guitarist were more "integrated", and were actually playing the songs. Each one played one song, and even played its solos. I remember reading somewhere that this was the original idea behind the 2008 concerts, but so many things happened and they didn't have enough time to rehearse.

Looking forward to Coachella concert, curious on how the holograms will be used.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: April 13, 2018, 11:44:29 AM

I went to Coachella a few years ago and this stage/tent actually is a good size (edit: close to the floor seating of the Paramount Theater in Seattle, where X performed at during the American tour). Beirut played there before. Back then he had a huge cult following so I would say the Mojave stage is perfect for cult groups. They might not necessarily be Beyonce level but they're famous enough to have a significant following around the world and the capacity allowance reflects that.

Thank you for sharing your experience, returner. Yeah~ In a few days, the place will be full of heat.

X!

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: April 14, 2018, 05:51:47 AM
Alright, this is damned confusing.  Please don't make fun.  lol

Over here in the USA, if it's any time after midnight or 12:05am, that's the NEXT day.  That would make the concert at 12:05am, Saturday morning which for me on Central time, would be 2:05am Saturday morning.  In just a few hours.  But according to this schedule, it looks like it would really be SUNDAY as far as the USA goes, but of course, California, being California, who knows what they are doing.  Since all these other bands are scheduled to play first, this looks like it won't be for another 26 hours or thereabouts. 

HELP!!! lol

Saturday, April 14th:
03:35 – Marian Hill (1)
03:35 – Declan McKenna (2)
03:35 – WizKid (3)
03:35 – WizKid (VR)
04:15 – Nile Rodgers and Chic (1)
04:15 – Chloe x Halle (2)
04:20 – Ekali (3)
04:20 – Ekali (VR)
04:45 – Django Django (2)
05:10 – Nile Rodgers and Chic (VR)
05:15 – Flatbush Zombies (3)
05:20 – First Aid Kit (1)
05:30 – Angel Olsen (2)
06:05 – Party Favor (3)
06:05 – Party Favor (VR)
06:10 – BØRNS (1)
06:15 – BROCKHAMPTON (2)
07:00 – Snakehips (3)
07:05 – Chromeo (1)
07:05 – Chromeo (VR)
07:10 – MØ
08:00 – Tash Sultana (2)
08:00 – Alina Baraz (3)
08:05 – Tyler the Creator (1)
08:45 – Louis the Child (3)
08:50 – Benjamin Booker (2)
09:15 – HAIM (1)
09:35 – Alvvays (2)
09:40 – Blackbear (3)
10:10 – Post Malone (1)
10:10 – Post Malone (VR)
10:20 – David Byrne (2)
10:25 – Jungle (3)
11:10 – Beyoncé (1)
11:10 – Fleet Foxes (2)
11:20 – Highly Suspect (3)
12:05 – alt-J (2)
12:05 – X Japan (3)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: April 14, 2018, 05:57:12 AM
Yea, looked up David Byrne's schedule as he plays a few hours before X does and it says Chanel 2, Saturday, 10:20 – David Byrne so that's tomorrow night, BEFORE X plays.  I wish they would not screw around like this out there.  Not Yoshiki or X but Coachella.  Damn, gimme a heart attack.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: April 14, 2018, 07:40:08 AM
This seems to be X Japan's lineup

https://www.coachella.com/lineup/#/artist/x-japan

IF - a big IF  ;D - I understand it right, they are playing today 11.10 PM (= 23.10) which in Europe should be tomorrow morning at 08.10 A.M.

The confusion between p.m. and a.m. (not clearly specified till the end) has driven me mad  :o

Your scars are beautiful

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: April 14, 2018, 07:49:24 AM
Alright, this is damned confusing.  Please don't make fun.  lol

Over here in the USA, if it's any time after midnight or 12:05am, that's the NEXT day.  That would make the concert at 12:05am, Saturday morning which for me on Central time, would be 2:05am Saturday morning.  In just a few hours.  But according to this schedule, it looks like it would really be SUNDAY as far as the USA goes, but of course, California, being California, who knows what they are doing.  Since all these other bands are scheduled to play first, this looks like it won't be for another 26 hours or thereabouts. 

HELP!!! lol

Thank You LEMONedMe and- yes, it'all awfully confusing  :P

Your scars are beautiful

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: April 14, 2018, 08:12:00 AM
This seems to be X Japan's lineup

https://www.coachella.com/lineup/#/artist/x-japan

IF - a big IF  ;D - I understand it right, they are playing today 11.10 PM (= 23.10) which in Europe should be tomorrow morning at 08.10 A.M.

The confusion between p.m. and a.m. (not clearly specified till the end) has driven me mad  :o

Hi helenmoon,
Yea, it is very confusing but by going through all of the schedules of the other bands and looking at who is actually playing right now and being broadcast, it's as I suspected.  It's for me, Sunday morning at 1:10am or 1 hour after midnight.  Not right now as far as I know because I've checked all 4 streams and they're not playing and they would be if it was today - last night, California time. These time zones are really confusing as I deal a lot with Mountain Time and Eastern Time.  But this is Pacific Time for the concert,  then I have to convert it.   I hope that helps you, too.  Probably made things worse. :(

Teemeah

Reply #76 on: April 14, 2018, 12:54:22 PM
yeah it is 23:10 or 11:10 pm, Sugizo just posted on Instagram that it is 23:10. I hate when Americans do this with am and pm. :D And also, they are headlining the stage, so makes sense they would be last to perform on it.

It will be on Channel 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyh9blvR54Q
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:48:37 PM by Teemeah »

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #77 on: April 14, 2018, 07:03:03 PM
The X Japan part of the stream will be on this part of channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyh9blvR54Q

(I'm still super salty that I couldn't go. I heard that one of my favorite artists was totally killing it on Friday! Everybody better bring their A game today, that's all I'm saying.)

EDIT: Yoshiki confirmed on Instagram that they'll be playing at 11:10 PM (Good. I just saw SUGIZO post earlier in the hour that he just touched down in Cali & is now heading to desert territory.)

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhjKzRbgCnt
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:16:09 PM by Kurenai_Akari »

Teemeah

Reply #78 on: April 14, 2018, 07:21:34 PM
Sugizo posted a heartfelt ENGLISH language message on his Facebook. i'm so happy he is also communicating in English with the fans, unlike Toshi who cannot be bothered, even though his English is better than Sugizo's...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sugizo/im-in-la/1661266697276298/

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #79 on: April 14, 2018, 07:41:25 PM
The X Japan part of the stream will be on this part of channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyh9blvR54Q

(I'm still super salty that I couldn't go. I heard that one of my favorite artists was totally killing it on Friday! Everybody better bring their A game today, that's all I'm saying.)

EDIT: Yoshiki confirmed on Instagram that they'll be playing at 11:10 PM (Good. I just saw SUGIZO post earlier in the hour that he just touched down in Cali & is now heading to desert territory.)

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhjKzRbgCnt

atm its 20:39 aka 8:39pm in my timezone. so in PDT it's 11:39am... damn, they are playing tomorrow morning.

(btw. who is this girl in her bra on the stage? besides she is half naked her music is really good)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:27:07 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #80 on: April 14, 2018, 10:22:22 PM
(btw. who is this girl in her bra on the stage? besides he is half naked her music is really good)

Lol the girl in all white (in the bra) is elohim & she is so legit. Her 2nd album is being released next week too (I'm actually gonna go see her that Friday for her concert in L.A.). Give her a listen when you get a chance

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: April 15, 2018, 12:03:01 AM
So, who else is super hyped about this?  8)
Shall we discuss the thing in real time here like back in the good ol' days or shall we create a Discord group?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #82 on: April 15, 2018, 12:43:43 AM
I'm cool with a discord group. Anyone else?

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: April 15, 2018, 01:31:33 AM
Hey guys, had probably half a years mini break from the forum, just decided to come back on and coincidently landed right on a live show day, so easily could've missed that. Excited to see the Coachella live show (that's 6 1/2 hours from now I believe), from what I've seen of the other acts so far (only a couple) I'm very curious as to how X is going to go down with their 80's metal and very sad ballads amongst a modern crowd of dubstep fans. Right now I'm going to watch the Zepp gig show, wonder how X's songs sound tuned a step down.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: April 15, 2018, 01:41:41 AM
I'm cool with a discord group. Anyone else?

I think having an instant chat would be easier and probably more fun too.

Also, welcome back Ulquiorra4th! Talk about good timing for you to come back.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:44:23 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: April 15, 2018, 02:14:13 AM
Great to to speak to you again too. Yep, was both relieved and panicked, just barely making this and almost missing it. Just got to the end of Rusty Nail on the Zepp gig video from a couple days ago, and I thought Sugizo's guitar died on him during the last chorus, but I think it's actually the sound mixing, Heath's bass is louder than usual, and I'm hearing bass notes I usually don't and I can barely hear the guitar, I thought Sugizo hit a bum note and the guitar just shut down on him or something lmao.

Also from Zepp gig, "alright you motherf***ers WE ARE X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-lalalalalalala I'm walking in the rain"

What the hell lol.

Sorry to talk about an unrelated gig in this thread, but idk gotta talk about something while waiting for this live. I like the new down tuned sound, I think there's a couple of notes in Kurenai where Sugizo and Pata could play it with a bit more exitement (Toshi as well) even if it is down tuned, but for some reason the new tone has given the songs their unique sound back a little more, in some ways it feels more like the albums/ hide's live sound to me, don't know if I'm crazy or just haven't watched a vid of Sugizo playing them in the original tuning in a while, but I always felt even though he mostly replicated hide's sound correctly during the songs, the way they sound now (if they keep it that way) feels a little closer imo, even if it's a step down.

Toshi was awesome, he was acting really hype, even more than usual frontman wise, great mix between raspy and clean vocals, he was mostly very clever on when he held back and sang in a different style for some of the high notes, he lost it pretty badly on X though, he could've controlled himself there, bah! Last chorus was great though.

Anyway can't wait for this show, it's four hours away now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:28:57 AM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: April 15, 2018, 02:28:57 AM
Great to to speak to you again too. Yep, it felt both relief and panic, just barely making this and almost missing it. Just got to the end of Rusty Nail on the Zepp gig video from a couple days ago, and I thought Sugizo's guitar died on him during the last chorus, but I think it's actually the sound mixing, Heath's bass is louder than usual, and I'm hearing bass notes I usually don't and I can barely hear the guitar, I thought Sugizo hit a bum note and the guitar just shut down on him or something lmao.

The sound mixing on these TV broadcasts are always awful. They get the sound directly from the soundboard, which is tuned to the acoustic of the livehouse.
When the concerts are released on DVD/Blu-Ray, they do some re-mixing, so the quality overall is better as the levels of each instrument is adjusted to the recording.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: April 15, 2018, 04:44:19 AM
Shall we discuss the thing in real time here like back in the good ol' days or shall we create a Discord group?

I am super hyped! I can't move from the screen, though, as I will be recording full screen with my recording software.  Damn, y'all have fun.  I wish I could chat with you all but it's impossible with this program.

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: April 15, 2018, 04:48:06 AM

I am super hyped! I can't move from the screen, though, as I will be recording full screen with my recording software.  Damn, y'all have fun.  I wish I could chat with you all but it's impossible with this program.

Do you have a tablet or phone you could post here from?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:54:02 AM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: April 15, 2018, 05:19:05 AM

Do you have a tablet or phone you could post here from?

I could probably use my phone.  I've posted some places with them before but just got this one a week ago and have not accessed the net with it so far.   I'll probably screw up royally. Hahahaha!

Oh and I will probably be shooting photos as well.  8)