• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Marvel stole the We Are X arm sign

Guest · 1788

Teemeah

on: March 12, 2018, 09:45:00 PM
I think Yoshiki should sue them hard  8)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Or maybe Black Panther is secretly an X Japan fan :DDD

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/photo-gallery/44659156/embed/44659354/Jasmine-Todd

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:16:15 PM
1974 - Marc Bolan & T. Rex - Interstellar soul, the very begin of everything

http://images.45worlds.com/f/cd/marc-bolan-and-t-rex-interstellar-soul-4-cd.jpg

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:40:42 PM
He was ALREADY X. :D

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:13:28 PM
Yeah... You know, he really started everything with '20th Century boy'...
After this David Bowie's

"'Starman' turned into the fabled Top of the Pops performance of July 6, 1972 – the moment where Bowie truly conquered Britannia. He strums a blue acoustic guitar, with tangerine hair, a rainbow catsuit and astronaut boots, casually draping an arm around Mick Ronson. In just four minutes, he went from a plodding folkie to England's most infamous rock sensation." (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/how-david-bowie-became-the-starman-20160706

It was a period when musician got inspired by stories like 'Stranger in a Strange Land' by Robert Heinlein, which talks about a martian brought to Earth (The men who felt to Earth?).
David Bowie asked Lindsay Kemp to help him to 'built' Ziggy Stardust.
In his work Lindsay got inspiration from japanese Kabuki Theatre where men played female roles...
So it seems that androginy came from Japan to 'feed' glam rock... which went back to Japan and rebirth with X Japan... and then they tried hard to throw the ball back over western walls... Nice story to tell to future children  :D ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:15:08 PM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 11:15:50 PM
Yeah it is interesting how cultures affect each other. :) But I just intended this as a light hearted laugh thread. :) I was laughing so hard in the movie theatre and mouthed we are x at the arm sign on the screen :D

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 04:34:59 PM
A friend of mine plays in a band called Turboboost, and they do the same, just with the letter T. He says they came up with it on their own. I guess the idea is not so far-fetched.

Teemeah

Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 07:33:28 PM
It sure is a coincidence, it's a simple enough arm gesture. :) Hardly trademarkable. I just tend to see X everywhere nowadays. I get so happy when I see two plane contrails cross each other in the sky. LOL.