X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

2 Years ago the new album came out! Share your favorite memories!

axlroseX · 7160

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
According to the attached video below, the new album came out 2 whole years ago! Wow, time sure is wacky!

I thought itd be nice to reflect on it here! What is your favorite song on it? Do you think the guitar work is up to par? Do you like the album cover and artwork? What do you think of that tour that followed to support the record? Do you think we will get a follow up album?

Boy oh boy, its hard to believe the announcement alone was closer to 3 years ago. It was a long wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-MFGed4uw
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:09:21 AM by axlroseX »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
inb4 officer Teemeah and the fan fic brigade.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I somehow liked the Violet UK album better.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Well that was rude, Feudal.  Why don't you just leave Teemeah alone and let her enjoy the band and this website?

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Well that was rude, Feudal.  Why don't you just leave Teemeah alone and let her enjoy the band and this website?

No, it wasn't. We know that it would happen. This thread is just sarcastic, people shouldn't take it seriously.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:45:44 PM by Joker »

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I just read the rules of this forum.

User rules:

1. Don't insult or harass other users. Don't post PMs (private messages) publicly without permission from both sides.

the moderator of this board's last active is 2014. Where should I report it?

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

No, it wasn't. We know that it would happen. This thread is just sarcastic, people shouldn't take it seriously.

Joker is making a joke! Bullying a person, and say " Don't take it seriously"

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile

Joker is making a joke! Bullying a person, and say " Don't take it seriously"

Bullying? Seriously?

OMFG, how sensitive you are.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Joking aside, its a positive we have users like Teemah here. We need positive users to balance out our negativity and vice versa

Teemeah

"Sarcastic"--- yeah. More like trying to provoke others. Well, I' sorry to disappoint you, enjoy your sarcasm alone. :) I have better things to do with my life. :)  8)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Ah, thanks for reminding me of the day the new album came out! I remember it like it was yesterday.  8)

What is your favorite song on it?
I really liked the Forever Love remastered version. A tear jerker, every damn time. Their most underrated song, seriously. I wonder why they never play it anymore.

Do you think the guitar work is up to par?
Guitar, you say? It was fantastic. I don't understand why they keep crediting some guy called Bugizo or Sujizo or whatever his name is, though. Is he part of the staff?

Do you like the album cover and artwork?
I loved it, very unexpected. I must say I could live without the booklet with all those naked pictures of Yoshiki, though.

What do you think of that tour that followed to support the record?
Awesome. I was in all of their concerts. If I recall correctly, Yoshiki dramatically collapsed halfway through half of them. The other half got cancelled, but it was still cool.

Do you think we will get a follow up album?
The obvious answer is a big YES! And probably very soon. Have you noticed how Yoshiki seems to have vanished these past few months, if not years? Not one celebrity event, not one Instagram selfie, not one We Are X premiere! He's totally locked up in his studio preparing new stuff.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
To Interpol, or the NATO....sorry for the sarcasm  :-\ Can't always help it. But seriously, this comment
is, IMO, as harmless as it is unnecessary(I don't know what inb4 means,  though).
Do you think the guitar work is up to par?
Guitar, you say? It was fantastic. I don't understand why they keep crediting some guy called Bugizo or Sujizo or whatever his name is, though. Is he part of the staff?

Do you like the album cover and artwork?
I loved it, very unexpected. I must say I could live without the booklet with all those naked pictures of Yoshiki, though.
Could've lived without the photos too, but couldn't help but being impressed by the complete absence of body hair.
The guitarist's name is actually Burrito, and he's delicious.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile

User rules:

1. Don't insult or harass other users. Don't post PMs (private messages) publicly without permission from both sides.

I'm not harassing anyone. I'm posting my opinion on the forums. Are you 12?

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile

User rules:

Posting an opinion of the forum by putting someone down is harassment. 

You know, there aren't many of us around.  Everyone really ought to try to get along instead of slam other members or make fun. 

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

User rules:

So I can call you a clown, too? :) or use other word, like, dickhead? :)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Two years ago already? Wowee! Where has the time gone?

Best song is. . . uhhh, the one that literally no one likes. (˵¯͒〰¯͒˵)

As for the tour. obligatory six shows in Japan, two or three in Europe & like, maybe five in the U.S.A.

Also: Shitposting on X-freaks? Never thought I'd see the day, haw.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
The guitarist's name is actually Burrito, and he's delicious.
Ah, sure, Burrito! He looks cool. Is he Hide's intern? If all goes well, in a few months they might let him plug his guitar, right?

Off topic: guys, guys, c'mon! This is a dying forum at the very end of the internetz. Let's chill and be nice to each other  ;)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Where is your opinion? This is a thread to discuss the new album. Then why do you refer to a specific person without giving your opinion on the subject? You mean "inb4 officer Teemeah and the fan fic brigade" is your opinion on this subject?

And what do you mean by "Are you 12?" Are you asking about my age? My answer is No. I'm not 12 years old.

Teemeah

He's jealous and bitter he can't be part of the fangirl brigade and have fun. It's really sad that he just has to stand on the side and watch people have fun. LOL.  It's like being a fan and having fun and enjoying stuff is bad if you are in X-freaks. because you are supposed to be bitter and whine a lot about the album, any concert and do the daily obligatory Yoshiki bashing. Otherwise you are a clown, and a senseless fangirl. What's wrong with people nowadays? Being a fan of a metal band doesn't mean you need to be emo, for Christ's sake. Nor does it mean you can only post mocking, sarcastic posts poking Yoshiki for his mistakes all over again, every single day. It's BORING. And that is exactly why there was no real life on this forum. Who wants to come here and read another post whining about the album and whining about Yoshiki and posting bitter slurges of yoshikithis and whynotthat and it'stooexpensive and anywayidontcare. if you don't care anyway, why do you come here and post you don't care? That just shows you do care. I don't care about Britney spear's new album. Do you see me at her fan forum whining about her new album?

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Guys, how about we do things like this: people who want to whine shall whine and complain as much as they like. People who like to praise shall praise and whine knight as often as they like. People who like both shall do both. People who have a problem with something someone else said shall respectfully state that they disagree.

If Taiji had followed this advice, he wouldn't have been fired. Don't be like Taiji. You'll end up toothless and sad.  8)

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Guys, how about we do things like this: people who want to whine shall whine and complain as much as they like. People who like to praise shall praise and whine knight as often as they like. People who like both shall do both. People who have a problem with something someone else said shall respectfully state that they disagree.

If Taiji had followed this advice, he wouldn't have been fired. Don't be like Taiji. You'll end up toothless and sad.  8)

Fully agree  :P

P.S. Burrito forever  ;D 8)

Your scars are beautiful

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I don't think I've ever agreed with a single thing I've ever seen Teemeah say since she came to the forums. I typically don't appreciate her, what appears to me, lack of empathy with the long-time fans (it's really easy to not be frustrated when you haven't been sitting through a decade of empty promises and long stretches of time with no real movement. You aren't emo if you're frustrated over a long period of time after the thing frustrating you doesn't change or improve.). It's been a literal decade and, in my personal opinion, for a rock band to not produce a promised album in that timespan...it's completely warranted to be frustrated with unrelated projects and other distractions. I think I've agreed with just about every post I've ever seen Feudal drop since I joined here 2010ish. He shares my sentiments more often than not.

That said, I think his comment about Teemeah was unnecessary, regardless of the fact that Teemeah more often than not complains about people voicing their frustration on a relevant message board for discussion. I really think we all just need to agree to disagree. The people booing are doing it because they want to cheer, after a long string of disappointments with no sign of improvement in sight. The people cheering are less focused on the disappointments and are just really enjoying discovering the band in general. We were all there at one point, which is why some of us are so disappointed now.

Just wanted to throw in my two cents. Between the lack of substantial news, and the constant tension between members, I'm constantly bummed out when I check in here. I haven't been posting as a result. I'm just happier without this stuff in my life. I'm considering leaving the forums myself. I'm not asking for anyone to beg me to stay, but just want to put that thought out there as food for thought to anyone that may be feeling the same way I am and would like to see this community the way it was just a few years back.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
It's 99% done

hi there

Teemeah

I don't think I've ever agreed with a single thing I've ever seen Teemeah say since she came to the forums. I typically don't appreciate her, what appears to me, lack of empathy with the long-time fans (it's really easy to not be frustrated when you haven't been sitting through a decade of empty promises and long stretches of time with no real movement. You aren't emo if you're frustrated over a long period of time after the thing frustrating you doesn't change or improve.). It's been a literal decade and, in my personal opinion, for a rock band to not produce a promised album in that timespan...it's completely warranted to be frustrated with unrelated projects and other distractions. I think I've agreed with just about every post I've ever seen Feudal drop since I joined here 2010ish. He shares my sentiments more often than not.

That said, I think his comment about Teemeah was unnecessary, regardless of the fact that Teemeah more often than not complains about people voicing their frustration on a relevant message board for discussion. I really think we all just need to agree to disagree. The people booing are doing it because they want to cheer, after a long string of disappointments with no sign of improvement in sight. The people cheering are less focused on the disappointments and are just really enjoying discovering the band in general. We were all there at one point, which is why some of us are so disappointed now.

Just wanted to throw in my two cents. Between the lack of substantial news, and the constant tension between members, I'm constantly bummed out when I check in here. I haven't been posting as a result. I'm just happier without this stuff in my life. I'm considering leaving the forums myself. I'm not asking for anyone to beg me to stay, but just want to put that thought out there as food for thought to anyone that may be feeling the same way I am and would like to see this community the way it was just a few years back.

It's one thing to be disappointed and another thing to spoil everyone else's fun time every single time at every single post because you are disapopointed. Whatever I post, I get the sarcastic but where is the album and why is yoshiki not doing this and he should just blow up and disband why is this band even together rants. Whereer. Post a photo of yoshiki smiling? Instant boo yoshiki is msiling, he should be working on the album. Post a news of a concert? Boo, Yoshiki is a drama queen blablabla. This is just enough already. Sympathy? Have YOU GUYS every showed any sympathy towards anyone else not agreeing with your depressed sarcastic replies to everything? I think you have gotten enough sympathy, what else do you guys want? Constant patting on the head, "oh poor old time fans, so bad for you". Get over it. You all blame yoshiki for not getting over his past, hide and stuff like that, but you are doing the exact same. That's not fandom. You are playing victim, while accusing and throwing stones at Yoshiki claiming he plays victim. None of you are any better than Yoshiki. There, my 5 cents.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

It's one thing to be disappointed and another thing to spoil everyone else's fun time every single time at every single post because you are disapopointed. Whatever I post, I get the sarcastic but where is the album and why is yoshiki not doing this and he should just blow up and disband why is this band even together rants. Whereer. Post a photo of yoshiki smiling? Instant boo yoshiki is msiling, he should be working on the album. Post a news of a concert? Boo, Yoshiki is a drama queen blablabla. This is just enough already. Sympathy? Have YOU GUYS every showed any sympathy towards anyone else not agreeing with your depressed sarcastic replies to everything? I think you have gotten enough sympathy, what else do you guys want? Constant patting on the head, "oh poor old time fans, so bad for you". Get over it. You all blame yoshiki for not getting over his past, hide and stuff like that, but you are doing the exact same. That's not fandom. You are playing victim, while accusing and throwing stones at Yoshiki claiming he plays victim. None of you are any better than Yoshiki. There, my 5 cents.

I didn't ask for sympathy. I asked for empathy. There's a difference. And you're continuously demonstrating that you have no desire to exercise empathy. No one is asking for pity.

Look. I don't have a problem with you. I have a problem with the toxic dynamic between many of us in general. I don't frequent those other topics, I visit the ones regarding news about the band. If people are attacking Yoshiki over posting a photo, then yes, that is excessive and unnecessary. Giving you a hard time for writing fan fiction is excessive and unnecessary. Starting shit where there is none is excessive and unnecessary.

Also, I've NEVER seen anyone claim that Yoshiki needs to "get over" hide's death, or his father's death. All I've seen in the threads I visit are people saying Yoshiki needs to follow up on his promises, because he has a reputation to promise the world and then not deliver. And lie about the progress of it. No one wants him to jeopardize his (or the rest of the band's) health, no one wants him to "get over" his past, no one is being unreasonable in terms of feeling that an album that is continuously promised over the course of ten years is, for lack of a better word, owed to us. It's his art, but when you make a promise, it's on you to deliver. You owe that promise. I absolutely, 100% understand how people feel every time he announces stuff that has nothing to do with the album, because it's more time spent away from the thing he's constantly lied about delivering. For ten years. This is the place for people to voice their frustrations. This has been our community to discuss the highs and lows, and for many of us, it's a time of lows. Just because you don't agree does not mean you aren't welcome. ALL OF US just need to be a little more respectful of one another's opinions in general.

Like I said, we all need to agree to disagree. If we all stopped and took five minutes to think about how the other person was feeling (like I just did with you), I think we'd have a much healthier community.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile

It's clear we disagree on a lot but please, give it a break. Show me a single time I blamed Yoshiki for his torment over hide's death or his troubled past. Show me a post where I hated on a photo of him smiling. Yes, calling you a clown was not necessary, but welcome to the internet. I was frustrated when making that post, but you're acting as though I'm going to extremes (making violent or racist/hateful comments). Go ahead and continue using the forum as you wish; I have no issues with that. I'm not spamming or sending harmful DMs to anyone.

Sure I'll make a post now and then or a snarky reply that will ruffle a few feathers but that's life. As I said earlier, we're not cut from the same cloth. StarWarsArtist and a small handful of others who I don't think visit these forums anymore are the only ones who've timelessly shared the same thoughts as me (as they mentioned above). This forum is comprised of different types of fans. I'll let off you BEFORE it becomes harassment but my god, stop making a mountain out of a molehill.   

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Before registration on this forum was possible again, I've already been reading here for months and liked the fact that criticism, sarcasm or even just expressing frustation towards X was fine here(back then, I was on Xwonderland, which was just boringly and annoyingly supportive and uncritical).
Negative remarks about other board members without context or off topic, on the other hand, are bound to lead to lengthy, mostly pointless discussions, probably on online forums in general.
And although I'm sometimes bored enough to read them, like now, I could certainly do without them, and think most people could.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Before registration on this forum was possible again, I've already been reading here for months and liked the fact that criticism, sarcasm or even just expressing frustration towards X was fine here (back then, I was on Xwonderland, which was just boringly and annoyingly supportive and uncritical).

Ehhh. . . I never really got into Xwonderland (only went there for jacking links for downloads, huehuehuehue), but from what I could tell, yeah, it looked like a huge circle jerk in a echo room. Redundant description, but whatever, you know what I mean. But point being, yeah, I do appreciate that we all can be honest with each other in one way or another. I'd rather have a civil debate here than on Twitter or wherever else the Nurses & hardcore Yoshiki stans reside.

Negative remarks about other board members without context or off topic, on the other hand, are bound to lead to lengthy, mostly pointless discussions, probably on online forums in general.
And although I'm sometimes bored enough to read them, like now, I could certainly do without them, and think most people could.

Honestly, not to sound like a huge jerk, but I enjoy reading the arguments that get thrown around here on occasion. It helps pass the time, lol.

(I'll miss ya if or when you go StarWarsArtist. Your insight & fairly objective way of looking at the current situation on X Japan has always been a good read.)

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Before registration on this forum was possible again, I've already been reading here for months and liked the fact that criticism, sarcasm or even just expressing frustration towards X was fine here (back then, I was on Xwonderland, which was just boringly and annoyingly supportive and uncritical).

Ehhh. . . I never really got into Xwonderland (only went there for jacking links for downloads, huehuehuehue), but from what I could tell, yeah, it looked like a huge circle jerk in a echo room. Redundant description, but whatever, you know what I mean. But point being, yeah, I do appreciate that we all can be honest with each other in one way or another. I'd rather have a civil debate here than on Twitter or wherever else the Nurses & hardcore Yoshiki stans reside.

Honestly, not to sound like a huge jerk, but I enjoy reading the arguments that get thrown around here on occasion. It helps pass the time, lol.

(I'll miss ya if or when you go StarWarsArtist. Your insight & fairly objective way of looking at the current situation on X Japan has always been a good read.)

Likewise, my friend! It's been a trip. :)

And my sentiments exactly. There are so many avenues where blind loyalty to Yoshiki gets the better of people and anyone with an objective complaint is essentially crucified. I liked posting here because it always felt like a place where even if we don't agree, the community has always been relatively respectful of one another's opinions. Disagreement does not warrant hostility. We're ALL passionate fans here. We ALL care about this band.

I really don't like the "If you do/don't like ____, you need to leave" mentality. That promotes blind echo chamber reasoning. As soon as you stop taking outside perspective into consideration, you stop growing in general. Of course, everyone needs to make up their own minds, but being closed-minded is a sure-fire way to make less informed decisions and opinions. Not just regarding X, but life in general. It's a shame that's where things seem to be here now. I get that each side of the matter is sick of the other's opinion, but maybe that's a sign that both sides of the argument are important enough for consideration. Just saying.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
I thought the album came out 8 years ago....  ???

positively unsure。