Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

We Are X screening at the Grammy Museum in LA

Guest · 3137

Teemeah

on: March 29, 2018, 06:52:58 PM
For those who missed it and live nearby:

Special We Are X Film screening at L.A.'s GRAMMY Museum with Yoshiki in-person discussion!

General tickets sales start today (3/29) 10:30am PT!
Don't miss your chance to see #Yoshiki in person in L.A.!
Limited seats available! https://www.grammymuseum.org/events/detail/we-are-x

APR 18 , 2018
DOORS: 7 P.M.
SHOW: 7:30PM

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 07:53:53 PM
Yep! I'm going today with a friend of mine. I'm gonna try to take pics & maybe a vid of the Q&A.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:05:01 AM
Yep! I'm going today with a friend of mine. I'm gonna try to take pics & maybe a vid of the Q&A.
Tell us everything, wait for it...

Your scars are beautiful

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:08 AM
20 dollars? That's way worth it for that low price.  I wish I could go or could have but that's 1000s of miles from here.  Bummer.

Kurenai, can't wait to find out what you were able to get and what you heard and saw. 

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:15 AM
Watch this girl's instagram story. She recorded the Q&A. It was so much fun! :D I wish I could've been there.

https://www.instagram.com/juniepatt/

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 10:45:32 AM
Ask him about the album  ;D

you know, i'm joking, don't you?

positively unsure。

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 09:50:10 PM
It was nice for the most part, I gotta say. This was my 12th time watching it altogether (4th time watching it in a public setting) & I still had that feeling of amazement like I did the first time watching it. Cried a bit as usual during the depressing segments.
After the show was awful though. My friend got pissed off because she wanted a picture with Yoshiki & blamed me for not giving her the mic during my turn in the Q&A when the MC let me have the last question & I had asked for his autograph on the back of a special picture I had of my Mom (who passed away around 10 years ago as of last month. Same circumstances as Yoshiki's Dad & I have only two pictures of her in my possession, so it was important to me). 

I got video of the Q&A, please pardon the bad quality. Idk if it was the bad lighting or my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhbJ3iLza1A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2tiXEqi6BQ

For once, the MC had really good questions for Yoshiki. I was pretty satisfied with the questions, but not with Yoshiki's answers.
In short, Yoshiki says that the album is "almost done, for reals this time" (my words, but you get what I mean). Yoshiki said & I quote that it's "99% done. The only thing left to do is the mixing." No confirmation on the release & no word of another world tour until maybe after the second Coachella show.

In short, nothing new. Did any of you guys catch the NicoNico broadcast?

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 10:36:59 PM
thank you so much!!!! you're awesome!

(but you've hold your phone the wrong way ^^"

positively unsure。

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 10:38:36 PM
thank you so much!!!! you're awesome!

(but you've hold your phone the wrong way ^^"

Aw geez. (/ w \) It's nothing really.

Teemeah

Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 08:06:10 AM
It was nice for the most part, I gotta say. This was my 12th time watching it altogether (4th time watching it in a public setting) & I still had that feeling of amazement like I did the first time watching it. Cried a bit as usual during the depressing segments.
After the show was awful though. My friend got pissed off because she wanted a picture with Yoshiki & blamed me for not giving her the mic during my turn in the Q&A when the MC let me have the last question & I had asked for his autograph on the back of a special picture I had of my Mom (who passed away around 10 years ago as of last month. Same circumstances as Yoshiki's Dad & I have only two pictures of her in my possession, so it was important to me). 

I got video of the Q&A, please pardon the bad quality. Idk if it was the bad lighting or my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhbJ3iLza1A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2tiXEqi6BQ

For once, the MC had really good questions for Yoshiki. I was pretty satisfied with the questions, but not with Yoshiki's answers.
In short, Yoshiki says that the album is "almost done, for reals this time" (my words, but you get what I mean). Yoshiki said & I quote that it's "99% done. The only thing left to do is the mixing." No confirmation on the release & no word of another world tour until maybe after the second Coachella show.

In short, nothing new. Did any of you guys catch the NicoNico broadcast?

Thank you! I think whatever smart questions people ask him he will find a way to evade them or to repeat his usual story. Same happened with my interview. You can't really trick him, and I decidedly avoided to ask anything related to his dad or hide, and we still ended up talking about them, he twists every question around to suit his usual answers. You won't pull out anything from him.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 08:51:39 AM
Thank you! I think whatever smart questions people ask him he will find a way to evade them or to repeat his usual story. Same happened with my interview. You can't really trick him, and I decidedly avoided to ask anything related to his dad or hide, and we still ended up talking about them, he twists every question around to suit his usual answers. You won't pull out anything from him.

He's probably been training with high-profile US marines and ex-Soviet spies. On how to repeat the same answer with a straight face, even under torture.  8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 09:00:37 AM
Yeah.. kind of like "Do you like the color red...?"

"Well, when my father died, I was really depressed and red is the color of blood so...."

"Is pizza or spaghetti better?" -- "well, you know hide loved pizza, his death was really devastating to me so i don't eat pizza anymore, you know. Yeah."

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 10:00:27 AM
Yeah.. kind of like "Do you like the color red...?"

"Well, when my father died, I was really depressed and red is the color of blood so...."

"Is pizza or spaghetti better?" -- "well, you know hide loved pizza, his death was really devastating to me so i don't eat pizza anymore, you know. Yeah."
Hahaha. XD :DDDD

That's exactly what I read in every one of his interviews. He is really good at bringing up his father, hide and lately taiji. It's annoying me. Really. ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...