• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki and Toshi talk

sasasama · 3471

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: March 04, 2018, 10:47:53 PM
So, I did something, because what else should I do on a Sunday night? :D This video is on yt since forever (okay, not so long), and it's hilarious, so I decided to make subs for it. It's only the first half, but don't worry I will try to make the second part as soon as possibble. Sometimes I didn't understand Yoshiki's japanese. He's really hard to understand :"). Anyway, turn on the cc, and enjoy!  :-*

Teemeah

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 06:20:12 AM
That's awesome, thank you. :) Maybe lakeisle can help with the sentences you didn't understand?

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 07:43:54 AM
That's awesome, thank you. :) Maybe lakeisle can help with the sentences you didn't understand?

Well, if she's willing to help me, I'm more than happy. It's up to her. :) Btw you reminded me, but after we got these amazing translations here, I'm thinking about creating a new platform just for these, and everyone could share what they got. I think that would be more effective than always opening a new thread here. A blog or a fb page whatever. It's just an idea.

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:17:02 AM
They seem either drunk or really sleep deprived xD Knowing them it's probably both :')

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 12:58:44 PM
Hahah, thank you sasasama! This was fun to watch.  ;D
What's their mental age, though? Somewhere betweebn 4 and 5?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 01:30:20 PM
I FINISHED PART 2!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 03:06:51 PM
Sasasama-san, you're awesome!

So I guess we all just found out why Yoshiki fired Taiji: he didn't put the cap back on the toothpaste.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 03:14:00 PM
Hahah, thank you sasasama! This was fun to watch.  ;D
What's their mental age, though? Somewhere betweebn 4 and 5?

I'm going to say Yoshiki is around 8 but Toshi is more childish and annoying so maybe 5.

Thank you very much sasasama! This is awesome, I love watching Toshiki talk, they always seem to be having so much fun lol

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
Sasasama-san, you're awesome!

So I guess we all just found out why Yoshiki fired Taiji: he didn't put the cap back on the toothpaste.

OMFG, you made my day with this comment. I'm laughing so hard.  ;D ;D ;D You're very welcome, thank you for watching!  :-*

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 07:28:21 PM
ahahah  ;D ;D "Yoshiki' visit"!!! Poor Toshi  ;D ;D ;D ;D

thank you so much sasasama  :D

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 10:32:13 PM
I laughed my arse off, thank you so much for this translation :D They are so funny! I wish they would be so bubbly overseas, too. They are always so serious, it's only in these tv shows and onine channels that they get so cute and adorable :)

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 02:06:51 PM
I laughed my arse off, thank you so much for this translation :D They are so funny! I wish they would be so bubbly overseas, too. They are always so serious, it's only in these tv shows and onine channels that they get so cute and adorable :)

Right? I think so too, they're much more relaxed in Japan.  :o

Teemeah

Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 03:21:54 PM
I start to think that Yoshiki maybe has this 'image' for the band abroad in mind, the tormented metal band with a dark history. as I see these interactions on Japanese tv, he hardly ever mentions hide, or Toshi's brainwashing or even his father's death. It seems to be a recurring theme overseas, though. Hmm...  ???

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 03:56:07 PM
I start to think that Yoshiki maybe has this 'image' for the band abroad in mind, the tormented metal band with a dark history. as I see these interactions on Japanese tv, he hardly ever mentions hide, or Toshi's brainwashing or even his father's death. It seems to be a recurring theme overseas, though. Hmm...  ???

He mebtiones hide a lot, but in a very positive, nostalgic way. He talks a lot about what they did together, and laughes while telling those stories. I think you are right, in overseas when it comes to hide,  it's always a sad topic, and he ends up crying. He did that in Berlin too. He said, he wants to spread his legacy, and his voice cracked, etc. Hmm.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 01:47:24 AM
A dramatic band history like X's helps generating interest, but to showcase it so much makes them more of a nostalgia act. I also don't buy Yoshiki's emotionality anymore, many times is just doesn't seem sincere to me (where Toshi's crying on stage f.e. seems totally sincere to me), thus making me feel it exploits the band's tragedies.
And even as a nostalgia act, you still gotta create exciting music. Cause music is still the core product you sell, after all.