• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshl "All night Nippon premium" translations

sasasama · 14217

Teemeah

Reply #60 on: February 07, 2018, 09:26:17 AM
ToshL with an L  :P hehe. This is awesome. I'm so happy that we get these translations ^^ seriously, Japanese fans are so lucky  :'(

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: February 07, 2018, 10:23:36 AM
Toshi with an L sounds like brand of throat pills. Hi chemist, can I have some 100mg Toshil tablets?

On-topic: lakeisle and sasasama, thank you so much for this, you guys deserve a lot of X hugs.
Also, what on earth is an X jump? Is it a regular jump or some sort of weird jump?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: February 07, 2018, 10:40:45 AM
NEW EPISODE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I'm not sure, but I think in the next e-mail someone asked, if it's true, that Yoshiki did illegal things in the past, and it made Toshi really angry. Toshi said, it's true, and Yoshiki had to write letters to the sponsors that he won't do those things again, and apologized.

Next e-mail was about the X jump, but I didn't understand that either. Toshi said something, that doing the X jump was forbidden at that time, for some reason.

1. An anecdote when they were amateurs.

It was forbidden to dive into the audience, but Yoshiki used to do it. Sometimes Toshl also dived.

One day Yoshiki dived into the audience as always. (Toshl doesn't remember exactly whether he also dived or not) And they were severely scolded (by the livehouse owner?). Because it was dangerous. Yoshiki wrote a letter to him. Since then, X and the owner(?) have had a good relationship until X became professional musicians.

Toshl says they were so young, and they felt more desire for the forbidden things.

2. e-mail : "In the 90's, when each company interviewed new employees, there were too many applicants who wrote "X Jump" in the section of resumes where they should have written about their specialty. So X received claims for damages from the companies"

Toshl says it's false. But when 50 thousand people jump all at once, it was shaken and damaged the neighborhood around Tokyo Dome. So they were asked not to instigate X Jump all the time. So, at the Last Live Concert, Toshl never asked the audience to jump. The audience did it themselves. (But HIDE instigated X jump)

Thank you for the translation. It's my first time listening to Toshl's "Love Song". It's awesome.

Lakeisle thank you so much for helping me out with the missing parts! You're soo good, I was unable to understand those parts, only bits of it. But these things are really interesting! Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:45:39 AM by sasasama »

Teemeah

Reply #63 on: February 07, 2018, 10:42:01 AM
Toshi with an L sounds like brand of throat pills. Hi chemist, can I have some 100mg Toshil tablets?

On-topic: lakeisle and sasasama, thank you so much for this, you guys deserve a lot of X hugs.
Also, what on earth is an X jump? Is it a regular jump or some sort of weird jump?

Hahaha, you haven't seen the X jump at concerts? When people raise their arms in an X cross shape and jump together during X? (and other times, too).

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: February 07, 2018, 12:39:41 PM
Ahhhh yeah sure! I was thinking it could be the cool jump they do in the Celebration PV, where you jump with both arms and legs spread in a full-body X shape.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: February 13, 2018, 05:46:03 PM
NEW EPISODE!!!  ;) ;) ;)

Toshi radio 2018. 02. 12.

In the beginning Toshi talks about a TV show he went recently. He went to a fortune-teller lady, called "Ginza no

haha", and she asked him to take off his sunglass in front of cameras, and everyone. And he couldn't say no. (I

watched that show, but unfortunately that part was cut out :'( )

He also mentioned, that his previous guest was Fujigaya Taisuke-san, and he said, he was instantly charmed by his

appearance. :D He's really happy they became friends, and he wants to invite him to eat lunch sometime.

He introduced Kiryuuin Shou, the vocalist of the "air" rock band, Golden Bomber. He said, they first met on Visual

Japan Summit. He thinks, they are really funny, and they are true entertainers. 20 years ago he would've tought "what

the heck is this?" But now, he really thinks, they're an amazing band, if he can call them a band. He thinks, Shou has

a good voice, and they have cool songs, he owns a few albums.

T: Before introducing Kiryuuin-kun, let's greet CUTT-kun, who came here again. Good evening! Why are you here?
C: Well, you invited me...
T: Okay, to tell the truth, after he finished recording, I grabbed his arm, and said "let's go together", and I

brought him here.

*Toshi is reading e-mails of sweets recommendations*

They received a sweet called "poroporo", and they were eating it. According to them, it was really good.

T: I cooked something recently.
C: What did you cook?
T: Muffin.
C: I wish people could see your smile right now. :D

*Toshi café premium*

T: We first met on VJS, then we did a collaboration on F&S. How did you feel about that?
S: Well... Looking back at it, I was really nervous. So nervous, that people tought "is everything okay with him?".

But then I tought, it's just natural to feel like this. Everyone feels the same, so I took strenght from that tought.
T: But you did very well there!
S: Thank you so much! Singing such an amazing song with an amazing person like you made me tought "Is he a ghost?"

*laughs*

Toshi started to make coffee, and asked Shou about what he eats for breakfast. He said he eats toast every morning,

and it has became a routin for him, Toshi said, he eats toast often too, and then they talked about the toppings like

ham, and butter, and things like that. :D

T: You're coffee is done! I put sugar and milk in it, as you wished.

Shou brought a sweet for Toshi, as a present, and gave it to him.

T: By the way, do you cook to yourself?
S: Aside from the morning toast, no. *laughs*

*True or false Toshi-folktales*

T: There are a lot of stories about us. Do you want to ask something?
S: For example, is it true, that once on a recording blood came out of your throat?
T: Have it happened to you?
S: To sing so much, that blood came out of my throat? No, never...
T: I was really surprised at that time...
S: So is it true?!
T: We were recording Jelaousy, and it felt like it will never end. I was singing Say Anything at that time. We were

recording day and night. I continued singing, and blood came out of my throat. And my nose too.

E-mail: Is it true, when X Japan was recording in LA, a robber came to the studio, and started shooting?

T: I'm sure it have happened to you too!
S: No, never!!!
T: Have you ever recorded abroad?
S: Not once in my life...
T: Anyway... it's maybe a no... But!  You know, we lived in the same apartment at that time in LA, and once we heard a

helicopter coming. We saw the searchlight coming through our window, it was really bright. I robber escaped. And when

they found him, we heard gunshots. Things like that happened.
S: So it wasn't in the studio, but it happened! Didn't you think, you wanna come home, to Japan?
T: I so wanted to come home...

E-mail: Is it true, when Toshi was young and had long blond hair, someone confused him with a woman, and molested him

on the train?

T: It has happened to you, right?
S: People confused me with a woman, but I've never been molested...
T: Really? Nobody has ever touched you? Well, that really happened, but I was really young. Maybe about 20 years old.

It was summer, and I had shorts on, and you know, I had thin body hair. For some reason, I also had a basket that

looked like a lunch box. So I was riding the train, when I got a reeeeally bad feeling...
S: Someone touched you...?
T: Someone touched my butt...I immediately pushed his hand away, but I couldn't look back. I was facing forward.

E-mail: Is it true, that back then when X was doing a concert in a really small livehouse, people who felt sick went

out, and in front of the livehouse they laid down next to each other, like tunas?

T: I'm sure it had happened to you!
S: It happened only once, in Hiroshima. It was a really hot day, and the air conditioner(?) was broken, so people felt

sick, and went out, but comparing them to tunas is a little rude...

Toshi told a story about an experience in Hiroshima too, in a small livehouse, when Yoshiki lighted his cymbal,

gasoline made people sick. Something like that.

*Mr. Logan corner*

E-mail: I don't have self-confidence. Neither in my relationships with friends, nor with romantic relationships. I

always bulid a wall, sometimes I feel like maybe I'm just bothering them. I find self-confident people charming, and I

want to be like that too!

S: I can understand her feelings... but self-confident people make me jelaous. Like, from where he got that self-

confidence?
T: In my honest opinion, people like that are lyring. People, who say "I'm so good", are just really good at acting, 

they're like this on the outsie, but actually they're lacking in self-confidence. Let's listen to Logan-san's advice!
Logan: HMMMMMM.....It just good as it is!
T: But I really think so! Nobody has that self-confidence, everyone is struggling with challenges in life.

Toshi sang a song for this person, and CUTT played the guitar.

The next guest will be Koda Kumi.

Teemeah

Reply #66 on: February 13, 2018, 07:21:12 PM
aww thanks again for the translations! Weirder and weirder stories come up :D Toshi being confused with a woman? OMG :D If Yoshiki or hide had such an experience but TOSHI of all people? :D He never looked feminine, even when he had long blond hair. :) Ok, maybe from the back he could have appeared like that, in shorts, but still. His shoulders were really wide back then. I just cannot imagine how anyone could mistake him for a lady :D Poor thing, getting his ass grabbed. It sounds funny but I know that train molestations in Japan are really a big problem and a lot of women are harrassed that way :( I think Toshi should have turned around and punch the pervo in the face.

And the blood thing :o OMG. He really had been overworked by Yoshiki a LOT :(

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: February 13, 2018, 07:25:22 PM
And the blood thing :o OMG. He really had been overworked by Yoshiki a LOT :(

I knew about this but it wasn't because of Yoshiki overworking him, it was because of his vocal technique back then. After that he had to be in a hospital for a while and he couldn't sing, after that he hired a vocal coach (that is still with him to this day), that's when his voice started to change, he didn't really do the raspy voice much after the Blue Blood tour and it was because his technique was damaging.

I thought the same about him being confused with a woman, so weird!

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: February 20, 2018, 05:34:58 PM
NEW EPISODE!!!!  ;) ;) ;)

Toshi radio 2018. 02. 19.

Toshi started the episode with talking about the winter oplympics, then introduced today's guest, Koda Kumi-san.

T: I went to her concert in Yokohama Arena, and I got this "superstar" vibe, I got really excited. After that, we had

a very open talk, and she's truly a good-humoured person. She even covered hide-chan's songs, and other X Japan songs,

so she has a colorful individuality, so I think, we will talk about various interesting things today. Also, next

week's guest is already decided. It will be Iwata Takanori-san, from Sandaime J Soul Brothers and Exile. His nickname

is Gun-chan. ( Japanese dancer and actor)

*Confectionery recommendations*

T: Last week was Valentine's day, and I received a tons of sweets. I ate the half of them before bed. I couldn't fall

asleep after that... But it was sooooo gooood! I thought, "Okay, I should stop halfway" before bed....

*Toshi got a cake again, and ate it in the show. He liked it very much. *

*Toshi café premium*

K: Helloooo, I'm Koda Kumi, it's been a while!
T: You are so energetic today too!

They started to talk about when and where they met, then Toshi made tea for Koda-san.

K: I used to like wagashi. (Wagashi​is a traditional Japanese confectionery which is often served with tea, especially

the types made of mochi, azuki bean paste, and fruits)
T: Maybe it's a little weak (flavoured).
K: It's okay. Toshi-san, are you a tea-expert?
T: I practiced mental training, so I learned about it.
K: My kid is 5 years old, and he'll start elementary school soon. I won't have too much time to relax, so it feels

good now.

*They're eating a cake Koda-san brought*

Koda told, that her voice is in the best condition now, and back then she did the "husky" voice, but recently she got

an advice, to sing more clearly/with a clear tone. She said, when se makes the setlist before concerts, she put one

hard song, and after that an easier song, so she can rest, but all X Japan songs's are high level. She asked Toshi, if

there are songs, he can't sing because it's too hard.

T: Yoshiki decides the setlist all the time, and there are not a single easy song. I'm fighting for my life every

time.
K: But your concerts are 2-3 hours long.
T: Yes, they are quite long. 3-4 hours long. The hardest song at the moment is Endless Rain.

Koda-san has been doing voice training since 2015. Before that, she didn't understand what's the point, but after she

met her first teacher, she understood.

K: I thought, I can stay calm, but I'm talking all the time! I'm so soorryyyyy!
T: It's okay!
K: I start to speak suuuper fast in front of people I like, because I'm so nervous!
T: Are you talking to a person, you like right now?
K: Yes, YES, YES OF COURSE!!!
T: Awwwwwwww (Toshi's voice was so sweet here)
K: But seriously, if no one tells me, I'm speaking fast, I don't even notice!
T: You're speaking fast.
K: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

In an e-mail, someone said, both Toshi and Koda-san had very extreme outfits when they debuted.

K: How was it for you, Toshi-san?
T: For me, it was hide-chan, who recognised my hair. First, I just let it grow, and bleached it, and it was hide-

chan's idea, to do the mohawk.

*Toshi folktales*

E-mail: Is that true, that back then, when Toshi did the MC at concerts, he got that "hooligan style" from Nokko-san

the member of the band Rebecca? (sorry, I've never heard about them, so I have no idea how to spell their name)

T: Hmm. Before we debuted, I didn't know, how to do things, how to act. So I put this false image on myself, this

"scary" image, but it was so far from me, it felt like, I'm lying to myself/about myself. I couldn't get used to it.

So before we debuted, our director brought me to this band's concert, and Nokko-san, and the whole band had so much

fun there! They jumped, and moved together, they didn't care about anything, it was really expressive! I thought, it's

amazing! I could feel this stupendous enegry from them. Then I thought, "that's it!". Probably our director brought me

there, because he wanted me to feel those feelings. Then, after that, we went to drink, and he asked me: "Toshi-san,

what do you want to do, and how?". I said: "Our fans are so cute, I can't help, but I feel like I want o hug them

all".

K: That is so sweeeeet!

T: Then he said: "If that's what you want to do, then do it! Why not? Hug them all!"

K: Whaaat? That's so hot!
T: After that, we had a concert at a little livehouse, and I immediately felt this feeling, I wanted to hug my fans.

Of course I didn't, but that was the point, when I let go of this "scary" image, and started to shout things like "You

are the best!", and things like that, out of love.

E-mail: Is that true, that after finishing Art of Life, you got rid of your studio?

T: Well, Yoshiki brought a studio abroud, and it became his own studio. It took us years, to finish Art of life, I

don't even remember how many years. But after finishing that, everyone gathered there, and we raze the studio, but it

was because we were so incredibly happy, that we finished recording.

The next e-mail was about a car, but I didn't really understand. Toshi said, at that time only hide, and Yoshiki owned

a driving license/or car, I'm really not sure, anyway, they went to tour with that. And at that time, internet didn't

exist, so Toshi was really surprised, that wherever they went, the livehouses were full of people.

*Mr. Logan corner*

E-mail: Nowadays, my head is full of thoughts, I have a lot of things to do, and even though I reward myself

sometimes, and have some fun, I can't stop thinking. I want Logan-san's advice on how to switch my thoughts, how to

distract myself.

K: I also have a family, and a kid, and I'm doing concerts. I'm not the type who can switch her thoughts. What about

you Toshi-san?
T: I can't do it either. But I think it's natural. You can't change this.
K: Yes, everyone is like that.
T: If she really wants to distract herself, maybe if she changes her circumstances, and go to a completely different place,
could help.
K: Or just drink tea, and relax.
T: Let's listen to Logan-san's advice!
L: HMMMMMM... It's a hard question for Mr.Logan too...go to drink....

*They bust out in laughter*

L: HMMM.... YOU DON'T HAVE TO DISTRACT YOURSELF!

*They start to laugh again*

T: But really, it's something, you can't change. You have things, you have to do.

In the end, Toshi played Crystal Memories to this person.

They talked about they should perform together, and Toshi would sing the woman's part, and Koda-san would sing the

man's part.

Teemeah

Reply #69 on: February 20, 2018, 06:12:23 PM
Thank you again :))

"Yoshiki decides the setlist all the time, and there are not a single easy song. I'm fighting for my life every time" ---oh poor baby, come here, I'll hug yo Toshi-chan!

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 20, 2018, 06:15:04 PM
Thank you! I'm going to miss Toshi Radio when it's over. I hope he does it again after the X tour (if there is one LOL)

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 20, 2018, 06:36:52 PM
Thank you! I'm going to miss Toshi Radio when it's over. I hope he does it again after the X tour (if there is one LOL)

I don't want it to be over either!!  :'( :'( :'( I was literally waiting for every Monday, just to listen to this. I've never waited for Mondays like thtis, ever.  ;D But we have a little more time left, so let's enjoy this last month. :)

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:58 PM
UPDATE!!!!!

So I listened to the "car" part again, and the question was: Is that true, when X was still indies, they had a Hiace car, to carry their equipment, and is that true that hide bought that car. Also, when they went to Hokkaido with that car, the motor stopped working, and they had to push it.

Toshi said, yes, they had a Hiace. Always one person took the responsibility of driving, and it was either hide or Yoshiki, because only they had a driving license at that time. And it wasn't only hide who bought the car, they bought it together, and drove around the country with that.  :D They bought that car for about 500, 000 yen. And yes, the motor often stopped, so they had to push it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:08:22 AM by sasasama »

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: February 28, 2018, 03:09:52 PM
Toshi radio 2018. 02. 26.

This episode's guest was Iwata Takanori (Gun-chan), form Sandaime J Soul Brothers and Exile. He's a dancer, and actor. I decided to only share the interesting parts, and not translate their conversation, because they mostly talked about coffee, tea, food, university, and Iwata-san's career. Enjoy! :D

*True or false, Toshi legends*

E-mail: Is that true, when X were still indies, you went to Osaka with a worn-out van, and the back of the van opened, and the stickers you wanted to sell in Osaka flew out, so you stopped on the highway to pick them up.

T: Yes, this is true, but please don't do such thins, it was really dangerous. It was a worn-out van indeed, and we went to tour with that country-wide. Those stickers were the first stickers we made, and we wanted to sell them in Osaka, so we stopped and collected as many as we could. We couldn't pick up all of them, and it was also the middle of the night. But the next day we sell those at a livehous in Osaka.

E-mail: Is it true, that in 1995, on Dahlia tour, at Nagoya koen's 2. day, you were supposed to be on a prank show, but Yoshiki collapsed the previous day, so you had to postpone it?

T: Yes, this is true.
G: What kind of prank show was it?
T: Maybe...You know, back in the day, there was a thing, called "star prank". I watched those shows since I was a child, but I've never thought, I would be a part of it once. Yoshiki collapsed unexpectedly from time to time... Okay, he collapsed a lot. The concert was the middle of autumn, and we couldn't attend to that prank show at all. I thought "thank god Yoshiki collapsed", because I was so afraid of being on that show.

E-mail: Is that true, that after recording, X went to the mountains by car, and they left naked Toshi behind?

T: This is true. It was right before we debuted. We decided to go camping to the mountains, and at that night, we were pretty drunk. We wanted to go out together, so we got in the car. But I was sitting ON the car, I was naked, and I fell off. The others said "bye-bye" to me, and drove off. So I ran after them, and told them to "waiiit".

*Mr. Logan corner*

E-mail: My problem is, that I'm unable to sing in front of other people. When they invite me to karaoke, I always reject them, because I think I don't have a good singing voice. What should I do to overcome this feeling?

T: If you don't like to sing, then don't sing. Try to dance instead. Or shout! You can always shout!
Mr.Logan: HMMM.... TRY TO YELL!!!

EDIT: 4 more episodes left of Toshi radio! :'( Sad story.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:14:30 PM by sasasama »

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: February 28, 2018, 08:50:10 PM
My God...!!!  :D It's great... thank you soo much for these translations...
"Yoshiki collapsed unexpectedly from time to time... Okay, he collapsed a lot."... lol  :P :-X
when I read it didn't know whether to laugh or cry... At once you think "Yoshiki, poor thing..." and then you immediately remember sometimes he's kind of a force of nature...  :-* love him and X Japan passion.
Toshi is unique... "...so we got in the car. But I was sitting ON the car, I was naked, and I fell off...."  ;D ...
I adore Toshi, always positive, despite all the problems he had... I'm afraid we can only imagine hom many pranks the band pull on him... Probably he's very playful too...

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #75 on: March 01, 2018, 07:26:01 AM
That's insane, I never thought Toshi would be such a bad bad boy in his youth :D He indeed must be a playful guy. Thank you for the translations, this show sheds a very different light on Toshi, it's very interesting to see his other sides!

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: March 01, 2018, 07:40:37 AM
Thank you from me, too.  That was fun to read and shocking.  lol.  Poor Toshi, naked and falling off the car and they left him?? I wonder where his clothes were and what happened after they left? lol! I hope he didn't have to walk back into town with tree branches or leaves to cover himself.  Hahaha.

These guys had a lot of fun, though.  A lot of memories for them to cherish, even if it was dangerous or silly or whatever.  Those are things they will never forget. 

I am glad there are still more of these to translate and hope someday, soon, there will be even more.   

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: March 01, 2018, 08:20:43 AM
Thank you from me, too.  That was fun to read and shocking.  lol.  Poor Toshi, naked and falling off the car and they left him?? I wonder where his clothes were and what happened after they left? lol! I hope he didn't have to walk back into town with tree branches or leaves to cover himself.  Hahaha.

These guys had a lot of fun, though.  A lot of memories for them to cherish, even if it was dangerous or silly or whatever.  Those are things they will never forget. 

I am glad there are still more of these to translate and hope someday, soon, there will be even more.

HAHAHA, You made me laugh with that picture, Toshi trying to walk back to their house with leaves all over his body.  ;D Exactly my thoughts. These things might be dangerous and crazy, but I'm kinda envy them that they can look back to these amazing memories. I know, I'm weird, haha. Also, hide told in an interview, if Toshi drank too much, he started to undress, so he was very careful with alcohol. :D Also because of his voice of course, but once in a while he joined the guys too. ;)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: March 01, 2018, 08:57:37 AM

HAHAHA, You made me laugh with that picture, Toshi trying to walk back to their house with leaves all over his body.  ;D Exactly my thoughts. These things might be dangerous and crazy, but I'm kinda envy them that they can look back to these amazing memories. I know, I'm weird, haha. Also, hide told in an interview, if Toshi drank too much, he started to undress, so he was very careful with alcohol. :D Also because of his voice of course, but once in a while he joined the guys too. ;)

Hahahaha, I can see what I am thinking in my mind but I can't find anything like it on youtube right now.  LOL.  I have known some guys to do weird things while they were drunk like unzip their pants, etc, but not strip down nude. Hahahaha!  ;D

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: March 01, 2018, 11:42:53 AM
Hahah this was my LMAO of the day ;D I've done a lot of strange things while drunk (including telling my very anal retentive boss she should definitely check out X Japan when I was 20). But getting naked when drunk, that's a first.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: March 01, 2018, 09:40:48 PM
ahaha... I myself drank a little and did something I prefer not to disclose... but with my clothes ON  ;D

Your scars are beautiful

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: March 13, 2018, 06:36:43 PM
Okay guys, I made a fb page with the name "X Japan Translations", because I think, it's more effective, and better to have everything at one place, so it's gonna be the last update from me on this thread, and from now on, I'll upload everything there. :)

2018. 03. 12.

Toshi radio

Guest: Yamazaki Ikusaburo, singer/actor

Here are some interesting part of the radio:

T: I really love musicals. To be honest, one of my dreams was to produce a musical. When I was 20, I went to New York
on my own, to see "Cats". I was really touched, and I still have this dream. My favourite one is Beauty and the Beast.
I was 23 when I first moved to LA, you know, I lived there, and to improve my English, I watched musicals. The first
one was Beauty and the Beast. I've seen it countless times. I really like Belle, and I prefer "Belle-type" women.

*True or false, Toshi legends*

T: Have you heard gossips about us?
Y: Yes, I've heard one. Is it true, when once you stayed at a hotel abroad, Yoshiki wasn't satisfied with his room, so
he left in the middle of the night. You joined him, and told him "I don't like it either", and you left together.

T: Well, this is true. I guess it was maybe in Hong Kong, and our room was really musty. I thought, if Yoshiki left,
I'm gonna go too. In the middle of the night, while the others were sleeping. But I'm not selfish!

E-mail: Is it true, before X debuted, Yoshiki and Toshi went to a music contest in Chiba, and that's where they met

Pata, who spit blood on stage to make a bigger impact on the audience?

T: This is true. But of course, it was fake blood. You know, I really admired Gene Simmons from Kiss, and he did this
kind of performance, and I thought it was cool. I myself couldn't do it, because I'm the singer, but our guitarist did
it.

Y: The constrast is a bit big between the man, who loves Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and admires people who spit
blood.

T: Of course, if Belle would've been there, we wouldn't have done that! She would've hated me!

E-mail: Is it true, after a tour when you stayed in a hotel, Yoshiki was drunk, and he said "This room is too small",
and threw the TV and the refrigerator out of the window in the company of Hide, to make the room bigger?

T: It's true, but it wasn't because the room was too small. You know, we admired those legendary rock bands such as
Led Zeppelin, and Deep Purple, and just like you, we've heard these kind of stories about them, so when we were drunk,
we thought "Why not?", and everyone was in it. And our room wasn't even that high. It was also a small window.

Y: How could you threw out a fridge of a small window?

T: It was a small fridge.

E-mail: Is it true, when X was a broken band, and they haven't had enough money to pay for a hotel, they stayed at one
of Thosi's relatives place.

T: It's true! My grandfather lived in Osaka, and when we went to our first tour, we couldn't afford a hotel. So
everyone stayed at his place. We ate tamago kake every single night. (Tamago kake is raw egg mixed with white rice)

Y: Did you throw out the fridge of there too?

T: Of course not! I wouldn't have let them do that!

The "Mr. Logan" part was cut out, because he invited two guest musicians from the jazz band "Tri4h", and they played a
song together. Also Toshi announced, that he will perform with this band at May 6.

Teemeah

Reply #82 on: March 13, 2018, 07:39:51 PM
Belle type of women? holy smokes. I see now how he got hooked on his wife... Met her in a musical... Oh Toshi,  I hope you learnt from that though :)

These wild stories are so interesting. They were really bad bad guys :D and now they are all calm grandpas LOL.