• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshl "All night Nippon premium" translations

sasasama · 14214

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 12:23:54 PM

In regards to hide, could it be the 4 idioms? Something like this?

Hide didn't quote 4 character idiom at the show you requested translation. But I think his speech is abstract and literary sometimes. It is matter of course given that Hide is a poet.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 12:51:52 PM

Hmmmm... Could it be this?  I deal in vintage jewelry that was made using Noh masks.  This is one of them although this is not the one in the jewelry I sell and specialize in.    There are many, many masks, each has a name.  I recognize that name from the word you are using or saying Pata sounded like he was saying.  I wonder if this is what he was singing about?   Read about Hannya.

It has nothing to do with to do with the mask. As Teemeah says, Pata is just humming. Same as LaLaLa.

Maybe I am listening to another video? What I hear is Hannya or a very, very similar word or name, practically being shouted, over and over at least 5 times.  It's definitely not humming.  As he is doing it, someone else is laughing and I think Pata laughs too.  Could you please post the link to the video, again, and say this is the video and then give the time on it to listen to. 

Sorry for making you take up your time.   :)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 03:24:56 PM

Hmmmm... Could it be this?  I deal in vintage jewelry that was made using Noh masks.  This is one of them although this is not the one in the jewelry I sell and specialize in.    There are many, many masks, each has a name.  I recognize that name from the word you are using or saying Pata sounded like he was saying.  I wonder if this is what he was singing about?   Read about Hannya.

It has nothing to do with to do with the mask. As Teemeah says, Pata is just humming. Same as LaLaLa.

Maybe I am listening to another video? What I hear is Hannya or a very, very similar word or name, practically being shouted, over and over at least 5 times.  It's definitely not humming.  As he is doing it, someone else is laughing and I think Pata laughs too.  Could you please post the link to the video, again, and say this is the video and then give the time on it to listen to. 

Sorry for making you take up your time.   :)

No, I think you were listening to the right thing, but as Teemeah and lakeisle said, Pata was just mimicing the sound of the song, "Break the darkness". Take this, as a funny "lalala" :D And Toshi was laughing in the background.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 03:16:00 AM
lol reading these translations were making me crack up so hard. I'd love to read more whenever you release them OP.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 11:06:53 AM
lol reading these translations were making me crack up so hard. I'd love to read more whenever you release them OP.

Toshi radio todayyyy!!!! Usually they upload it on Tuesdays on youtube, and it takes me 1 or max 2 days to translate, depends on my schedule.  ;D I can't wait!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 04:04:06 PM
Toshi radio todayyyy!!!! Usually they upload it on Tuesdays on youtube, and it takes me 1 or max 2 days to translate, depends on my schedule.  ;D I can't wait!

Sweet! I'm already looking forward to it sasasama~ By all means, please take your time.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 02:49:38 PM
Soooo, it was a pretty hard one, since these two guys talk really fast, talk at the same time, yell a lot, and laugh constantly, so I had a little trouble understanding it, BUT! I managed to do a lot. So here you go, grab a cup of tea or coffee, and enjoy!  ;)

Toshi radio 2018. 01. 22.

So in this episode Toshi talk about his previous guests, and read some e-mails.

His guest today is Yuzu, a folk-rock duo, he met them at Kohaku, and asked them if they wanted to be his guests, and they accepted the invitation.

In the previous episode, Toshi and Sugizo talked about a certain hairspray, which they did their huge hair back then with. He said, it was really expensive at that

time, but after they talked about it with Sugi, he wanted to buy it from Amazon, by all means. He said, the staff brought it for him, and now it's in his hands.

T: Let's check out how it smells like! *starts to spray all over the place*

*he starts to laugh*

T: It's incredibly sticky! So sooo sticky! But thanks to this spray, we were able to fix our hair, and it doesn't matter how wild we were on stage, our hair stayed the

same! Should I use it again? I'm not sure, if it would be good for my hair now...

*Toshi café premium starts, the members of Yuzu appears: Kitagawa Yujin, and Iwasawa Koji*

Y: I was so happy, when you showed us that hairspray! Let me ask you something. I heard, when you didn't have money for this expensive spray, you guys used sugary

water to do your hair. Is that true?

T: Yes, we used sugary water, and cola.

*Toshi goes to make tea for the guys, and tells them to talk*

He offered Fubuki manjuu(wheat cake) to eat too.

They started to talk about Vanishing Vision, and Yuji said:

Y: At that time I was still a child, so I tough if my mother will see this, she will be really angry, so I hide it in my room.

They received an e-mail from someone, who said he did the X jump on a Yuzu concert first.

T: What does this mean?
Y: Well, it's a story from 2001.
T: What happened?

Y: So in 2001, we performed in Tokyo Dome. At that time, during the MC we talked a lot, and I told the audience, when I was a junior-high student, I came to an X

concert to Tokyo Dome, and did the X jump. When we started to play our song, the audience started to do the X jump. And also, I wanted to do the "we are X" scream too,

but we changed it to "we are Yuzu". I'm so sorry for copying it!

*Yuji told a story about 1999 X Japan concert in Yokohama arena, but I didn't really understand*

Next corner: gossips, lies, folk-tales

T: I know you are friends since elementary-school, kind of similar like me and Yoshiki. How was elementary school?
K: Well, our elementary school was very small, so we were in the same class too.
Y: At first, we didn't play guitar. I started to play drums because of X Japan, and Iwasawa was the singer.
T: Really? Iwasawa was the singer?
K: Well, at that time, the only thing I could do is sing.
T: You started quite similar like us. And then? How was it after that?
Y: We graduated, and started Yuzu.

T: And when you play the drums, what kind of songs did you play? Like Kurenai, Blue Blood, Silent Jelaousy? (he asked these just to tease him, hahaha)
Y: Well, at that time I was always practicing alone, and I was really lonley, and kicked the double bass like "dadadada", and from the neighbouring classroom, they

yelled at me to "shut up".

Back to Toshi folk-tales.

Y: I heard that among X Japan members, Pata drinks the most. Is it true?
T: How do you guys feel about alcohol?
K: I love it.
T: Really? Both of you?
Y: I drink occasionally. I don't drink too much. What about you?
T: To be honest, I don't drink at all. (Hahahaha, nice joke Toshi)
Y: Then who drinks the most from X Japan?
T: Well, it's Pata, yeah.. Ah, anyway... he's always drinking.

Yuji started to tell a story again from 1999 X Japan concert in Yokohama arena. He found a beer somewhere, and he didn't know whos beer was that.
Y: I couldn't fight against the feeling, that I really wanted to drink beer, so I opened it, and started to drink. Then, from somewhere about 190 cm tall men in suits

came to me and asked: "Do you know whos beer you are drinking?". And it turned out, it was Pata's beer.

*They burst out in laughter*

Next e-mail: My friend told me, that he went to an X concert to a livehouse, when they were still indies, and he said, it was really dangerous, he risked his life

being there, because you would never know, what will fall thowards you. After watching we are X, I saw Yoshiki throwing cymbals, so I was like woow, my friend was

right! I was so surprised! I want to know, if there was any object you guys threw in the audience.

*they starts to laugh*

T: Well, yes. We threw a lot of things! I think the first thing I threw in the audience was a net.

Koji told a story about crushing something in a hotel room.

T: Ah, we didn't do such wild things! (sarcasm)

There was a time, when hide came back to the hotel totally drunk, bought some alcohol, and squirt it in front of everyone.

Y: Like champagne fight?

T: Yes, yes, exactly!

Y: And what did you do at that time?

T: I was in my room, and I pushed my bed in front of the door. But those two, Yoshiki and hide came, and banged my door, like BAMM-BAMM. I tought "how terrible this

is, what kind of horror film I'm in?". They broke into my room, grabbed the bed from it's legs, and lifted it up.

Y: What? They lifted up a double bed? They had the power to do that?
T: Yes. And then they caught me. This happened in the hotel in Nagano. But it's a really old story. Maybe 25-30 years old.
Y: I have never heard a story like this before!
T: But please don't do such a thing! It's not good!
Y+K: Nooooo, we'll never do something like that! (sarcasm)

Next e-mail was about Toshi and food, but I didn't really understand.

Y: Once, we went to an Izakaya after a live. (Izakaya is a type of informal gastropub. Drinking houses with a menu of small dishes for snacking while drinking) We

didn't have money, so we asked for people's leftovers. But in the end, I became friends with the people in the pub.

Next e-mail: Is it true, that there was a thing back then as "X Japan cup noodle"? Since I really love ramen, I want to know how did it taste like?

T: Yes, that was a thing. And the package was totally black.
Y: And how was it in the inside?
T: It was just an average ramen.

*they burst out in laughter*

T: Have you guys released something like this?
Y: Since I really love adzuki beans, we released a Yuzu azuki.
T: Omg, I want to try that!
K: Did you hear that boss? Toshi-san wants to try it!
T: I really love sweets.
Y: What kind of sweets do you eat?
T: Actually every kind. But I really love pancakes for example.

T: Thank you for coming here Yuzu! Ahh... I'm so tired...
Y+K: Ah, we are so sorry!
T: No, no, it's okay, it was fun!

Yuzu told that they'll release a new album soon, and they'll tour.

T: You're releasing albums properly, you are doing good!
Y: To be honest I'm waiting for that for so long...
T: For what?
Y: For the album...
T: Eh... I don't know what are you talking about.
Y: You know.. AL-BUM! X Japan's new album.

T: Hahaha, thank you so much! We're working on it. Thank you for coming here today, I had so much fun! Let's meet on next Monday again!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:59:28 PM by sasasama »

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 04:07:47 PM
Y: And what did you do at that time?

T: I was in my room, and I pushed my bed in front of the door. But those two, Yoshiki and hide came, and banged my door, like BAMM-BAMM. I tought "how terrible this is, what kind of horror film I'm in?"

That's the Toshiest reaction I can imagine.  ;D

Also, thank you so much for these translations, sasasama, you have no idea how cool it is to have Japanese-speakers on this forum who care to translate it for the English-speaking community. You rock!

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 04:19:09 PM
Thank you, sasasama!! That was wonderful and had me laughing quite a bit, too.  Poor Toshi on the bed, with Yoshiki and hide lifting the bed with him on it - and drunk! Hahahahaha!

There are so many great things in this one, it's just such fun to read.  Thank you, again!  8)

Teemeah

Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 05:50:17 PM
Y: To be honest I'm waiting for that for so long...
T: For what?
Y: For the album...
T: Eh... I don't know what are you talking about.

aahhahhahah. :D Toshi, you, question evader :D LOL

Thank you for the summary! Hi radio broadcasts seem fun. And OMG hide and Yoshiki breaking into Toshi's room and catching him. LOL. :D They really did have wild days, huh? :D

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 07:47:55 PM
Thank you so much for taking your time translating this.  :D

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 30, 2018, 10:52:57 AM
Thank you so much for taking your time translating this.  :D

You're welcome! :) I'm sick at the moment, I have too much time in my hands, so you can expect yesterday's Toshi radio's translation today.  ;D This one was hella hilarious, I swear you won't be dissapointed! Just to mention a few things: Story about how did Toshi fall between a train and the platform, Toshi took part in a folk-music contest with his original folk-song, and naked/half naked women on X Japan concerts.  ;)

Teemeah

Reply #42 on: January 30, 2018, 11:14:54 AM
Oh my :D this sounds fun! Get well soon :)

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 30, 2018, 03:15:51 PM
Okay, so be prepared, it's gonna be the longest one! It took forever to get it done, haha. But here you go, get cosy, grab your tea/coffee/hot chocolate/whatever, and ENJOY!  ;D

Toshi radio 2018. 01. 29.

It started with the usual weather forecast, then Toshi started to read e-mails.

In the e-mail the person said, she started to listen to the radio program last week, and it was really funny. She

recognised, that Toshi acts differently on TV and on radio. Radio has a really special atmosphere.

T: It is really special! When we came to the studio with Yuzu last week, and sat behind our micophones, we immediately

changed!

Today's guest is Hamaguchi Masaru, one of the comedians from the comedy duo, called "Yoiko".

Toshi got an e-mail in which they asked, how did Hamaguchi-san and Toshi became close.

Toshi explained, they met in an internet show, Hamaguchi-san is a huge X Japan fan (of course, who isn't), and they

started to talk about how much he loves the band, Toshi thinks he's a really nice person, so he invited him to the

radio program. And today is his birthday.

T: In the previous episode we talked about that hairspray, which I brought here too, and looks like you guys really

love this topic, because I got tons of e-mails about it again!

Someone said, if Toshi does his hair with it again, he wants to see.

T: You know, when we performed a duet with Sho from Golden Bomber, he cosplayed me. He looked so cool, that I got the

feeling, I want to try it again!

Toshi started to talk about upcoming DVD releases, and then he mentioned one of his really close old friends, Katto-

kun, (I'm so sorry, I have no idea how to spell his name. If anyone knows, pls correct me) who's now one of his

background musicians on his solo concerts.

T: Let's try to call him. I wonder if he'll pick up...

*phone ringing*

T: What are you doing Katto, it's me who's calling... Let's try again!

*phone rings again*

T: Hallo?
K: Hallo?
T: What are you doing now?
K: I was recording, but we're about to finish now.
T: Really? So it's over soon?
K: Yes! It's over.
T: I'm doing "All Night Nippon" at this moment. Do you want to come over a little?
K: Come over? Like, right now?
T: Can you come now?
K: I'm in Yurakucho.
T: I'm in Yurakucho too. Are you near? Then you have 5 minutes to get here! I'm waiting for you! Can you really come?
K: Yes!
T: Yay! It was a long time since we met.
K: Wow, it was so sudden...
T: It's okay, don't worry! I'm waiting for you! Thank you, bye!

Hamaguchi-san appeard, and Toshi café premium started. They talked about how they met again, then Toshi started making

coffee, and smash the beans which was really noisy again, hahah. :D

Hamaguchi told a story, when he was in an event in the past, Toshi was there too, and he wanted to meet Toshi so bad,

that he decided if Toshi goes to the toilet, he will go too. (pffhahaha, it's something I would do too. Sounds like

the best place to meet LMAO)

T: I know it's your birthday today, so happy birthday!
H: Thank you so much!
T: I prepared a cake for you!
H: Ah, thank you! What a special cake!
T: Of course, since you know, I'm the king of sweets! So how old are you? 46?
H: Yes, 46.
T: Are you kidding me?! You don't look like 46 at all! You look 36!

*Toshi starts to sing happy birthday*

H: I'm so happy!
T: It's nothing. I prepared a present for you as well!
H: Really? A present? Thank you so much, I'm gonna open it right now!

E-mai: I want to talk about a 25 years old story. Hamaguchi-san's impersonation of Yoshiki. At that time I asked one

of my big X Japan fan school mates "Have you seen that comedy? It was so funny, right?", and she said "Don't talk

about that in front of me ever again!", and she started to hate me.

H: Well, that's true. After that I got a lot of e-mails from X Japan fans, like "Please respect our beloved Yoshiki,

and don't make fun of him again like that!" and such.
T: Ah, I see. Serious people.
H: Yes, but you know, I love X Japan too. So I did that comedy with these feelings.

E-mail: When we first saw that show, we tought "it's not okay, to make fun of Yoshiki like that", but after watching

it, we realised it was actually similar, and funny after all. We want to see you on TV again, Hamaguchi-san!

H: I'm glad to hear that!

Toshi told, that once he went to one of Hamaguchi's performances when he did an impersonation of Yoshiki, and he liked

it. He said, he agreed, and understood it.

H: Please, don't say that! *laughs*

T: But I did really like it! You also played the air-drums, and you were so wild, that I actually respected you for

that!

E-mail: Toshi-san, you called Katto-kun. Did he forget to come? He will really come?

T: Ah, here he is!!!! He's here, he's here!
K: Hello, good evening! You called me so suddenly!
T: You brought the cool air inside.
K: It smells so sweet here.
H: Yes, because we're eating a cake.
K: Happy birthday!
T: Our story about how we met with Katto-kun is really amazing. Do you want to tell to Hamaguchi-san?

Katto told him, that in 92' Toshi did this radio program, and I didn't really understand what was that corner about,

but he had the opportunity to talk with Toshi via phone, and they talked a lot. Toshi said, Katto talked non-stop. He

was only 15 at that time. Toshi got interest in him, so they met in a studio, and thanks to hide-san, Katto debuted.

(He is a guitarist). And since then, they're really close friends.

H: Wow, that's what I call destiny!

Time for "true or false, Toshi folk-tales.

T: How did you discover X Japan Hamaguchi-san?
H: One of my friends in high school really liked heavy-metal, and he gave me a casette tape of X.
T: A casette tape? Wasn't the sound's quality horrible?
H: Yes, it was, but I started to like the band from that on. Can I read the next e-mail?
T: Go on.

E-mail: I heard a gossip, when Toshi's hair was still blonde, he fell between a train and the platform. Is that true?

T: *laughs* Katto-kun, what do you think?
K: I heard this story before!
H: What? Really?
T: Ah... well...so... It's true!

*everyone starts to laugh*

H: But it's a little bit dangerous, dont't you think?
T: I was so embarassed about my blonde hair at that time. (Because at that time, it was kind of forbidden to die your

hair, and people with blonde hair considered "suspicious", "weird", "dangerous") I had piano tuning exam that day. And

we had a concert as well. Anyway, on the previous day, everyone told me "let's bleach our hair!", so I did it at

night. But then the next day I overslept, and I was suuuper super late. I tought, there's no way to catch my train,

but it was the day of the exam. So I run with my huge backpack. The train was right in front of me, I wanted to jump

in, but I couldn't. My leg stuck between the train and the platform, and I fell in. Everyone looked out of the windows

to check what happened. I couldn't move, so someone helped me out. But then the doors closed, and I couldn't get in.

H: Whaaaaaat? You couldn't get in?

T: No, so I was late for my exam. But I went anyway. Everyone was already there. The dean came to me, and started to

yell at me: "Who te heck are you?!". As I said, I bleached my hair the other day, so she didn't recognise me. She was

really angry, because she didn't understand what on earth this suspicious person doing there. I murmured: "I came to

the piano tuning exam".

*everyone laughs really hard*

Next-email: I heard, when Toshi was a junior-high student, he took part in a folk-music contest with his original

folk-song. Is it true? If Yes, I want to know the song's title!

T: What do you think Katto-san? Is it true?
K: I think it is.
T: It was a 11 hours long NHK show, and it contained a lot of different contests. It was before junior-high third

year, in the summer vacation. I went there with the baseball club's captain, Okada-san. I called him Oka-pi. We went

to this folk-village, and there in a studio was an audition. Everyone was so good and talented there, and we were only

15 years old kids. But we performed my original folk-song. (Sorry I didn't get the title)

H: Wow, I really want to hear! Do you remember it?
T: No! I don't remember anything!
H: Come on, I'm sure you can recall it somehow!
T: Listen guys, it's too embarassing! But then, they thanked us the participation, and we got one-one toothbrush.

Next e-mail: Is that true, that on X Japan concerts in the past Toshi screamed "let's get naked!" to the audience, and

women also started to take off their clothes. And if yes, did you see those people?

T: What do you think Katto-san?
K: I want to know, if it's true or not.
T: Women taking off their clothes on a concert is not okay, right?... But after I screamed "let's get naked", they

started to remove their underwear... And they started to jump...

*a few seconds dead silence*

*everyone starts to laugh*

T: Then I changed my words, to "take off your overgarment".

Next e-mail: When X Japan was still indies, and hide joined the band, is that true, that you were so happy, that you

did kumitaisou? (Sorry, I didn't know how to translate this, but it basically means group gymnastics in which teams

form pyramids or other shapes)

T: What do you think Katto-san?
K: It might be true.
T: Really?
K: Yes...
T: *gasps*... Except it's not!

T: At that time hide wanted to stop doing music, but we really needed a guitarist, so after he said yes, we were

extremely happy. Like "let's go to drink! Let's celebrate!"

The next e-mail was about Pata and his paper bags, but honesly I didn't understand.

T: Pata-san doesn't have paper bags right now, but if he would have one, he would definitely put alcohol in it.

T: So now, it's time for Mr. Logan's corner. In the previous episode we had to skipp the whole thing, which is totally

unforgivable, but now we're doing it.
 (This is the corner, when the guests and Toshi's agressive alterego, Logan, give advices to the listeners on their

problems)

So the e-mail was from a woman, who's dating a man. They went dating 4 times, she even gave him chocolate, but the man

still doesn't recognised her feelings. The question was, how to make him recognise, how to move further in this

relationship.

H: So, it was from a woman, right? Then it's the man's fault!
T: Recognising the other's feelings, yes-yes!
H: Like, if I would receive chocolate from a woman, that's pretty obvious. Besides, she said, they went to date 4

times already. I think confession is a man's duty! (where do you live man? lmao)
T: Women do it nowadays too.
H: My advice is timing. Confess in the right time. Maybe that guy is really shy.
K: But if they dated 4 times, that means they are going out, no? (the confusion LOL)
T: Hmm, it's a hard question for Logan-san. After hearing your answers, I don't know what to say. Also, Logan-san

doesn't understand women. But let's listen what he has to say.
Logan: JUST KISS HIM ALREADY! *screaming*

T: So, since Katto-san came here, Logan doesn't want to spend too much time here.
K: He's already leaving?
Logan: Sayonara! *in an agressive tone*

T: So since you're here, I prepared a special corner for you! (i didn't understand the title, but it was that one he

did in the past)

T: In the next e-mail a kid said, he wants to be a youtuber, but he doesn't know how to convince his parents. Come to

think of it Katto-san, how did your parent react at that time?
K: First, they wasn't that supportive, but after listening to that All Night Nippon show, my father started to cry,

and supported me all the way. Toshi-san asked me, what I want to be, and I answered "musician", and he said "then

become one!".
T: I don't remember at all... (come on Toshi, that's how you ruin the mood)
T: But this kid wants to be a youtuber. I don't know what is that, but why not? Just take the responsibility!

In the end of the episode Toshi and Katto played Say Anything to Hamaguchi-san.

Teemeah

Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 09:50:11 PM
aww thank you so much ^^. I think Toshi means CUTT, his backing guitarist. He is the blond boy on the left here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bej6xuzhNcm/

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 09:02:24 AM
Thank you dear sasasama for another great translation - I have a such a lovely time reading these!  ;D

Also, someone on FB posted the e-mail address where you can send Toshi your questions and advice requests for Mr. Logan: toshl@allnightnippon.com

We can try our luck! (I asked Logan for some cooking advice)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 09:37:05 AM
aww thank you so much ^^. I think Toshi means CUTT, his backing guitarist. He is the blond boy on the left here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bej6xuzhNcm/

Oh, yes yes, this guy! Uninformed me! Thanks!  ;D

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 09:40:42 AM
Thank you dear sasasama for another great translation - I have a such a lovely time reading these!  ;D

Also, someone on FB posted the e-mail address where you can send Toshi your questions and advice requests for Mr. Logan: toshl@allnightnippon.com

We can try our luck! (I asked Logan for some cooking advice)
'
Yes, this is the e-mail! :) Well, I'm not sure if he's willing to answer English mails, but we can always try!  ;) I will let you know, if it's in the show.  ;D Can't wait for next Monday!

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 01, 2018, 07:20:02 AM
Toshl's aggressive alter ego = Mr.Logan? HAHAHA!

Is it something like Yoshiki's Shiratomi Hitomi, Tomomi Tachibana, Miyuki Igarashi, ゲイリー ヨシキ, MacDonald... blah blah blah? It's so fun. I'd like to listen to the radio.

Toshl would read English e-mails. Otherwise, what's the point of making English name? Mr.Logan.

Thank you for the translation!

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 02, 2018, 11:27:08 AM
Toshl's aggressive alter ego = Mr.Logan? HAHAHA!

Is it something like Yoshiki's Shiratomi Hitomi, Tomomi Tachibana, Miyuki Igarashi, ゲイリー ヨシキ, MacDonald... blah blah blah? It's so fun. I'd like to listen to the radio.

Toshl would read English e-mails. Otherwise, what's the point of making English name? Mr.Logan.

Thank you for the translation!

Since the whole radio program is in Japanese, I don't think he would answer English mails. :/ Maybe if we spam him. :D

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 03, 2018, 06:30:28 AM
I listened to the radio and laughed so hard when Toshl imitated Pata. It's unbelievably the same.

I think Mr.Logan originated from Toshl's new nickname "Ryugen". Maybe English version of Ryugen.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 03, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
I listened to the radio and laughed so hard when Toshl imitated Pata. It's unbelievably the same.

I think Mr.Logan originated from Toshl's new nickname "Ryugen". Maybe English version of Ryugen.

Which one did you listen to. :)? I don't remember Toshi imitating Pata :O

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 04, 2018, 02:54:42 AM
Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25S5v5ev3B4

around 57:28~

I've heard that Toshl is very good at imitating other members, but it's the first time I heard it myself.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 04, 2018, 09:20:52 AM
Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25S5v5ev3B4

around 57:28~

I've heard that Toshl is very good at imitating other members, but it's the first time I heard it myself.  ;D ;D ;D

Ah, you're right hahaha

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 06, 2018, 03:06:32 PM
NEW EPISODE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Toshi radio

2018. 02. 05.

Today's guest was Fujigaya Taisuke from Kis-My-Ft2, a Johnny's boy group. He's an idol, singer, and an actor as well.

Toshi got an e-mail from someone, who said, after watching PEKOJANI (that cooking show Toshi attended), and went to

eat that chocolate pancake, and there were other people, who went there, after watching the show.

T: It was soooo delishiouaauughhouuughs~ (yes, he said it like that, you should listen to it, it was hilarious)

In the next e-mail someone recommended him a shop, which sells really good sweets, and he should definitely try that.
After that, Toshi recommended a new "corner". He's waiting for e-mails about sweets recommendations, and it has to

contain: where can he find them, which shop sells it, what type of sweets, and how does it taste like.

He started the program with the "Mr.Logan corner", because they had to skip it, when YUZU was the guest.

T: Logan-san, Logan-san, are you okay? He collapsed...
Logan: *coughing*

*Toshi starts to laugh*

T: I'm sorry, my voice cracked... *then he started coughing again*

He got an e-mail from a girl, who plays classic piano, and guitar, and after seeing X Japan, she really wants to make

musician friend. So she's considering going to a livehouse, but she's afraid to go there alone as a girl, people's

eyes are scary, and she can't open the door. (Because she's too afraid to go inside)

T: Wait, you can't open the door? You can open it, it's totally fine!
Logan: PLEASE OPEN THAT DOOR! *agressively*
T: It's totally fine to go inside, and you also play the guitar, and there are a lot of people you could talk to about

music, and make friends. I'm sure they're waiting for you!
Logan: GO! *agressively*

The next e-mail was from a woman, who's in her 30's, and she can't accept she's getting old, and she can't face

forward. What could she do to accept herself?

T: Logan-san, what do you think?
Logan: HMM... IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
T: Ah, so it's impossible! *laughing* Yes, you can't stop getting old. You'll get old no matter what you do. And she

also can't face forward. What do you think about this, Logan-san?
Logan: FACE FORWARD! BE POSITIVE!
T: You can't stop getting old. I got pretty old too, as you can see. But Yoshiko-san, you are still in your 30's, and

I'm in my 50's, and I have to tell you, it's the best time of my life! I feel so good right now! This is the best!

The next e-mail was from a 25 years old guy, who's dream was to study abroad since elementary school, but he's afraid

of living abroad, and he wants advice on how to worry less.

Logan: EAT A PANCAKE!!!
T: When I went to LA the first time, it was really hard, but after eating a pancake, all my worries were gone.

*Toshi café premium*

Fujigaya-san introduced himself, and they started to talk about how they met.

T: I'm going to make coffee for you.
F: Eh?!
T: Can you please talk while I make it?
F: Ehhh?!
T: It's a corner like this. Do you like coffee?
F: Yes, I like it!
T: I really love coffee, and tea, and I make it to people who come here.

*Toshi starts smashing coffee beans while Fujigaya talks, but Fujigaya stops talking after hearing that*

T: I'm sorry, this is really loud!
F: It's okay! SO SINCE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL I... *he starts to yell*

*Toshi founds it really funny, so he stopped smashing the beans, and laughed really hard*

T: Okay, please go on! *and he starts to smash them again*
T: So, did you have a band?
F: No, I've never had a band, but we went to karaoke with my friends a lot!
T: Really? And what kind of songs did you sing?
F: I sang X Japan songs too, but the key were too high...
T: Which songs?
F: For example, Endless Rain, but it was so high.

T: Oh my goodness, this coffee is so pale!!! I'm so worried right now!

*Fujigaya starts to laugh*

T: Please, taste it!
F: *he sips coffee* Ah....*pause* It's reeeeeally weak!
T: I KNEW IT! I could see it from it's color!
T: Please, taste the cake too!
F: Ah, it's so good!
T: Unlike my coffee...
F: *laughs*

They started to talk about the acoustic concert. Fujigaya was there too, and he said, the MC was really funny. Toshi

said, it was too long, but Fujigaya said, he couldn't feel it, because it was funny. Then Toshi asked about his

carieer as an actor. Fujigaya said, he started acting in elementary school, but Johnny always told him, that he's

lame. He played in a lot of dramas, and he said it's hard, but he enjoys doing it.

*True or false, Toshi-folktales*

T: Let's start with you, Gaya-san!
F: There is something I really want to know. Can I ask it?
T: Of course!
F: So, when X Japan broke up, you did a last live in Tokyo Dome. I heard, it was supposed to be a 2-days concert. I

want to know the reason, why was it only a 1-day live.
T: A scary question again... But to tell the truth, I don't really remember anything from that era.

*Toshi starts to laugh*

T: Okay, the truth is, nobody wanted to do this concert.

*a few seconds dead silence*

F: Not even one day?
T: Not even one day. Only hide-chan wanted to do it, and said, we should take clear responsibility and do it for the

fans. Yoshiki didn't want to do it, but hide-chan convinced him. That's why it was only 1 day insted of 2.
F: Somehow... I'm so touched right now, I want to cry...
T: A lot of things happened. But really, hide-chan appreciated our fans very much, so his feelings made us realise,

it's the right thing to do. So we did it. But wait! This is the first serious talk in this corner!
F: I'm sorry, I've always wanted to know that! Thank you so much!

The next e-mail was a question about Kurenai but I didn't understand.

T: So Kurenai was a song, before hide-chan joined the band. It was really fast, and we couldn't play it. After hide

joined, he said it's a good song, and we should play it. He made a new riff, and created a new arangement with

Yoshiki. It became a totally different song... Okay, not totally different, but different. So actually, thanks to

hide, Kurenai was born.

I'm not sure, but I think in the next e-mail someone asked, if it's true, that Yoshiki did illegal things in the past,

and it made Toshi really angry. Toshi said, it's true, and Yoshiki had to write letters to the sponsors that he won't

do those things again, and apologized.

Next e-mail was about the X jump, but I didn't understand that either. Toshi said something, that doing the X jump was

forbidden at that time, for some reason. Toshi asked Fujigaya, if he did the X jump. He said no, but on the acoustic

concert one of his group members bough a penlight. But he bought only one, and it was funny, because everyone else

bought 2, to do the X sign, but he couldn't do it with only one. They didn't do the X jump, but Tosh said, the time

will come again! (wohooo, pls do a world tour)

In the next e-mail some asked, if it's true that Yoshiki told Toshi, not to eat dairy products and pizza, because it's

bad for his throat. Toshi said, it wasn't Yoshiki who said that, but he's voice trainer. He can't drink or eat

anything dairy before concerts. He asked Fujigaya, if there's anything he can't do before singing, and he said, he

doesn't eat 2 hours before singing. They agreed on that, that it's not good to eat a lot before singing.

Toshi also offered that he'll be Fujigaya's private vocal trainer if he wants, because it turned out he doesn't have a

vocal trainer. He also practices dancing alone.

Toshi said, that on Music Station, Kis-My-Ft2's dressing room was next to X Japan's dressing room, and it was really

late, but he could hear them practicing there, and he tought "Wow, these guys are so serious, and so diligent!". He

was really touched.

This was the end of the episode, and the next guest will be Sho the singer of Golden Bomber.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:13:53 PM by sasasama »

Teemeah

Reply #55 on: February 06, 2018, 06:27:29 PM
Thank you so much, again :) These folktale corners are soooo good. Wow, so it was indeed hide who insisted on the last concert. A lot of people accused Yoshiki of lying when he said that, but it is then indeed true. :)

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 06, 2018, 08:02:58 PM
Thanks a lot for your time translating this episode.  :D
They seemed to have a lot of fun.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 07, 2018, 12:48:30 AM
Next e-mail was about the X jump, but I didn't understand that either. Toshi said something, that doing the X jump was

forbidden at that time, for some reason.

They aren't allowed to play on Tokyo Dome anymore since 2009, due to the "X jump" triggering some earthquake alarms. Probably something related to this.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: February 07, 2018, 06:55:26 AM
NEW EPISODE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I'm not sure, but I think in the next e-mail someone asked, if it's true, that Yoshiki did illegal things in the past, and it made Toshi really angry. Toshi said, it's true, and Yoshiki had to write letters to the sponsors that he won't do those things again, and apologized.

Next e-mail was about the X jump, but I didn't understand that either. Toshi said something, that doing the X jump was forbidden at that time, for some reason.

1. An anecdote when they were amateurs.

It was forbidden to dive into the audience, but Yoshiki used to do it. Sometimes Toshl also dived.

One day Yoshiki dived into the audience as always. (Toshl doesn't remember exactly whether he also dived or not) And they were severely scolded (by the livehouse owner?). Because it was dangerous. Yoshiki wrote a letter to him. Since then, X and the owner(?) have had a good relationship until X became professional musicians.

Toshl says they were so young, and they felt more desire for the forbidden things.

2. e-mail : "In the 90's, when each company interviewed new employees, there were too many applicants who wrote "X Jump" in the section of resumes where they should have written about their specialty. So X received claims for damages from the companies"

Toshl says it's false. But when 50 thousand people jump all at once, it was shaken and damaged the neighborhood around Tokyo Dome. So they were asked not to instigate X Jump all the time. So, at the Last Live Concert, Toshl never asked the audience to jump. The audience did it themselves. (But HIDE instigated X jump)

Thank you for the translation. It's my first time listening to Toshl's "Love Song". It's awesome.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: February 07, 2018, 07:53:54 AM
Oh thank you both for working on this.  Really neat stuff to find out and funny stuff, too.  Plus technical stuff regarding the band, the X Jump and all.  I especially like hearing that hide was the one who convinced them to do Last Live.   Just think what it would be like if that never happened?  Such a beautiful concert it is, at least to me.

And ToshI is FUNNY!  ;D