• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan to perform at Songs of Tokyo

Guest · 8383

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 10:47:38 AM
I never knew one of you attended the Songs of Tokyo event! You should've repped the forum while you were on your soapbox about how gloriously wonderful Yoshiki is -

Half kidding but this woman at the start of the video is so cringe and it's a major issue with this community; the hosts think she's bat shit crazy, the crowd are silently holding in laughter at her, even Yoshiki is looking at her like "wtf...".

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 11:21:29 AM
I'm at work so I could only watch it with the sound off. Oh yeah, that lady sure looks intense.  8)

I attended three We Are X 'premieres' here in France and yup, French fans can get very intense, I tell you. The last time around a young woman with a stuffed animal (or a Hide doll or whatevs) fell out of her seat and loudly cried her eyes out during that sequence about Hide's death. A couple sitting beside me, both clutching their Yoshikitties (yeah, they probably have an interesting sex life), loudly cried as well. I like weird stuff but that was a little too weird for me.

Unrelated, but I was doing some PR work at Japan Expo here back in June and all I know is that at some point I was helping the staff carrying a young lady in a cosplay outfit having a bad asthma attack of some sort. We made her lay down somewhere and prepared to call an ambulance. A friend of hers catched up and stopped us in time. She wasn't sick. She had just caught a glimpse of a her favourite j-celebrity and that made her too emotional to function.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #32 on: January 02, 2018, 11:27:35 AM
Yeah that girl was cringe-worthy. I was like holy jesus please stop your blabber and let X play already. I'm a HUGE fan of X and Yoshiki in particular but I would never do this kind of ass-licking. Even Yoshiki looked like he was seriously uncomfortable listening to her. These kind of fans give a bad name to fandoms. This is not fangirling, this is obsession. It's a different kind of thing. These are the fans that end up stalking celebrities to the point of breaking into their homes and sending crazy stuff to celebs' significant others. The Kpop fandom is also full of these batshit stalkers, it's an Asian kind of thing. I mean, we have celebrity stalkers of Western celebrities, too, but they are kind of far and few between. Asian stars, on the other hand have literally thousands of these ..... No wonder none of them want to expose their private lives. You might find an unknown woman taking a shower in your bathroom or a GPS device under your car (both happened with Kpop stars, true stories).

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 02, 2018, 11:42:25 AM
I'm glad that video was uploaded so now I don't have to upload mine.  LOL.  That blonde was definitely cringe worthy and did keep blabbering on and on about Yoshiki until I was about to puke.  I was like "enough already!"

We do have stalker type fans here in the US.  Adam Lambert is one of the people that comes to mind.  Some of his fans are so obsessed with him it's shocking and scary.  They will rip you a new one if you dare say one tiny thing that they don't approve of and if you do respond to one of them in any kind of negative way, 20 of them come out of the woodwork and attack you on the net. 

I used to think he was great as a new front man for Queen but his fans have driven me off him and made me dislike watching or listening to him anymore. 

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 02, 2018, 01:12:29 PM
My mom always said, if you think you love someone to the point of not seeing a single flaw in them, then you're not in love with them, you're obsessed with them. Ever since, I make it a point to tell my SO that despite her being amazing in all ways, she still has terrible morning breath.  8)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 02, 2018, 01:16:47 PM
My mom always said, if you think you love someone to the point of not seeing a single flaw in them, then you're not in love with them, you're obsessed with them. Ever since, I make it a point to tell my SO that despite her being amazing in all ways, she still has terrible morning breath.  8)

Hahahahahahaha! Your mom made a great point, there.  That's very true.   ;D

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 02, 2018, 04:51:27 PM

Hero sounds amazing

Ex denxdenx

Teemeah

Reply #37 on: January 02, 2018, 07:34:22 PM
Yeah hero was amazing. But what did Toshi do during La Venus? It's getting too high for him somehow. He is clearly struggling.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 02, 2018, 07:45:13 PM
Everyone looked embarrassed by that girl....  ;D
On the other side, I think she was just too excited to see X.

Toshi sounded ok in this performance, but we hardly see Pata, Heath and Sugizo. Wait, was Sugizo there?
I need to watch it again.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:12:47 PM by magucathy »

Teemeah

Reply #39 on: January 02, 2018, 07:53:33 PM
Yes, he was dramatically playing on the neck of his guitar (they weren't even plugged in ROFL). This was Yoshiki and Toshi ft. co. for half a minute. :D LOL. I wonder how much they get paid for a half a minute playback gig.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 02, 2018, 08:56:28 PM
:) Hope you don't tell her every single morning! But wow, that's very wise, what your mom said there,so true.
The performance didn't do much for me, but at least they keep on coming together every once in a while.
On Heath or Pata not participating in interviews or Heath looking uncomfortable on stage, just going through the motions: Playing music for a living isn't always fun. I think when you're in a band that isn't very productive anymore (and doesn't develop songs/arrangements together in rehearsal anymore), it becomes more of a routine(like in normal jobs), and you don't always have a say in which gigs to do.
On the other hand, when you're a musician, you wanna be successful and able to make a living, so you better think twice leaving a successful retro act for a new project, probably leading to a 95% salary cut. Fake-performing new material you hate on a tv show for a few hundred bucks per day sure as hell beats being at the office from 9 to 5 for a few hundred bucks a month! But I totally get how it 's an ambiguous experience.

Teemeah

Reply #41 on: January 02, 2018, 09:10:02 PM
Yeah i guess I am also a little harsh here because musicians are also people. They can have bad days, "I don't wanna get up and do that" kind of days, they can also be under the weather or have mood swings.  Heath looked really happy and energetic during the July concerts, he was exchanging know-it-all cute smiles with Toshi during the performance and he smiled a LOT generally. Even Pata looked happy as fuck. So it's probably just one of those days when you hate your job and want to crawl back in bed instead of spending a looong night being a bioscenery piece behind a parading Yoshiki on national TV. :) We all have highs and lows, and I really cannot expect celebrities to always appear happy and positive, when they don't feel like it.

aww, I just wanna hug Heath now and fluff his hair.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 02, 2018, 09:37:51 PM
aww, I just wanna hug Heath now and fluff his hair.
Not sure he'd respond well to that  ;D

Teemeah

Reply #43 on: January 02, 2018, 09:56:03 PM
He might love it. Who knows? Maybe all he needs is a pretty gaijin woman to keep him happy. Heath-kun, I can also cook Japanese food! (just in case he might read this. ya never know.)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #44 on: January 02, 2018, 10:31:40 PM

Hero sounds amazing

What the fuck is this france woman about? Whats wrong with her?

Maybe its the wrong place, but I liked Cornelius very much.

positively unsure。

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 02, 2018, 10:33:27 PM
He might love it. Who knows? Maybe all he needs is a pretty gaijin woman to keep him happy. Heath-kun, I can also cook Japanese food! (just in case he might read this. ya never know.)

...and you think you are this pretty gaijin woman?  ;D

positively unsure。

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: January 02, 2018, 11:30:43 PM
But I thought he can't speak english?
*Sound of dream shattering*

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 03, 2018, 01:17:48 AM
To me during the interview, Pata looked like he was listening very carefully.  Maybe he could understand some of what was being said and trying to understand the rest of it?

That woman in the audience at the performance was a huge turn off and acted like an idiot. lololololol

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 03, 2018, 01:21:04 AM
Yeah hero was amazing. But what did Toshi do during La Venus? It's getting too high for him somehow. He is clearly struggling.

I think he was also forcing it too high there when he messed up because his voice cracked on the high notes.  I lost it, myself, when he did.  I felt bad for him.  What a disappointment that probably was for him.   :'(

ETA: No, he can hit those higher notes but he often sounds like he's out of breath.  Not that he can't hit the notes but that maybe he can't take deep enough breaths at times.  Not always but sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:30:11 AM by LEMONedMe »

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 03, 2018, 02:45:27 AM
We know virtually nothing about Pata but if he's depressed then he's been depressed since 1980. I'm an introvert myself and I know people can make all kinds of strange assumptions about introverts. Maybe he's not sad nor depressed nor bored but actually pretty happy to be there, just not willing to expose himself that much. Some people sit front row, others always choose to sit at the back.

One photo and for Christmas but Pata does not look good, here.  I remember, he got sick and had a heart issue.  Maybe meds and what happened to him at that time make him subdued or something?

Teemeah

Reply #50 on: January 03, 2018, 07:55:40 AM

You think I'm not pretty? :P

Teemeah

Reply #51 on: January 03, 2018, 07:58:26 AM
But I thought he can't speak english?
*Sound of dream shattering*
Body language is pretty much enough, I have a friend who married her Turkish sweetheart without speaking each other's languages. They used google translate to chat bwahahha. They've been married for 8 years now (and learnt those languages :P). I'm pretty quick in picking up a new language, and Japanese is on my bucket list anyways :D ahahah. You see, nothing is impossible :D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: January 03, 2018, 09:11:44 AM
Pata looks pretty okay to me. He never looked like a prepubescent teen, unlike Hide & Co. And I bet he's not getting monthly botox and yearly plastic surgery. Nor does he wear an inch-thick layer of makeup. Also, doesn't seem the type who likes to rehearse his photo pose in front of the mirror for hours.  So yeah, our ol' man Pata looks quite okay. 8)

As for Heath, I bet you can lock that dude in a room full of pizza, ice cream and a harem of pretty virgins, he still won't budge. Has anyone read that passage in Yoshiki's biography about his 'job interview' to join X? The dude showed up hungover, didn't seem all that impressed about the position he was being offered and played hard to get for weeks before he agreed to join them. Heath is stoicism personified.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 05, 2018, 09:35:29 PM

You think I'm not pretty? :P

;D that was not exactly what I ment ;)

positively unsure。