X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan announced for Kohaku uta Gassen, Yoshiki to play drums?

Guest · 6691

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 10:36:08 AM
Probably something to do with the rain because they're playing Endless Rain? But that is an hilarious mental image xD

I did think Toshi sounded pretty good in this performance

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Teemeah

Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 10:54:39 AM
Why are they in a Star Wars Cloud City set? I opened the video and I was totally expecting Toshi yell "Yoshiki, I am your father".

I don't think they get to choose the set at Kouhaku. :)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 01:58:35 PM
Why are they in a Star Wars Cloud City set? I opened the video and I was totally expecting Toshi yell "Yoshiki, I am your father".

Hahahahaha! That's hilarious and I am a huge Star Wars fan. too.   ;D

They do that to keep the youtube bots from detecting material that has been uploaded that shouldn't be.  There are a lot of movies that get uploaded that way, too, that are copyright infringements but the uploaders get away with it if they use moving backgrounds and insert the video in a smaller frame inside all that animation.  Some of it is really awful and distracting and this one didn't really distract me like some do.  I downloaded it as I am sure they'll eventually catch it, maybe.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 04:02:13 PM
Huge SW fan here too! No, but I mean, the actual screen background behind them on stage. It looks exactly like the background of the Cloud City duel in Episode V. Right when Vader tells Luke he's his father.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 07:37:22 PM

Hahahahaha! That's hilarious and I am a huge Star Wars fan. too.   ;D

They do that to keep the youtube bots from detecting material that has been uploaded that shouldn't be.  There are a lot of movies that get uploaded that way, too, that are copyright infringements but the uploaders get away with it if they use moving backgrounds and insert the video in a smaller frame inside all that animation.  Some of it is really awful and distracting and this one didn't really distract me like some do.  I downloaded it as I am sure they'll eventually catch it, maybe.

They can't really fool youtube's system with that, though. The only reason behind not taking down some illegal stuff is that the owner hasn't complained yet and didn't provide them with samples for the automated search.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 10:29:37 PM
Oh I do think that's why they do it.  Otherwise, why put a movie in a small box inside an obnoxious background that is animated or moving video behind?

I've had video pulled for less, for instance, because a University was playing music over their speakers during a game which was going on in the background.

I've also watched movies where not only is there a moving background with the movie in the smaller frame but a commentator - the uploader, speaks and comments during the entire movie.  Now THAT was and is annoying.

Teemeah

Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 10:33:34 PM
They do it because they think they can fool the system with it. Like, some people think if they upload the video without writing out the artist name and song name (or film name), or if they write "fair use" in the description, then it won't be deleted :D some people change the play speed or slightly change the pitch of the song and think they can fool the system with that. AI is becoming more and more intelligent.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 10:34:58 PM
This uploader got creative.   :)  Depends on if you want to crook your neck while watching, though.

Another example.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 10:35:53 PM
They do it because they think they can fool the system with it. Like, some people think if they upload the video without writing out the artist name and song name (or film name), or if they write "fair use" in the description, then it won't be deleted :D some people change the play speed or slightly change the pitch of the song and think they can fool the system with that. AI is becoming more and more intelligent.

Yep, they do all of those things and more.  ;)