Author Topic: Hello from Iowa, USA  (Read 91 times)

LEMONedMe

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Hello from Iowa, USA
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:39:55 AM »
I guess it's about time I say something. LOL.  I know there's not a lot of people around like there were before but at least you all probably responded to this thread and introduced yourselves.

I was first aware of X Japan after hide's death.  I discovered Yoshiki when he collaborated with Roger Taylor of Queen as his drummer and pianist for the song Foreign Sand.  I believe that was in 1994.  I paid close attention to Yoshiki because he was so unique and Roger said he was such a great drummer.  Roger is Queen's drummer as well so if he is good by Roger's standards, that was all I needed to hear.  They also did a song called Final Destination but I do like Foreign Sand much more.

Then I decided I better check out this band, X Japan and as it happens, the first song I played was Endless Rain.  I really loved it and no matter how many others I played, I kept coming back to Endless Rain and listened for hours on end. 

I was on and off for times because I am into so many different bands and my now ex husband is a lead guitarist with heavy influence and interest in Blues and Old Rock.  X is just not his style, no matter how many different youtube videos of X I have sent him and gone on about.  Yes, we are on good terms most of the time. LOL.  But, yea, I was always a Blues fan so I guess I tend to lean more towards things Pata does on the side and just a little bit excited to see that Pata appears to love cats as I do as well.

Now imagine my surprise to find out my son and hide share the same birthday.  My son is much younger of course but from now on, we will celebrate my son's and hide's birthday together.   8) That makes me almost giddy. Hehehe.  My son is being bombarded with X and hide and I read what happened to poor Toshi and the brainwashing which was something I had heard about but never saw any details about it.  My son knows it all, now, as I couldn't keep my mouth shut and kept going on and on.  LOL

I don't know what my favorite songs are because I love almost every single one of them. I just saw a video the other day of Toshi and hide covering KISS' "Hard Luck Woman" and that is the cutest thing I ever heard, not to mention they do such a damn good job of it too!

I have to say, Art Of Life, the live version, knocks my socks off.  WOW!!  I often put that on and on repeat and just keep listening and listening.  The guitar riffs are out of this world.  hide was one of the best guitarists, ever, as far as I am concerned.  So very under rated.  He played thrash style which is very different from the blues guitarists and I love it.  When those guitar solos come on with him and Pata, I just stop and watch and my mouth is probably hanging open.

There are just too many songs to say this one or that one is my favorite. 

Anyway, hello, hello, hello out there and glad to be here!  :)

LEMONedMe

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Iowa, USA
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 01:40:52 AM »
Rookie - ha! To the board, yea, to X, no.  :P  LOL!

akuro no oka

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:19:02 AM »
Welcome!! <3
Tell me why
I want the meaning of my life
Do I try to live, Do I try to love
in my dream

LEMONedMe

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 07:34:16 AM »
Thank you, akuro no oka :) <3

Teemeah

• Fan
  • Endless rain, fall on my heart, kokoro no kizu ni
    • View Profile
    • My Hungarian blog about Asian culture
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:02:28 AM »
welcome and have fun :) It's cool that your son shares his bday with hide :) I'm also  December kid :)
X-ed pretty hard on first listen. My first Japanese band and second Japanese music love after Miyavi.  My Interview with Yoshiki

LEMONedMe

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »
Thanks, Teemeah.  Yea, very cool that my son and hide have their birthdays on the same day.  My mother and father both are December people as well plus a cousin and the rest of us are November.  Strange how that worked out.  ;D

magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
Welcome! Although it's not your first post.  ;)

It's always interesting to hear how everyone found and fell in love with the band.

LEMONedMe

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »
Thanks magucathy and hello! :)

Yea, I guess you can safely say it was Queen's drummer, Roger. who got me interested.  I don't know if I would have ever heard of X Japan, Yoshiki and all the others had it not been for Roger.  But then, again, maybe I would.  I will never know but I sure am glad I did and have.  8)