• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

10 best X-Japan songs according to Yoshiki

Astralmind · 9237

Teemeah

Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 03:21:54 PM
In Hide's defense, his voice is pretty good on that note. Looks like he actually had a great range.  Guitar is pretty nice as well. But yeah, my two year old nephew does a better job at pronouncing words.

hey, I bet your Japanese pronunciation also sucks :P and mine too. :D Actually, for Japanese, English is insanely difficult, for the lack of their distinction between r and l, it sounds the exact same to them. Literally, they have to learn to pronounce each such word one by one. Considering this, Yoshiki does an amazing job in English.

And nobody, nobody can beat this Bulgarian woman, so considering this, Toshi and hide are pretty okay ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqVVv97pKGk

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 04:58:15 PM
I was referring to Light My Fire. Yup, I actually like Rard Ruck Roman too, but mostly Toshi being the awesome vocalist that he is.

Holy cow, I can't even say a single word in Japanese and my Russian teacher laughts openly at my poor face when I try to speak it  8)
All my respect to those dudes, they do a great job at speaking in a language that's so different from their own.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 07:30:59 PM
I will learn Japanese though. it's on my language bucket list now that I discovered X Japan. First need to finish Korean and then heeerrre i coooommmmmee Japaaaaan  8)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 08:59:44 AM
10 best Yoshiki's melodies according to Toshl

Toshl announced his 10 favorite melodies written by Yoshiki at his concert in 2016.

1. Longing ~跡切れたmelody~
2. Crucify My Love
3. Silent Jealousy
4. 紅
5. Unfinished
6. Say Anything
7. Tears
8. 愛する人よ
9. Without You
10.Endless Rain

http://blueverse.at.webry.info/201611/article_4.html

Teemeah

Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 11:39:02 AM
I'm not surprised that Art of Life is not there. :) Poor Toshi, i BET he hates that song :D

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 02:30:04 AM
What I really wonder is that if Toshl watched the prompter or not on stage when he performed "Art of Life". I can hardly memorize the lyrics, even the short songs. Toshl looks so great if he didn't watch the prompter at all singing the whole of "Art of Life" which is so long and written in English.

Teemeah

Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 09:55:47 AM
They practiced vocals for over a year, every single day. I bet he knew the lyrics back then by heart, syllable by syllable. don't forget, he also had to practice with an English teacher. I am pretty sure that the words had become engraved in his brain during the course of a full year only recording one song. :) And I'm pretty sure he hated that song fervently. Because this was the song that ultimately shook his own self-confidence and he started doubting himself as a singer.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 01:04:31 PM
Yes, I also believe that Toshl memorized the lyrics perfectly back then. But performance in front of audience is another thing. For example, singers who have a long career sometimes make mistakes when they sing the national anthem in a baseball stadium. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBr8Ikys3-U (This is very funny ㅋㅋ)
 I mean the national anthem which is 1/100 length of AOL, written in native language, and which they'd sang thousands of times since they were kids. And Yoshiki said Toshl often mistakes lyrics.

* Sorry about the unrelated comment ㅜㅜ

Teemeah

Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 02:31:16 PM
People do make mistakes. It happens. Nobody is perfect (and people might also get nervous at such special occassions that ar enot their usual playground. A baseball stadium filled with people who don't necessarily like you as a musician can intimidate even the best of singers.)

X Japan didn't really perform Art of Life live that many times though, in its full length. And I think we will never see that song performed again in full length, because it would be too much for Yoshiki's health to drum and play the piano for a full 30 minutes without a single break. The other members get to have breaks in that song, Toshi also doesn't have to sing the full 30 minutes, because there are guitar solo breaks, piano break and also the verses read by the female voice, but Yoshiki performs all through the 30 minutes.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 05:54:33 PM
Toshi's list is definitely closer to my own one than Yoshiki's is. Doesn't surprise me it leans heavily towards the ballads, they play to his strengths, and he sings them so beautifully.
I think Yoshiki keeps his real ranking to himself, I just can't believe he really thinks BTBF is his best song
(actually, I can't believe anyone would... but I'm biased, since I strongly dislike it).

Teemeah

Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 08:24:31 PM
Yes, but Yoshiki's list is the best X Japan songs, and Toshi's list is the best melodies Yoshiki composed. They overlap, but Toshi actually has a song on his list that is not an X Japan song:  愛する人よ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El2vTiY6SIk

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 02:33:39 PM
People do make mistakes. It happens. Nobody is perfect (and people might also get nervous at such special occassions that ar enot their usual playground. A baseball stadium filled with people who don't necessarily like you as a musician can intimidate even the best of singers.)

Neither I nor Yoshiki is blaming Toshl's mistakes and forcing him to be perfect. Yoshiki talked about it in Yoshiki channel to encourage his kouhai who made a mistake in lyrics. And Toshl himself talked about it, too. Toshl's mistakes didn't happen at baseball stadiums. It used to happen at normal venues. Old fans say that a lot of good footage have been edited out from X Japan live albums and DVDs due to Toshl's mistakes. I wonder what Toshl's face would be like when he makes a mistake. I haven't noticed it yet. Maybe he will look very cute

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 03:40:09 PM
I just can't believe he really thinks BTBF is his best song (actually, I can't believe anyone would... but I'm biased, since I strongly dislike it).

Thank you. If I had to choose one X Japan song to delete from history, it'd be that one. It could've been decent with a better arrangement but that chorus ruined any hope that song ever had, sounds like a bad mid 00's Bon Jovi outtake.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: February 23, 2018, 05:45:10 AM
It could've been decent with a better arrangement but that chorus ruined any hope that song ever had, sounds like a bad mid 00's Bon Jovi outtake.
Yeah, the chorus feels so generic and ordinary in words and music. And that verse rocks well enough, but is created with the same template used already in IV and Jade.
So I hope the album tracks will be more exciting and less safely played (can't wait to hear Kiss the sky).

Offline satanarchist

• I believe in a madness called "now"
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 12, 2024, 11:38:48 PM
1) Art of Life
2) Orgasm 7" version
3) Kurenai (Rockin' F flexi)
4) Stab Me in the Back (Jealousy version)
5) Vanishing Love (Vanishing Vison)
6) Blue Blood
7) I'll Kill You (DaDa Record 7")
8)Jade (CD Single)
9) X (Orgasm 7")
10) Endless Rain (single)

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 16, 2024, 03:47:01 PM
1) Art of Life
2) Orgasm 7" version
3) Kurenai (Rockin' F flexi)
4) Stab Me in the Back (Jealousy version)
5) Vanishing Love (Vanishing Vison)
6) Blue Blood
7) I'll Kill You (DaDa Record 7")
8)Jade (CD Single)
9) X (Orgasm 7")
10) Endless Rain (single)
Great list!
I'd only switch I'll kill you for Sadistic desire and Jade for Dahlia.
And I find Born to be free to be almost as boring as Hero.