• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Very beautiful hide

kayabee · 18742

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 08:46:35 AM
Then it must have been more like:

Kijak: So I was thinking of including this sequence of you drumming half naked---
Yoshiki: Make it slow motion.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 11:19:15 AM
yes please, and zoom in. really close.   ;D

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 04:57:28 AM
hide was so beautiful and talented. For some reason i've been feeling sad about his death lately, even though he died when i was barely a year old. He was someone whose art could only be understood by those who didn't think like an average person.

He seemed like someone who touched everyones hearts.

Also, i dind't realize how different hide did look without makeup. I could still tell it was him thought. He was attractive either way soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo im js haha

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 07:10:55 AM
Ahhhhhh  :)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 08:26:39 AM
Happy birthday, hide-chan. You would have turned 53 today.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 10:02:57 AM
Woah, can't help but wonder what he would have looked like at age 53. I liked the guy very much, even if he died when I was seven and not at all into metal at the time (duh!).

I guess he was a natural-born artist, we'll probably never really know the full extent of his talents. Hide was a great musician, a kickass fashionista, an awesome hair and make up artist, he also drew, wrote poetry, film scripts, cooked... To top it off, he had a very one of a kind physique and made a great photo model. It's insane that his work still looks modern after 30 years and that people are still crying over him after all this time. In the context of a human lifetime, 20 years is an insane amount of time. I don't feel sad that Freddie Mercury or David Bowie or any other of my idols died (humans die, you know). Yet I feel kind of sad for this guy. Something about his life seems like it was left unfinished.

The other day, while I was watching We Are X for the 100th time in Paris, a kid no older than 15 sat behind me in full Xfangirl paraphernalia and cried like there was no tomorrow when they talked about his death. Bro, if you can make a kid born way after you died cry over that, you must have done something very right in your lifetime.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:02:42 PM by matsumoto »

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
I agree that it would be something to see what he would look like, now.  I suspect he wouldn't have pink hair or use nearly as much make-up but maybe he would.  Somehow, I don't think that would be so attractive on a man of 53 as it would on a man in his early 30s, though.  Might look rather foolish.  I suppose it would depend on how he aged and what he actually looked like without that makeup compared to what he looked like back in 1998. etc.

For me, he was so damn cute near the end and damn near or WAS elegant when he was younger with his hair all spiked so high, wearing all the makeup, jewelry and elaborate clothing.

But I've read a lot about him and Mayuko and must say, I am so impressed with his behavior with her situation.   I am enthralled, even.  He was a real saint, doing what he did.  He dropped everything he was doing and transformed from a rocker into a caretaker who really, REALLY cared about this young girl whose life seemed to depend on him.  And after her surgery and her blood pressure was going so out of whack it was going to kill her, he dropped everything and ran to be by her side, again, then wrote her the song, Misery, for when she was better.  Sorta a rejoicing of her life after nearly dying.  That impressed me so much, I almost cried.  I think I did cry.  What a wonderful soul he had.  What a beautiful person he was, inside and out.  I will not forget that.  I am sure she never will, either. 

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 12, 2017, 02:19:14 PM
Considering that he changed his style at a pretty fast rate (his hairdo and color changed every other month between 1997 and 1998), he would probably have gone through a bunch of different styles we can't even dream of.  Neon camo Hide, hippie unicorn Hide, salad steampunk Hide, blue glitter sumo fighter Hide...  8)

I have no idea how that would translate onto a middle-aged dude, though. Unlike Yoshiki, who's all diet and exercise and botox, it seems that Hide didn't take very good care of himself. Smoking 5 packs a day, getting pissed drunk every other night and his weird bulimia thing would probably have either given him cancer or made him look like your average out-of-era rockstar mofo. Too bad because I agree with LEMONedMe, he had a strangely elegant figure, he was somehow very plesant to look at.

I don't know much about Mayuko, except that she died towards 2009. Not sure Hide did a lot more than raising awareness about her condition, telling people that donating bone marrow is cool and cheering up that poor child. Which is a lot, actually. We have a lot of celebs who kind of act as ambassadors to those causes in the West, but appearently it wasn't a widespread practice in Japan at the time. Yup, he sounded like a cool guy.

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 10:32:57 AM
I agree, hide did have a beautiful physique. I'm surprised he looked that good when he was smoking heavily and getting drunk off his face almost every night. If we did get to see him at 53, I don't think he would look that stunning anymore though because the alcohol and smoking would probably have taken its toll on him. My favorite hairstyle hide did must have to be the huge red hair he did around 1993-1994, though it was probably very heavy and uncomfortable to wear for long concerts and photo shoots. I also love the clothes he wore at the time but then again, I love all of hide's clothes haha  :D   

I agree with kayabee, even without makeup I still find him beautiful, but his face truly looks different with makeup on. I sort of wish he showed his face without makeup more, but it was his personal decision to not show his no-makeup face to the public and I can respect that. Either way, he is stunning to look at  ;D

Teemeah

Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 09:10:49 AM
Pinterest-digging  ;D He was truly a "photomodel", with a very versatile face. No wonder photographers loved him. Of course we can argue that it's the makeup, but truth is, there are some people whose faces are suitable for makeup, while others won't achieve anything special even with makeup on. I'm a woman but my face just doesn't work with makeup. I had a professional makeup artist do my face and I tell you guys, I looked worse than without the paint. LOLZ  ;D You need to have the right bone structure for this to really work. Especially theatrical, exaggerated makeup. I'm going to cosplay hide in a few days at a convention but no matter how much pro help I got in making the otherwise simple eye makeup, it just doesn't look nearly as enchanting. :D I will be a very por cosplayer, I'm afraid. LOL :D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 09:54:42 AM
Agree, asian faces with high cheekbones and tiny noses like that often look awesome in make up. Plus he looks really dainty. Make that guy wear a potato sack, it'll look like high fashion.

Teemeah

Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 10:01:03 AM
Yeah, on the contrary, if I wear a potato sack, i will look like a potato in a sack :D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 10:43:25 AM
Close, but not close enough. My shirt.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 10:44:37 AM
I think his nose was damn perfect.  I'm a nose freak. lolololoolol

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: March 28, 2018, 11:46:08 AM
Yeah, on the contrary, if I wear a potato sack, i will look like a potato in a sack :D

HAHAHA, worry not Teemeah. Even if I don't wear a potato sack, I sometimes still look like a potato in a sack!

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #45 on: June 28, 2019, 12:01:08 AM
Reviving this thread because it seems no one logs on anymore and i got some photos that i've never seen before.

Offline TinaS

• View Profile
Reply #46 on: December 05, 2019, 06:35:46 AM
HI, a new fan here, wow what an amazing group, and yes hide was beautiful..though I can't see the ones w/out makeup; maybe links are gone? but thanks for new (old) photos; wow