• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Very beautiful hide

kayabee · 18737

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
on: October 28, 2017, 01:44:24 AM
No one has posted about hide in a while. So, I decided to share a few photo's that i really liked! :-*

Offline akuro no oka

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 07:03:05 AM
When watching him he stands out above the crowd a lot visually, I think he's really cool. I think a lot of it is to do with his hair/colour scheme + I think he's just naturally attractive.

Tell me why
I want the meaning of my life
Do I try to live, Do I try to love
in my dream

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 07:34:28 AM
When watching him he stands out above the crowd a lot visually, I think he's really cool. I think a lot of it is to do with his hair/colour scheme + I think he's just naturally attractive.

Very true. I mean besides looks, yoshiki did say that before he was in X he would eat raw meat on stage. He was born to stand out. He did it well and beautifully

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 08:35:12 AM
That pretty motherfucker would have made a kickass model.

Does anyone know if he wore wigs or if that was actually his real hair? Looks like real hair on the second picture.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline akuro no oka

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:57:04 AM
That pretty motherfucker would have made a kickass model.

Does anyone know if he wore wigs or if that was actually his real hair? Looks like real hair on the second picture.

I believe it was his real hair. Although in concerts like Art of Life 1993, he is wearing a wig I'm 99% sure. But in the pictures shown, they're most likely real. They look real to me anyway, if they were wigs I'd be impressed XD.

Tell me why
I want the meaning of my life
Do I try to live, Do I try to love
in my dream

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 02:03:29 PM
Bombshell announcement: Hide was actually bald and it was all wigs.  ;D

I vote 40% wigs, 30% extensions and 30% real hair. In his younger years you can see it's his real hair and it's very damaged at the ends. With the kind of products they used in the late 80s and early 90s to bleach and dye hair, you can't get those flawless, shiny locks he sported sometimes.

Doesn't matter, dude still had better hair than I do.

Teemeah

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 04:05:24 PM
They probably used extensions. Yoshiki sure did in his V2 era, but his hair before that was natural I think. Toshi too. I think, hide's hair was probably his own+extensions. The thing I'm wondering is if he had these hairdo ideas himself? Since he was a hairdresser by profession. And if he ever did his bandmates' hair before they got famous and had dedicated staff to do it.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 06:49:44 PM
Bombshell announcement: Hide was actually bald and it was all wigs.  ;D

I vote 40% wigs, 30% extensions and 30% real hair. In his younger years you can see it's his real hair and it's very damaged at the ends. With the kind of products they used in the late 80s and early 90s to bleach and dye hair, you can't get those flawless, shiny locks he sported sometimes.

Doesn't matter, dude still had better hair than I do.

I feel like it was his real hair and extensions. especially with his hair like this

Because in that photo you can see how it's layered unevenly. Or it is his real hair and he just cut a ton of layers into it to be able to tease it the way he did (flashback to my cringeworthy scene phase of doing the same and failing), but I think some of it was extensions. I never knew he wore a wig, I mean i know he's had some crazy ahir, especially in the 80's, but i mean... it was the 80's so i just assumed it was his real hair.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 09:33:21 AM
They probably used extensions. Yoshiki sure did in his V2 era, but his hair before that was natural I think. Toshi too. I think, hide's hair was probably his own+extensions. The thing I'm wondering is if he had these hairdo ideas himself? Since he was a hairdresser by profession. And if he ever did his bandmates' hair before they got famous and had dedicated staff to do it.

I guess he did. I once read his mom's interview and she says he was already doing the upright hair when he was in beauty school. Looks like he did that style on the models for the final year's fashion show. He also said at one point that he used to do his own hair himself around their debut, then it grew too long and somebody else had to do it for him. He also said it took about two and a half bottles of hairspray and 3 hours to make it stand like that.  ;D

As for kayabee, in pics like that I guess it's his real hair, indeed. Look at the damaged ends. Also, when he wears a hat it means he's not wearing a wig, he wore them to hide the roots.  ;D Awesome red shade, btw.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 01:29:24 AM

I guess he did. I once read his mom's interview and she says he was already doing the upright hair when he was in beauty school. Looks like he did that style on the models for the final year's fashion show. He also said at one point that he used to do his own hair himself around their debut, then it grew too long and somebody else had to do it for him. He also said it took about two and a half bottles of hairspray and 3 hours to make it stand like that.  ;D

As for kayabee, in pics like that I guess it's his real hair, indeed. Look at the damaged ends. Also, when he wears a hat it means he's not wearing a wig, he wore them to hide the roots.  ;D Awesome red shade, btw.
Wow, it took him 3 hours? Can you imagine have to bruh out his hair? I wonder how he did it.

His style was amazing. It's hard for me to tell when he wears a wig so I'm curious

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 10:16:06 AM
Yeah I wonder how long it took to brush it all off as well  :o

I once teased my hair and sprayed it like crazy for Halloween - I had to wash it for HOURS (no joke) and coat it with a full bottle of conditioner before I could begin to untangle it. Would never do it again. Those poor guys.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 01:01:41 PM
Yeah I wonder how long it took to brush it all off as well  :o

I once teased my hair and sprayed it like crazy for Halloween - I had to wash it for HOURS (no joke) and coat it with a full bottle of conditioner before I could begin to untangle it. Would never do it again. Those poor guys.

my hair is so damaged from dyeing it that when i teased it i just had to brush it out dry because it would pull and break off if i brushed it while wet. It was like brushing wet barbie hair.

the 80's was a different time lol, everyone probably had tough scalps when it came to styling

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 01:05:51 PM
Agreed. 80s babies were a different breed - super tough scalps included  8)

Teemeah

Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 02:19:54 PM
I do think it was mostly his own hair. There are photos where you can see his roots.

See the roots at the front? The back is definitely extensions.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 09:52:55 AM
I do think it was mostly his own hair. There are photos where you can see his roots.

To me, that looks like a top piece that he's got lifted up or is setting in place on top of his head.  I think the roots were on purpose, TBH.  Everywhere I see this type of style, the roots are dark.

In Toshi's book, Toshi said when he went to the hospital to view hide's body before they took him away to the funeral home or morgue, his hair wasn't pink or red anymore.  Just plain or ordinary.   That sounds to me like someone took the wig off when they examined him.  So he would have had to have been wearing something like a partial wig or top piece - something like that. 

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 10:49:47 AM
where in Toshi's book did you read that? I haven't see any such claim in Toshi's book, and I read that book 3 times. What I remember is that Toshi hardly made it to the funeral even, he had to run and rush, take a taxi and run really fast, because he got permission from Masaya to attend the funeral the very last minute only. How would he have time to see hide's body in the hospital???

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 10:56:22 AM
where in Toshi's book did you read that? I haven't see any such claim in Toshi's book, and I read that book 3 times. What I remember is that Toshi hardly made it to the funeral even, he had to run and rush, take a taxi and run really fast, because he got permission from Masaya to attend the funeral the very last minute only. How would he have time to see hide's body in the hospital???

I am pretty sure it was ToshI who said that.  I can't highlight and copy what is there because of the format.  Maybe I can find it and type it out.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 12:15:00 PM
OK, my mistake, sorry.  It must have been Hiroshi who said that about hide and his hair when he went to see him before they took him away.  I am very busy editing and shooting video so I can't look any further at the moment but I will try to find it later today when this is all over with for the day.  It's 6:14am, here. LOL

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 07:25:49 PM
On an interview he filmed on May 1st he was wearing a hat, but you could see he had bits of pink and black hair spiking out. But pink is super hard to maintain on bleached hair, it washes out super fast.

I have a couple of really rare pictures of him where you can see his non-pink bleached hair:

https://imgur.com/a/yniKu

Also, funny fact, Hide wore glasses. According to both Yoshiki and Hiroshi, he had shitty eyesight.  :o
Another funny fact he once mentioned. Appearently his face looked so different without make up he could go out and shop in department stores like your avearge Joe and was never recognized by fans nor acquaintances.

Teemeah

Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 08:59:17 PM
Yeah I also remember in Yoshiki's book he says that he had to drive the van at night because hide couldn't see properly in the darkness and no one else had a driving licence at the time. Hide's last pink hairdo was his own hair, I am pretty darn sure about it. His bigger previous hairdos were his own hair with lots of extensions, i think. It would have been seriously demanding to wear a wig during a 3 hour concert, wigs are extremely uncomfortable. Also, he was never photographed otherwise even backstage.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 09:36:53 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that one! He probably had night blindness (it's an actual condition). Funny thing, though, I can't quite imagine that dude sitting on an armchair and pulling out his glasses to read the newspaper. Way too normal for a dude like him.

Indeed, the short pink 'do looks real. However, in someone's book (not sure which anymore), they mention that his body was displayed to family and friends with his favourite pink wig laid down beside him. (LOL, by the way. If someone needs extra hair in the afterlife, this is the dude).

I'm actually surprised there are very few pictures of him with his hair undone. Did he just *never* show up in public without the puffy hair or did he threaten to assassinate whoever dared to picture him otherwise?

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 09:43:11 AM
I found a video of hide with apparently no makeup or wig.  Looks like a bar or restaurant with dark lighting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lfrZOkgqhg

Teemeah

Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 10:06:07 AM
I found a video of hide with apparently no makeup or wig.  Looks like a bar or restaurant with dark lighting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lfrZOkgqhg

I think this is already his short hair phase, and because of the hat we don't see what's below. It definitely is late 90s because the sign on the video says Internet, and Internet started to spread in Japan around 1996 according to articles I read.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 10:12:17 AM
Still, no or very little makeup  8)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 11:08:27 AM
Yup, wouldn't recognize him if I saw him around. He has that kind of face that completely transforms under makeup.

Teemeah

Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 11:15:57 AM
His no makeup state can be seen in We Are X too.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 02:20:10 PM
I can totally see the guy watching the documentary in the afterlife and throwing a fit because Yoshiki dared to show footage of him barefaced.  ;D

Teemeah

Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 02:26:45 PM
I can totally see the guy watching the documentary in the afterlife and throwing a fit because Yoshiki dared to show footage of him barefaced.  ;D

Although Yoshiki claims he had no authority whatsoever over the content, so in theory, hide may toss a hissy fit at Stephen Kijak and his editors. ;)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 03:54:07 PM
Yoshiki *claims* he didn't have any authority over the content. Meanwhile, at Kijak's...

Kijak: I really thought this sequence was interesting and important for----
Yoshiki: ASSHOLE. Everyone can see my dilated pores on that shot. You delete that or you're fired.

Teemeah

Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 04:07:00 PM
Yoshiki *claims* he didn't have any authority over the content. Meanwhile, at Kijak's...

Kijak: I really thought this sequence was interesting and important for----
Yoshiki: ASSHOLE. Everyone can see my dilated pores on that shot. You delete that or you're fired.

haha. but you CAN see his pores even. I have the bluray and a large lcd tv, super high definition in slow mo, you can see EVERYTHING.

I'm obsessed with the sequence of Yoshiki drumming half naked in slow motion at the beginning. You can see his biceps bump up and down and his bare skin in ultra high definition. Holy sheesh. :D I'm drooling just thinking about it.

//goes to hide in a pit in embarrassment//