Author Topic: Hi from Germany  (Read 110 times)

Larool

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hi from Germany
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »
Hello X-Freaks!

I actually wanted to join this forum 7 years ago, but never felt ”fan enough“.
Back in 2007 some of my friends who were X Japan fans absolutely wanted to get me interested in the band. That was before the reunion and everything about the band was pure nostalgia and lots of drama, and I couldn’t really be bothered …
Changed my mind 3 years later after watching some live videos and X getting active again.  I’m not the most devoted fan though. I quite like them as a phenomenon and the verve and energy of their live shows.
But I read practically everything X that has ever been translated into English, interviews, biographies …

My friend and me saw them live in Berlin in 2011 which was an amazing experience! They are a great live band and quite sympathetic, too.We were standing very close to the stage and Yoshiki interacted a lot with the fans. He seemed a likeable guy, very emotional and quite fun. The other members were a lot more reserved, but it was cool to see them. Had to remind myself all the time that it was not a super HD video, but the real thing.

It’s a shame they didn’t do anything much after the 2011 tour. I had really hoped to see them more often. (My friends have finally lost interest in the band, can’t blame them …) I’ve given up on the new album or any groundbreaking new music from X Japan at all, but hey I’m keeping my mind open for surprises …

Anyway, it’s 2017, and I’m going to Berlin to watch „We are X“. I’d sure love to meet some X-Freaks! My band member wanted to come, but cannot make it, so I’ll be by myself …
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:53:46 AM by Larool »

Teemeah

• Fan
  • Endless rain, fall on my heart, kokoro no kizu ni
    • View Profile
    • My Hungarian blog about Asian culture
Re: Hi from Germany
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »
Hi Larool! Welcome to the forum :) I'm also going to see the screening, in Vienna. Have fun!
X-ed pretty hard on first listen. My first Japanese band and second Japanese music love after Miyavi.

Larool

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »
Thanks Teemah! Wow, Vienna, that's a great place. Hope you have a great time there. There are quite a few interesting locations on Yoshiki's list. I wonder how many X-Fans there are in Iceland …  :)

nb

• Sunday Listener
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
Hi Larool,

grüße aus Braunschweig  ;)

positively unsure。

Larool

• Rookie