• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki is all around Europe this October

Guest · 5573

Teemeah

on: September 05, 2017, 11:45:37 AM
So, he will visit London, Berlin, Paris and Stockholm (so far, who knows where else he might pop up), events listed at https://www.facebook.com/pg/wearexfilm/events/ and will have Q&As along with We Are X screenings. I wish he would come a little closer to Central Europe though. Hey, Yoshiki, there are X fans over here, too! Not just Wesern Europe exists. :) Look a little right on the map and you'll discover whole new countries  ;D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 01:46:48 PM
Yey, going to see him in Paris for the third time this year  ;D

I'm just a litte sad the other X guys never do anything of the sort - would totally love to meet Pata and Toshi.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 09:55:42 PM
Lame

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 04:03:19 AM
*psst* Ne, ne, Yoshiki. Come back to L.A., I got another friend who I want to introduce to X Japan.

(Plus, I'm still super freakin' salty over being at ditched at Anime Expo. Make up for it with another round in L.A. [plz]!)

But srsly, that's cool for European fans who haven't seen it yet.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 04:37:42 PM
....also, he's going to Finland! I'm super happy for all the Finnish fans! :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Teemeah

Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 06:04:31 PM
I wish he would come closer to Central Europe...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 09:16:32 AM
He could indeed visit different locations. A lot of people in southern France are upset he only ever comes Paris. But I guess he doesn't choose that himself. They probably do a market study of where the fans are and where they are willing to go and send him there. I've seen him in Paris twice this year already but I damn sure will be there a third time!  :P

Again, I'm just kind of sad he never brings the other guys along. C'mon Toshi, leave your kitchen for once and come meet your international fans!

Teemeah

Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 10:33:57 AM
Yeah I guess language barrier is a great thing for the other guys. And probably Yoshiki is doing all this touring now because he is afraid to lie down and rest, probably thinking he would die if he stopped to move. He has been working non-stop since his surgery, has more public appearances than in the past 3 years altogether...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 02:16:31 PM
Yes, it's likely to be that. But couldn't they hire a Jap interpreter? Fans in Europe aren't all fluent in English either, nobody would look down on them if they spoke funny. Plus Toshi speaks decent English. He even came to Japan Expo with Yoshiki once, but never showed up in Europe anymore. Maybe he doesn't like airplanes? Or maybe he doesn't like Europe, why.

As for Yoshiki never resting, I think his management might play a role. With the album being postponed a kazillion times, they're probably afraid the international fan community will dwindle and utimately forget about them. Say, around 2006, this forum was SUPER active, they even did a huge meetup in Paris when one of their world tour concerts got postoned. There were japs, americans, frenchies, brits, people from iceland, you name it. People from all over the world were posting pics of their X tattoos on the Pictures of you thread. We were all here in 2008, live streaming the reunion concerts and commenting every single song. Toshi's voice was terrible on the first night. Yoshiki collapsed midway through and some crazy dude here was saying he had been confirmed dead by the jap press. Most of us called it bullshit but the chat room here went bonkers. People were already preparing a gathering for his funeral. I was 17 at the time and that guy was a big deal to me so I shed a tear too. I remember the rush of joy when I saw him opening the second night's concert at the piano in a red shirt. It was 6 am and I hadn't slept that night. OMG OMG guys he isn't ded! It was super funny.

Those were great times. It was like an X lan party when they streamed lives. Does anyone have a new mirror? was the golden line. We knew everything about what they were doing backstage by stalking the Myspace accounts of staff and assistants and we had a blast trying to figure out whether or nor this random figure in the background was Taiji. Or whose girlfriend the random model could be. Or why Sugizo had named his kid such a funny name. I went on a long hiatus and when I came back, 10 years later, the community had shrunk considerably. Only the die-hard fans remain. The kind of fans that will cross Europe just to see Yoshiki at a random joint eating a burger (well, more like doing a We Are X premiere, but you get the point). His travelling to meet fans in person here and there are his way of keeping the community alive, IMO. Nobody sticks that long (at least not in full-blow fanboy/girl mode) if a band hasn't released an album in 20+ years. It's a shame. I miss the old days so bad.

Teemeah

Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:07 PM
Well, things always change. We cannot expect it to remain like it was before. Also, forums generally started to decline once facebook and SNS in general started to push people to other platforms. Other band forums (and other forums) I used to frequent are dying too. Forums, as well as chat rooms, used to be all the rage at the beginning of the century. I was hanging out quite some time on my fave band forums and spent nights commenting away :) Nowadays everyone is on facebook or instagram instead. I also spend more time on my FB timeline than anywhere else on the internet. It is also easier to chat with people, more instant, don't have to reload this friggin page a thousand times to see if someone replied to a post, I get a notification. Forums are dead programs in general, look at the software of this one, it doesn't even have video embedding or proper formatting tools. Insert FTP link button? LOL :) SOOOOO 20th century :)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 10:08:20 AM
True story! But in general, I find that the X community has shrunk considerably. On IG and FB it's mostly the Japanese fans that comment and post. The English-speaking community doesn't seem as big as it used to be. It's hard to find English blogs on the band as well.  :(

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 07:18:56 PM
Sorry to butt into your conversation, but I agree it's very difficult to find active English speaking X Japan blogs. I still enjoy following Japanese blogs, but I wish I could understand what they were saying lol. On IG I follow 1 English speaking X account and about 10 Japanese speaking accounts.  :(

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 09:41:32 AM
Pretty difficult to find old footage and interviews of the band subbed in English as well. Guys, if you know of good and active English-speaking X communities (on FB, IG, whatever) please post the links here! I really wish I was in contact with more X fans!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 05:58:11 PM
They just added a bunch of cities with more to come later....

https://www.facebook.com/XJapan/photos/a.669975649718291.1073741825.124298817619313/1404859632896552/?type=3&theater

......Iceland.......... o_O

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 09:54:56 PM
I wish he would come closer to Central Europe...
Well I guess Berlin is the closest city to the eastern part of Europe he will visit. And damn if that's not super-awesome.  :D

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 09:04:09 AM
Well there are more cities coming, maybe they add Barcelona or Madrid and Vienna at least?

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 01:06:09 PM
His travel plan doesn't make a lot of sense, though. North, then south, then back north, a city a day...  :o Get ready for plenty of IG posts of him sleeping on a plane and complaining he's tired. And Iceland, seriously? Why doesn't he pick three main capitals and take his time to actually meet the fans and do some fun stuff? I mean, I love to see him at his Q&As but it gets boring. He sits there for twenty minutes answering a couple of questions that he's already answered a kazillion times (think, Fan: Yoshiki-san, does your arm hurt? Y: Mmm yes, a lot)

He doesn't have THOSE MANY fans in Europe that he couldn't handle doing a bit of a face-to-face meet and greets. In Paris he filled a little theatre that holds about 100 people. Why doesn't he privatize a little venue and do a thing with 50 fans at a time, like having a drink with them, share a bunch of funny stories, sign some autographs, have some crying kids tell him they love him more than their own mom, whatever. And bring Pata so I can give him a pat in the back. He obviously can't do that in Japan or the crow would eat him alive, but it's totally doable in Europe, where a max of 150 people will attend this type of event.

C'MON, YOSHIKI's MANAGEMENT, be a little creative.  ;)

Teemeah

Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 07:40:07 AM
He is coming to WIEN. I got my ticket yesterday. :) I have to see this guy live :D i'm so broke now, I just came back from a trip to Korea, LOL. But even if I have to give my last pennies, i gotta go! Anyone coming to Wien?

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 12:58:42 PM
I'll be going to Amsterdam again :D

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Teemeah

Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 10:29:08 AM
Yoshiki says, believe it or not, X Japan's new album is "almost ready" :DDDDDD

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaDeshhAHkS/

Thanks Yocchan :D :D LOLOL

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 01:20:39 PM
Yoshiki for president.

Believe it or not, fellow citizens, I've *almost* ended world hunger, war and terrorism. And I'm *almost* done with Yoshikicare.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 04:57:42 PM
Yoshiki says, believe it or not, X Japan's new album is "almost ready" :DDDDDD

your mom, yosh!

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 10:13:24 PM
I met him in Vienna, we talked a little. He is super nice and down to earth, very patient and soft spoken, even though he looked really tired, he didn't rush anyone. He looks fragile up close, thinned down a lot. I was surprised I couldn't detect any perfume smell on him, I thought he would be bathing in luxury fragrances. I was afraid of being disappointed after meeting him in person but quite the contrary, he was super cool without trying to be cool, if you know what I mean? Effortlessly. He really is like a magnet, and people were seriously in awe, people who never even knew who he was, became instant fans. Whatever some say, this guy is a genius with marketing and PR skills, and despite all his flaws and broken promises, he managed to make it look like it's all going to be ok. And by the way, album is next spring. (Yeah, I know what your reaction will be to this :D)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 11:28:48 PM
I met him in Vienna, we talked a little. He is super nice and down to earth, very patient and soft spoken, even though he looked really tired, he didn't rush anyone. He looks fragile up close, thinned down a lot. I was surprised I couldn't detect any perfume smell on him, I thought he would be bathing in luxury fragrances. I was afraid of being disappointed after meeting him in person but quite the contrary, he was super cool without trying to be cool, if you know what I mean? Effortlessly. He really is like a magnet, and people were seriously in awe, people who never even knew who he was, became instant fans. Whatever some say, this guy is a genius with marketing and PR skills, and despite all his flaws and broken promises, he managed to make it look like it's all going to be ok. And by the way, album is next spring. (Yeah, I know what your reaction will be to this :D)

I've given you some heat in your time as a member on this board but that's a really cool experience, getting to meet him. I used to really wish to have that opportunity but as of the past few years, the urge has kind of died down. I think I'd still ask him a lot of the same questions, like more specific questions about the production of the music rather than newcomer questions like what was your fav. band growing up, etc.

You realize you just dropped a hand grenade on us with that album hint, right? lol you should give us more context. Did you flat out ask him "When's the album releasing?" I'd like to know the dialogue you had with him about that. Man....how many "next spring's" has it been for this thing? *sigh* I guess he understands that the wise thing to do would be to tour shortly after the album release in order to support it. By then, he's had more time to recover....hopefully be able to drum.

Teemeah

Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 09:28:04 AM
Yeah, so I was part of the press (I write music related stuff in Hungary for magazines). He was really tired, and most of the time he was trying to answer the questions with his usual answers but I managed to throw him out of his routine a couple of times. :D Regarding the album, there is nothing secret about it, this interview will go up on the internet, anyway. :) I asked him if we will get the new album as a Christmas present. Then he straight away answered "next spring" and went on to say that because it is a worldwide release this time, they need more time to arrange stuff (he meant I think distribution contracts and technicalities of a worldwide release and not recording).

Outside of interview time, he was really nice as well, even though it was already very late and his schedule was already in delay, he asked questions about my trip to Vienna, we talked a little about Rose of Pain that was inspired by Lady Báthory, a Hungarian noblewoman of notoriety, and some small talk. I managed to make him laugh a couple of times. He really really looked very tired. But still, he treated everyone really well, and his crew was awesome, too. It definitely was a huge surprise, very positive experience.

I went to the screening and Q&A with a friend who has not even heard of X Japan before, and she came away totally floored, we had to listen to X songs on the way back home (3 hour drive). (and she is absolutely not the fangirling type of person!) Austrian journalists I talked to were also pretty impressed. Believe me, Yoshiki KNOWS what he is doing, even if it sometimes seems like he is haphazard. I'll post the interiew link here once it is up. Though most things in there are his usual responses, it is pretty difficult to surprise him. What he doesn't want to tell, he won't.

Offline Larool

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 06:02:55 PM
Teemah, nice to hear you had a great time! :) Looking forward to reading your interview. How was the Q&A part?

I had a wonderful time in Berlin as well. I can only agree: Yoshiki is very nice, sympathetic and has a great sense of humor.
After seeing a few Q&As he'd done at comic cons and such, I honestly didn't expect too much, neither from the questions nor from the answers. When they told us that he had just given 17 interviews, my spirits sank. He was in a great mood however, very enthusiastic and obviously quite happy to meet fans. He answered every question elaborately, and even added some depth to those that seemed superficial or even irrelevant to anybody else but the inquirer. Thank goodness, most questions were quite decent.
I was rather amazed at the absence of screaming fangirls …
Oh yeah, the infamous new album … If I remember correctly, nobody even asked about it, but Yoshiki started the topic himself and totally got himself into a downward spiral of justifications and promises …  ;D He was kinda funny though …

I was extremly lucky to sit very much in the front, and he came up to us after the Q&A. (Not sure how or why this even happened. He had practically already been leaving, and the exit was in the other direction.) He looks much thinner than he did when I last saw him in 2011. Fragile and sort of rigid, too. He will probably be totally burnt out after this tour.  :(

Teemeah

Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 08:07:10 PM
Yeah the Q&A was nice, too, although there were some questions that were totally "seriously, go read his Wikipedia article, dude!" :D There was a guy who asked him who his musical influences were. I mean, seriously, I think every fan knows this. Most people shared their stories, how they were depressed or suicidal and how X's music saved them, and some of them cried. There were quite a few Japanese people asking questions in Japanese, and the host of course didn't understand, and Yoshiki was joking that he came to Vienna to translate for himself :D One guy managed to give him his Yoshiki inspired artwork, that got a round of applause.

He does look very fragile, that was my first thought as well, when I saw him walk in for the interview. I was even worried to shake his hand. He thinned down a LOT. I guess that he couldn't really eat properly after the operation. I asked him how copes with this crazy schedule, but he said that because he likes what he is doing, he is fine with it.