News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki becomes first Japanese male on the cover of Japanese Vogue

Guest · 2663

Teemeah

Yoshiki has become the first Japanese male ever to be on the cover of the Japanese Vogue magazine.

pretty dope photos, and holy sheesh, he looks amazing for his age. (I know, you don't need to point out that it is botox and photoshop. Still, a lot of 50 year old men would look nowhere near this beautiful even when photoshopped).

Youtube spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adds9jZRso4

News source: http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=7331#.WZqPmSirTDc , https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000145888&page=2

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I love the model that's featured with him, Mica Argañaraz. Check her out, she's just AWESOME.

That being said, Yoshiki looks awesome too. I wish he did more modeling like he used to do back in the day. He's a kickass model. Screw the botox and photoshop, I'm covered in piercings and tattoos, botox and photoshop are no less legit. Isn't it what Visual kei taught us? That body modification is fun?  8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

He's beautiful. He has always been beautiful and remains one of the prettiest men alive. And I'm saying this coming from Korean entertainment, where 90% of men look more beautiful than women. He has some serious competition in K-pop with regards to male beauty, like Kim Jaejoong or G-Dragon (the latter is a huge favourite of Vogue editors, for similarly being multi-faceted), but they could be Yoshiki's sons regarding their age :) (just like No Minwoo, who is equally breathtakingly beautiful and once was rumoured to be Yoshiki's secret child, because of their uncanny resemblance, and him being born in Japan and his mother being a singer...He was the drummer of the Korean band Yoshiki produced)

Yoshiki was born for modeling, seriously.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Yup, he's pretty unique. I'm saying this and Japanese/Korean/whatever pretty boys aren't even my thing. Or maybe I like him because he's the father of the whole jap-androgyny movement. I have his nude photobook and I remember my exact thoughts when I first saw those pic: this is weird as fuck. Wait, also beautiful as fuck. That's kind of how you open your mind, huh.  ;)

Teemeah

Yeah, I'm pretty much into androgynous guys, but Yoshiki's beauty is otherworldy. I was SHOCKED by his nude book photos, but not in the shocked as outraged kind of way but shocked as a "holy shit this is insanely beautiful" kind of way. I know he was inspired by Bowie, but let's face it Bowie was not a beautiful face. he had an interesting face structure but not in a feminine-pretty kind of way. Yoshiki embodies true androgyny, and switches his masculine and feminine personas in seconds, which makes him truly intriguing. I can only guess what Japanese society thought of him those days. It's much more "accepted" nowadays, even though in the west it is always a stigma because western thinking mixes sexual orentation into adrogyny, which, in reality has nothing to do with androgyny as a look. Yoshiki's face is art in its prettiest form.

and umm, well, I ENVY his legs (and I have pretty nice legs myself :P not to boast or anything)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Bowie WAS beautiful. Not in a feminine sort of way, but I freaking loved his face and screwed up eyes.

Yup, Yoshiki's really beautiful. And I don't say this in a sexual way at all. The guy is just seriously nice looking.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:33:37 PM by matsumoto »

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Honestly guys, as a huge Bowie fan (haha, look at my avatar) I never really got the Bowie/Yoshiki or Bowie/Hide analogies. Music style is completely different, all three had alter-egos and liked to cross-dress, but not much more than that.