• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Your New Favorite Song

returner · 3752

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: August 04, 2017, 02:20:53 AM
Which of the new X songs is your favorite EXCLUDING the original 3 (I.V., Jade, BTBF...4 including Scarlet Love song)?

Out of La Venus, Angel, Hero, Beneath the Skin, and even Kiss The Sky with it's limited reveal which is your fav and why?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:05:23 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 06:38:43 AM
Ahh, it's really hard to say since most of the songs from the 2010's have been heard through bootleg means, y'know? With this being said, I really like "Hero" most of all. There's something in the lyrics that strongly resonate with me & I think because of that, "Hero" stands out more than the other songs.

(Though I do love "I.V.", "Jade", "Born To Be Free" & "Scarlet Love Song" from new era X Japan a ton as well~)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 09:04:16 AM
Hmmm, I would have to say Hero, (band version).

However, from the bits we have heard recently of Kiss the Sky, the full studio version is going to be epic!

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 01:31:03 PM
I like Hero as the Saint Seiya's movie ending theme, with female vocals. I, for one, don't really like the X Japan's version.

Among the songs in contest here, I'd pick La Venus I think, I like it.

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 02:27:38 PM
hmmm, must be either Hero or La Venus. Though from what we've heard I really like Angel and Kiss the Sky as well... difficult choices xD I'll go for Hero for now.

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Teemeah

Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 03:11:54 PM
I like Beneath the Skin, though it was written for SKIN :D I think it is edgy. From the Yoshiki compositions, La Venus. The acoustic version.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 05:33:29 PM
Beneath the Skin is definetely my favourite. Yes it was written for S.K.I.N., but from Sugizo. Some of the newer X songs was also written originally for violet UK.

I think Hero is a remix/not-real-cover/reinterpretation from "Zombie" from "the Cranberries". I don't like the Yoshiki version. I think it is the worst...

for all those want to compare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts vs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTSnBTBqL64
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:42:05 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:59:15 AM
La Venus <3
Just because... I don't know it's not a masterpiece, but quite beautiful. And after hearing it live...  :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 03:25:15 AM
Wow! Lots of votes for Hero and Beneath the Skin! I don't know what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting it to be that unanimous. I personally love Angel the most, followed by La Venus, followed by Hero  ;D

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 12:55:42 AM
Beneath the Skin. Their performance in London was AMAZING.
Kiss the Sky looks promising, but I'm afraid of all the hype for a song promised for two years. Yoshiki said it is "a 9 minute rock song". I hope is not a 9 minute Born to be Free.

Teemeah

Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 08:23:27 AM
What's the problem with Born to be free? I like that song.  8)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 01:34:45 PM
What's the problem with Born to be free? I like that song.  8)

It looks like it was created by some teenager with zero skills on music.
Retarded riff, lyrics repetitive in a incoherent melody. The totally unneeded piano part, the chorus which "breaks" itself in the middle "...FOREEVEEEEEEER FREEEEEEEEEEEE... to looove".

I hate it in so many ways. How can the same guy who made something amazing like Art of Life do something like this.

Teemeah

Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 08:23:39 PM
yeah, he spent two weeks writing Art of Life and another WHOLE YEAR recording it. I doubt he worked that much on BTF.

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 01:06:22 PM
Don't have enough knowledge about music to judge but please please please don't use the word retarded to describe anything. Thank you!

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 12:32:12 PM
Btbf is pretty good imo, when Toshi gives the chorus some umph at the start of it, which he does on some live versions, he takes some of the pop vibe out of it, which makes it sound great. And the catchyness/message of the song I think would be a popular single in the west. Add to that the heaviest riffs (or maybe equal to Jade) out of the original three songs, longer solo then you hear in most modern rock sounds nowadays, it's a nice song

What potentionally ruins the song by far though is the womans voice during the bridge section, uuuuugh. I'll hold back on that, for reasons.

Hero - 'I slit my skin'.   *headddesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:05:49 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 05:38:45 PM
Interesting, for me, if you do include all post 1998 (well post 2008 really), I'd put Jade as my favorite followed closely by La Venus (which has really grown on me as I hated it at first). Least favorite Born to be free by far. I'm ok with I.V. and Hero.

Need more proper listen for Angel and Kiss the sky but meh so far.

Offline Larool

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 06:26:08 PM
I like I.V. for its dark trancy vibe and the "I'm calling you, dear" part. I also like Jade, especially Toshi's singing in the lower parts. The melody is very beautiful overall, but the higher parts seem to put so much strain on Toshi's voice.

I don't think the new songs are "bad", but for me, they lack direction and flow. I'm always looking for some sort of musical statement. It doesn't have to necessarily be a catchy hookline. I don't have a problem with diversity, but the new songs feel like collages of parts that are are quite good by themselves, but might have been written at different times.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 11:44:40 PM
Theyre all very average imo. Nothing stands out to me, sadly.

To me, Jade is far and away thr best song post reunion.