• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan 2017 World Tour - Acoustic Special

Kurenai_Akari · 29654

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 28, 2017, 10:49:41 PM
I was wondering about Toshi's legs when he ran too! I'll just take it as a good sign. It was very extreme to.go from a wheel chair and a cane to running down the stage.... He might have just had a temporary injury that's healed now.

As for the sunglasses... Those will stay ;) I'm 99% sure he wears those so that he can read the lyric prompter on the floor without looking unprofessional.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 29, 2017, 01:50:34 PM
Considering 50% of their material is English lyrics now I can see why you'd think that, but that still doesn't answer why he's never taken them off for any of the old songs he knows by heart for a single show the last ten years, he also never removes them for his solo shows plus every single interview/public appearence outside of a show he has them on. There's no doubt he has some psychological issues about the way his eyes look, from what he's said in an interview (or was it his book?) he believes there's some unnatural damaged look to them from the times they beat him up in 'hoh'.

I saw some instagram photo where I think you could see behind his glasses that he does have lowish bags under his eyes but I think that's all there is. Even if he does look a little older then he should because of it or if there's a mark that's worse then that I hope one day he realises that people don't care about that, we would never recoil in fear or anything stupid like that whatever he looks like, we just want to see him and we'd all support him. This is something you'd think his friends would've told him already.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:51:18 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Teemeah

Reply #92 on: July 29, 2017, 04:15:33 PM
Japanese friendship is weird. They didn't even talk about his HOH experiences with Yoshiki, and Toshi said he didn't know about the suicide of Yoshiki's dad until much later and that he only later realozed what Yoshikis lyrics really meant. They have been friends since middle school and didn't talk about THESE THINGS AT ALL. I doubt any of Toshi's friends ever encuraged him to take off his sunglasses and told him that you'll be fine dude. It's really sad.

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 30, 2017, 12:40:32 PM
Have some videos to post.

First, SHORT VER. of Say Anything from a different day, a piano version, and Toshis voice has never sounded more 90's Toshi.

(Removed video)

Update: and that's because, it is a live version from the 90s, great.

Kiss the Sky from a different day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t8XTTnHeGbA

I think this is the same Silent jealousy (from a different day then the 17th) that was posted on yt over a week ago, but this video is higher quality I'm pretty sure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HJgGNHJh2LA

Also think this Tears is from a different live.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsYFnxEH1T0

The rest of these are from the 17th but Toshi's vocals are clearer.

Forever Love: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FXBfsp6uI1I

Kiss the Sky: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=17ePk8PsWnY

Tears: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PA6nmWC-Yz8
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:01:31 AM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 30, 2017, 05:09:08 PM
Wouldn't it be great to have a nice Bluray Boxset of those 6 days cut into a best of ? They pulled off something very interesting there and in the most unexpected way. Sure, Acoustic isn't exactly perceived as exciting for a Metal/Rock band but more a symbol of decrepitude but... it just worked really well for them. I mean again, look at this thread haha... I mentioned this before but first time everyone is in agreement about something X related. Toshi's voice is mostly great, he's smiling and the whole band, even if not playing their usual kind of gig are having a good time.

Thanks to the uploaders as well and keep on sharing those youtube clips. It would be great to sort through the different nights. Was only the last one professionally broadcasted/filmed ?

edit: Wait, Teemeah's/Hyde26 file is 4 hours long while de Blibli (spelling) one is only 1h30. Excuse my blatant ignorance but weren't they the same broadcast? ... edit again: and I just answered my own stupid question - it looks like my blibli rip only starts at the first encore .. well.. time to annoy the wife with 4hrs worth of Japanese banter without subtitles haha... wish I understood what they are chatting about
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:53:23 PM by Astralmind »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 31, 2017, 01:45:11 AM
Acoustic isn't exactly perceived as exciting for a Metal/Rock band but more a symbol of decrepitude

Just curious but why do you think that? Interesting how different perspectives ca be because I consider it a right of passage for any major rock band to perform an acoustic gig. I'm really surprised looking back that X hadn't done it before.

But I agree that this would definitely make a worthy DVD. They were all in top form despite Yoshiki's recovery. It's nice to see everyone be in agreement and really have enjoyed the concept and execution of an acoustic live.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #96 on: July 31, 2017, 08:59:16 AM

Thanks to the uploaders as well and keep on sharing those youtube clips. It would be great to sort through the different nights. Was only the last one professionally broadcasted/filmed ?

It was the only one that was broadcasted by wowow. Maybe Y recorded more, but at this time only the last night was released

positively unsure。

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 31, 2017, 12:32:54 PM
Acoustic isn't exactly perceived as exciting for a Metal/Rock band but more a symbol of decrepitude

Just curious but why do you think that? Interesting how different perspectives ca be because I consider it a right of passage for any major rock band to perform an acoustic gig. I'm really surprised looking back that X hadn't done it before.

But I agree that this would definitely make a worthy DVD. They were all in top form despite Yoshiki's recovery. It's nice to see everyone be in agreement and really have enjoyed the concept and execution of an acoustic live.

A bit like releasing"Best of albums", Compilations, Christmas specials (oh boy... please no), acoustic gigs usually happen when a band can't physically recreate what they've been doing before and they are just trying to do a cash grab. Now, granted, here, it is a very special case with Yoshiki's surgery being an absolutely honest reason for it to happen and I do think that X's music is perfectly appropriate for acoustic arrangements but generally speaking it's a fairly true statement. The end result is actually very satisfying, probably some of the best if not the best stuff they did in the last decade.

All this to say, it ended up being unexpectedly (at least to me) great :)

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: July 31, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
A bit like releasing"Best of albums", Compilations, Christmas specials (oh boy... please no)

You probably mean Christmas versions of X songs, or X covering Christmas songs, but when I read Christmas specials I couldn't help but think, oh no, not the 'Star Wars Holiday Special' of X Japan! That's probably a weird concept to pull from what you said, but still dread to think what that would be like, no doubt it would be a Yoshiki idea XD.

Also agree with the acoustic arrangements they did working out brilliantly, I'd only say they could've played the riff to Week End a bit heavier then they did, and some of the orchestral music during Without You didn't suit the song imo, but yeah it was awesome. I hope we do see another day of the concerts officially released, specifically the one where Toshi does that high falsetto (from that yt video) we need that in high quality.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:11:49 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: July 31, 2017, 04:17:13 PM
A bit like releasing"Best of albums", Compilations, Christmas specials (oh boy... please no)

You probably mean Christmas versions of X songs, or X covering Christmas songs, but when I read Christmas specials I couldn't help but think, oh no, not the 'Star Wars Holiday Special' of X Japan! That's probably a weird concept to pull from what you said, but still dread to think what that would be like, no doubt it would be a Yoshiki idea XD.

Also agree with the acoustic arrangements they did working out brilliantly, I'd only say they could've played the riff to Week End a bit heavier then they did, and some of the orchestral music during Without You didn't suit the song imo, but yeah it was awesome. I hope we do see another day of the concerts officially released, specifically the one where Toshi does that high falsetto (from that yt video) we need that in high quality.

Hahahaha, I meant X singing Christmas songs but man, I'd totally watch that   X-japan/SW Christmas special mashup woha, that’d be god-awful!

So.. I’m not even done yet watching the whole thing, just listened to X on piano, pretty damn cool. If they ever release a pro recording of that show I hope they tone down the crowd’s screaming because wow.. as much as I appreciate enthusiastic, participative crowd (especially singing) the YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHKI.. TOOOOOOOOOSHi incessant screaming is beyond annoying. I really want subs for that bantering, we’ve rarely seen/heard the band having so much fun on stage except for the early days and even then..

Teemeah

Reply #100 on: July 31, 2017, 08:25:31 PM
and did you notice that the crowd screams for Toshi more often than for Yoshiki? I think (or maybe it is just my imagination) they even boo him out a little when Toshi leaves the stage after his breakdown in Longing but Yoshiki ignores it and keeps on chatting.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: July 31, 2017, 08:55:44 PM
and did you notice that the crowd screams for Toshi more often than for Yoshiki? I think (or maybe it is just my imagination) they even boo him out a little when Toshi leaves the stage after his breakdown in Longing but Yoshiki ignores it and keeps on chatting.

Agreed, Toshi gets a lot more attention than he ever did and rightfully so! I hadn't notice the boooing, I'll go back and rewatch, I hope you are right hehe ;)

Teemeah

Reply #102 on: August 01, 2017, 01:33:52 PM
I wish the others would also get some more attention. More screen time. Cameras mostly focus on Toshi and Yoshiki. Heath was brilliant in this concert. Want more Heath!!!  :)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: August 01, 2017, 02:07:36 PM
I really want subs for that bantering, we’ve rarely seen/heard the band having so much fun on stage except for the early days and even then..

This. ("Saaaaay anything, one more time! Saaaay anything....)

except Longing

positively unsure。

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: August 01, 2017, 02:19:17 PM

Justice! XD Finally, even if it's only for a short time, I've waited many years for Toshi to finally get the respect he deserves from the crowd, great person and one of the greatest frontmen to ever exist, infact he is the greatest for me followed by Freddie.

Btw just noticed during Drain (again, several interesting things seem to be happening during this song for some reason) when Toshi moves over to Pata at the end of the song Toshi accidently flicks the mic off the stand and has to quickly swipe it back up in time, just a funny little moment.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:31:27 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Teemeah

Reply #105 on: August 01, 2017, 09:28:39 PM
Yeah, that was a funny moment, but he also solved it like a pro (like the pro he is!) :D

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:53 PM
Drain felt so good to see: Toshi running with the mic's stand, going to the crowd and singing, with the hide back vocals (which was meaningful) and finally dropping the mic involuntary, it was just so nice overall

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: August 02, 2017, 02:04:42 AM
Drain felt so good to see: Toshi running with the mic's stand, going to the crowd and singing, with the hide back vocals (which was meaningful) and finally dropping the mic involuntary, it was just so nice overall

...but the lower key was WEIRD. :(

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: August 07, 2017, 04:04:18 PM
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last logged in here,  just came to my mind about X-Freaks so if I may contribute to some views of the concerts... The concerts were awesome! Yoshiki was awesome, and Toshi was freaking awesome, they were all awesome :D..  Toshi sounded so great I couldn't believe my ears
and the arrangements of the songs were amazing.  Yoshiki really took me by surprise that he pulled it off having only had an operation for under 2 months.  I actually cancelled my air ticket and had to purchase again XD... but it's well worth it.  They even cracked some hilarious jokes during the last show.  La Venus was amazingly beautiful live and so was Kurenai's arrangement...Oh yes of course piano X and Weekend were just great... I know Yoshiki wants to play drums again but if it's a threat to him playing piano, then so be it, I will be equally happy with a (rock) concert without drums cos his health matters most.  All and all, it's a great tour.

Btw, please dont spread the bilibili link on the previous page to facebook etc... it's a chinese site and the authority in China are heavily controlling the Korean/Japanese stuff recently.

As a fan of 23 years, having watched hide with Spread Beaver, hyde X Yoshiki and singing a snippet of Unfinished at VJS last year was
my greatest joy EVER, so I will support whatever Yoshiki's decision may be in the coming future and please dont be so hard on him...

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: August 09, 2017, 05:25:49 PM
Has anyone seen any links of Rose of Pain going around? I'm really curious to how it sounded!

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 09, 2017, 05:49:02 PM
If it sounded as in 94, it must have been good ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHXTLO5Ddc

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Teemeah

Reply #111 on: August 09, 2017, 07:39:28 PM
Has anyone seen any links of Rose of Pain going around? I'm really curious to how it sounded!

yeah i'm so curious about that too. I wanted to hear that so badly. And a full rendition of voiceless screaming, too. I hope some fan cams will resurface.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: August 10, 2017, 02:22:19 AM
I hope fancams come back for the full version of Angel...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: August 16, 2017, 07:41:10 AM
I want Rose of Pain so badly. It's my favourite X song, cause it shows excactly what X stands for. The 2009 acoustic version is also great.
Toshi is still hoh'ed but screams his emotions into the sky and audiance. His voice is not at it's peak but you can feel his pain and the fun he had playing this song again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:42:29 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: September 11, 2017, 01:38:17 PM
Get 'em while they're hot, a few new videos! (Unless I'm told otherwise)

Most importantly, Angel. Beautiful version, returner you'll want to hear this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UKfnlkIyClg

Hero

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XCPhz0a2ilM

Forever Love

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXDOk4ZgVXc

Part of Endless Rain, finishes just after the solo ends.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAz6H66AnQ
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:01:07 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: September 12, 2017, 08:14:09 PM
Stumbled over that audio recording of voiceless screaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdVbzVNV_Hw

not bad at all.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: September 13, 2017, 03:58:38 AM
Thank you, Ulquiorra4th!! I think it is one of the most beautiful sings ever made

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KurenaiRoseX-Twitter-
Reply #117 on: April 03, 2019, 08:18:00 PM
Since this was wanted (also from me^^), here are mp3's of the Acoustic live  :)
Part 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YwhqIhb2WMHqMS4U3YmVR-P0qpbiVx-B
Here's the full audio with MC's:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L8nQGYt9_vY4xP7W7b_0TeFw9odMuv9Q
It's from the 11.7.2017 show.
Part 2 is coming soon and as soon as I get a hold on Rose Of Pain and Unfinished I'll add it too^^
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:17:14 PM by KurenaiRoseOfPain »

~Dry your tears with love~

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KurenaiRoseX-Twitter-
Reply #118 on: April 04, 2019, 08:33:38 PM

~Dry your tears with love~