X Japan 2017 World Tour - Acoustic Special

Kurenai_Akari · 29657

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
on: July 11, 2017, 07:47:43 AM
Here we go people, the acoustic shows are starting today over in Japan.

July 11 – Osaka-jo Hall
July 12 – Osaka-jo Hall
July 14 – Yokohama Arena
July 15 – Yokohama Arena
July 16 – Yokohama Arena
July 17 – Yokohama Arena

What are your thoughts on this? You think Yoshiki can handle this or will set him back a couple of weeks? To be honest, I was wondering/hoping that the six days would be spread out over the month or two so he could rest well afterwards, but I suppose not. . . Anyone think that we'll be getting any updates for the western areas after the Japan tour is over? (BTW, how is this a "tour"? They're gonna be in Yokohama for almost all of the shows.)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/XJapan/photos/a.669975649718291.1073741825.124298817619313/1337637062952143

Teemeah

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:17:19 AM
That's a usual Asian mindset. If it is more than one show in more than one city, it's a tour :D Koreans think similarly, they consider doing a home tour and two concerts in another Asian country a "world tour" :D I guess Asian entertainment companies like to exaggerate.

I hope Yoshiki will be able to handle the concerts. Would be awesome if they extended the tour LATER (maybe next year) to other parts of the world, too. I would LOVE an acoustic show, I have been in love with the acoustic renderings ever since I discovered this band :D I frequently rewatch these, they are so beautiful. :) I'm curious of the setlist. I'm hoping they would play Rose of Pain and Voiceless Screaming :o would be awesome. And praying that some fans would record the live broadcast so we can also watch it later :)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:26:38 PM
I'm very curious how theses conerts will turn out and depening on that I could/would be interested to see them myself. ;)

Hopefully they put some work into it and will play some acoustic renditions of fast paced songs instead of mostly piano based slow ballads.

i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVa0bjALIko

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:44:18 PM
Set list from the first night, Osaka 11/7:

1. Forever Love
2. Hero
3. Tears
4. Kiss the Sky
5. Pata & Heath Solo
6. Drain
7. Sugizo Violin Solo
8. Silent Jealousy
9. Yoshiki Piano Solo
10. Miracle
11. Angel
12. Without You
13. Kurenai
14. Art of Life

Encore:

15. Rose of Pain
16. Beneath the Skin
17. World Anthem
18. I.V.
19. Voiceless Screaming
20. Endless Rain

What an awesome set list. I hope we get some clips on up YouTube at some point.

Would be quite nice to release tracks from these acoustic nights as a live CD...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:17:08 PM by mC »

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:34:39 PM
wow, awesome set list!!! and both rose of pain and voiceless screaming are on it! OMG! I WANT VIDEO FOOTAGE   :D

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:16:40 AM
That encore list looks pretty sweet. Good stuff!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 02:22:50 AM
How is yoshiki?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:37:30 PM
Setlist looks very nice, curious how songs like Drain will sound as an acoustic one.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
Setlist from the second night, Osaka 12/7:

1. Forever Love
2. Tears
3. Kiss the Sky
4. Pata & Heath Solo
5. Drain
6. Sugizo Violin Solo
7. Silent Jealousy
8. Yoshiki Piano Solo
9. Miracle
10. La Venus
11. Hero
12. Without You
13. Kurenai
14. Art of Life

Encore:

15. Say Anything
16. White Wind from Mr. Martin
17. Rusty Nail
18. I.V.
19. Longing ~Togireta Melody~
20. Endless Rain

Another nice night by the looks of it. Makes me think doing an acoustic tour has its pros lying in the fact that the song selection has expanded compared to previous years?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 09:04:11 PM
A couple of clips from the Osaka show, (11/7), on this person's YouTube channel. Has Hero and Angel.

[Videos Taken Down]

I really like how Angel is coming along...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:56:25 AM by mC »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 01:25:28 PM
Does anyone know if they played the full version of Kiss the Sky? Also wondering if anyone's found a recording of them playing Beneath the Skin on acoustic. Interesting crossover.

mC, Angel really does sound amazing. Really love the piano shift at the end, like an entrancing flutter. Interesting bit of trivia is Katy's been performing that version during the Dinner with Yoshiki shows for over a year now. I believe since the song was written so long ago (late 90s?) it was a VUK song (in fact, it was included in one of the original to-be-released albums of VUK years ago) and has sounded the way it does now for at least a decade. X Japan just hadn't played the longer version before this tour.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:31:03 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 09:21:54 PM
A couple of clips from the Osaka show, (11/7), on this person's YouTube channel. Has Hero and Angel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcdC_bEAV1p4yNmdPymPYww

I really like how Angel is coming along...

aaaaaand it's gone

positively unsure。

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 03:52:31 PM
was the show live streamed ? Surely someone kind must have captured it somewhere :) Very curious to hear/watch this one. The setlists are indeed very interesting

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 06:27:00 PM
On jpopsuki there is unfortunatelly nothing.

And yes, rose of pain and voiceless screaming i really want to hear

positively unsure。

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 10:23:07 PM
Setlist from Yokohama, 14/7:

1. Forever Love
2. Tears
3. Kiss the Sky
4. Pata and Heath Solo
5. Drain
6. Sugizo Violin Solo
7. Silent Jealousy
8. Yoshiki Piano Solo
9. Miracle
10. La Venus
11. Hero
12. Without You
13. Kurenai
14. Art of Life

Encore:

15. World Anthem
16. I.V.
17. Unfinished
18. Longing ~Togerita Melody~
19. Endless Rain

There has been surprisingly next to no videos circulating around the net. I guess it hasn't helped that there have been no official streams of the concert.

Teemeah

Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 10:33:22 PM
I think they announced a stream beforehand on niconico or wowow? no? *confused*

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 11:10:12 PM
I think they announced a stream beforehand on niconico or wowow? no? *confused*

That's what I thought as well.. looks like..maybe not ? There would be something floating online, considering the interest everyone appears to have for this one :) Have you noticed that this has been one of the few threads so far where everyone agrees haha... it would be really cool to hear/see that.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 11:58:41 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the last concert will be broadcasted on WOWOW.
I hope they play Voiceless Screaming on it. I really want to know how it sounded without Taiji after all those years.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 03:12:31 AM
Forever love, get it while it's hot.

https://youtu.be/PXDOk4ZgVXc

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 05:33:24 AM
Here's Silent Jealousy from Yokohama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu8T8DHcCDM

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 11:43:30 AM
I think this tweet maybe in reference to the stream

https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/886140515296530432

EDIT:

Forever love, get it while it's hot.

https://youtu.be/PXDOk4ZgVXc

(0 A 0)

Watched, downloaded & cherished forever. My heart hasn't skipped a beat over "Forever Love" like this is ages~ I think I fell back in love with ToshI again (/ w \)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:48:05 AM by Kurenai_Akari »

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 03:47:59 PM
Toshi is the member that has shown the most improvement through the past decade of mostly nothingness. An acoustic gig is perfect considering this

Teemeah

Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 05:27:48 PM
Toshi has had his solo career, it's not like he wasn't singing at all during these 10 years of "mostly nothingness".

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 08:24:38 PM
Toshi is the member that has shown the most improvement through the past decade of mostly nothingness. An acoustic gig is perfect considering this

Totally. At this point, he's more or less in a league of his own. Yay ToshI! \(^ o ^)/ I'm so proud of him, he's really come a long way from the start of "made In Heaven" up until now.

Toshi has had his solo career, it's not like he wasn't singing at all during these 10 years of "mostly nothingness".

Well, yeah, I know.

I mean, I wasn't there for the peak of his solo stuff since internet wasn't much of a thing in the 90's & I was a kid, but I'm more than familiar with his solo stuff. In context to what I was saying, I haven't been listening to X Japan or ToshI lately because there's other things at the moment that are far more interesting to me.

Besides, I have his main albums & the "Gunjyou no Yuugure" single, plus MP3s of the albums, along with the the major stuff from HoH including with his Ex. If I *really* wanted to listen to him, I would, but after awhile everything loses it's glow. I think it's better to take breaks every so often from your favorite band & explore something else to broaden your horizons. I feel that makes one (or at least me) appreciate X Japan even more due to their own brand of uniqueness.

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
And speaking of Toshi at his peak, this gem of a moment from the concert. Go to 1 minute into the video for when he starts singing.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pnZEFWyETS8

By the way I used to be a user on here a few years ago, was just 'Ulquiorra' back then, I used to do long, long ranting posts about the band/yoshiki, not sure if I can jog any memories here but basically I decided to leave after yoshiki hyped a huge announcement and it just turned out to be his Madame Tussauds wax model, I made a long long rant about how this was one fake announcement/album delay too far and that I was done with the band for good at that point and left. I've gotten into the band again since I've changed my thoughts on a few things, so hello again!

If this part of the post is too unrelated to the topic I completely understand and I'll remove it or post it in the returning members forum or something.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:07:59 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Teemeah

Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:36 PM
welcome back :) I think Yoshiki's exaggerated announcements are not a reason to give up the band entirely. It's an Asian thing. I'm used to it with my Korean sweethearts, too, so I'm pretty  unphased with Yoshiki's antics. Just enjoying the music and discovering it all over again every day. :) I can't wait to see some proper footage of the acoustics concert, I want to hear Rose of Pain again after that miraculous last version with hide. I'm simply in love with that footage.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 04:35:57 PM
New song? Largo?

Ex denxdenx

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 16, 2017, 07:23:20 PM
Where are you seeing Largo?

If you mean this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8InbrVS-UOo

It's a famous classical composition called "Largo" by Georg Friedrich Händel, which Yoshiki uses as the backdrop for his drum solos. Have you heard of him using it during this tour? It'd be weird since he isn't playing drums during this tour.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:29:30 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Teemeah

Reply #28 on: July 16, 2017, 07:27:01 PM
Maybe he/she means the track off Yoshiki's classical selection: https://www.discogs.com/Yoshiki-Yoshiki-Selection/release/5701255 Could be he chose this as a piano solo? But then that's not a "new song", it's Handel.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:43 PM
Ah, that makes sense if he played it as a piano solo. I haven't seen it in the setlist so I was confused.