Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
on: June 14, 2017, 01:44:37 AM
From the Anime Expo Facebook page/Website

WE ARE X: THE X JAPAN DOCUMENTARY SCREENING AND Q&A WITH YOSHIKI

From the production team behind the Oscar-winning Searching for Sugar Man comes We Are X, a transcendent rock & roll story about X Japan. Come to this special Anime Expo screening of We Are X followed by a live Q&A with X Japan’s Yoshiki!

Yoshiki and X Japan have contributed music to several historic anime titles, including X, X – X2 Double X, Buddha: The Great Departure, and Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary.

We Are X Official Website: http://www.wearexfilm.com

We Are X will also be sponsoring the Masquerade & World Cosplay Summit US Finals.

The Anime Expo Masquerade has been a longstanding tradition, running for over 20 years, and is a cosplay and performance competition, with one of the largest cash prizes in the country. People from all around the world compete in our grand showcase of cosplay and performance!

EVENT DETAILS

Date: Sunday, July 2
Time: 12:00PM – 2:00PM
Room: Video 1/JW Marriott Diamond Ballroom
 The We Are X screening is a non-ticketed event and is open to attendees with a valid AX 2017 badge. For more information, please see the Program Room Policies.

Source: http://www.anime-expo.org/we-are-x-the-x-japan-documentary-screening-and-qa-with-yoshiki/

I'm gonna 100% straight with you guys: I'M FUCKING HYPED UP FOR THIS

I have been requesting for Yoshiki, Toshi & everybody from X Japan to come to Anime Expo for the past four years or so & someone's finally coming! I mean, yeah, I've already seen it twice at the Hollywood screening/Q&A & at least four or five times at home with the DVD, but this is gonna be so cool!

I hope that I can get my copy of "Blue Blood" or "Dahlia" signed!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:24:27 PM
Hehe, have fun there and good luck with getting your stuff signed! :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:23:44 PM
Hehe, have fun there and good luck with getting your stuff signed! :)

Thanks Asuka~ I'm sort of having a moral dilemma over getting things signed or even having a picture taken with him to be honest. I don't want to cause him any unnecessary strain or anything like that since he's still recovering, but there's probably not lot of chances left to actually see him in person knowing my luck.

Teemeah

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 09:39:24 PM
Have fun there :) Think about it this way: you at least have a chance to go. A lot of us over here at the other end of the world get no such chances. Enjoy the movie (again) and the QA for us, too!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 02:23:51 AM
Heads up! Yoshiki's going to stream the "We Are X" panel on his NicoNico channel this Sunday (pacific time)/Monday (Japan time)!

【7/3(月)午前5時〜生放送!】#XJAPAN WORLD TOUR
#WEAREX 日本ツアー直前SP・映画『We Are X』米国LA・アニメエキスポより電撃生中継〜
 #YOSHIKI 緊急生出演・新たな発表も〜

July 3rd 5PM ~ broadcast! #XJAPAN WORLD TOUR
#WEAREX just before the Japanese tour SP (special?) movie『We Are X』from the North American LA Anime Expo electrifying live broadcast~
#YOSHIKI EMERGENCY LIVE APPEARANCE・With a new announcement~

Source: https://twitter.com/YoshikiChannel/status/879536159025537024

Ahhhhhhhhh! Yoshiki's actually gonna be there & not on a Skype call, ahhhhhhhhh!

EDIT: But seriously, what the heck is this "new announcement" going to be about? I hope that he isn't about to reiterate any news that we already know about.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:26:17 AM by Kurenai_Akari »

Teemeah

Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 07:52:30 AM
He is probably going to tell the same things in English like he did in the "emergency" Japanese press conference a week ago :D

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 09:43:05 AM
He is probably going to tell the same things in English like he did in the "emergency" Japanese press conference a week ago :D

Ahh, don't jinx it! o(> A <)o

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 07:03:08 PM
Yoshiki bailed out last second & won't be appearing after all.

*sigh*

Teemeah

Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 07:30:11 PM
Yeah. He keeps overestimating his own physical power. The rehearsals are probably tiring him out more than he expected. Why can't he just sit on his ass and recover? *sigh*

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 08:28:57 PM
Why? Because the only way he takes breaks is to be tied up I guess... -__-
(I can actually relate to that - but it's not healthy at all!!!)

I don't understand why he announced Anime Expo and Japan Expo, that's only stressful and no use in the state he's in. A surgery isn't something you overcome with willpower! >_< Oh well, I hope he doesn't have to cancel his Paris dates as well and recovers enough to survive the X Tour...

Teemeah

Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 08:41:48 PM
I think he still thinks he recovers like in his 20s. He needs to learn that the older you get the slower recovery is from anything. He really needs someone to kick his ass. Why don't his friends slap him in the face? I would totally do to my bestie if she tried anything like that. If you don't have friends and family to kick you in the ass when you need it, it's really tough. Maybe he needs a strong lady to tie him up. LOL

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 05:02:23 AM
He'll be 60 in the not-too-distant future. He doesn't need a woman for anything and especially not the 20 year old halfwits he surrounds himself with (no really, is it any wonder his management has failed for a decade when he employs unsuccessful models as personal assistants?)

There's nothing he could have said anyway. 99% done. Blah blah. "Fans are the most important thing while I go off and make wine and fashion items and promote online contests with a hello kitty doll that looks like MEEEEEEEEE"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:05:01 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Teemeah

Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 10:17:25 AM
I was joking :) I certainly didn't mean his 20 something half-wit model assistants :) In any case, I don't think he would change for anyone, anyways.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 06:12:34 AM
I'm back from Anime Expo (yaaaaay), so here's my thoughts on it: I was deeply disappointed for the rest of that day (pretty much to the point where I cried a tiny bit). Like I get it, Yoshiki's still in a ton of pain & still recovering from surgery, but COME ON MAN, AT LEAST HAVE THE DAMN FORESIGHT TO CANCEL THE DAY BEFORE OR THE WEEK BEFORE THE DAMN CON! I hate to act like a kid, but how is this fair? How is it fair to the people who took time out of their day to make it there?

Plus, the con was incredibly unorganized this year, so if you missed one panel or didn't line up early enough, that was it. You're not getting anywhere with that panel. You missed out on two things on the same day.

Also, my boyfriend & I were talking about that earlier today. Yoshiki's not getting any younger & his healing doesn't seem to be keeping up with him either. I'm gonna be brutally honest here, I think Yoshiki should just stop this now, cut his losses & disband X Japan.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 10:49:33 AM
I'm back from Anime Expo (yaaaaay), so here's my thoughts on it: I was deeply disappointed for the rest of that day (pretty much to the point where I cried a tiny bit). Like I get it, Yoshiki's still in a ton of pain & still recovering from surgery, but COME ON MAN, AT LEAST HAVE THE DAMN FORESIGHT TO CANCEL THE DAY BEFORE OR THE WEEK BEFORE THE DAMN CON! I hate to act like a kid, but how is this fair? How is it fair to the people who took time out of their day to make it there?

Plus, the con was incredibly unorganized this year, so if you missed one panel or didn't line up early enough, that was it. You're not getting anywhere with that panel. You missed out on two things on the same day.

Also, my boyfriend & I were talking about that earlier today. Yoshiki's not getting any younger & his healing doesn't seem to be keeping up with him either. I'm gonna be brutally honest here, I think Yoshiki should just stop this now, cut his losses & disband X Japan.

This is beyond shitty. When I read he cancelled the DAY OF his scheduled appearance, I simply laughed out loud and closed the browser tab. This is becoming a fucking shit show. He is losing so much credibility in my eyes it's unreal; I can't even take one more "I'm sorry" post on his social media. There's absolutely no reason why he should have booked or promised to @ Anime Expo in the first place under all of the circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, X Japan is dead already and IF the album releases and IF they do a proper tour in the future then THAT will be a revival (for who knows how long). Not this fake ass shit that's gone on for 10 years.

Queue Teemeah dropping an essay on my reply. Go ahead and let me know how I'm being unfair and how he doesn't owe us anything.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 08:55:35 PM
This is beyond shitty. When I read he cancelled the DAY OF his scheduled appearance, I simply laughed out loud and closed the browser tab. This is becoming a fucking shit show. He is losing so much credibility in my eyes it's unreal; I can't even take one more "I'm sorry" post on his social media.

For real dude. Gonna be honest, on top of missing a good majority of the panels I was planning to go to, this Yoshiki thing really effed up me up. Everything was an absolute disappointment (I had more fun in my friend's hotel room outside of the con than inside the damn con).
I tweeted at him, telling him that I was disappointed. But there was only my -slightly- negative tweet against the 200+ enablers.

There's absolutely no reason why he should have booked or promised to @ Anime Expo in the first place under all of the circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, X Japan is dead already and IF the album releases and IF they do a proper tour in the future then THAT will be a revival (for who knows how long). Not this fake ass shit that's gone on for 10 years.

EXACTLY! Anime Expo even listed him as a Guest of Honor & he was the only one not to show up. Also, yeah, he's been saying that the thing in his neck isn't agreeing with him, so should have known better than to book any sort of cons or anything of the like. This was asking for trouble, I say.
And yes, I agree with you that Yoshiki credibility is freakin' shot now. I'm done with him for now. At the moment, I could care less.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 12:34:11 AM
Disband, please

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 01:01:48 AM
For the love of god Yo break the band up officially, drop the album as a farewell and go on your merry way.

Teemeah

Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 07:52:56 AM
You are ridiculous guys, seriously, get some consultation :) why are you even here? outlet to let out anger? go to a gym and hit the boxing bag or something.... Jeez.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 09:09:53 AM
You are ridiculous guys, seriously, get some consultation :) why are you even here? outlet to let out anger? go to a gym and hit the boxing bag or something.... Jeez.
I'll be the first to admit that almost all of my more recent posts were made out of anger & disappointment, but I'm sure as hell not gonna take any of what I said back.

Oh, and to answer your question as to why am I here: To use this forum's purpose to talk about X Japan & the members, good or bad since most places are either dead or have become a hugbox for Yoshiki (i.e. Twitter). What's your excuse?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 10:46:24 AM

When your X Japan/Yoshiki honeymoon is over, I think you'll get where we're coming from. Until then, you're an apologist for how he truly takes advantage of his fans.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 06:15:24 PM
... so he cancelled his appearance to the panel which was a Q&A right ? Not a performance per say ? Hasn't he been participating in the Lady X audition a few days ago (see thread) and also making other appearances in the media ?  Not arguing whether or not he was fit for the panel but the fact that he is constantly 'planning' events that end up being cancelled seems almost deliberate at this point... then he gets to turn back to social media and apologize and get the unconditional love from his fandom in return.. a bit messed up.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 10:00:29 PM
(...) then he gets to turn back to social media and apologize and get the unconditional love from his fandom in return.. a bit messed up.

Ha that reminds me of something I saw a few years ago, where an X Fan compared the Yoshiki<>fans relationship to an abusive relationship. :P
I'll try to find the quote, but either way, can't argue that there's some truth in that with all the broken promises, halfhearted apologies and yet unconditional love he gets of some.

It's actually even  more bitter because X' (or Yoshiki's) current marketing doesn't only use all their drama as a selling point but also the fans. Considering to how much Yoshiki allegedly cares about them, he shows that in preeeeetty weird ways. LOL

(Something slightly different - Why would we fans be responsible to keep a positive view no matter what an artist does? We can just go away and do something else. In the first place it's the artist that wants to sell something and get people on his side, so HE should be in charge of motivating the fans. The same goes for pretty much everything - may it be TV shows, books, video games,... why would it be different there?)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 03:43:33 AM
... so he cancelled his appearance to the panel which was a Q&A right ? Not a performance per say ? Hasn't he been participating in the Lady X audition a few days ago (see thread) and also making other appearances in the media ?  Not arguing whether or not he was fit for the panel but the fact that he is constantly 'planning' events that end up being cancelled seems almost deliberate at this point... then he gets to turn back to social media and apologize and get the unconditional love from his fandom in return.. a bit messed up.

Yeah, I believe that it was just a Q&A session & nothing more. *sigh* This whole thing has been a mess from the get-go, but my boyfriend & I were surprised that half the convention room was filled for the premiere, even without Yoshiki showing up.

Ha that reminds me of something I saw a few years ago, where an X Fan compared the Yoshiki<>fans relationship to an abusive relationship. :P
I'll try to find the quote, but either way, can't argue that there's some truth in that with all the broken promises, halfhearted apologies and yet unconditional love he gets of some.

It's actually even  more bitter because X' (or Yoshiki's) current marketing doesn't only use all their drama as a selling point but also the fans. Considering to how much Yoshiki allegedly cares about them, he shows that in preeeeetty weird ways. LOL

(Something slightly different - Why would we fans be responsible to keep a positive view no matter what an artist does? We can just go away and do something else. In the first place it's the artist that wants to sell something and get people on his side, so HE should be in charge of motivating the fans. The same goes for pretty much everything - may it be TV shows, books, video games,... why would it be different there?)

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. That is a brutal way of putting it, but it's sad to say that I can see it in that way.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 11:40:02 PM

This is a discussion board. Not a one-sided verbal circle jerk. Fans of X Japan and Yoshiki are allowed to express their frustration in an on-topic forum. If you're having trouble with people discussing opinions that differ from your own, you may want to avoid the internet in its entirety. This is not an echo chamber safe space. I understand you're new to the forum, and you're excited to discover this band. And we're happy to have you and your enthusiasm, because X is a wonderful band, and Yoshiki is a brilliant musician. Regardless, he has dropped the ball a LOT, and no one here is negative about it because they think Yoshiki or X should be doing anything outside the realm of reasonable expectations. The issue isn't that Yoshiki canceled. It's the disregard in the way he did it. It's the disregard in the way he CONSISTENTLY treats X fans, because he can. I do believe he loves his fans, but the man falls short of appreciating them as people pretty often. Again, NO ONE WANTS YOSHIKI TO DO ANYTHING THAT IS DAMAGING TO HIS HEALTH OR RECOVERY. NO ONE IS MAD AT HIM FOR BEING IN THE POSITION HE IS IN. But every person is responsible for how they handle the negative situations they are in.

The real problem many of us have stems to the notion that this isn't the first, fifth, or tenth time something like this has happened. People have booked trips, spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to see X. The lack of communication and empty promises are viewed as disrespectful not because they happen, but because of how frequently they happen, AND HOW EASILY THEY CAN BE AVOIDED. Yoshiki should not be booking appearances or performances if he is not well. Plain and simple. Give people the furthest possible notice to adjust plans and save their wasted money.

Add the canceled world tours and single performances, weirdly obscure projects Yoshiki dedicates time to instead of focusing on X, and the disrespect fans feel, to the decade-long development of an album that, by the nature of its own description, should have been out years ago, you may understand why fans are so frustrated. Rightfully so. Preaching here that people shouldn't be bothered by this stuff without actually understanding the very long uphill battle it's been to be an X fan is not going to change any hearts or minds to the point you're trying to make. If you want people to see where you're coming from, try seeing where they're coming from too, before being so judgmental.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery