nb · 3272

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: May 17, 2017, 07:32:00 AM
I found this video from Yuta and i think it's interesting. It covers my experience when I was in japan with Kasumi last year

https://youtu.be/zxkLfyDZWjQ
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:14:15 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 02:48:19 PM
Yes it reflects pretty much what japanese people are listening to nowadays.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:44:26 PM
It's fun that the two indonesia guys like Laruku, isn't it?

You told me some time ago, that the indonesian fans are totally crazy during the concerts of l'arc en ciel. It is really interesting, because Indonesia is more a Muslim country. Perhaps it is my prejudices, but I have expected other than to see women with headscarf in the audience ^^"  It was really nice to see that.

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:21:18 PM
It's fun that the two indonesia guys like Laruku, isn't it?

You told me some time ago, that the indonesian fans are totally crazy during the concerts of l'arc en ciel. It is really interesting, because Indonesia is more a Muslim country. Perhaps it is my prejudices, but I have expected other than to see women with headscarf in the audience ^^"  It was really nice to see that.
Hehe yes. ^^ The indonesians really like L'Arc.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:52 PM
It's a mix, like everywhere else :) and hey, kpoppers are also there :D (Big Bang! yeah!)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:46:41 PM
Yes,
but no one ever mentioned X ;___;

And that is also our experience when we were there. X is not really famouse nowadays...

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 08:57:05 PM
Yes,
but no one ever mentioned X ;___;

And that is also our experience when we were there. X is not really famouse nowadays...

Umm, statistically, what is the chance of meeting random people on the street and bumping into X fans? In any place? These are just a few people they interviewed. They still fill up stadiums of 70 thousand capacity over in Japan. ;) also, look at the age of people they interviewed. Mostly teens...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 10:01:16 PM
The german Bands Scorpions or Pur also filling stadiums. But no one cares about there music. And for example laruku or rhcp were mentioned. I thougt that "the greatest Rockband in there history of japan" has some fans. Yoshiki said in an interview he cant go outside without Bodyguards. Maybe he exaggerates a bit...

Were were in japan and talked to people in pubs and such. X is not that famouse anymore..

But it's just a guess. You know? ;) its not terrible that i like a band, thats not famouse as hell... Normally no one knows the music i like.

(Iam fucking fighting wih my mobile auto correct, damn! ;D )

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 10:11:38 PM
I won't say X is not that famous anymore. Otherwise, they wouldn't be invited to that TV show on new year eve.  (sorry, don't remember the name, but it's something with the red/white team...) 

My Japanese friend told me that her 8 years old son finds X Japan is awesome, the boy loves to sing Kunerai.
See, we get new X fans in different age groups everyday.  ;D

Teemeah

Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 10:18:45 PM
yeah, some people not knowing or not listening to a band, it means nothing... ask me anything about contemporary hungarian music and I will look at you like an idiot. I have no idea who the current superstars of my country are :D It just depends on the person you meet. People's taste also changes over time. I don't think those bar guys don't know who X Japan are. They just don't listen to them, which is perfectly normal... I also don't listen to Omega or P.Mobil, the once-great rock bands of my country, but I would instantly recognise any song that plays on the radio, cuz they are part of the history of music here and everyone knows them. If a camera crew would ask me who my fave bands were, I wouldn't say Omega. But were they to give another concert, i'd probably be there. :) It is probably the same thing with X Japan back in Japan. They are the Golden Kings, the old days' guy, respected and loved, but they are 50 year olds, you cannot expect 20 somethings to name them as their all time fave. It certainly is different for international fans who started to discover them out of the blue, like me. it's different musical demographics and dynamics. That's all.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 05:34:37 AM
Nb, I also usually compare X to the scorpions when I try to tell people what their status is like. LOL Like, they USED to be huge and that's what people remember but aside of the fans, noone cares about new songs. :P (Just look at those medleys! It's the old most famous stuff plus whatever is their latest song....)
The thing isn't that it was a problem that they aren't that huge anymore (I'm perfectly fine with that and don't care, basically) but that the marketing claims stuff that's absolutely not true anymore. :P Oh well, I guess that's their job, but it just seems really pathetic when you know that it's actually not like their claim it to be. >_<

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Teemeah

Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:49 AM
That's what marketing has to do... Otherwise, why have marketing at all? You cannot issue a PR statement saying oh well we used to be huge but now sort of we are a bunch of old rockers in leather still vying for attention. :D That's not what marketing is for. Look at McDonalds ads, are they true? Do you get the same cheeseburger they advertise? Nah, it's a sloppy disgusting piece of sh--t they give you at the counter, while their ads show beautifully crafted mouthwatering burgers. :D That's the prupose of marketing: to SELL. :)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 03:52:06 PM
Well the thing is that many other Japanese fans (like Baby Metal) can come here without claiming things like that and are doing just fine... I'd just prefer less talk and more action. LOL

(Btw, a bunch of Japanese friends confirmed my impression about X Japan in Japan... :/ )

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...