Feudal · 22808

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #90 on: May 18, 2017, 11:37:10 AM
I think it's a made-up story to generate drama tbh, released straight from Yoshiki's press team.

That's also my thought.

if you take a look on his newest Instagram Video, I highly doubt that guy went anywhere close to his studio! -___-;

;D ;D ;D ;D

Excuse me, but I had to start laughing instantly. btw he looks really nice, as he is there without makeup in the bed (picture before).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:43:18 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #91 on: May 18, 2017, 01:43:09 PM

Excuse me, but I had to start laughing instantly. btw he looks really nice, as he is there without makeup in the bed (picture before).

He looks like a normal human being there. Unkempt hair, stubbles :) Too bad he only allows himself to be seen like that when he is sick. Finally we got a glimpse into what he looks like every morning before the beauty routines ;)

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 20, 2017, 09:22:21 PM
I joined a couple of X Japan/Yoshiki fans that are doing that cheesy thing where we're making a get well video for Yoshiki. If anyone would like to join here's the facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/181809429008373 :)

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: June 07, 2017, 07:56:15 PM
I have received the email from Xjapanofficial today,  saying that Yoshiki will be in Paris at the beginning of July.
From the video he posted on his twitter, it seems that it's even difficult for him to walk. Will he be well enough to be in Paris in a month's time?

#WeAreX in French theaters July 6!
Special preview w/ Yoshiki Q&A!
Tickets and info at Club de l'Etoile: http://clubdeletoile.fr/s/we-are-x/

#WeAreX #Paris Premiere July 7!
Premiere screening at JapanExpo w/ appearance by Yoshiki!
Information at http://bit.ly/WeAreX_JapanExpo

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #94 on: June 07, 2017, 08:00:35 PM
Ha yeah... He'll probably be able to move by then but I doubt that flying is a good idea and probably he won't be able to do anything more than a Q&A anyway... In two day they'll announce what they'll do about the YC and X concerts... we'll see... :/

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: June 07, 2017, 08:05:21 PM
Yes, we will wait and see...  ;)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: June 08, 2017, 10:39:58 PM
He should rest a couple of month, but yeah, it's Yoshiki....

positively unsure。

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 09, 2017, 08:21:08 AM
So looks like X will still perform in Japan next month, but as an acoustic set?

http://natalie.mu/music/news/236121

Teemeah

Reply #98 on: June 09, 2017, 08:41:30 AM
So looks like X will still perform in Japan next month, but as an acoustic set?

http://natalie.mu/music/news/236121

Yes, Toshi's Instagram says the same. So it will be acoustic, with Yoshiki on piano only. I think it is a fine compromise, at least he gave in to his doctors and won't touch his drum kit for a while. That's a good thing. We all knew he wouldn't possibly cancel all the shows altogether. He is way too workaholic for that. If the doctors allow him to play piano, I'm fine with that. As long as he really takes care to heal in between.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: June 09, 2017, 10:42:33 AM
An acoustic set is good, as long as they are including acoustic versions of their faster songs and not only playing all ballads, i.e. play it that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVa0bjALIko

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 09, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
Extremely mixed feelings about this. Glad they're offering a refund option to those who aren't down for the change to an acoustic set. Honestly, we've been burned for 10 years with this band, what would another year postponement do anyway?? I think even Yoshiki realizes that he's fucked with us too many times. Also, no mention of the "unannounced US tour" that was supposed to start in the summer either. I mean, none of this should be a surprise after the type of surgery he had, but it's just so much harder to accept after how long we've been waiting and mislead. Said it before and will say it again - glad I got to see them in 2010 because so far, it proves to be the one and only time I'll ever get.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 09, 2017, 02:50:04 PM
I think this is an awesome compromise. I am pleasantly surprised with this decision

Teemeah

Reply #102 on: June 09, 2017, 03:24:12 PM
Extremely mixed feelings about this. Glad they're offering a refund option to those who aren't down for the change to an acoustic set. Honestly, we've been burned for 10 years with this band, what would another year postponement do anyway?? I think even Yoshiki realizes that he's fucked with us too many times. Also, no mention of the "unannounced US tour" that was supposed to start in the summer either. I mean, none of this should be a surprise after the type of surgery he had, but it's just so much harder to accept after how long we've been waiting and mislead. Said it before and will say it again - glad I got to see them in 2010 because so far, it proves to be the one and only time I'll ever get.

somehow it just feels like whatever Yoshiki does is criticized, regardless of the actual results. had he postponed the whole thing, you'd complain, "look, another postponement". If they decided to do the shows as planned, you'd most definitely go "he's crazy, he won't be able to drum in this state, they won't be able to finish the tour", now that a compromise was reached, you complain about that as well. I'm sincerely curious, what does he have to do in this situation that you would stop complaining? I think it is a good compromise that that concerts will be held. And in any case, it's in Japan, where people can see them aplenty, anyways, so I don't think most Japanese fans complain about the acoustic. (Those who do, will get their refund). It doesn't affect you in any ways personally, so why the complaining again?

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:12 PM
I am pleased that Yoshiki feels good enough to play the piano in the upcoming concerts.
I think it's a welcome solution for most of the fans. Actually, it's a very rare chance to see a whole X acoustic
show. Although no more X jumps. LOL

Teemeah, the way I see it, I don't think Feudal's post is any kind of complain.  He/she just told us the opinion.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 09, 2017, 09:01:09 PM
Hmmm would be quite nice to see a live recording release, either video or audio, from these concerts.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #105 on: June 10, 2017, 01:03:54 AM

Dude, I am totally with you, a hundred percent, on that front. To be honest, I kinda feel like the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" kinda fits into the situation.

It doesn't affect you in any ways personally, so why the complaining again?

Couldn't the same be said for you though? I mean, you've been complaining over the people who are "complaining" about the recent controversies with the band, so you know. . . Just putting that out there.

Hmmm would be quite nice to see a live recording release, either video or audio, from these concerts.

Physical copies? Heck yeah. Maybe they could post it on Nico Nico too, but don't hide it behind paywalls, those suck.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 10, 2017, 06:43:36 AM
Physical copies? Heck yeah.

Of course. :)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #107 on: June 10, 2017, 11:13:29 AM
I think this is an awesome compromise. I am pleasantly surprised with this decision
Same here. I wonder what kind of songs will be played... maybe Rose of Pain (Acoustic version)? That would be awesome.  :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 10, 2017, 02:58:21 PM
I have to agree that this is an awesome compromise. Even, a little welcome. Has X Japan EVER done an entirely acoustic set? It would be so cool if they played Rose of Pain... love when ToshI plays acoustic guitar on it.

I hope they record it and let global fans watch it on YouTube tbh. Or at least a live stream. It would generate buzz about them for sure, since it will be Yoshiki's first performance after surgery (wink wink PR people, wink wink)

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 10, 2017, 05:38:37 PM
I'm one of the first people to call X-Japan (specifically Yoshiki) on their bullshit, but I have to say, even I'm impressed by this move. Considering the nature of the surgery he just had, I'm amazed Yoshiki feels well enough to keep the show on. I think an acoustic set is super cool, and hell, even if they wanted to make that their thing for an entire world tour (assuming he's well enough to travel), that'd be pretty neat. I genuinely hope this isn't at the expense of his health, though. As vocal as I've been about keeping promises and the importance of integrity with your fans, I don't want anything to conflict with the man's well-being. None of us do.

This is pretty rad, though. Will definitely make for a great show!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Teemeah

Reply #110 on: June 10, 2017, 07:40:46 PM
I have to agree that this is an awesome compromise. Even, a little welcome. Has X Japan EVER done an entirely acoustic set? It would be so cool if they played Rose of Pain... love when ToshI plays acoustic guitar on it.

I hope they record it and let global fans watch it on YouTube tbh. Or at least a live stream. It would generate buzz about them for sure, since it will be Yoshiki's first performance after surgery (wink wink PR people, wink wink)

I think in one of the articles I saw it mentioned that it would be broadcast live on wowow. Probably some fans will also put it up on YT. I doubt they would do a YT live stream, too, though that would be freakin awesome. (and tbh X Japan marketing peopel suck, so I don't expect them to think of international fans...)

Offline tm22uk

• View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 11, 2017, 06:04:16 PM

I think in one of the articles I saw it mentioned that it would be broadcast live on wowow. Probably some fans will also put it up on YT. I doubt they would do a YT live stream, too, though that would be freakin awesome. (and tbh X Japan marketing peopel suck, so I don't expect them to think of international fans...)

Yes, if I remember correctly, the final one on July 17th Yokohama is the one being broadcast by wowow.
Coincidentally, it's also the one I will be attending, one more reason to look forward to this.
I also think the decision to go acoustic is more than just a compromise, could turn out to be something very special.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 11, 2017, 07:43:55 PM
So if they are doing a wowow broadcast we definetely get them on jpopsuki :-)

positively unsure。

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: June 11, 2017, 10:43:17 PM
Was this link in here?

https://youtu.be/2oYRFTay_uo

positively unsure。

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: June 15, 2017, 09:54:38 AM
Someone linked me an English subtitled version a few days ago:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1sN_Yw-VJk

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Teemeah

Reply #115 on: June 20, 2017, 07:42:55 AM
Yoshiki flew to Japan for a pressconf today and the news articles say something like his condition is not so good, apparently his body is not accepting the implant well, he experiences considerable pain and his hand is still numb. Regardless, he will proceed with the acoustic concerts and believes that he would heal eventually.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2017/06/20/kiji/20170620s00041000118000c.html

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: June 20, 2017, 07:53:01 PM
Yoshiki flew to Japan for a pressconf today and the news articles say something like his condition is not so good, apparently his body is not accepting the implant well, he experiences considerable pain and his hand is still numb. Regardless, he will proceed with the acoustic concerts and believes that he would heal eventually.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2017/06/20/kiji/20170620s00041000118000c.html

That doesn't sound good...

Teemeah

Reply #117 on: June 21, 2017, 08:38:12 AM
I wonder if he is going against doctors orders with this if it is true? Surely it would be better to be fully healed?

Wouldn't be the first time, I guess. Probably his doctors also know his personality by now, so they go for the least damage scenario... That's my guess. No way he would sit idle for 6-8 months.

Teemeah

Reply #118 on: June 21, 2017, 09:42:31 AM