Author Topic: Hello from Hungary  (Read 160 times)

Teemeah

• Rookie
  • Endless rain, fall on my heart, kokoro no kizu ni
    • View Profile
    • My Hungarian blog about Asian culture
Hello from Hungary
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:27:35 PM »
Hi everyone! Completely new to the fandom,  I just discovered X Japan, but I'm so glad I did.  :D

I'm the type who loves to read up on band history, get to know the members from TV shows, and I'm having so much fun watching old videos on YT (though finding subbed versions is tough). As I look around the forum, I noticed that there is abundant criticism of Yoshiki here, and I will try my best to read as much as I can, to understand the reasons, because immediately liked him from the start, without even knowing anything about the band. Instinctive bias? Who knows :) 

I'm just sad that I became a fan shortly after the Wembley concert, because damn I missed it :D I hope they will come back to Europe soon. :)
X-ed pretty hard on first listen. My first Japanese band and second Japanese music love after Miyavi.

magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Hungary
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »
Welcome!  :D

It's good to know that X is getting new fans every day!
The Wembley concert was really great, sorry that you have missed it. But, with the new album #near the corner# and the coming #world tour# starting in Japan, your chance to see them will be quite high.
r
So, have you listed to every song and album from X? Which are your favourite songs?

nb

• Sunday Listener
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 04:34:24 PM »
Hi there,

nice to have you around.

Yes, we are sometimes a little harsh about Yoshiki. But we are aware X would not happened without him.
I don't want to tell you everything about and why we are upset about Yoshiki. Just love him - I don't want to ruin it ;)
Maybe later you understand our point.

But it's not real hate or something. It's difficult to explain. ^.^

positively unsure。

Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »
It's because we love the band (and Yoshiki who's part of the band) that we (well some of us, including myself) criticize them (and particularly Yoshiki who's the mastermind behind everything if I may say so).

Anyway, welcome here :)
..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Teemeah

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 06:54:21 PM »

So, have you listed to every song and album from X? Which are your favourite songs?

Thank you for the warm words :) I am still going through the complete discography but I listened to most songs available on Spotify, and whatever I could find on Youtube - I'm LOVING the live shows. So much energy!! My favourite song is Endless Rain (I'm a sucker for emotional ballads...), but I also love Kurenai, Crucify My Love, Born to be Free, Without You, Tears and Unfinished. :)
X-ed pretty hard on first listen. My first Japanese band and second Japanese music love after Miyavi.

Teemeah

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 07:00:58 PM »
Hi there,

nice to have you around.

Yes, we are sometimes a little harsh about Yoshiki. But we are aware X would not happened without him.
I don't want to tell you everything about and why we are upset about Yoshiki. Just love him - I don't want to ruin it ;)
Maybe later you understand our point.

But it's not real hate or something. It's difficult to explain. ^.^

Oh it's OK, I' curious, and I'm not a blind fangirl type (also not a teen anymore ;) ). Criticism is needed, an if it is justifiable criticism, i'm more than open to it. It helps me to understand the dynamics in the band, and their history better. From what I have seen so far, I am fully aware that he is sort of building a myth around himself, and that he is probably of a narcist nature (which most famous musicians are, anyways). I'm not blind ;) I just like really like his demenour, the way he holds himself, and of course the songs he composes. (and ah, well, he's sexy af, but that's just my personal taste anyways :D ) In short, I am not going to get upset to hear about bad qualities or unfair decisions he's made.

Teemeah

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 07:02:54 PM »
It's because we love the band (and Yoshiki who's part of the band) that we (well some of us, including myself) criticize them (and particularly Yoshiki who's the mastermind behind everything if I may say so).

Anyway, welcome here :)

Thank you for the welcome :)

Kasumi

• Sunday Listener
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »
I'm late, but welcome to the fandom. :D Hopefully you will have lots of fun with the band. They're quite unique.
While I'm away, read this line again...

Teemeah

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
Thank you ^^