Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: January 04, 2017, 09:28:19 PM
December 2016

We have been receiving many thoughtful voices from people concerned and fans across the world about the sudden fatal accident of TAIJI in Saipan.

Five years have passed since his death and we could finally have an opportunity to talk with the Consulate-General of Japan in Hagatna officially and we hereby announce that the Consulate have admitted that the handlings of those institutions, that dealt with TAIJI, were poor and had problems.

With this admitting, we all consider that decent judgement has applied to this incident and decided to let this matter commend to the Consulate-General of Japan and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.

Here is a report of Tomomi Akatsuka, whom actually visited the Consulate-General of Japan in Hagatna.

TS GLASTON COMPANY

Plz read the report on the official site

taiji-tsglaston.com

Maybe someone remember her as an autor or in this threat
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:21:16 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:06:50 PM
By the way, Tomomi Akatsuka was his fiancée... ;)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:29:51 AM
I was incredibly surprised & happy when I read this on FB a few weeks ago. It's about damn time that the Consulate admitted that they fucked up/were aware that they fucked up in regards to Taiji's case. Hopefully more things can be revealed soon.

Also, I just realized tha tMs. Akatsuka has been fighting for Taiji for five years (according to the letters). That's incredible to me, you know? (I'm not really the religious sort, but) Bless her soul. It takes a lot of strength to keep up with something like this.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 10:10:41 PM
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, the incident is weird, whichever way you consider it. On the other hand, I could find no concrete evidence that foul play was a possibility. And add to this the well-known fact that next of kin are usually in a state of shock when a loved one passes and doubting the official version is a normal reaction, especially when the victim supposedly died of suicide.

I know very little about Taiji's life during or post-X, but from what I could gather, he was a rowdy free spirit and his life kind of went downhill after he left X, despite the great opportunity we was handed when they asked him to join Loudness. Things can easily go downhill very fast when you're young, rose to fame fast, made bad decisions with your money, etc. According to Yoshiki, Taiji's hit a rough patch shirtly after he left X. In his book, he mentions him having lost all his teeth and his unrecognisable looks, compared to his glam stage image when he was part of X. I have no evidence to back this one up, but I reckon that he might have been on some heavy ass drugs. If this portrait is accurate, a mental breakdown while under pressure is definitely not off the table. Fun fact: there are SO MANY suicides in detention cells they won't even let you keep your shoe laces. Being locked up in a cell with no support can do that to your brain.

TL;DR: I lean towards the suicide thesis, but maybe the authorities fucked up the investigation or maybe they handled his arrest the wrong way from the start (i.e. He hung himself with a bedsheet. They're not supposed to put fabric bedsheets in a detention cell. A blanket or paper sheets but not bedsheets that can be used as a slipknot). His fiancée and next of kin are devastated and questioning the official version is their way of coping with it.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 08:02:14 PM
Has somebody ever explained why no bruises were found on Taiji's neck and why everything concerning the accident was handled with such a haste by the people around him?

Besides, I was reading this analysis and it seems like some shady people were trying to profit from his activity in Saipan https://heavyfonia.com/2018/07/16/vivir-es-morir-la-historia-del-bajista-mas-legendario-de-japon/

I'm not 100% convinced by the official thesis... Tomomi Akatsuka was also meant to appear in a podcast about Taiji made by some X fans on Facebook as it was announced last year (they interviewed the director for We Are X,  the concert master for Yoshiki's Classical Tour and the sound engineers for Jealousy, so it's a reputable source), but it never got aired...

my god, this band has the most confusing background ever  :o