Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: December 26, 2016, 12:49:26 AM
Hello everyone and merry X'mas,

We just saw the Music Station 2016 performance from X Japan.

Surpisingly Sugizo was not with the band. There were only Pata, Heath, Toshi and Yoshiki. - Does anyone knows why Sugizo was not with the band? He is an official X member, or isn't he?  ???

The songs X performed were Silent Jealousy and La Venus (Yoshiki made a terrible mistake at the beginning of Silent Jealousy. The playback of the drums started before he was even banging the drums).

Also entire X seemed to be very tired or sad or something else. Besides Toshi has his wonderfull voice back, the whole band made a sick impression. Also Toshi missed the start of the second verse of Silent Jealousy.

All in all the performance was ok, but somehow disturbing.

btw. does anyone understand what in the beginning of the performance was said about Taiji and Hide?

positively unsure。

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:50:48 AM
Maybe he was busy with Luna Sea or something? I dunno. I found it odd too.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:07:24 AM
Anyone have the video? Would like to see it. Sounds crazy. Perhaps it's why Yoshiki tweeted "Hide...call me". Sad overall. Hope it's just due to Luna Sea commitments.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 08:11:50 AM
Guys, Sugizo was just at Luna Sea's concert in Saitama Super Arena! LOL
Certainly more important than some TV appearance (which is just playback anyway)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 10:30:41 AM
https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/811909919565717504
On the thay MS was broadcasted Yoshiki posted on Twitter that he would use the hide and Taiji footage and Sugizo would not be there because he was on the Luna Sea concert.

I found it weird, but, god knows what goes through Yoshiki's head.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 11:55:01 AM
Guys, Sugizo was just at Luna Sea's concert in Saitama Super Arena! LOL
Certainly more important than some TV appearance (which is just playback anyway)

Thank you Asuka.

But not all of it was playback. Some Bands played completly live. And Toshi definitly sang live. It seemed that the piano on X wasn't playback too.

Besides that, they seemed to be sick or have a terrible jetlag...

positively unsure。

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 09:30:09 PM
On TV performances they always use playbacks, only the vocal is live.
Music Station does this with everyone, even on the "Super Live". In that case, the program is live, but the bands aren't. It would be insane to prepare the equipments for 98615387164 bands playing in short time.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
It would be insane to prepare the equipments for 98615387164 bands playing in short time.

In fact, there were actually 98615387165 playing. I think.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 10:36:57 PM
On TV performances they always use playbacks, only the vocal is live.
Music Station does this with everyone, even on the "Super Live". In that case, the program is live, but the bands aren't. It would be insane to prepare the equipments for 98615387164 bands playing in short time.

sry, but this is bs.
How do you think they prepare the sound for festivals was made? they press the "store" button on the mixer and then they load it into ram when they have to.
And most "bands" this evening where totally playback, including the voice. But there were also at least one band, that played completly live. I will write the name here soon when i've found it again.

positively unsure。

Offline luncay

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 01:22:58 AM
Hi there,

@nb: Joker is quite right. Almost all music is playback on this TV show. Even the "Super Live" one.
It is not the same as festivals where bands plays many songs, and the audience have paid to see a performance with technicians for each bands, while on TV Shows, audience are just "guests". It is also due to acoustic, a TV studio is not made for instruments performance.
It is a serious problem for many rock bands who did not want to fake playing, you have many famous band who make joke of this like a TV appearance of Muse or Iron Maiden, with musicians trading their places.
To be back at Music Station, hide use to make crazy thing during these performance like 1991 Silent Jealousy where he headbanged and jumped around the last part of the song, which he can t normaly if he was really playing.

Sugizo even make a magic solo of Rosier or Storm, without playing his guitar ;) A real magic trick.

The clue is to look the electric instrument, most of time, they are not even plugged to a wireless system. ;)
But if you played acoustic, or not loud music which needs mix and balance, you are fine.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 12:26:08 PM
yes luncay,
i agree.

Do you remember the performance of Nirvana on Top Of The Pops back in the days? It was hilarious  ;D

Edit:
ah, its really on yt. Not only Kurt but also Chris and Dave were fooling around
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:49:53 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline luncay

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 01:51:11 PM
Thanx for the link, very funny especially the beginning with Cobain playing so real ;)
It is a classic, especially for rock band (neither thought I ll gonna use the word "rock" for Nirvana one day ;) ) to fool around during TV session, it s not only a rebel attitude, but as Artist and anti-conformist, they cannot match the mercantile aspect of those show.

To be back on X, in 1994 X was live from Tokyo Dome for the "Music Station Super Live", for Rusty Nail if I remember well

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 04:15:34 PM

Someone is posing with the best act of the evening. Guess who?  ;)

This post is meant to be funny, not offensive.

On a more serious note: Yes they looked pretty sad/bored/tired. Maybe the sadness we saw was, because they played it with HIDE and TAIJI in the background. I wish someone would translate the short talking part before the performance.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 05:45:17 PM
Also on that picture he looks really tired.

But  is a wonderfull song- Laught my ass off. First seen this at MS2016

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 06:10:42 PM
Also on that picture he looks really tired.

Indeed. He looks this tired on all photos of that day I've seen so far and during the whole performance. His eyes were always half-closed as if he was about to fall asleep every next second. ^^° Maybe a classical tour and extra TV-Performances to promote the new song are a bit too much for a man that realized just shortly that he isn't 30 anymore?  :-\

While I'm away, read this line again...