X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan needs your vote for Loudwire Music Awards!

Resonance · 4446

Offline Resonance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: December 06, 2016, 03:44:52 AM
X Japan fans can vote once every hour! We need your help to put X Japan on top and show the world #WeAreX!

http://loudwire.com/vote-most-devoted-fans-6th-annual-loudwire-music-awards/

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:48:54 AM
Why? So Yoshiki can make ANOTHER post about how he is so grateful for his "Kawaii-nurse-vampire" fans? lmao we already know they're the most dedicated; that's why he still gets endless praise despite not releasing anything substantial for 7 years. I'd rather wait and see how 2017 turns out.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:43 AM
Didn't X Japan won last year? Or at least went SF or something like that?

X Japan sure has very devoted fans but I guess outside Japan we are just very patient (and worn-out) fans, not devoted any more. We are (and should be) more cautious now and not book flight and hotel as soon as we get a ticket to a show that might not happen... Devotion lost itself to deception.

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Riot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 06:52:31 PM
You can do whatever you want. I'll vote, because if they win, it's good publicity for X Japan. I don't owe them shit, and they sure as fuck don't owe me shit, but it's just a nice thing to do. After all they're still one of my favorite bands.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 10:09:03 PM
call me a fanboygirl, but i've voted too. But only once. I have a life. So no every hour vote for me.;-)

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 02:37:17 PM
call me a fanboygirl, but i've voted too. But only once. I have a life. So no every hour vote for me.;-)

Same! :-)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Riot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
Yeah I don't have time to vote every hour, I have a life too  ;D I'll try to vote once a day..

Offline Resonance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 05:19:26 AM
Thanks, Everyone. Once a day will be great, too, if that's what you're comfortable with.

Awards like this based on fan involvement are important, because the recognition of fan support is what helps get X Japan feature articles in mainstream Us/European magazines and TV that normally wouldn't feature any Japanese band at all. The article says X Japan's "legions of fans seem more like a real army."

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 10:42:42 AM
Thanks, Everyone. Once a day will be great, too, if that's what you're comfortable with.

Awards like this based on fan involvement are important, because the recognition of fan support is what helps get X Japan feature articles in mainstream Us/European magazines and TV that normally wouldn't feature any Japanese band at all. The article says X Japan's "legions of fans seem more like a real army."

With all of this effort of promoting trying to help promote them in US/Europe, surely one can assume that is because there is a tour in the works? Or would we be foolish to assume something like that would happen again? :)

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 05:53:59 PM
I'll be voting too (when I can, probably not once every hour but maybe 2-3 times a day).

Offline Resonance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 06:34:12 PM
With all of this effort of promoting trying to help promote them in US/Europe, surely one can assume that is because there is a tour in the works? Or would we be foolish to assume something like that would happen again? :)

We can't comment, of course, and I know many fans are frustrated by delays. All we can say is... #NothingIsImpossible.  :)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 01:03:32 AM

We can't comment, of course, and I know many fans are frustrated by delays. All we can say is... #NothingIsImpossible.  :)

As hard as I am on Yoshiki, X Japan is still my favorite band and I will be buying their new album. Thanks for giving us some hope and communicating with fans.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 02:38:09 AM

All we can say is... #NothingIsImpossible.  :)

....are you hinting at something by using a hashtag or am I that thirsty for information for this album?

Probably the latter.

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 07:45:13 AM
this might seem a bit far-fetched but what if the album is called 'nothing is impossible'  :o

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 11:27:54 AM
this might seem a bit far-fetched but what if the album is called 'nothing is impossible'  :o

;D lol'd hard

btw.
it's really interesting how many people are upset about Yoshiki and his empty promises but then take the time and commenting in this forum. Don't get me wrong, I like that. It's like "Yoshiki, you fool, we are you employer, because we buy your CDs, tickets, silly merchandiese and stuff, and you are our employee, 'cause without us, there were no money. So you damn bastard, DO YOUR FUNKING WORK DONE!"

Or such^^

I think we are great bosses =^.^=

positively unsure。

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 08:53:54 PM
;D lol'd hard

btw.
it's really interesting how many people are upset about Yoshiki and his empty promises but then take the time and commenting in this forum. Don't get me wrong, I like that. It's like "Yoshiki, you fool, we are you employer, because we buy your CDs, tickets, silly merchandiese and stuff, and you are our employee, 'cause without us, there were no money. So you damn bastard, DO YOUR FUNKING WORK DONE!"

Or such^^

I think we are great bosses =^.^=

That's a pretty good way of looking at it. Maybe I won't feel as bad the next time I get on his case, hahah. But seriously, the man tries his damnedest make things work & I can respect that outside of a fan's perspective.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 01:11:34 PM
Well, if it wasnt' for Yoshiki's empty promises this forum would be dead xD We comment what is happening (or not happening for what that matters).
They're the only "news" this last years... kind of sad ^^"

And the album should be called "Better late than never" more than Nothing is impossible  ;D (but, tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if the album got such a name)

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 04:20:00 AM
the recognition of fan support is what helps get X Japan feature articles in mainstream Us/European magazines and TV that normally wouldn't feature any Japanese band at all. The article says X Japan's "legions of fans seem more like a real army."

the funniest thing is that x Japan fans are not known for being mainstream at all. The only thing that will really promote X Japan is the music and the fans talking about it online, sharing gifs from music videos and concert footage, making lyric posts from songs, etc. Word of mouth between fans is stronger than media because the media will never really be on your side.

X Japan already won the Golden God award and some other awards I'm sure. But where's the follow up? With no current material are any of X Japan's promoters really that in the dark as to how finicky and nomadic new fans are these days? Most of the fans X has are the ones who found them before their reunion. What's going to keep a new fan hanging around more than a year?

Nope. Not voting. Maybe if more fans were smarter and stopped supporting his non-musicianship Yoshiki would stop being a self indulgent socialite and merchandiser/venture capitalist and return to being in a band.

Btw Yoshiki, telling people you appreciate them and love them and that you thank them for their support doesn't actually mean anything when you don't SHOW them that on the flip side.

Wonder how many more fashion shows and flavors of curry we'll get, oh boy! Love the melody!

Edit: btw @resonance, the only reason I'm harping is because I really did support these type of moves for the near past 10 years that I've followed X. I even stood up for them when others dug in, ask everyone on this forum. But I can tell you that you're wrong because I've been here to witness it. All his promoting and never releasing official music has gotten the band nowhere and that will not change.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:23:34 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 07:24:18 PM
the recognition of fan support is what helps get X Japan feature articles in mainstream Us/European magazines and TV that normally wouldn't feature any Japanese band at all. The article says X Japan's "legions of fans seem more like a real army."

the funniest thing is that x Japan fans are not known for being mainstream at all. The only thing that will really promote X Japan is the music and the fans talking about it online, sharing gifs from music videos and concert footage, making lyric posts from songs, etc. Word of mouth between fans is stronger than media because the media will never really be on your side.

X Japan already won the Golden God award and some other awards I'm sure. But where's the follow up? With no current material are any of X Japan's promoters really that in the dark as to how finicky and nomadic new fans are these days? Most of the fans X has are the ones who found them before their reunion. What's going to keep a new fan hanging around more than a year?

Nope. Not voting. Maybe if more fans were smarter and stopped supporting his non-musicianship Yoshiki would stop being a self indulgent socialite and merchandiser/venture capitalist and return to being in a band.

Btw Yoshiki, telling people you appreciate them and love them and that you thank them for their support doesn't actually mean anything when you don't SHOW them that on the flip side.

Wonder how many more fashion shows and flavors of curry we'll get, oh boy! Love the melody!

Edit: btw @resonance, the only reason I'm harping is because I really did support these type of moves for the near past 10 years that I've followed X. I even stood up for them when others dug in, ask everyone on this forum. But I can tell you that you're wrong because I've been here to witness it. All his promoting and never releasing official music has gotten the band nowhere and that will not change.

I'd vote for you if I could.
I'm tired of Yoshiki bullshit and self-promotion. If he really wants the band to be big anywhere else than Japan, he needs to work with the band as a band, not as the Super Yoshiki Mega Japanese Rockstar Oh-My-God-How-Awesome-He-Is. Release the album which is delayed for almost ten years, do the announced concerts instead, release some music instead of kimonos, fashion shows and (oh god) curry flavors.