• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

"We Are X" DVD release confirmed

Kurenai_Akari · 16107

Offline tm22uk

• View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 11:34:38 PM
and and and I want a Europe release! I cannot friggin play US coded discs :(((

I wouldn't worry about that yet, could be an all regions release in Japan or US. I have quite a few US and Japanese music related blu rays and DVDs and off my head can only recall one Japanese BR being region coded.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 11:47:23 PM
and and and I want a Europe release! I cannot friggin play US coded discs :(((

you can use your computer to watch it - your dvd device has no country code  ;)

But release date is may 1st in europe :) so don't worry

@kurenai_akari

thx for keeping us up to date  :)

positively unsure。

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:14 AM
Thanks for the details regarding the extra features! Look forward to those interviews!

Was kinda hoping the extra concert footage would be post reunion stuff, but not complaining!

Now just wondering if I buy the US version or wait until the Japanese one is released with the hopes of more added content...thoughts?

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 04:58:00 AM
More interview time with the band members? YESSSSSS

Teemeah

Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 08:16:05 AM

I wouldn't worry about that yet, could be an all regions release in Japan or US. I have quite a few US and Japanese music related blu rays and DVDs and off my head can only recall one Japanese BR being region coded.

The Amazon listing says the DVD is region coded for US. The Blu Ray has no such info listed but I can imagine it does come coded, as well.

Teemeah

Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 08:16:57 AM

I don't have a DVD player on my laptop :( and want a bluray :D I dop hope it gets released in EU.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 05:46:18 PM

I don't have a DVD player on my laptop :( and want a bluray :D I dop hope it gets released in EU.

as i said. may 1st (or according to Asu, april 25th)

positively unsure。

Offline tm22uk

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 09:20:36 PM

The Amazon listing says the DVD is region coded for US. The Blu Ray has no such info listed but I can imagine it does come coded, as well.

I would still wait this out, amazon are very often incorrect with their info, especially when the item has not been released yet. They also quite often don't bother to change it later, whether it was correct in the first place or not.
I recommend looking up DVD / blu ray review websites after the discs have been released. Much more reliable. 

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #38 on: April 15, 2017, 07:20:38 AM
I pre-ordered the DVD earlier today. I'm pretty excited! Hopefully it'll get here at the right time.

Teemeah

Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 07:28:09 PM
Amazon UK says the UK release date for EU region coded DVD is May 22 :o Sheesh, that's just too long!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Are-X-DVD-Yoshiki/dp/B01N152L6P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492453481&sr=8-1&keywords=we+are+x

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 21, 2017, 09:12:34 PM

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 09:31:32 PM
https://xjapan.fanbridge.com/campaigns/show.php?id=1412462&sid=268810903
WE ARE X on USA DVD & Blu-Ray Today!
Bring home the emotional, award-winning story of X JAPAN!

From the producers of the Oscar-winning film Searching for Sugar Man, comes WE ARE X, a transcendent rock and roll story about one of the biggest and most successful bands the world’s never heard of…yet. Under the enigmatic direction of drummer, pianist, composer, and producer Yoshiki, X Japan has sold over 30 million singles and albums combined––captivating such a wide range of admirers as Sir George Martin, KISS, Stan Lee, and even the Japanese Emperor. An astonishingly intimate portrait of a deeply haunted––but truly unstoppable––virtuoso and the music that has enthralled legions of the world’s most devoted fans.

BONUS FEATURES
Deleted Scenes
Deleted Interviews:
• Yoshiki
• Toshl
• Pata
• Heath
• Sugizo
Yoshiki on We Are X
“Forever Love” (From 1997′s “The Last Live” Concert at Tokyo Dome)
“Kurenai” (From 1997′s “The Last Live” Concert at Tokyo Dome)
“Born to be Free” Fan Video

AMAZON (USA) https://www.amazon.com/We-Are-X-Blu-ray-Yoshiki/dp/B01N810KJQ/
ITUNES (USA) https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/we-are-x/id1202102770

WE ARE X Official Website: http://www.wearexfilm.com

And I saw that I already ordered on amazon.co.uk a copy on march 6th  ::)

totally forgot about it ^^"

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 10:33:30 PM
I also decided to order the UK release because of the region code. I was simply not sure if my player could play the US format.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 02:07:34 AM
https://twitter.com/Kurenai_Akari/status/857027701542068224/

I got my copy earlier today (and I'm in California). If you got it from Amazon & your in the States, it should get to you soon.

So far, I'm watching the interviews that didn't make it into the movie, starting off with Yoshiki's.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 04:50:33 AM
So far, I'm watching the interviews that didn't make it into the movie, starting off with Yoshiki's.

Are the additional cut interviews substantial or just quick couple of minutes for each member?

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #45 on: April 26, 2017, 05:01:22 AM
Are the additional cut interviews substantial or just quick couple of minutes for each member?

How can I explain this? It's like, each member has a section where they're asked a question & talk. Some go in-depth with their answers (i.e. Yoshiki & Toshi) & some kinda give short, to the point answers (i.e. Pata). There was a point where Yoshiki talks about Yuuji, X's former guitar player during his trip back to his hometown. I really wish that they didn't cut that out of the movie to be honest.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 26, 2017, 07:15:53 AM
There was a point where Yoshiki talks about Yuuji, X's former guitar player during his trip back to his hometown. I really wish that they didn't cut that out of the movie to be honest.

Is this the guy yoshiki fired because of taiji? the one that plays for X like 3 years or so?

positively unsure。

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #47 on: April 26, 2017, 11:44:34 AM
Is this the guy yoshiki fired because of taiji? the one that plays for X like 3 years or so?

Yeah, yeah. Yoshiki even goes into detail about why Yuuji left, then asking Yuuji to come back after Taiji got kicked out & when Yuuji died (which, according to Yoshiki, happened not too long after hide passed on).

Teemeah

Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:06 PM
Wow, I wish the UK release date would come sooner, so I can watch all these. I read Taiji's book yesterday (well, the chapters that are translated) and I really liked the way he put it together as a loose chain of anecdotes instead of a chronological I did-this-that-year kind of autobio. I'm so looking forward to watch Heath's interview, there are ot many interviews with him translated to English. Is Sugizo also interviewed?

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 05:24:23 PM

Yeah, yeah. Yoshiki even goes into detail about why Yuuji left, then asking Yuuji to come back after Taiji got kicked out & when Yuuji died (which, according to Yoshiki, happened not too long after hide passed on).
Oh wow. That's intresting. Now I'm actually happy nb already preordered the DVD. :D

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 07:33:50 PM

yes it was in 2002. But most informations about that you can read in yoshikis biography  :)

positively unsure。

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #51 on: April 27, 2017, 01:01:43 AM
Wow, I wish the UK release date would come sooner, so I can watch all these. I read Taiji's book yesterday (well, the chapters that are translated) and I really liked the way he put it together as a loose chain of anecdotes instead of a chronological I did-this-that-year kind of autobio. I'm so looking forward to watch Heath's interview, there are ot many interviews with him translated to English. Is Sugizo also interviewed?

I should find out where to read Taiji's bio, I've been putting it off until I finished Yoshiki's (and that's taking forever). Anyways, yes, Sugizo is interviewed.

yes it was in 2002. But most informations about that you can read in yoshikis biography  :)

Yeah, I believe that I read that part a couple of weeks ago.

Teemeah

Reply #52 on: April 27, 2017, 07:36:00 AM

I should find out where to read Taiji's bio, I've been putting it off until I finished Yoshiki's (and that's taking forever). Anyways, yes, Sugizo is interviewed.

It was taken off but I found it in the archive: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20111201202212/http:/seventhmoon.org/taiji/ It's an interesting read, especially the way he describes Yoshiki, it is SO fitting I gasped.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #53 on: April 27, 2017, 07:48:32 AM
It was taken off but I found it in the archive: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20111201202212/http:/seventhmoon.org/taiji/ It's an interesting read, especially the way he describes Yoshiki, it is SO fitting I gasped.

Yes! Thank you! I'll start reading it when I get a chance.

Offline Riot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 02, 2017, 07:58:49 PM
Is there any info on the UK release (dvd)? Does it include the extra interviews?

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 07:44:13 PM
Today I received the UK release \o/ (I am in germany)

positively unsure。

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #56 on: May 26, 2017, 07:48:56 PM
I already got the UK version on Tuesday! I was really amazed by how fast it got here! O_O
I'm waiting to watch it together with a friend, though~!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 26, 2017, 08:06:34 PM
Awwww,
How can you wait so long? I have to watch it INSTANTLY  ;D ;)

My pizza is in the oven. I'm just waiting for us (Kasumi and I) to get started.

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #58 on: May 26, 2017, 11:20:02 PM
Aww beautiful. Then mine should arrive soon, too, I'm not too much farther away (though the Hungarian post is notorious of delays). I have to buy a bluray player first though. Bwahahah. :D (Yes I bought the limited edition bluray I cannot play, cuz i'm a stupid fangirl like that :P)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #59 on: May 27, 2017, 04:19:16 AM
Today I received the UK release \o/ (I am in germany)

Steel book edition? Woooooh! Faaaaaancy nb! I hope you & Kasumi enjoy the show.