• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

We Are X Round Up/Mention of New Song

returner · 4737

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: October 08, 2016, 09:49:15 AM
  • We Are X got a new trailer. Having seen the doc myself I think this one represents the film much better than the first. (can't figure out how to code the video, sorry)
        https://youtu.be/mh3oD7vBmdc

Side note but I really kind of hate that they use that quote of Yoshiki's about how "a swan only sings one time (before it dies)," as a comparison to the band. Uh, no man the band has 5 albums and nearly 2 decades now worth of releases, I'm pretty sure you've transcended the 'one song' quota and are more like a canary at this point but... death, blood, death, etc. etc. ::) )

• Yoshiki did a QA on twitter earlier today where he said he's written a new song called La Venus. It's a mix between a ballad and a fast song. He said, "it's going to be our signature song, I believe. It's a really powerful song. When you see the film it will be an end title as well, so we'll release it soon." (sounds like it might be the next single? Please please please let this be the case and not something we've already heard live)

• We Are X is showing across the United States in select theaters outside of the media circuit that Yoshiki's currently doing, starting October 21st. The places and times can be seen here:

And a link to purchase tickets: http://drafthousefilms.com/film/we-are-x

(ps mod is it possible we can get a We Are X tag in the Other Projects area? If that's where it belongs, but a tag anywhere would keep the forum cleaner)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:55:38 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:49:41 PM
I am really anxious to see this documentary. I am hoping for a worldwide release, via any format, before the supposed X Day in March.

Nice to hear that they have recorded a new song for the credits. During the Summit last night, they played an acoustic version with Yoshiki on piano and Toshi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4FKjFR-Y0s

Not too sure what I think of this song, will be good to hear a full studio version.

Side topic, it is quite excting / frustrating that there are snips of so many "new" ...("new"), songs floating around! Hero, Angel, Kiss The Sky, now La Venus...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:31:33 AM
Thanks for the link mC! I was hoping but not holding my breath that they'd tease La Venus at the Visual Japan Summit. It's damn beautiful... I think it might be one they showed Yoshiki and Toshi working on in the doc but don't quote me on that. However, that might be why it's almost finished ;D

I agree with the mixed bag of excitement and frustration on the song snips. Someone recorded a full version of Angel at the last Evening with Yoshiki though and it's a beautiful song. Katy's voice has never sounded so good, it was an amazing performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djiRzUzBtb0

Btw I also found the lyrics to Angel (I think I've shared this before but I can't remember):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CavpM6XUAAAuyqx.jpg:large

If anyone wants me to type it out just ask, otherwise I don't wanna make this post too long. But I'm pretty sure I got it 99% figured out.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:21:49 PM
I don't know how long it will remain online but here is the full documentary https://youtu.be/zoftWlxmxwU

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 06:05:36 PM
Oh my gosh! It really is the film.... It probably won't stay up for long and it is in low quality but it really is it.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 09:40:36 PM
Wow! Holy shit... well they definitely made changes by the time they reached China. I like this version better. Art of life was never explained in the first, the ending of the film was Toshi belting out that "life" part of it, all of that concert footage at the end of the film was just not in it including The Last Live, and there were longer scenes at that dr appointments. Really solid edit.

Thanks Astralmind I was itching to see this again.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:47:36 PM by returner »

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 11:49:45 PM
I am really anxious to see this documentary. I am hoping for a worldwide release, via any format, before the supposed X Day in March.

Nice to hear that they have recorded a new song for the credits. During the Summit last night, they played an acoustic version with Yoshiki on piano and Toshi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4FKjFR-Y0s

Not too sure what I think of this song, will be good to hear a full studio version.

Side topic, it is quite excting / frustrating that there are snips of so many "new" ...("new"), songs floating around! Hero, Angel, Kiss The Sky, now La Venus...

... did I hear 'in the rain'?

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 05:49:54 AM

... did I hear 'in the rain'?

Yes, you did.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 10:13:57 AM
Thanks for sharing this! So pumped to finally see it. I'll see it when it hits the theater here in New York too, but I had to check it out.

I don't know what that song is at 43:02 but it's awesome! Hope it's on the new album.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 10:28:29 AM
I watched We Are X last night as well. I doubt it will come to any cinemas near me but I'll definitely buy it (if) it comes out on DVD.

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 02:22:34 PM
The video got deleted.... I didn't get a chance to download it but at least I got to see it  :)

Offline Riot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 04:29:45 PM
Oh no. I knew I shouldn't have left the house yesterday, all I got was a hangover and no documentary ::) ;D Oh well, I guess I'll see it eventually..  8)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 07:24:42 PM
After watching the film twice before it got pulled I'm actually really happy with how it turned out.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 02:53:52 AM
Thank you for the link Astralmind. Managed to watch it before it was pulled. I really enjoyed it! Leanrt a few new things and will definately buy a copy when it is released.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 05:04:20 PM
Ironically I haven't watched it yet haha.. Well peaked at the first 30 minutes. It seems to have garnered a very positive reception from critics so that's good.

Unsurprisingly it is extremely Yoshiki centric, I was a bit fed up with the whole pseudo philosophical emo rethoric but it looked like it was improving after 30 minutes.

Will give it a proper viewing with my wife later this week.