• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Hide: 50th Anniversary: Junk Story Documentary

EwX942016 · 31456

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 11, 2018, 09:07:05 AM
Yes, thank you.  According to Hiroshi, hide was throwing things inside his apartment the night he died. Hmmm.  I think he was stinking drunk and out of control.  I believe Hiroshi said he was kicking tables around the room, too.   :-\  It sounds like he was not only out of control but also probably not even aware what he was doing or aware of how bad he was doing...

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 11, 2018, 01:42:46 PM
Yes, thank you.  According to Hiroshi, hide was throwing things inside his apartment the night he died. Hmmm.  I think he was stinking drunk and out of control.  I believe Hiroshi said he was kicking tables around the room, too.   :-\  It sounds like he was not only out of control but also probably not even aware what he was doing or aware of how bad he was doing...

Yeah, probably thats why Yoshiki says he believes it was an accident.
hide had its issues. I don't even think he had mental issues, but he talks about being bullied for being fat when he was a kid, he was really dedicated to his first band but members keep going in and out... He looked even more perfeccionist than Yoshiki.

Everything I read so far keeps the idea of hide just having a bad day and drinking too much, he hadn't the intention of suicide.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: March 16, 2018, 12:18:21 AM
As for English, I think English speakers will excuse my grammatical mistakes. But I'm worried that I'll look aggressive. That's not what I intended.

Your English is perfect and you don't make any mistakes. You're our lovely Japanese-translating cinnamon roll and X Freaks loves you!

matsumoto,

To me, the most obscure things are the articles. Honestly, I don't know if I should put in "the" or "a" or nothing in sentences. I have no idea. So I randomly choose one of the three. LOL.

Prepositions... I randomly pick one of "at", "on", "in" or whatsoever...

Tense? No comments.

My English is random English. Thank you for your encouragement though.  8) ::)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: March 16, 2018, 12:56:38 AM
(52:14~01:09:50)

caption : LEMONeD

narrator : Hide’s activities became more various. The label established by Hide, LEMONeD.

“I’m not a producer, but a collector. If you have something interesting, bring it with you. I want to make a label like a toy box containing everything."

The combination of “kowai(怖い:scary)” and “kawaii(可愛い:cute)”, the new word “kowaii” became its concept. While designing the stuffs for LEMONeD, he developed clothing business and opened design shops and beauty shops.

Takahashi Emi (stylist) : He said he was going to seek a new office and told me to go with him. Hide said, “We can do whatever here because it’s a shopping mall”. And he asked me “Emi Chan, Would you like to do something here?” (laugh) I replied, “Shall we sell juice here? Because the name of the shop is LEMONeD”. I jokingly said to him, but he told me “Yes, go ahead”.

Miyagi Hiroshi (Hair & Make Up Artist) : I told him that I wanted to run a beauty salon and he allowed me to do it. When I opened the shop, the number of customers didn’t increase. Hide said, “Be more active”. So I answered, “Yes, Sir”

caption : On August 26, 1997, hide presents MIX LEMONeD JELLY

narrator : And the club event hosted by LEMONeD was held. The days when the internet was not yet available. They decided to broadcast the event of four places simultaneously on the internet. The event that surpassed the era. It may look common nowadays, but it was a revolutionary idea for those days. The plan originated with Hide. LEMONeD established by HIDE. A meeting with a band was the occasion for the establishment of this label. One of the bands whose life has changed drastically due to the encounter with HIDE, ZEPPET STORE. They had been releasing their self-produced CDs before the debut in the major scene. Hide accidentally heard the CDs. “I realized the mission given to me besides music”.

Hide : I felt as if the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle was put together. I thought it’s a kind of opportunity or encounter to hear the songs that convey the feeling of composer.

ZEPPET STORE : [♪ GOOD BYE] Please songs tell me true, your melody, no matter where I am ♪

narrator : The road to major debut. Hide was different from other companies that only talked about business. He said that we had a future because our music was awesome.

ZEPPET STORE : [♪ GOOD BYE]  I'll easily be able to start walking along ♪

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : Once Hide has fought his staff because of us. He heard from the staff that Zeppet Store was not commercially viable. “If you don’t know how to sell, try to like them. Listen to their music until you really like theirs.” Hide exploded with fury and hit the wall to make a hole.

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : He told the staff “You’re fired”. I was looking at them vacantly.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He looked so disappointed. He was angry but somehow looked disappointed. We were happy to see him like that though.

narrator : Hide made Zeppet Store debut and decided to tour the US at the same time.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : Probably that’s what he wanted to do. Looking back, he wanted it himself for sure. Because Hide let us tour with his own money.

caption : May 1996

host : (in English) Ladies and gentlemen, this is Zeppet Store! (applause)

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He would have been very proud to see Zeppet Store appealed to American audience. “Hey, Did you see? How are they?” to American audience. “The Japanese are really awesome, aren’t they?” He seemed to want to appeal those things. So he kept talking about such things.

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : He suddenly ran out, climbed into the car and knocked as if he were shouting “Go get'em!”

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He ran out shouting and said, “Kimura, I have night blindness so I can’t see ahead well”.

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : Hide jumped off the car and asked “Have you lost anything?” Because Seiji got drunk as well, he replied “No” in a drunken voice.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : “Yeahhhh!” When we stopped the car with excitement, the staff’s car crashed into ours. Boom!

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : Not the staff of Hide’s company but the owner of a sushi restaurant came.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : The owner of the sushi restaurant said “Hey! Hide, what are you doing?” Hide got off the car, saying “I’m sorry”. We decided to stop the frenzy and go back gently. On our way back, Zeppet Store’s song came out on the radio.

< Video clip they took – 1996 >

(In the car, their music is coming out on the radio)

? from Zeppet Store : Nailed it!

? from Zeppet Store : Ah! Hide is rushing over.

? from Zeppet Store : Hide came. Here is the key.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : Hide rushed into us and climbed onto the car we were on.

< Video clip they took – 1996 >

Hide : The Zeppet Store song is coming out on the radio! (applause)

? from Zeppet Store : YEAHHHH!!!!!

Hide : It’s mind-blowing!

? from Zeppet Store : This is it!

Hide : Good! Let’s go! I’ll drive.

? from Zeppet Store : It's dangerous.

Hide : Let’s die like this!

? from Zeppet Store : No, no! (laugh)

? from Zeppet Store : We have a live performance tomorrow morning. (laugh)

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : I think Hide was incredibly touched at that moment. He shed tears of joy and kept cheering us on. Where else would such a person be?

narrator : Hide has produced a number of bands besides Zeppet Store.

J (LUNA SEA) : He discovered us while creating the music he wanted to do. “Do you want to release an album?” It was also Hide who introduced us to Yoshiki. He was a senpai, an older brother, and parents to us.

caption : “shame” (It’s the name of a band)

narrator : There were kouhais who have been discovered by hide but could not meet him.

caption : “defspiral” (also the name of a band) “At that time, they were discovered by Hide while they were active in the name of TRANSTIC NERVE”.

RYO (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / bass) : It’s been 15 years since we made our debut. And I think the reason why we can continue to perform as a band is because of the promise we made at that time.

MASAKI (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / drums) : We have run without hiatus until now because we think hide is watching us.

RYO (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / bass) It’s a sense of mission.

TAKA (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / vocal) : Well, he said our music was awesome. The word that he told us “awesome” is more precious than any other word.

MASAKI (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / drums) : Even though we couldn’t face him directly, we think this is also a kind of an encounter. So we are doing as a band believing that he is always watching us. 

narrator : There are countless musicians influenced by Hide.

caption : June 1996. The production of 2nd album “PSYENCE”

narrator : “I felt that the songs I made last year were crappy. I deleted the parts that would be better to replace”.

narrator : The improvisational parts and the theoretical parts.

I.N.A : Speaking of his double-sidedness, he had an impromptu part and a theoretical part. For example, there was a time when we heard different sounds due to computer data problems. When he heard that, he said, “What’s this? It’s stunning!” And he asked me to analyze the reason why it sounds cool. After this process of analysis, we can have our new techniques available for later use. Along with this theoretical part, he put emphasis on the attitude of “If it sounds good when I listen to it, then I value it as good” (This is hard to translate. I’m sure it means that “Hide instinctively accepted the music as it was regardless of the theory” It’s simple in Japanese, but I don’t know how to write it in English without any further explanation like this. ㅠㅠㅠ) Ability to absorb various things into himself was really awesome.

caption : September 2, 1996, The release of 2nd album “PSYENCE”

caption : September 8, 1996, Chiba Marine Stadium LOMONeD presents hide Indian Summer Special

narrator : The event to announce “PSYENCE” was a unique thing that various performers gathered in addition to the live performers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PviTyH6u88
ㄴ This is the video taken at the event. (POSE)

caption : POSE

HIDE : [♪ POSE] The meaning of today that only God knows is overlapped with yesterday. I’m holding my head that I can’t break. I know. I’ll nail it, dear my sun who never sink. I’m grateful for today and build up stones. Tell me why. ♪

I.N.A : He was quite nervous when he started his second album activity. Because he started with a different concept than his first album. I noticed that he couldn’t hide the nervousness.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He has been a person who kept on amazing and entertaining people since he released his first album. But he became different when he released his second album. It was not hide who put band X in the background. Because he established the style of solo singer Hide, the breadth of his music has expanded. He was free from the constraints of his hands and feet.

HIDE : [♪ POSE] : Everythin' POSE. POSE Everythin' POSE.♪

caption : September 4, 1996, hide solo tour 1996 PSYENCE A GO GO

narrator : September 4, 1996, Hide’s solo tour “PSYENCE Go Go” has began.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was an expressionist. ((They call Hide “表現者”. This word is not registered in the Japanese dictionary. But I can understand the meaning from the kanji and I think “expressionist” is the most equivalent word for it. I’ve translated this word “creator” so far. But I’ll  change the word for it from now on)) He was not a mere player, but he was the person who enjoyed creating and expressing himself. He would have enjoyed the solo activity for sure.

?? : Unexpectedly, he went onstage without the guitar. I was very surprised.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : He had a very objective point of view. He objectively analyzed the activities of his 1st album and planned the 2nd album activity to be without the guitar. It is surprising that he has abandoned the guitar even though he was originally a guitarist. He was not tied to being a guitarist. At that point, he was already an artist.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : He rehearsed again and again and began to think that it would be okay to do without guitar.

PATA : (laugh) It’s certainly true. He gradually gave up playing the guitar. (laugh)

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was not simply aiming to discard the guitar. I think that he wanted to convey the songs and lyrics clearly.

?? : When he finished his 1st album tour and began working on the 2nd album, I think he’s got the confidence as a vocalist.

I.N.A : For him, that was also a way of expressing himself, rather than he thought “I became a vocalist”.

PATA : The fact that he heightened the key of the songs is the proof that he fell into singing. I’d not thought he was poor at singing until then, but at that time I thought “He became a vocalist” for the first time.

I.N.A : When he was a member of X, he was allowed to be a strange guitarist in the band. But when he was soloing, he had to fascinate people himself. At that time, he found something completely new inside. He found the answer on the way, rather than he had the answer from the start.

Hide : Can I sing tomorrow? It’ll be okay.

Hide : Good morning! Place staffs at the exit so they can not find the exit.

narrator : The skills of the staff also improved responding to Hide’s demands. However, hide’s performances were not created self-righteously. He always valued the staff’s opinions.

Hide : Okay, do it.

a staff : Can I do it? Thank you very much.

He completed his ideas by sharing opinions with members and staffs.

Hide : Even if it takes more time, please place the upper cameras as a peeping angle from the top. Don’t pierce holes. Do not pierce holes for the side cameras as well. Just take it from the side please.

narrator : Making things with colleagues.

caption : 信頼 Trust (to obtain purpose)

I.N.A : I’m not sure if he knew how to draw people’s talents or he just did unconsciously. Anyway his ability to bring out people’s talents was amazing.

Kazuko Tanaka (photographer) : He would have been watching everyone on tour. He would have been quietly watching the staff so they didn’t feel like they were being watched by him.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide made people decide like “Let’s work for him”. Only for him, not for the business or the outcome. He had that kind of charm. If someone asks if Hide was a man of virtue, you can answer “Yes, Certainly”. Even though he was not a saint.

Kazuko Tanaka (photographer) : He firmly trusted people and entrusted them with work. He worked with the staff that way, so all the staff presented their idea voluntarily.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : He asked the members to come forward. He told the members that they could stand in front of him on stage. He used the same vehicles and hotels as the members.

Takahashi Emi (stylist) : Hide has often told us that the staff are those who does the same things as him. Usually the staff and singer use different hotels. But Hide always stayed with the staff.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:00:57 AM by lakeisle »

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: March 16, 2018, 09:13:32 AM
Thank you again, lakeisle! This was the best part of the documentary so far. Not sure why (spring air breaking through the winter idleness, maybe), but this part moved me quite a bit. I'm at work smiling weirdly at my screen right now  ;)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #65 on: March 16, 2018, 10:08:48 AM
Thank you lakeisle-nim! :) It is really interesting to read these. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with your English, so don't underestimate yourself, please. :) your tenses and definite/indefinite article use is perfectly all right :)

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: March 16, 2018, 11:14:37 PM
Wow lakeisle... more and more interesting... thank you!!
hide's personality really comes out from this excerpts... and I'more and more convinced of his talent...

(52:14~01:09:50)

“I’m not a producer, but a collector. If you have something interesting, bring it with you. I want to make a label like a toy box containing everything."

The combination of “kowai(怖い:scary)” and “kawaii(可愛い:cute)”, the new word “kowaii” became its concept.

Hide: Let’s die like this!

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : I think Hide was incredibly touched at that moment. He shed tears of joy and kept cheering us on.

I.N.A : Ability to absorb various things into himself was really awesome. 

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was an expressionist.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : ...If someone asks if Hide was a man of virtue, you can answer “Yes, Certainly”. Even though he was not a saint.

Don't worry about your english! It sounds good... I can easily understand doubts... The sequence of tenses is a nightmare for me... :o

Your scars are beautiful

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: March 17, 2018, 01:03:19 AM
Prepositions... I randomly pick one of "at", "on", "in" or whatsoever...

I worked for 8 years for an american company, with american customers and american staff. And I still don't know exactly when I have to use in/on/at.

You are doing a great job and your english is not even remotely as bad as you may think.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: March 17, 2018, 05:26:17 AM
Thanks, lakeisle! I really got into that one.  Hide was so "deep" as we say, here.  Not superficial in any way.  And very, very talented, even though I am sure that was not what he intended when he would just DO things his way or things came to him to just do something.  Not planned in other words.  It came from his heart and the deep recesses of his soul.  He was absolutely brilliant and may not have even realized it.   I am in awe. 

And your English is fabulous - nothing to worry about at all in any way! Thank you, again!

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: March 17, 2018, 07:33:15 PM
helenmoon,

Right? When I first discovered the band, I didn't understand why he was so much idolized. But as I learn more and more about him, I get more and more fascinated with him. He may not be the best guitarist of all time or a flawless saint, but he is so brilliant and lovely. I can see how much he's loved by his colleagues.

Joker,

Really? Am I not the only one who are confused by all of those prepositions... haha I'm relieved. Thank you for your encouragement.

LEMONedMe,

You're right. Hide was so deep and not superficial. I think we can grasp only fragmentary aspect of him though. His colleagues say they couldn't understand the whole world of hide, and had to keep distance from him, but I don't think that means hide was hypocritical or closed or something(I do not know the proper word). He is a type of person who causes people to be curious about him. Probably he didn't intend it but as a result, he was. I think the trait of him makes people feel that they don't understand him well.   

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: March 20, 2018, 10:51:31 AM
(01:09:50~01:28:40)

caption : Hi-Ho

HIDE : [♪ Hi-Ho] I love your phrase. The code broken due to my bad feeling is playing a sweet and sad love song. Like a cartoon with a broken balance, your everyday life is not organized. Happy days & Happy nights full of things I don’t care. I like your world full of wasteful things. Hi-Ho. I like your world full of wasteful things. Hi-Ho. If you don’t mind, let’s take trivial brats with us. Hi-Ho! Getting wet with you, obscene and cool tone... ♪

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : I felt I had lost the initiative. Hide made what he wanted to sound clearly and expressed it in live performances. I was part of his accomplishment, but I felt a little bitter.

HIDE : [♪ Hi-Ho] A song that doesn’t really matter, a trash-like scenario. Hi-Ho. I’m dancing to a crappy song . Hi-Ho. The victory of your attraction that is not mixed even though it’s idling. Hi-Ho! I love your world full of only useless things. Hi-Ho. If you don’t mind, let’s dance with useless us.

Tetsu : It was a whole new world unlike before. I was surprised enough to scream unconsciously. There was a tremendous evolution between the 1st album and the 2nd album.

PATA : I didn’t think it was unexpected. I knew Hide was into pop.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He wanted to express the feeling of being merged into one. He seems to have wanted to take out the things from his drawer and play music named Hide. His second album properly expressed the feeling.

photographer : Now, let me take a picture. Click!

narrator : Hide’s antenna was extended from Japan to the world. The second solo album and zilch album “3.2.1” were produced almost at the same time.

caption : zilch “3.2.1”

narrator : Ray McVeigh, formerly a supporting member of Sex Pistols. Paul Raven, who was a member of Killing Joke. A band that formed with the two, hide’s challenge to the world, it was zilch.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : I was a little bitter. Because we also wanted to challenge the world stage. After listening to the CD, however, I was convinced that Hide was being already accepted in the world.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He said he was very nervous at that time. He said “If this doesn’t work, it’s hopeless. I have a hunch now”.

narrator : However, the release date that hide wanted was lost due to contract issues.

J (Luna Sea) : If zilch’s album was released worldwide just in time, I believe the terrain of the world music has changed. He advanced crushing a multitude of things to reach that position. His effort until then was great.

narrator : Hide discovered the strength of the Japanese through the activities of zilch.

I.N.A : He was confident that he could produce equal results (as westerners). “We Japanese also have the strength to compete with the world”.

narrator : “I don’t want to conceal the fact that the Japanese produced it”.

Hide : I wanted to let them know the beauty and fun of Japanese when it becomes music. I believe I won if there was no sense of incongruity despite I set Japanese lyrics to heavy rock on purpose. Whether I sing in Japanese or English, I want to make sure there is no difference in sound. In a word, it is something to deliver. I know that if the listeners are English speakers, I need to make it in English. But I want to let them know that it was originally made by Japanese. I want to share the unique complexity and beauty of Japanese with them.

narrator : Taking the complexity and beauty of Japanese as a basis for songs. "I never think that the tone of rock is not suitable for Japanese. I would like to write Japanese lyrics that have a taste of words that even foreigners can feel wonderful". Hide’s will is reflected in his third album, “Ja, Zoo”. Hide and I.N.A embarked on the production of the songs. Hide, who was speeding up, but after a few month...

caption : September 22, 1997, X Japan disbandment announcement

Hiroshi : It was just after the press conference announcing the disbandment of X. The fans who saw TV gathered. I was driving slowly through the crowded fans. I thought my brother would open the window and say something to them. But he was not seen in the rearview mirror. Looking back, he was lying in the back seat. “Go fast! How can I show my face to them at this time? Go fast! I’m not able to face them”. He decided not to make the fans sad, but he couldn’t keep the promise himself. He said he was really bitter. Because he betrayed the fans.

I.N.A : At the press conference, fans were gathering in front of the hotel. We passed the place and went to Hide’s house. And there we made “Rocket Dive” together. I remember the day. Of course we couldn’t finish it. “INA chan, let’s stop today”. After that he went out somewhere. 

narrator : Hide’s regular bar Rally, where he used to drink with his colleagues every night.

caption : Rally

Kadono Hasashi (RED SHOES/Rally owner) : After the press conference, he came to the bar alone. After talking this and that, he finally cried. At that time, Hide found his direction as he began his solo career, so I thought he would finish X and commit to soloing. I didn't know why he was crying. In retrospect, I realize that hide had a deep affection for the band.

Hiroshi : For hide, X was the band that couldn’t be better. The band would have been like a family or home to him. If someone said “former X member Hide”, he was very angry. “Not former!”

narrator : After crying for a long time, hide showed a smiling face talking about the future.

caption : December 31, 1997 X Japan The Last Live

narrator : The day after the X Japan The Last Live

caption : January 1, 1998

narrator : January 1, 1998

caption : January 1, 1998 hide with Spread Beaver starts activity

narrator : He started his activity as “Hide with Spread Beaver”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRsragh9ADQ

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] It’s generally similar everyday, but it’s OK in its own way. However, somehow I look up  the sky. ♪

caption : January 28, 1998 “Rocket Dive” Release

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] Boys & Girls who totally fell into a reverie. They laugh after their mind was read. But it’s not true. ♪

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide said “Rocket Dive” was a song that was once held off. At that time, he needed to encourage the fans who had gone through X’s disbandment, so he decided to work on the song again.

I.N.A : He worked on “Rocket Dive” around the time of disbandment press conference. So the contents of the lyrics reflect the fans that hide saw.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : I felt his strong intention in order to give pleasure to the fans who were wandering. I think that’s the message of Rocket Dive.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] You may feel so empty. There is nothing, which means there is anything. You can go anywhere, wherever you want to go. A soaring rocket. Launch before it rusts. ♪

Kyo : Until then, he used to make something inside of himself into messages and then work off into the songs. But Rocket Dive gave him a chance for change.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] When you start flying, you are a complete rocket. Come on! space age baby rocket dive. Bungy dive to an invisible place. Into a universe where new stars twinkling. Sail away. ♪

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : I asked him what the “Spread Beaver” means. He then said (hand gesture) “It means this” (laugh) So I said “What? Why did you make such an embarrassing name?” And he said “I wanted to make the most embarrassing name”.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : When someone used the word “workplace”, then he got angry and shouted “It’s not a workplace!”. (laugh)

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide had a strong desire to have a band. He said “You guys are a band. You are not my session musicians”.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He said it was a good idea to give our band a name. He said there’s nothing to change because we were a band from the start.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : We were promoted from our perspective. Until then we’d been supporting players, but since then we’ve become members of the band. I really became a member of the band.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] I want to fly to an invisible place. High-speeding you are a moment’s spark ♪

caption : 僕がロックをやるにあたっての名義 (The reason I play rock music)

Hide : I will continue with rock music in the future. And it’s like a master’s mindset. I belong to Spread Beaver too.

caption : “Spread Beaverっていうところに所属しているって形” (I belong to Spread Beaver)

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] Into a universe where new stars twinkling. Sail away. ♪

narrator : “This year, I will fly like a rocket”. Hide said so. 

caption : hide with Spread Beaver / X Japan

narrator : hide with Spread Beaver and X Japan.

Hide : I can’t even compare, basically. There was a boss called Yoshiki in the band X. So when I was in X, I freely played guitar depending on the attraction of Yoshiki. I was very pleased with the title of a “weird guitarist”. But now things are totally different. Because I have to care everything and have to do a lot of different things. We used to share all the achievements in X, so one-fifth of the power was assigned to me. But now, I have to exert my power 100%. When I get tired, I get tired 100%. When I lose, I lose 100%. When I win, I win 100%.

narrator : Producing of the 3rd album “Ja, Zoo”.

caption : April, 1998 Los Angeles

Hide : Pseudo rock star! (laugh)

narrator : He evolved the experience he obtained through the 2nd album “PSYENCE”.

caption : PSYBORG ROCK

narrator : The word created by Hide, “Psyborg Rock”.

INA : The base of the album “Psyborg Rock” existed in the 2nd album “PSYENCE” already.

narrator : After disassembling each note played by a person, they reassembled it and stacked it up in several layers. Then they mixed their computer-generated music with this. Psyborg rock meant that the tone of human and machine were fused together. The style created with I.N.A.

Hide : Formally I was soloing when I belonged to X. I was a solo singer without a band. Since I didn’t have members, I became dependent on the machine. The way I envisioned is that when I sing and play the guitar, the computer aids. We proceeded in that way and eventually reached here.

I.N.A : We already used that method a lot when we worked on the first album. We sampled the phrases of the guitar. Pressing each keyboard key causes each guitar’s phrase to sound. We made songs by playing this keyboard. We’ve been experimenting with such a variety of things.

Hide : It’ll not change much. Rock music will continue to be played through human groups and machine groups. According to the genre classification in Japan, it’s called “Visual Rock”, but visual rock doesn’t mean music. So I wanted to declare it a “Psyborg Rock”. It’s still questionable whether this is music. I’m making noise that it will be fun if this becomes trend.

Eric Westfall (Recording Engineer) : (in Japanese. He speaks fluent Japanese) Hide has an international mindset that is not limited to Japan. He is working in Japan because he is a Japanese. But I think he will be successful enough to release albums here. When I let my colleagues listen to his music, they were all surprised a lot.

Hide : Overall, it’s not much different from the previous two albums. I think I achieved some of the goals I wanted to achieve in this album. I think this album will strongly show the fusion of my aspiration as a singer and the rock music I wanted to do.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: March 20, 2018, 03:48:57 PM
I'm going to have to read this several times in order to digest the whole thing, correctly.  But WOW! I get it, I really do. Thanks so much, lakeisle! <3 You're the greatest!  :)

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: March 20, 2018, 10:48:07 PM
lakeisle you are doing a really great job!! ;) Every time I read a new translation of this film it's like watching him living his life at that time... I'll read and re-read it again, it's full of suggestions.
Hide was certainly endlessly changing, conveying his multiple talents in his (last) new album...
and yet I cant't help noticing that in the last videos his face was somehow 'cloudy' and his smile was not the same; OK, perhaps he wore braces ;D, or simply his stage character was evolving, but I'd rather think something had happened... probably X Japan's disbanding (and who knows what else) hit him really deep inside.
As a guitarist he was good, yet not the very best of the world... he had so many personal issues and yet his music and his looks were always vital, really beyond time and problems... his lyrics so disenchanted and provocative, but very far from gloomy atmospheres.
Wouldn't surprise me if somewhere he was happy to know his art keeps delighting fans so much till now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:02:31 AM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: March 21, 2018, 11:05:25 AM
LEMONedMe and helenmoon,

Thank you for reading. Probably it will be hard to understand my writing. First, because my English is perfect 8) 8) 8) (sorry, guys) Second, because this documentary is a mosaic of interview pieces. There are difficult parts to understand, even if you are a Japanese speaker.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He ran out shouting and said, “Kimura, I have night blindness so I can’t see ahead well”.
YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : Hide jumped off the car and asked “Have you lost anything?” Because Seiji got drunk as well, he replied “No” in a drunken voice.
Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : “Yeahhhh!” When we stopped the car with excitement, the staff’s car crashed into ours. Boom!

For example, I guess at this point that they were drunk driving. I think the part that directly suggested drunk driving was edited out. This part does not go smoothly.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : I felt I had lost the initiative. Hide made what he wanted to sound clearly and expressed it in live performances. I was part of his accomplishment, but I felt a little bitter.

This part is also out of place. I guess Kiyoshi is talking about his feeling when he heard about hide's other solo project, zilch. There are some parts that is not in order. Feel free to ask me, if you have anything you don't understand.

And I strongly recommend the "Junk Story" DVD, if you do not have it. This is full of precious scenes.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: March 21, 2018, 11:12:25 AM
And I strongly recommend the "Junk Story" DVD, if you do not have it. This is full of precious scenes.

Aww... :-* OK, another break in my salary  :P

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #75 on: March 25, 2018, 03:03:03 PM
There's a few minute cut subtitled here http://www.sugizofans.com/home/2018/03/25/junk/

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: April 28, 2018, 08:38:54 AM
I haven’t been able to post for a long time, but I finally finished it. :D FYI, this documentary focuses on hide’s music life rather than his death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
(01:28:40~ The end)

caption : その先に見据えていた未来 (The future spread in front of him)

narrator : One night, only me and Hide drank without other people for the first time. Growth of younger brother. It was the time to achieve recognition as the aide to Hide and to share the plan for the future.

Hiroshi : Hide said “Be my spokesperson so you can speak equally to me”. I was surprised when I heard that.

Enatu Yojo (Security) : Hide would have kept it in his mind. I speculate that he had a harsh whip on Hiroshi because he wanted his brother to be his spokesperson someday.

Hiroshi : Zilch had been trying to do overseas activities since then, hide with Spread Beaver had also been on the rise. “We are going to be very busy because I am aiming for overseas activities”. He said that he couldn’t fight unless he had the carefully selected staff. Until then, Hide was the president and the artist, but from then on he decided to quit the president job and concentrate on the artist job, namely hide’s works. He didn’t ask me to be the president, but said “Stand in front of people as my spokesperson”.

narrator : Artist and manager, older brother and younger brother. The person he can show his bare face. “Be my spokesperson”

caption : 俺の代弁者になってくれ (Be my spokesperson)

narrator : Hide almost reached the future he always had dreamed of.

caption : May 13th, 1998. release

narrator : “Pink Spider” was released following “Rocket Dive”. The lyrics have storytelling.

Hide : The “Pink Spider” means a spider that caresses the delusion. Web spinned by spiders is “web” in English. The web is the best way for us to gain information. The internet is an example. That’s how the spider that spewed the web to collect information should live only in the web that he created. The spider who doesn’t know other world is deluding himself that the web he spinned is the source of information. It is a story of a man who is trapped in a delusion and doesn’t know outside. At last, the spider longs for clouds and flies to another world called sky. He admires the clouds and ascends to the sky. In fact, clouds are only a component of the sky. After all, the spider ends up becoming just a part of the sky.

(( In japanese, spider[クモ : kumo] and cloud[雲 : kumo] are homonyms. It’s interesting that kumo(spider) admires kumo(cloud) and becomes kumo[cloud] ))

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : I asked him, “Did you borrow the lyrics from a tale? If not, is there a model of the lyrics?” He didn’t answer. It seemed that he didn’t want to answer, so I tried to change the topic. Then, about 5 seconds later, he said “It’s my story”.

Hide : My new single “Pink Spider” that is scheduled to be released on May 23th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hide : [♪Pink Spider] You put a thread of lies on all sides. You believed your little world was the whole world. You hurt everyone that comes near you. You thought the sky would be a square. “This is all... Everything is like this anyway, isn’t it?” You said that and that’s a lie. Because your loud appearance looked lonely, a bird of paradise talked to you strangely. “Eat butterfly’s wings and come over, to paradise” “Up there, you may do as you please”. (Pink Spider) “I want to go” (Pink Spider) “I want wings”. You ignore the desperate plea of the captured butterfly and are just staring at the sky. “It is not that I hurt you because I hate you. It is just because I have no wings and the sky is too high”

(narration) “Use my wings, Spider. You don’t know the painfulness of eternal flying as of now. But someday, you’ll realize that you’ve been flying only in someone’s hands, and you have called it freedom”

Can’t fly well with the borrowed wings, falling headlong, (Pink Spider) “It’s over now” (Pink Spider) “Even though I can see the sky” (Pink Spider) “It is a failure” (Pink Spider) “I wish I had wings...”

Beyond the barely visible sky, birds are heading south “Let’s fly again, cutting these threads off, with my own jet engine, when that cloud passes by...”

Pink Spider, the sky is calling me, Pink Spider, Pink Spider

A peach colored cloud (as stated above, cloud can also be interpreted as a spider) flows through the sky... ♪

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

narrator : Hide came back from LA where he stayed for a long time for promotion. That night, he finished the recording of a TV show and took part in a wrap-up party as always. The mood was heightening with his colleagues who have met in a long time. That night, he talked about the future of “hide with Spread Beaver”. Anecdotes about TV appearance and performance, schedule of tour, things to do as a band, thought about members... “I wanna live as a band member. I wanna keep going with my band” 

Yoshiki : I thought someone tried to fool me. So I decided to come back to Japan. I couldn’t believe it. I thought there might be a conspiracy. I hoped it would be a conspiracy.

caption :
1998年5月2日 頸椎牽引を泥酔時に行なったための突然の事故
(May 2, 1998, Sudden accident by doing cervical vertebra traction treatment during drunkenness)

narrator : It was an accident at home.

Hiroshi : After driving him home that day, why didn’t I ever think of going up to his place? The situation would have changed if I did it. On the day of the funeral, I left the funeral hall holding a portrait of the deceased and people were rushing in. I told them  repeatedly “I’m sorry, I’m sorry”.

caption : 東京 築地本願寺 (Tokyo, Tsukiji Honganji)

Hiroshi : I told him “We can’t see anymore. This is the last time”. I came out of the funeral hall holding a portrait of him, and the voice of people from everywhere sounded like scream. Compared to their screaming and crying, I thought the portrait was too light.

Hide : [♪Flame] Dear my sun, should I know how low&low? Dear my moon, should I know how low&low? Dear my stars, if you hear the stars’ lamentation. Like a wind, it’s a small sound. Sadness will spread his arms and hug your shoulders. He will wrap you with the gently shaking dance. It’s the flame of sadness. Dear my mind, no matter what misfortunes, you need to say hello to them. Dear my hurts, Let’s get rid of the heavy stuff (like a wind) that you are always carrying. If it’s going to be forgotten by getting soaked in the night breeze, widen your stride.

narrator : Even though there wasn’t hide, the third album was completed. The person who succeeded Hide was Hide’s right-hand man, I.N.A.

I.N.A : I wanted to complete the album because I saw the people who gathered in Tsukiji. (crying) Excuse me. Suddenly I recall the memory. (wiping tears) Sorry. I wanted to deliver hide’s songs to the people somehow. I will never forget the scene forever. 

Hiroshi : I was about to complete the album “Ja, Zoo” on my responsibility. I can’t make music, so I asked I.N.A to complete the album in order to deliver it to people. I wanted to help people who have cut themselves off from the world and those who have been unable to hear Hide’s music since his death.

narrator : The way to completion of “Ja, Zoo”

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : We had to complete the unfinished album. Because that’s what hide left.

I.N.A : There were songs in draft while there were the finished. Among them, only the recorded songs could be completed.

narrator : Many people voiced their approval or disapproval on the news that “Ja, Zoo” would be completed without hide. It was a very hard work both physically and mentally. Until now, hide has been making a decision. But from now on, I.N.A is responsible for everything.

I.N.A : The hardest part was to make a decision. Because the person to decide has disappeared. The recording began just a week after the funeral. I was mentally really messed up.

caption : I.N.Aの才能を, すべて俺のためだけにそそいでくれ (Use all I.N.A’s talent only for me)

narrator : A week before the album release, hide’s colleagues started a live tour of 12 locations around the country.

caption : October 22, 1998. Yokosuka Arts Theater
hide with Spread Beaver TOUR appear !! “1998 TRIBAL Ja,Zoo”

narrator : The beginning was Yokosuka, the root and shrine of hide. But there were a lot of conflicts between fans, staffs and members about the performance.

I.N.A : What would hide want to do? Wouldn’t he want to play on his tour? Someone said, “Let’s make it happen”.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : “Let’s tour. We have to do it”. But no one was able to start.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : The members and staffs were people who were with hide when he was alive. When we gathered, I felt as if the air sank to the ground. Honestly it was extremely painful.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : There is no case that you go on tour without hero. We couldn’t expect what would happen. We didn’t figure out what to do even though we agonized over it for a long time. But we concluded that it’s better to do than not.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide was gone that way. But we didn’t think like “It’s over. Dismiss!”.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : We concluded that it is better to go on tour both for hide and for the fans.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Unlike heretofore, hide can’t guide direction anymore. Therefore we wondered that who should play hide's role? I.N.A had to do it. Who would do it if it were not I.N.A? Who else? He had been with hide, so we thought it would work well.

Hiroshi : It was a “Ja, Zoo” tour without hide, so I had to ask a lot of things to I.N.A. But I.N.A said he couldn’t do everything because he was not hide.

I.N.A : So I worried about what I should do.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : We were so nervous until we started. How should we do?

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Joe said we were the ones that hide chose, so let’s play as a band. That was a kind of motive.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] High-speeding you are a moment’s spark. Come on! Space age baby rocket dive. Spread your wings and you fly. Adios to yesterday I just waited♪

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : As soon as the live started, everyone there was crying. We cried and all the audience cried too. Everyone cried sadly. Is there such a concert?

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : Stress was beyond belief. The relationship between the members became strange. The staff also seemed to be out of their mind.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : On second thought, it was a little reckless. But I think it was good to do. We started in order to finish it but it does not end. It’s not over yet. We’re still on that extension.

Hiroshi : From the beginning of the last live day for “Ja, Zoo”, I kept apologizing to the audience. I was grateful to those who came, but I was much more sorry for the audience.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : As the tour went go, the audience enjoyed it. Thanks to that, the members were also healed. If the tour went on like the first day, members’ hearts would have broken. In hindsight, we tried not to distinguish between those who were fans from the old times and the general audience who came to the concert. If we split the two, we had to accept hide’s death.

I.N.A : I was being distressed from start to finish. But it was meaningful that we laughed, even though the laughter was against our will. 

narrator : They thought about the future, not the memorial service.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] The crazy season is overflowing endlessly. ♪

caption : Released on November 21, 1998. The 3rd album “Ja, Zoo”

narrator : Completion of “Ja, Zoo” full of agony and conflict.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] The crazy season is overflowing endlessly. When the leaves of the ivy widely spread their roots, the scenery seen in the eyes passes away without sound ♪

I.N.A : What I want to know and listen to as now is “Ja, Zoo” that I made with hide. I really want to listen to it.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] I don’t need to be saddened by the kicking of memory, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy ♪

I.N.A : I still think that it’s good enough. At that time, it was enough and it still is.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] There is no way to figure out, only the clarity went out yesterday ♪

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : We can’t change the fact that hide passed away. I think finding out how we should live after that is the homework left for us. I am not sure if I could continue to be a musician unless I met hide at that time. I lived a really good time with him.

Takahashi Emi (Stylist) : I really appreciate him for training me this much. I came up with him doing everything in my power for fear of being left behind him.

J (Luna Sea) : Honestly, I still do not believe hide has passed away. I feel as if he’s here forever, and will say “Let’s do well” again.

Tetsu : He showed a lot of fun things. He showed wonderful things as well as fun things. It was love. He would have been able to act if it was only on stage. But he was the same offstage.

Kadono Hasashi (RED SHOES/Rally owner) : The people around hide, the members, the staffs and everyone who was connected by hide all had the same mind. The bond as colleagues became stronger.

Hiroshi : If hide was alive and if I had grown even more, we would have dared to jump into the world stage. Hide was preparing to advance into the world. I’m going to live life to the full. I will move on carrying hide’s name on my shoulders, carrying him on my back.

PATA : He will continue to play the guitar vigorously. He will form a band again in the other world. He will. Ah, I talked about the other world.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] Let’s meet in spring. ♪

caption : また春に會いましょう (Let’s meet again in the spring)

narrator : 17 years have passed since the day. There are always flowers sent by fans in front of his tombstone. 50,000 fans attended the farewell ceremony. It was the funeral that was attended by the greatest number of people in Japan's postwar history.

narrator : Tsukiji temple “Honganji” where the funeral ceremony was held. One side of the main hall is filled with hearts toward hide. People’s minds have reached from not only Japan but all over the world.

Yoshiki : Thanks to hide, I can be as I am now. I try to let him hear the voice of fans no matter which venue I go to. Sometimes I speak aloud “Please let hide listen to your voices”. I try to spread the greatness of hide to the world. I think that’s the role given to me.

caption : December 10, 2014

narrator : The 3rd album “Ja, Zoo” is still going on. On December 10, 2014, “Co Gal” was released in a period of 16 years. This song was supposed to be on “Ja, Zoo”.

hide : [♪Co Gal] As talking the prepared words in a shy pose, let’s go with the shaking breast fixed. Scattering the winds of the dark world with a rapid jet engine ♪

caption : 当時、hideが残したデモ音源にはラララ~でメロディを歌ったものしか存在しなかった為、再現不可能と思われていた。(At that time, the demo tape left by hide was considered to be impossible to reproduce because only humming remained)

時を経てYAMAHAが開発したボーカロイド歌声合成技術を元に (Over time, based on vocaloid which is a voice synthesis technology developed by YAMAHA)

I.N.Aの挑戦が始まった。。。(I.N.A’s challenge has begun)

narrator : I.N.A collected hide’s voice for four months.

caption : “hideが残した子ギャルの歌詞 (Lyrics of Go Gal left by hide)”

caption : hideの全ての曲のボーカルトラックの中から、1音1音の声を拾い組み合わせていった。それは困難かつ孤独な作業だった。(I picked up every single voice out of the vocal tracks of all hide’s songs and combined it. It was very difficult and lonely work)

I.N.A : When I make hide’s music, I feel like I’m with him. I just want to convey it to people who like hide.

hide : [♪Co Gal] I don’t mean it. Until the day it collapses, I’ll fuck you and jelly. Even if everything is disappeared, let’s keep hugging ♪

caption : hide愛用のGuitar (Hide’s favorite guitar)

caption : MASATO (defspiral / guitar)

caption : Joe (hide with Spread Beaver / drums)

narrator : Co Gal was completed with a great restoration technology. “Ja, Zoo” was completed after a long time. But didn’t he have an empty heart when his work with hide was over?

I.N.A : The important thing is not changing. The work with hide is the same. There is no big difference between now and the days when hide was alive.

narrator : “I’m still with hide”. The song was completed as an extension of that thought.

hide : [♪Co Gal] The tragedy in your eyes is like watching a video. ♪

narrator : Completion of “Co Gal”

hide : [♪Co Gal] I give a kiss to the part of you where there is no love. I give a kick to your tomorrow without a dream. ♪

narrator : I want to keep delivering hide’s music, beyond generations.

caption : 崩れ落ちる 日まで (Until the day it collapses)
2人 焼けおちるまで (Until two of us burn down)
最後の カウントは (The last count is)

hide : [♪Co Gal] Until the day it collapses, until two of us burn down, the last count is ♪

narrator : Hide’s wings that were called spoiled still keep flapping.

caption : JUNK STORY

● It’s an end credits from here.

caption : hide

hide : I haven’t played enough yet!

caption : 松本秀人 (Matsumoto Hideto)
HIDE

hide : [♪Junk Story] There are so many things I want to see. The beautiful scenery I have seen before. ♪

Yoshiki : I’ve been to Disneyland with him. Both of us were very noticeable. Hide said “We are more eye-catching than Mickey Mouse”. Even though it’s not so meaningful. Aren’t you going to make the second episode of “Junk Story”? (laughs)

hide : [♪Junk Story] Sid Vicious dances at 25 o’clock. The black discs turning round and round always show dreams. The lame guitar sound ♪

PATA : Is it really okay for this kind of talk to spread? (laughs)

hide : Bang! Bang!

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : Everyone was naked. “We can’t go outside naked!” (laughs)

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : I heard that the last song’s title he left was “Go Gal”. What the hell is he thinking? (laughs)

hide : If you are healthy, enjoy live performance. You will be healthy.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Haha, I made a mistake.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : I thought “Are they really idiots?”

Tetsu : Hide let me listen to his 1st album and asked me to play 4 songs of them. But I had a schedule already and I couldn’t do it. There was “Tell Me” among the songs. Afterwards, when I picked a song to play with Kyo for the hide memorial album, I said I wanted to play “Tell me” even though it was too late.

Kyo : Because of that reason, I was pretty pressured.

Seiji Kimura (Zeppet Store) : His head was big and hats were not fit.

Yamada Hiroyasu (classmate) : I often went to hide’s house to hang out. Back in the day, there was something like telemarketing. Hide dialed the number and asked to deliver poop. (laughs)

SEXX GEORGE (LADIESROOM) : I wanted to give him a bashing saying “It’s too fast, bastard”. However, I received bashing 50,000 times by him. (laughs)

Miyagi Hiroshi (Hair & Make Up Artist) : Once he was on stage with “regent cut”. ((regent cut : Japanese call pompadour hairstyle “regent cut” )) He said he was embarrassed, so I turned his hair back to his original style. He said he was embarrassed because everyone looks at him.

hide : What the hell is this? (laughs)

Hiroshi : I was being beaten when I was in elementary school. I ran to the front of my house, then hide came out and mounted on the fellow and beat him. He was fighting well.

I.N.A : We got teased so much at the time of the 2nd album tour. People said it’s the mascot for brothels. ((I don’t know what I.N.A means by “the mascot during the 2nd album tour” in this sentence. Anyone knows?)) I don’t go to brothel. They teased that it’s an angel character for the nationwide prostitution business. I really wanted to stop. I begged hide not to do that because my parents was supposed to come the day. Then hide said “That’s non of my business”. (laughs) I really hated him. It’s all memories. Wouldn’t you hate him to hear that? (laughs) Please never edit this talk out.

hide : [♪Junk Story] Still visible Junk Story, inside of you Junk Story, turning around and around Junk Story, inside of me Junk Story, still visible Junk Story, inside of you Junk Story ♪

hide : Bring it on!

hide : This is hide. See you next week.

- The End -

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #77 on: April 28, 2018, 02:22:11 PM
thank you so much lakeisle :)

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: April 29, 2018, 05:44:12 AM
Thank you, lakeisle. that was quite an undertaking.  So many things.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: April 29, 2018, 07:03:03 AM
thank you so much lakeisle!!! I bought the DVD and now I can understand what thy say!  :-*

Your scars are beautiful

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: April 29, 2018, 09:15:43 PM
I guess though it could be down to what alcohol brings out in people as we all have different reactions.

It always seems that brilliance comes with an unfortunate shadow side.

Oh this. Alcohol releases our real desires.
Sometimes artistic talent and sensibility are like waves, they can boost you, but they can shatter you as well... Seems as if you can't control this force... It's a great mistery.

Your scars are beautiful

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: April 30, 2018, 06:10:15 AM
Thank you for reading, friends!

I really struggled to translate it. (Especially the lyrics of hide songs :'( :'() I know My English sentences are very clumsy, but hope the rough contents are delivered. I will collect the pieces of translations I've posted so far and edit them to make one. Since it is 120 minutes in total, I'm going to mark the time in 15-minute unit. And there are many sentences I have to correct.

Anyway, I hope hide's new documentary "Hurry Go Round" will be subtitled by a professional translator.

Im so torn by Hide. I really don't want to think that it was deliberate but the mind is a very tricky place at times and it is hard to truely know a persons thoughts. Hell, its even hard to understand ourselves at times! I often confuse myself.

Fluffy,

I totally agree with you. I often confuse myself. I often don't know what I want, why I'm upset, what I'm scared about, etc. How can I judge others?

hide's death is a real mystery. I'm relatively new to X Japan and didn't pay much attention to the cause of hide't death until recently. I loosely believed that he died in an accident while he was treating himself because his family and Yoshiki claim so as well as his fans.

But recently I happened to read the police's position. The police reacted to the claim of "traction treatment".

- The towel around hide's neck was torn in half,
- The noose was too small to be judged for traction treatment,
- There were books on suicide in his place.

And I read these on Japanese and Korean communities. It's very reliable.

- Hide fought with a member of Spread Beaver and was in a very bad mood before he died.
(Of course, this is not covered in the documentary "Junk Story")
- On the way home from fighting that day, hide complained to Hiroshi about the member, but Hiroshi didn't comfort hide.
- Hide used to do destructive behaviors, such as jumping from a high place and getting broken.
- Hide was very afraid of getting fat and getting old.

In these respect, he seems to have committed suicide, mostly induced by alcohol.

One thing I can't comprehend is that he died wearing only underpants. Hide was very reluctant to show his naked body to people. Would he commit suicide just in his underpants? It's obscure. There is one conspiracy theory about this, but it seems inappropriate to write on this forum. (But I think many people know about this theory already)

Maybe it's rude to do this detective play about his death. I really don't know how he died. No matter how he left this world, I admire his life and music. I think of him as a happy musician who is still loved by so many people. I believe that he is playing the guitar with Taiji by now. Rest in peace.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 05, 2018, 04:17:34 AM
hide 50th anniversary FILM “Junk Story” translation

● I divided the translation text into 15 minutes unit to make it easy for you to match video and translation text. 
● The narrator frequently recites the line from the standpoint of hide, Hiroshi, I.N.A etc. So don’t be confused.
● Please excuse my grammatically wrong English sentences. I am helpless in that matter. However, if there are any mistranslations in the person's names, place names, year, etc., feel free to tell me. I will gladly edit.

1) 0:00~15:00

Yoshiki (X Japan) : I can't call it 'memory' yet. It's still going on. I would feel like this until all the members die. I think the story of Hide and X will continue as a 'progressive form'.

caption : 進んで行く道標は最初と同じ風のままに (The guidepost which goes forward remains the same as the first)

Hide : Let me talk about next year's schedule. I'll show you a little "Rocket Dive" which I'm still working on. Here you are. This song is going to be released next year. I just finished a meeting with the staff about what to do next year. I can't tell you anymore, but I think I'll be busy next year. I have full schedules from January to December. Next year, I'll release a single that I'm making now. As I said in the magazine interview, I formed another new band based in LA. I'll also release the band's album and perform live concerts. And after the third solo album with this song "Rocket Dive" comes out next spring, it will be early summer. What will be the schedule from early summer to the end of the year? I'm going on a six-month tour. So make money by working part-time. (laugh)

narrator : On December 10, 2014, the album "Co Gal" released in 16 years. Hide is still running. Where does such a fascinating charm come from?

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver / manipulator) : He's the one who changed my life. A lot of things have changed since I met him. The meeting itself seems to be destiny. What did he mean to me?

caption : December 13, 2014. hide Birthday Party 2014 ~ 50th Anniversary~

narrator : Hide's 50th anniversary. Hide's colleagues gathered for his birthday event.

caption : Kawasaki, ClUB CITTA

Hide : [♪ Ever Free] I asked someone, "I lost heart to fall in love". Then the answer with a sigh came back. "How much does it cost to buy love?" I asked the kid, "I've lost the season of dreaming". And then you laughed and said. "Is a dream something to eat?" Looking at the falling sun...♪

narrator : At the same time, it was broadcast in Haneda and Osaka.

caption : Haneda, TIAT SKY HALL
Osaka Sinsaibasi SUNHALL

Hide : [♪ Ever Free] The first melody which is disappearing. Where did I get lost? Your dreams, which others call shit, are shaking in my heart.

Juichi Morishige (Jiggy) : I think he is the one who pioneered the way.

J (Luna Sea) : Hide is someone who discovered our music.

Seiji Kimura (Zeppet Store) : He completely changed my life.

Hide : [♪ Ever Free] Ever Free, Where to Free ♪

Ken Ayugai (MC) : He taught me that there is more than one solution.

Kazuko Tanaka (photographer) : He had a strong sense of justice.

Hyogo Huji (Fernandes Adviser) : He was responsible for his role, and made a good environment for the people around him.

Kyo (D'ERLANGER / Vocal) : He was like a carnivore on stage.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : I thought, "That is Hide".

SEXX GEORGE (LADIESROOM) : I thought, "Another monster came into X".

CUTT : He kept changing but he did not change.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver / guitar) : He was incredibly deliberate.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : No matter how much time passes, the mystery will not be solved. No one can solve the mystery of Hide. He has known it himself.

PATA (X Japan) : I told him, "Why should I play your songs again?" (laughs) I played the guitar with anger.

Hide : [♪Ever Free] The first melody which is disappearing. Where is this headed? Your freedom, which others call shit, is still sleeping with having their wings folded. Ever free, get out of this night. Can I fly freely when I open my eyes? Ever free, where to? free, ever free ♪

YANA (Zeppet Store) : When he came up with a new idea, he developed it like painting over the idea. Who else can do that?

Hide : [♪Ever Free] Fu Fu ever free in your sight. ♪

caption : Yokosuka, Dobuita Street

Hide : There was a place called Dobuita Street where many US soldiers came. I went there almost everyday. I learned all about alcohol, tobacco, and women over there. Back in the day, all the stores on the street were playing rock music. I got interested and went into the store like this. Even though I was scared, I kept going there. And then, I made friends in there and formed a band.

narrator : Hide's first band "Saver Tiger". He played the guitar in the band and entered the musician's path. On December 13, 1964, hide was born. The Home town is Yokosuka, the real name is Hideto Matsumoto. Hide's brother and the personal manager Hiroshi Matsumoto. He is currently the representative of "Headwax Organization", which is founded by Hide.

Hiroshi : My three year older brother hide, to him, his stuff was his stuff, and my stuff was also his stuff. Even if we buy the same things, he said, "Your thing doesn’t matter if it is broken, but my thing is very precious". He painted his own kit ((I don't know the equivalent word in English. They call this "pla model / plastic model" in Japanese. A kind of toys that can be assembled )) beautifully. And he assembled mine in an instant, and threw it away. I hated him. He was a bad guy. (laugh)

Yamada Hiroyasu (classmate) : His drawing skill was not the level of elementary school students.

Hiroshi : When he wrote, the sentences were amazing. One day, he did my homework instead. And I was called to the teacher and asked, "Matsumoto, what books are you currently reading?"

Hide : In my childhood before I aimed for rock music, I was a fat boy. I don't remember what my fat percentage was. It was when I was in elementary school. I came back from lunch and they let me run because I was fat.

Hiroshi : Hide said, "When I was called to the playground, there were only fat students there. They let us run". He kept telling me that he felt very humiliated at that time. 

narrator : The boy, Hide, became interested in guitars.

Yamada Hiroyasu (classmate) : My brother played the folk guitar at that time. I also learned the basic scale. I taught it to Hide.

Yoneyama Yuji (classmate) : "This is do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do". We started like that.

Hide : I started dreaming of playing the guitar, recklessly.

Yamada Hiroyasu (classmate) : He pretended to play the guitar holding a tennis racket.

Hide : Back then, I belonged to the tennis club even though I was fat. I was pretending to play the guitar by holding a tennis racket. Then suddenly my mother came into my room and I was embarrassed.

Yamada Hiroyasu (classmate) : As far as I can remember, Hide said that his grandmother bought him a guitar.

Hide : When I was in 9th grade, I asked my grandmother crying. "Grandma, I want to have Gibson Les Paul" (laugh) Thus, when I was in junior high school, I sang hit songs medley holding an electric guitar. 

Higaki Takaya (classmate) : He used to sing anime theme songs. Hide's favorites were "Mazinger Z", "Devilman", and rock version of "Sazae-san". When the song to perform was decided, he laughed and played.

Hiroshi : He found that his guitar sound was different from the sound coming from TV. Then he asked, "Why is this different?"

Hide : I didn't have an effector, so there was no change in the sound. But I believed that the sound would be different if my guitar skills improved.

Hiroshi : I opened the door of his room and saw what he was doing. Hide ripped the back of the guitar off and was applying glue on it. I asked him if the guitar was broken. He replied that the sound didn't change. I said "It looks to be broken. Is it Okay?", then he said "Get out of here".

Hide : One day, it was noisy so I was wearing headphones. I threw the headphones out and left the room, then, I heard some noise from my room. I went back to my room to see if I turned off the recorder, and I found it sounded from the headphones. At that moment, I thought "This is it! Everyone is doing this way, even Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore and Ace Frehley are doing it this way!" After that, I played the guitar by raising the volume wearing headphones. From then on, I didn't even touch the amplifier, and just broke six or more headphones. (laugh)

narrator : Learning guitar became an opportunity to meet rock music.

Hide : One day in junior high school, my friend let me listen to KISS's music in his house. But I didn't like KISS's makeup. Thus, I borrowed the tape, but I just put it away. One day, I had nothing to do, so I listened to that tape. After listening to it, I was shocked, "What's this?" It was the first time I was hit by a thunderstorm of music. I started thinking that I was born for rock. From then on, my Rock'n'Roll life started.

narrator : Later, Hide left these words.

caption :
“あの時の君から離れなければ, その答えは見つからないと思っていた”
“If you do not get away from you of those time, you will not find the answer”

narrator : You can't find the answer unless you stay away from yourself in the past. It took quite a long time for the idea to change. Time to reach an unimaginable future for an ordinary boy.

Hiroshi : He stared at an audience who didn't focus on the concert. Then he suddenly jumped into the audience and beat him with a guitar. I was shocked to see it.

narrator : He kept replacing members to raise the band's level. Conflict and anguish arose because of the members to be removed.

Yamada Hiroyasu (classmate) : I heard he was suffering from members problem.

Hiroshi : While strictly managing the members to be professional, he seemed to be sad every time he changed members. Sometimes he sobbed in the room.

narrator : Then the moment the best members come together came. They were vocalist "Kyo" and drummer "Tetsu".

interviewer : How was Hide?

Kyo (D'ERLANGER / Vocal) : Hide's way of working was...

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER / Drums) : Hide revealed himself in his work.

Kyo (D'ERLANGER) : That's true. He came with raw ideas and completed them with the people in the studio.

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER) : He was improvised.

Kyo (D'ERLANGER) : He didn't like the typical things.

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER) : He bothered us to do this and that. Actually I didn't understand why he had us do that, but after finishing it, I ended up understanding him. He was a follower of intuition.

narrator : The three major garbage bands in Kanto region that influenced Indies scene. Saver Tiger was one of them. Also, X, which greatly influenced Hide's life.

Yoshiki : Hide was biting raw meat at a livehouse. I thought, "Who is that weirdo?" I didn't want to get very close with him.

2) 15:00~30:00

Yoshiki : But he was very cool. He was chewing raw meat and was very sensual. I already knew at that point that he and I would be together.

narrator : One of the three major garbage bands in the Kanto region, DEMENTIA.

Shigeru GEESS Kosugi (the president of HOWLING BULL / ex-DEMENTIA vocal) : He had a very fancy makeup, but his personality was quite humble. But when the performance begins...  Hide's aura was awesome. I thought, "This guy is crazy".

narrator : At that time, Hide said :

Shigeru GEESS Kosugi (the president of HOWLING BULL / ex-DEMENTIA vocal) : Hide said, he hated himself. That’s why he created the present Hide. And he said that he was worried about whether he could produce Hide well as he imagined himself or not. He said that Hideto Matsumoto is desperately producing Hide to be more beautiful than anyone. He already knew that way at that time.

caption : “松本秀人がhideをプロデュースする” (Hideto Matsumoto produces Hide)

narrator : Hideto Matsumoto produces Hide. The idea has been reflected in subsequent creative activities. It's the evidence that there was a character of Hide, back then. Hide is well-known as an artist with double-sideness. 

caption : “二面性” (double-sideness)

narrator : "Hideto Matsumoto produces Hide". Does that way of thinking lead to the two sides of Hide?

caption:
頭蓋の中 飛び回る
僕に似てる 2匹のムシが
囁けば 逆らえず
僕は飼われてるのか? (Breeding)

Flying around in the cranium
Are two worms that resemble me
When they whisper, I can’t refuse.
Are they breeding me? (Breeding)

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver) : The relationship between Hide and Hideto Matsumoto was perfectly that of two sides. He didn’t mix the two together, right? The two couldn’t be one.

Kanno Hideo (photographer) : He had as many shadows as light. He was an expressionist himself, but he might have had frustrations and conflicts about that he could not express.

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was a perfectionist but was not perfect. Thus, he seemed to have always aimed for perfection.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was a very delicate person. So I had to keep distance from him to be friends with him. Even if you get acquainted with him, you will not understand the whole world of Hide.

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was not a rock star whose personal life was a mess. He took care of very trifling things. But when he drank, he used to become violent.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was spoiled and sincere at the same time. (laughs) He was double-faced inside.

Takahashi Emi (Stylist) : There were two worlds within him. He had a part to enjoy, but sometimes he acted like it was calculated.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : “Two-sided” is a word for Hide.

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hideto, the boy, remains intact. And Hide was born as a new personality. Hideto Matsumoto had “rock star Hide” inside. We shared a lot about music. But I feel like I did not understand Hide in a human way. The more I think about it, the more I feel it.

narrator : Hide’s character was a mask that fascinated people. But this may had been the cause for the conflict of mind at times.

caption : “自分をコントロールしてる奴がいるっていうことは、小学校の頃からずっと感じていた。単純に、裏と表ということじゃなく” (I knew that there was someone who was controlling me from the time I was in elementary school. It’s not simply about the inside and the outside)

narrator : “Saver Tiger”, the starting point of Hide. Their leap with ideal members. However, there was some hindrance on their way. 

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER / Drums) : Hide’s attitude and mindset seemed to be very irrational to me. Hide was not going to compromise. I said, “I can’t accept it, I’ll quit”. Because if I stayed in the band, there would be only conflicts.

narrator : Hide had confidence in the composition of the members. He didn’t want to lose them. Thus, he made an extreme decision.

caption : January 28, 1987, Disbandment of Saver Tiger

(The red neon sign says “Rokumeikan” which is the traditional and legendary livehouse)

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER) : Hide said that if I leave the band, he would also leave the band, and become a hairdresser. I said “Never say that”. But I didn’t want to reverse my decision.

Shigeru GEESS Kosugi (the president of HOWLING BULL / ex-DEMENTIA vocal) : When Hide was in Saver Tiger, I asked him to join us but I was rejected. (laughs)

Hiroshi : There was no reason to suddenly stop playing the guitar for a guy who had been enjoying the guitar for so long. I knew he’d cried a lot.

Yoshiki : I received a phone call. Hide said that he disbanded the band and would quit the music. But he showed indications of wanting to be together. I realized that he was still motivated. At that time, our band was rehearsing. So I asked, “Will you come to see us?”. He came and watched the rehearsal. He seemed to have a lot of thoughts. After that, we went for a drink. He said “I’m going to join X”. We were all surprised and very excited to hear that.

narrator : SEXX GEORGE from LADIESROOM who was the road manager of X at that time.

SEXX GEORGE(LADIESROOM) : I really wanted to stop it. It was tremendously hard for me to manage Yoshiki. Then another monster is joining X? (laughs)

caption : February 1987, joining X

Yoshiki : Hide was brilliant. I knew we will have good chemistry. I was convinced of it when Hide came in, even before playing with him. I thought it would be a new beginning.

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER) : Hide called me and said that he joined X. I told him “Good for you”.

Kyo (D'ERLANGER) : I guess the reason why Hide called Tetsu. Hide knew that Tetsu didn’t want him to quit the music. That’s probably why Hide called. Hide said that even if Saver Tiger had disappeared, the members would spread like embers. He told me, “Tetsu, who put a soul in music is about to form a new band. You are going to pursue a splendid rock’n’roll. And I will take the things that I wanted to show in Saver Tiger to X. And then I’ll change X.” He said each seed would become four times stronger if dispersed. It is an intense reminder of my impression.

narrator : X has achieved a higher leap since Hide’s joining. X’s influence has grown in the indie scene more and more.

caption : COLOR

narrator : At that time, Color appeared in the Kansai region. People used to call it, “X in the east and Color in the west”.

Dynamite Tommy (CEO of sun-krad / COLOR vocal) : There was an accident during the live performance. Japan had a custom, so I suggested to have time for self-restraint. But everyone acted as they pleased. “Fans want us to keep performing”... claiming like that. They didn’t listen to me at all. I asked Hide what to do. And then he said, “There is the custom in Japan. Sometimes you have to follow it.” He gave me several CDs and said, “How about you do this kind of music?” Usually people don’t care about other bands like that. But he said so and I was comforted. I thought he really cared about me.

narrator : X came out of the indie scene and debuted in the major scene. It changes the history of Japanese rock scene. In 1992, X was renamed X Japan to advance into the world and moved their base to LA. The images that came out from the inside. The photobook which became the new page of expressionist Hide. “I don’t need a life-size statue of mine. I want to create a photo album that reverses the existing image”

caption : April 1992, released the first photoalbum “Mugongeki”

interviewer : He seems to be possessed by something.

Kanno Hideo (photographer) : That’s true. He’s possessed. He is running. Just pressing a button makes him go into the another mode right away.

Kazuko Tanaka (photographer) : The man in the straitjacket is staring at something as if he wants to say something. Is he begging to save him? Is he wanting to depend on? Hide’s eyes seemed to say that. That face still remains in my memory.

Kanno Hideo (photographer) : In terms of model or subject, he is really the best. He had the power to go beyond the times. He is the person who must be mentioned in the fashion field. Because he transcended the age.

caption :
Chap 1 : サディストの憂鬱 (The Sadist’s Melancholy)
Chap 3 : 儀信仏 (Buddhist)
Chap 4 : 双生 (Twins)
Chap 7 : 自己中心的な静物 (Self-centered still Life)
Chap 8 : 浄化 (Purification)
Chap 9 : 鍵 (Key)

narrator :  Hide’s poem on each page of the photobook “Mugongeki”. Was there the will for his solo activity hidden in it?

caption : June 13, 1993, Harajuku

narrator : 3,000 fans gathered. Hide decided to do X Japan activities and solo activities at the same time. The announcement of solo debut.

* on the display board : “Solo Debut Determined”

narrator : He was about to perform “OBLAAT” on the street but it was canceled due to the rainstorm.

interviewer : Please say anything.

Hide : I wanted to perform. Let them know this. (whispering “I wanted to perform”)

Hide : I really wanted to perform. (whispering “I really wanted to perform”)

Hide : There is a flood in the upper space. (whispering “Is there a flood above?”)

Hide : There is a fire in the lower space. (whispering “There is a fire in the lower space”)

Hide : That's it. (whispering “That's it”)

Hide : Let’s stop here.

JOE (hide with Spread Beaver / drums) : He said “I’m scared, I’m scared” in a hoarse voice. He probably seemed nervous.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver / bass) : He was very nervous because it was the first tour for Hide.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver / keyboard) : He was very nervous in order to be perfect.

caption : August 5, 1993, The first single “Eyes Love You” and “50%&50%” were simultaneously released.

caption : January 21, 1994, The third single “Dice” was released.

caption : February 23, 1994, The first album “Hide Your Face” was released.

narrator : The pop style of “Eyes Love You” was completely different from Hide’s music until that time.

caption : EYES LOVE YOU

I.N.A : There was a stereotype like “If Hide released something, it would certainly be this style”. He wanted to break that stereotype.   

caption : March 16, 1994, hide FIRST SOLO TOUR ‘94
HIDE OUR PSYCHOMMUNITY
~ Come to Hide’s Room ~

narrator : “I have a pop tendency as well. I put such a tendency intentionally into the single A side. I want people, even who don’t know about me to enjoy it”

Hide : [♪Eyes Love You] Red eyes in the city of Sodom, I collect beautiful women. ♪

narrator : “It was most difficult to be familiar with my own voice”

Hide : [♪Eyes Love You] : Butterflies and moths fastened to needles ♪

I.N.A : I participated in his singing practice. He recorded nearly a thousand times.

Kyo : He was so troubled by recording too many times. I told him that he didn’t have to record so many times. It was the only advice I ever gave him.

Hide : I’m currently singing as a solo. However, when I was an amateur who loved rock music, I really hated vocalists. They all like to meddle in and want to get attentions. I thought that none of vocalists were normal. I thought I was far from vocalists. The way of playing the guitar quietly on one side of the stage was very attractive to me. That’s why I wanted to be a guitarist.

I.N.A : You can see from the album credit. It’s written “Voice” instead of “Vocalist” on the album credit. He seemed to think “I’m not a vocalist yet”. He was still looking for the directions to go forward.

Hide : [♪Eyes Love You] The afterimage of Venus, My eyes love you, let’s love, in a room full of fantasies. ♪

* The stylist who appears at around 18:00 was Hide’s girl friend. She was the first person who discovered that Hide died.

3) 30:00~45:00

Hide : [♪Eyes Love You] Eyes love you, now the eyes have snatched you. My eyes love you♪

narrator : The music friends whom Hide met. Those who should not be lost.

Hide : [♪Eyes Love You] I want to indulge you in it.

Pata (X Japan) : He would not have planned to invite me to his first tour. Ran* suggested him that Pata should join. (laughs) Then I decided to join. I didn’t care much about it though. (laughs)

JOE (hide with Spread Beaver / drums) : The first day we met, we drank and went for another round. We were on our way to another bar. I didn’t know what the problem was, but Hide was smashing a vending machine. I stopped him because he was kicking it with his foot. I asked him if he was upset because it didn't dispense a drink. He said no, so I asked why he was angry. He said nothing Thus, I said “You idiot. Let’s go!” and dragged him. And then, I was talking to someone other than Hide at the bar. Then Hide suddenly stood up to yell, “Am I an idiot?” and hit me. Later, he called me and said he was sorry. He said he couldn’t sleep at all and apologized about his behavior. I said it was okay because it happened while we were drinking and then told him “Let’s drink together again later”. Then he said “Thank you” and hung up the phone. After a while, he told me about his solo album and said “I’ll tour later so I want you to join us”.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver / keyboard) : I was an unknown keyboardist at that time. I was so excited to meet the member of X. Hide was waiting for me with his sunglasses on. I had a heartbeat. I still remember the heartbeat at that time. I felt like I was going to see the count of Monte Cristo. I first met him with such tension and excitement.

Hide : [♪Eyes Love You] My eyes love you, trapped in tears.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver / bass) : Hide’s first impression was... I felt like I saw the bareface of Kabuki actress. His skin was very good. Hide liked Hideyuki.** One day, he was seeing Hideyuki on TV. I was playing behind him then. He said he’d wanted to be with me since he saw me on TV. I first met Hide and heard “Yoroshiku”. Just a handshake with him settled everything. Normally, they ask me to play (for audition). But Hide shook hands and said “Yoshoshiku”. (I don't know how to translate it in English. Yoroshiku is a Japanese greeting. It means ”Please be nice to me”... odd if it is directly translated in English. Anyway, it implies that Hide wanted to be with CHIROLYN from the day on)

narrator : The fateful encounter with I.N.A who had been the manipulator of X. Hide moved I.N.A from the backstage to onstage. Hide and I.N.A had a lot in common about music. So all the songs were made by Hide and I.N.A in collaboration. “The musician Hide is produced by Hideto Matsumoto and INA”. Hide’s solo activity was spurred through the collaboration.

I.N.A : He said he wanted to make the best team by gathering people he liked. He invited me to his team. Instead, he wanted me to exert all my talents only for him. There were another condition. He said, if we work together, we have to work on an equal footing. He said I should not admire him in order to to collaborate. We could collaborate because it was under those conditions. 

narrator : “I.N.A, Use all your talents only for me”. I.N.A who worked as right arm in Hide’s solo activity. The life of I.N.A has changed drastically by meeting Hide.

caption : DICE

Hide : [♪DICE] Everything in front of me looks like monsters. The weight of the time and the specter of the past chase me. I'm being swept away and swallowed by rotting and blowing. The pipe of  consciousness is cut off in a cross shape. Let the flowers bloom as you think. Before it is torn up and wilted. Someday the bud becomes a flower. I'll tell you who are vomiting the ideal♪

I.N.A : The recording of X was over while we were preparing for a live performance. Hide decided to stay with X and I came back to our rehearsal room. There were only people I saw for the first time. Hide said, “Do something with them until I get back”. So I tried to practice with them.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : But we’ve all just met and shook hands. We were not friends. People came into the rehearsal room one by one asking “Is this the studio?” I.N.A was sitting here, me and D.I.E were sitting there. Then I.N.A said, “Chirolyn, play 16 bars by slapping” as if he were a teacher. I thought “What the hell is that guy?”

I.N.A : After that, Hide came back and listened to what we were doing. He was very angry. “What’s this? You’ve done nothing until now.”

PATA : Most members didn’t memorize the songs. (laugh) Of course, I was one of them. (laugh) When I was told “Next song is... ”, then I wore headphones and copied it in secret.

I.N.A : (laughs) “Pata, you didn’t practice at all” (laughs)

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : He got drunk and released his stress out. The fight started with “Why is your hair red?”. We seized each other’s collar and caused a disturbance. I think that Hide was a person who was clumsy in human relationships. After fighting, I felt more comfortable with him. Maybe because I felt in my heart that I wanted to forgive him. So... (thinking) (with his arms folded) On second thought, I feel as if I was deceived by him.

JOE : When we were rehearsing for the first time together, Hide said, “I’m sorry that I like rehearsals”.

PATA : He was worried when we were rehearsing. I asked him “Do we have to do so much rehearsal?”.

KYO (D'ERLANGER) : At that time, Tetsu asked me, “Have you heard Hide’s solo songs?”. I answered “Not yet”, and he said “The songs are very Hide”.   

Hide : [♪DICE] When I stretch out my hand, it drifts away. A reward of vanity, wasted and released libido. The meaning of existence at the end of long suffering. Me, in the mirror crying to let him know. Let me water the dried flower of yours, if the flower doesn’t end. Will the flower bloom or rot? Dice with only two results. Let the flower bloom as you think, before it is torn up and wilted. Someday the bud becomes a flower. I'll tell you who is spitting yesterday. Once and for all dice away(x3), dice away ♪

narrator : HIDE as a member of X Japan, and hide as a solo singer.

I.N.A : X members decided they would do solo activities, and then the recording company said, “If you do, your albums will sell well”. Hide was offended by that words. “Mine sells well? No matter what I do? What does it mean? That’s not music. I don’t want to do those things.” He had such a conflict.

caption : DOUBT

HIDE : [♪DOUBT] Unfold the trick in your hand. Seeds in oil which smell bad enough to be expressed. If it sprouts, it will be your wonderful dinner. The remaining food is scattered and rolling here and there. Take me trash! ♪

narrator : At that time, hide became aware of himself who had got caught up in commercialism. ‘What am I doing?’. “DOUBT” was born in anger of himself. Hide swore to keep singing “DOUBT” so that he would not forget his mind of that moment.

HIDE : Hey gentlemen! Is the water there so sweet? Gentleman, try some musty diamonds. Doubt, doubt, doubt you. Flesh are cut and bones are broken. Doubt, doubt, doubt you. Tuning of rabies singer. Doubt, doubt, doubt you. Flesh are cut and bones are broken. Doubt, doubt, doubt you. Don’t you realize that you are surrounded by enemies?

caption : TELL ME

I.N.A : During the live performance, he realized that he was singing and talking to himself in childhood.  I felt it during the live performance. This guy has been wanting to do something like this.

Hide : [♪TELL ME] Even though I am exposed to the shiny wind, I’m gazing at me that can not be melt. Not even showing the way I walk, the outline becomes clear. The body dancing in illusion is the pantomime, which is the opposite of my mind. The reason to fill up wounds with something is only for me to be myself. Tell me, somebody tell me, please tell me. Even with voiceless words. Tell me, somebody tell me, please tell me. Your voice has not arrived yet. Even though I look for distorted love, it is answerless and meaningless, I’m just greedy. My own voice is being swept away. I can’t hear it until it becomes ashes. Tell me, somebody tell me, please tell me. Who is covering my eyes? Tell me, somebody tell me, please tell me. My eyes are looking at you. ♪

narrator : “I’ve never sang a song about the society. I’ve been singing songs only about my personal story. The theme of this album is ‘initial impulse’. The first listener was myself in childhood. So it’s a very private album.”

caption : “あの時の君から離れなければ, その答えは見つからないと思っていた” (If you do not get away from you of those days, you will not find the answer)

narrator : Hide, who has thought that he would not find answers unless he gets away from his childhood. At the age of 29, however, he wrote to himself in childhood :

caption :
<時空を越えてもう一人の自分に>

前略 少年 松本秀人様

実はアルバムを作ったんだ。テーマは初期衝動。
でもね、出来上がって思ったんだ。
もしかしたらこのアルバムは
君に聴いてもらいたくて作ったんじゃないかって。
君がガラっと変わった瞬間のこと覚えてるかい?
そう、君が初めてあいつらに、
ロックに出逢ったときのことだよ。
僕は今でもあのとき君が感じたワクワクと
今僕が感じているワクワクとは同じだと思ってるんだ。
このアルバムはそれを確認するために
作ったような気がするんだよ。
僕はどうしても知りたいんだ。
なぜ僕たちがあんなにワクワクしたのかを。
君と別れてからこの十何年間
僕はその答えを探す旅をしていた
といっても過言ではないな。
これまでは君から離れなければ
その答えは見つからないと思っていたんだけど
今ではその答えは君と一緒に過ごした
あの頃にしかないような気がするんだ。
だから今回の旅は君と離れていた十何年間を遡る旅だったんだ。
そんな旅の中で見つけたワクワクを
もし君が同じだと言ってくれたとしたら
まだまだ終わりそうにないこの旅を
これからも続けられそうな気がするんだ。
- hide

<To Another Myself, Beyond the Space and Time>

To. the boy, Hideto Matsumoto

Actually I made an album. The theme is “Initial Impulse”.
I think I made it well.
Probably, this album was created for you.
Do you remember the moment you suddenly changed?
Yeah, I’m talking about the moment when you first met rock music. 
I think that you felt in those days and that I feel today is the same.
This album was made to confirm it.
I really wonder.
Why were we so excited?
It’s no exaggeration to say that I have been traveling over a decade to find the answer since I broke up with you.
If I break up with you like this again,
I don’t think I can find the answer.
In hindsight, the answer seems to have existed only at the moment when I was with you.

4) 45:00~1:00:00

So I’m going backwards for decades when I was being separated from you.
If you tell me that you have the same feeling I found on this journey,
I think I’ll be able to keep going on this journey that I can’t see the end yet.
- hide

narrator : One of the staff said : “When the live performance was over, I was often called to the rooftop of the hotel by hide. On the rooftop, hide used to look at the distant landscape without any special words. His breathing back was impressive”.

Hide : Thank you. Thank you for staff’s efforts. Thank gods of rock! (waving arms) Good bye!

caption : 酒 sake (alcohol)

Hide : Once I start drinking, I drink a lot.

Hide : No more!

PATA : When I first met him, he just drank beer at best.

HIDE : I blacked out when I’ve drunk the most. Maybe I drank two bottles of sake.

HIDE : Finally!

kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : He threw a cigarette lighter into a driving taxi. Boom! So the taxi stopped making a noise. We shouted “No, no, no, no, no, no!” (laugh)

JOE (hide with Spread Beaver) : He got drunk again in Sapporo. He was hitting the door of the hotel room making a noise.

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver) : That was my room. (laugh)

JOE (hide with Spread Beaver) : I barely avoided the signboard that Hide was wielding. (laugh)

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver) : I didn’t go out of the room because Hide seemed to be completely drunk. I looked out through the door view and he was rioting. He suddenly picked up a fire extinguisher and hit the door of my room. bang! bang! I was really scared. Eventually the hinge was broken. So I blocked the door from the inside. After a while, he went back to his room. This is what I heard later, but they said that Hide threw many things at the window. (laughs)

I.N.A : Later, Pata told me. If that happens again, I don’t need to hesitate to open the door. Hide will just look around the room and will go back. (laugh)

KYO (D'ERLANGER) : I said “If you are going to go on the rampage here, go back”. Then he didn’t go on the rampage. He never acted violently when he was with me.

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER) : I saw his rampage a lot.

KYO (D'ERLANGER) : (laugh)

I.N.A : He used to apologize the next day. He asked me to forgive him, even though he didn’t recall what had happened. (laugh)

SEXX GEORGE (LADIESROOM) : In hindsight, he was gentle for the degree he was drunk. He seemed to go on the rampage under the calculation. Even if he got drunk and rages, he kept being nervous.

caption : 兄弟(brother) “bond between them”

narrator : HIDE hid both his hard work and his weak side.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : He didn’t reveal his true feelings(本音)... hmm... How should I say it?

JOE (hide with Spread Beaver) : He seemed to have tacitly told me not to get any closer.

narrator : A counterpart who doesn’t reveal his true feelings(本音). And his brother Hiroshi Matsumoto who became a manager of Hide without knowing anything.

Hiroshi : At first, I was so nervous that I couldn’t sleep well. He said “You should tell me everything”. Sometimes I was hit the back of my head with hard shoe by him while I was driving. About six times. The reason was that I greet in a small voice. The greeting like “Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!”. He said “This industry is stricter than it looks. Do it properly!”

Kadono Hasashi (RED SHOES/Rally owner) : Hide’s attitude toward Hiroshi was sometimes too severe.

Enatu Yojo (Security) (* He was in charge of protecting Hide) : Hide didn’t want people would think that he gave Hiroshi preferential treatment because Hiroshi was his brother.

D.I.E : He wouldn’t have been able to treat Hiroshi, who had no knowledge of the music industry, more than just as an errand boy. He seemed to draw Hiroshi into the music industry little by little.

Enatu Yojo (Security) : I think that Hide, in some ways, felt his younger brother was really close to him.

narrator : While he was supposed to live as hide, Hiroshi would be the only place where he could stay as Matsumoto Hideto. The counterpart whom hide could reveal his bare face. "I hope that my brother will grow up to be my colleague. For the future looked ahead."

caption : その先に見据えた未来 (The future looked ahead)

caption : LEMONeD

narrator : Hide’s activities became more various. The label established by Hide, LEMONeD. “I’m not a producer, but a collector. If you have something fun, bring it with you. I want to make a label like a toy box containing everything."

caption : 怖い + カワイイ = コワいい (kowai + kawaii = kowaii)

The combination of “kowai(怖い:scary)” and “kawaii(可愛い:cute)”, the new word “kowaii” became its concept. While designing the stuffs for LEMONeD, he developed clothing business and opened design shops and beauty shops.

Takahashi Emi (stylist) : He said he was going to seek a new office and told me to go with him. Hide said, “We can do whatever here because it’s a shopping mall”. And he asked me “Emi Chan, Would you like to do something here?” (laugh) I replied, “Shall we sell juice here? Because the name of the shop is LEMONeD”. I jokingly said to him, but he told me “Yes, go ahead”.

Miyagi Hiroshi (Hair & Make Up Artist) : I told him that I wanted to run a beauty salon and he allowed me to do it. When I opened the shop, the number of customers didn’t increase. Hide said, “Be more active”. So I answered, “Yes, Sir”

caption : On August 26, 1997, hide presents MIX LEMONeD JELLY

narrator : And the club event hosted by LEMONeD was held. The days when the internet was not yet available. They decided to broadcast the event of four places simultaneously via the internet. The event that surpassed the era. It may look common nowadays, but it was a revolutionary idea for those days. The plan originated with Hide. LEMONeD established by HIDE. A meeting with a band was the occasion for the establishment of this label. One of the bands whose life has changed drastically due to the encounter with HIDE, ZEPPET STORE. They had been releasing their self-produced CDs before the debut in the major scene. Hide accidentally heard the CDs. “I realized the mission given to me besides music”.

Hide : I felt as if the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle was put in place. I thought it’s a kind of opportunity or encounter to hear the songs that convey the feeling of composer.

ZEPPET STORE : [♪ GOOD BYE] Please songs tell me true, your melody, no matter where I am ♪

narrator : The road to major debut. Hide was different from other companies that only talked about business. He said that we had a future because our music was awesome.

ZEPPET STORE : [♪ GOOD BYE] I'll walk softly♪

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : Once Hide has fought his staff because of us. He heard from the staff that Zeppet Store was not commercially viable. “If you don’t know how to sell, try to like them. Listen to their music until you really like theirs.” Hide exploded with fury and hit the wall to make a hole.

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drums) : He told the staff “You’re fired”. I was looking at them vacantly.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He looked so disappointed. He was angry but somehow looked disappointed. We were happy to see him like that though.

narrator : Hide made Zeppet Store debut and decided to tour the US at the same time.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : Probably that’s what he wanted to do. Looking back, he wanted it himself for sure. Because Hide let us tour with his own money.

caption : May 1996

host : (in English) Ladies and gentlemen, Zeppet Store! (applause)

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He would have been very proud to see Zeppet Store appealed to American audience. “Hey, Did you see? How are they?” to American audience. “Japanese are really awesome, aren’t they?” He seemed to want to appeal those things. So he kept talking about such things.

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : He suddenly ran out, climbed into the car and knocked as if he were shouting “Go get'em!”

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : Not the staff of Hide’s company but the owner of a sushi restaurant came.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : The owner of the sushi restaurant said “Hey! Hide, what are you doing?” Hide got off the car, saying “I’m sorry”. We decided to stop the frenzy and go back gently. On our way back, Zeppet Store’s song came on the radio.

----------------------------------------------------------
Quote : Video clip they took – 1996

(In the car, Zeppet Store music is coming on the radio)

? from Zeppet Store : Nailed it!

? from Zeppet Store : Ah! Hide is rushing over.

? from Zeppet Store : Hide came. Here is the key.
------------------------------------------------------------

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : Hide rushed into us and climbed onto the car we were on.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote :  Video clip they took – 1996

Hide : The Zeppet Store song is coming on the radio! (applause)

? from Zeppet Store : YEAHHHH!!!!!

Hide : It’s mind-blowing!

? from Zeppet Store : This is it!

Hide : Good! Let’s go! I’ll drive.

? from Zeppet Store : No, tt's dangerous.

Hide : Let’s die like this!

? from Zeppet Store : No, no! (laugh)

? from Zeppet Store : We have to perform tomorrow morning. (laugh)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

YANA (ZEPPET STORE / drum) : I think Hide was incredibly touched at that moment. He shed tears of joy and kept cheering us on. Who else would be such a person?

narrator : Hide has produced a number of bands besides Zeppet Store.

J (LUNA SEA) : He discovered us while creating the music he wanted to do. “Do you want to release an album?” It was also Hide who introduced us to Yoshiki. He was a senpai, an older brother, and parents to us.

caption : “shame” (It’s the name of a band)

narrator : There were kouhais who have been discovered by hide but could not meet him.

caption : “defspiral” (also the name of a band) “At that time, they were discovered by Hide while they were active in the name of TRANSTIC NERVE”.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: May 05, 2018, 04:26:03 AM
5) 1:00:00~1:15:00

RYO (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / bass) : It’s been 15 years since we made our debut. And I think the reason why we can continue to perform as a band is because of the promise we made at that time.

MASAKI (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / drums) : We have run without hiatus until now because we think hide is watching us.

RYO (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / bass) It’s a sense of mission.

TAKA (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / vocal) : Well, he said our music was awesome. The word that he told us “awesome” is more precious than any other word.

MASAKI (defspiral : TRANSIC NERVE / drums) : Even though we couldn’t face him directly, we think this is also a kind of an encounter. So we are doing as a band believing that he is always watching us. 

narrator : There are countless musicians influenced by Hide.

caption : June 1996. The production of 2nd album “PSYENCE”

narrator : “I felt that the songs I made last year were crappy. I deleted the parts that would be better to replace”.

narrator : The improvisational parts and the theoretical parts.

I.N.A : Speaking of his double-sidedness, he had an impromptu part and a theoretical part. For example, there was a time when we heard different sounds due to computer data problems. When he heard that, he said, “What’s this? It’s stunning!” And he asked me to analyze the reason why it sounds cool. After this process of analysis, we can have our new techniques available for later use. Along with this theoretical part, he put emphasis on the attitude of “If it sounds good when I listen to it, then I value it as good” ((This is hard to translate. I’m sure it means that “Hide instinctively accepted the music as it was regardless of the theory” It’s simple in Japanese, but I don’t know how to write it in English without any further explanation like this)) Ability to absorb various things into himself was really awesome.

caption : September 2, 1996, The release of 2nd album “PSYENCE”

caption : September 8, 1996, Chiba Marine Stadium LEMONeD presents hide Indian Summer Special

narrator : The event to announce “PSYENCE” was very unique that not only musicians but also various performers gathered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PviTyH6u88
ㄴ This is the video taken at the event. (POSE)

caption : POSE

HIDE : [♪ POSE] The meaning of today that only God knows is overlapped with yesterday. I’m holding my head that I can’t break. I know. I’ll nail it, dear my sun who never sink. I’m grateful for today and build up stones. Tell me why. ♪

I.N.A : He was quite nervous when he started his second album activity. Because he started with a different concept than his first album. I noticed that he couldn’t hide the nervousness.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He has been a person who kept on amazing and entertaining people since he released his first album. But he became different when he released his second album. It was not hide who put band X in the background. Because he established the style of solo singer Hide, the breadth of his music has expanded. He was free from the constraints of his hands and feet.

HIDE : [♪ POSE] : Everythin' POSE. POSE Everythin' POSE.♪

caption : September 4, 1996, hide solo tour 1996 PSYENCE A GO GO

narrator : September 4, 1996, Hide’s solo tour “PSYENCE Go Go” has began.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was an expressionist. ((Hide’s colleagues and photographers call Hide “表現者”. This word is not registered in the Japanese dictionary, but I can understand the meaning from the kanji and I think “expressionist” is the most equivalent word for it)) He was not a mere player, but he was the person who enjoyed creating and expressing himself. He would have enjoyed the solo activity for sure.

Kadono Hasashi (RED SHOES/Rally owner) : Unexpectedly, he went onstage without the guitar. I was very surprised.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : He had a very objective point of view. He objectively analyzed the activities of his 1st album and planned the 2nd album activity to be without the guitar. It is surprising that he has abandoned the guitar even though he was originally a guitarist. He was not tied to being a guitarist. At that point, he was already an artist.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : He rehearsed again and again and began to think that it would be okay to do without guitar.

PATA : (laugh) It’s certainly true. He gradually gave up playing the guitar. (laugh)

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He was not simply aiming to discard the guitar. I think that he wanted to convey the songs and lyrics clearly.

?? : When he finished his 1st album tour and began working on the 2nd album, I think he’s got the confidence as a vocalist.

I.N.A : For him, that was also a way of expressing himself, rather than he thought “I became a vocalist”.

PATA : The fact that he heightened the key of the songs is the proof that he fell into singing. I’d not thought he was poor at singing until then, but at that time I thought “He became a vocalist” for the first time.

I.N.A : When he was a member of X, he was allowed to be a strange guitarist in the band. But when he was soloing, he had to fascinate people himself. At that time, he found something completely new inside. He found the answer on the way, rather than he had the answer from the start.

Hide : 明日、歌えっかなぁ~ (Can I sing tomorrow?)
       ま、いっか (It’ll be okay)

Hide : おはようございます (Good morning)
       出てきそうな所に全員配置させて どっから出るか分からないように (Place staffs at the exit so they can not find the exit)

narrator : The skills of the staff also improved responding to Hide’s demands. However, hide’s performances were not created self-righteously. He always valued the staff’s opinions.

Hide : いいよ、やっちゃって (Okay, do it)

staff : Can I do it? Thank you very much.

narrator : He completed his ideas by sharing opinions with members and staffs.

Hide : Even if it takes more time, please place the upper cameras as a peeping angle from the top. Don’t pierce holes. Do not pierce holes for the side cameras as well. Just take it from the side please.

narrator : Making things with colleagues.

caption : 信頼 (Trust - to obtain purpose)

I.N.A : I’m not sure if he knew how to draw people’s talents or he just did it unconsciously. Anyway his ability to bring out people’s talents was amazing.

Kazuko Tanaka (photographer) : He would have been watching everyone on tour. He would have been quietly watching the staff so they didn’t feel like they were being watched by him.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide was able to get people to work for him and follow his decisions. They didn't do it for the good business prospects, but simply because he had that kind of charm. If someone asks if Hide was a man of virtue, you can answer “Yes, Certainly”. Even though he was not a saint.

Kazuko Tanaka (photographer) : He firmly trusted people and entrusted them with work. He worked with the staff that way, so all the staff presented their idea voluntarily.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : He asked the members to come forward. He told the members that they could stand in front of him on stage. He used the same vehicles and hotels as the members.

Takahashi Emi (stylist) : Hide has often told us that the staff are those who does the same things as him. Usually the staff and singer use different hotels. But Hide always stayed with the staff.

caption : Hi-Ho

HIDE : [♪Hi-Ho] I love your phrase. The code broken due to my bad feeling is playing a sweet and sad love song. Like a cartoon with a broken balance, your everyday life is not organized. Happy days & Happy nights full of things I don’t care. I like your world full of wasteful things. Hi-Ho. I like your world full of wasteful things. Hi-Ho. If you don’t mind, let’s take trivial brats with us. Hi-Ho! Getting wet with you, obscene and cool tone... ♪

HIDE : [♪Hi-Ho] A song that doesn’t really matter, a trash-like scenario. Hi-Ho. I’m dancing to a crappy song. Hi-Ho. The victory of your attraction that is not mixed even though it’s idling. Hi-Ho! I love your world full of only useless things. Hi-Ho. If you don’t mind, let’s dance with useless us. ♪

Tetsu (D'ERLANGER) : It was a whole new world of his. I was surprised enough to scream unconsciously. There was a tremendous evolution between the 1st album and the 2nd album.

PATA : I didn’t think it was unexpected. I knew Hide was into pop.

Seiji Kimura (ZEPPET STORE / vocal) : He wanted to express the feeling of being merged into one. He seems to have wanted to take out the things from his drawer and play music named Hide. His second album properly expressed the feeling.

photographer : Now, let me take a picture. Click!

narrator : Hide’s antenna was extended from Japan to the world. The second solo album and zilch album “3.2.1” were produced almost at the same time.

caption : zilch “3.2.1”

narrator : Ray McVeigh, formerly a supporting member of Sex Pistols. Paul Raven, who was a member of Killing Joke. A band that formed with the two, hide’s challenge to the world, it was zilch.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : I was a little bitter. Because we also wanted to challenge the world stage. After listening to the CD, however, I was convinced that Hide was being already accepted in the world.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He said he was very nervous at that time. He said “If this doesn’t work, it’s hopeless. I have a hunch now”.

narrator : However, the release date that hide wanted was lost due to contract issues.

J (Luna Sea) : If zilch’s album was released worldwide just in time, I believe the terrain of the world music has changed. He advanced crushing a multitude of things to reach that position. His effort until then was great.

narrator : Hide discovered the strength of the Japanese through the activities of zilch.

I.N.A : He was confident that he could produce equal results (as westerners). “We Japanese also have the strength to compete with the world”.

narrator : “I don’t want to conceal the fact that it was produced by Japanese”.

6) 1:15:00~1:30:00

Hide : I wanted to let them know the beauty and the fun of Japanese when it becomes music. I believe I won if there is no sense of incongruity despite I set Japanese lyrics to heavy rock on purpose. Whether I sing in Japanese or English, I want to make sure there is no difference in sound. In a word, it is something to deliver. I know that if the listeners are English speakers, I need to make it in English. But I want to let them know that it was originally made by Japanese. I want to share the unique complexity and beauty of Japanese with them.

narrator : Taking the complexity and beauty of Japanese as a basis for songs. "I never think that Japanese isn’t suitable for the tone of rock. I would like to write Japanese lyrics that have a taste of words that even foreigners can feel magnificence". Hide’s will is reflected in his third album, “Ja, Zoo”. Hide and I.N.A embarked on the production of the songs. Hide, who was speeding up, but after a few month...

caption : September 22, 1997, X Japan disbandment announcement

Hiroshi : It was right after the press conference that announced the disbandment of X. Fans who saw TV gathered. I was driving slowly through the crowded fans. I thought hide would open the window and say something to them. But he was not seen in the rearview mirror. Looking back, he was lying in the back seat. “Go faster! How can I show my face to them at this time? Go faster! I’m not able to face them”. He decided not to make fans sad, but he couldn’t keep the promise himself. He said he was really bitter because he betrayed fans.

I.N.A : At the press conference, fans were gathering in front of the hotel. We passed the place and went to Hide’s house. And there we made “Rocket Dive” together. I remember the day. Of course we couldn’t finish it. “INA chan, let’s stop today”. After that he went out somewhere. 

narrator : Hide’s regular bar Rally, where he used to drink with his colleagues every night.

caption : Rally

Kadono Hasashi (RED SHOES/Rally owner) : After the press conference, he came to the bar alone. After talking this and that, he finally cried. At that time, Hide found his direction as he began his solo career, so I thought he would finish X and commit to soloing. I couldn’t understand why he was crying. In hindsight, hide had a deep affection for the band.

Hiroshi : For hide, X was the band that couldn’t be better. The band would have been like a family or home to him. If someone said “former X member Hide”, he was very angry. “Not former!”

narrator : After crying for a long time, hide showed a smiling face talking about the future.

caption : December 31, 1997 X Japan The Last Live

narrator : The day after the X Japan The Last Live

caption : January 1, 1998

narrator : January 1, 1998

caption : January 1, 1998 hide with Spread Beaver starts activity

narrator : He started his activity as “Hide with Spread Beaver”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRsragh9ADQ

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] It’s generally similar everyday, but it’s OK in its own way. However, somehow I look up the sky. ♪

caption : January 28, 1998 “Rocket Dive” Release

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] Boys & Girls who totally fell into a reverie. They laugh after their mind was read. But it’s not true. ♪

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide said “Rocket Dive” was a song that was once held off. At that time, he needed to encourage the fans who had gone through X’s disbandment, so he decided to work on the song again.

I.N.A (hide with Spread Beaver) : He worked on “Rocket Dive” around the time of disbandment press conference. So the contents of the lyrics reflect the fans that hide saw.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : I felt his strong intention in order to give pleasure to the fans who were wandering. I think that’s the message of Rocket Dive.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] You may feel so empty. There is nothing, which means there is anything. You can go anywhere, wherever you want to go. A soaring rocket, launch before it rusts. ♪

Kyo (D'erlanger) : Until then, he used to make something inside of himself into messages and then work off into the songs. But Rocket Dive gave him a chance for change.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] When you start flying, you are a perfect rocket. Come on! space age baby rocket dive. Bungy dive to an invisible place. Into a universe where new stars twinkling. Sail away. ♪

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : I asked him what the “Spread Beaver” means. He then said (hand gesture) “It means this” (laugh) So I said “What? Why did you make such an embarrassing name?” And he said “I wanted to make the most embarrassing name”.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : When someone used the word “workplace”, then he got angry and yelled “It’s not a workplace!”. (laugh)

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide had a strong desire to have a band. He said “You guys are a band. You are not my session musicians”.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : He said it was a good idea to give our band a name. He said there’s nothing to change because we were a band from the start.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : We were promoted from our perspective. Until then we’d been supporting players, but we finally became members of the band. I really became a member of the band.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] I want to fly to an invisible place. High-speeding you are a moment’s spark ♪

caption : 僕がロックをやるにあたっての名義 (The reason I play rock music)

Hide : I will continue with rock music in the future. And it’s like a master’s mindset. I also belong to Spread Beaver.

caption : “Spread Beaverっていうところに所属しているって形” (I belong to Spread Beaver)

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] Into a universe where new stars twinkling. Sail away ♪

narrator : “This year, I will fly like a rocket”. Hide said so. 

caption : hide with Spread Beaver / X Japan

narrator : hide with Spread Beaver and X Japan.

Hide : I can’t even compare, basically. There was a boss called Yoshiki in the band X. So when I was in X, I freely played the guitar depending on the attraction of Yoshiki. I was very pleased with the title of a “weird guitarist”. But now things are totally different. I have to care everything and have to do a lot of different things. We used to share all the achievements in X, so one-fifth of the power was assigned to me. But now, I have to exert my power 100%. When I get tired, I get tired 100%. When I lose, I lose 100%. When I win, I win 100%.

narrator : Producing of the 3rd album “Ja, Zoo”.

caption : April, 1998 Los Angeles

Hide : Pseudo rock star! (laugh)

narrator : He evolved the experience he obtained through the 2nd album “PSYENCE”.

caption : PSYBORG ROCK

narrator : The word created by Hide, “Psyborg Rock”.

I.N.A : The base of the album “Psyborg Rock” existed in the 2nd album “PSYENCE” already.

narrator : After disassembling each note played by a person, they reassembled it and stacked it up in several layers. Then they mixed their computer-generated music with this. Psyborg rock meant that the tone of human and machine were fused together. The style created with I.N.A.

Hide : Formally I was soloing while I was belonging to X. I was a solo singer without a band. Since I didn’t have members, I became dependent on the machine. When I sing and play the guitar, the computer aids, that was the way I envisioned. We proceeded in that way and eventually reached here.

I.N.A : We already used that method a lot when we worked on the first album. We sampled the phrases of the guitar. Pressing each keyboard key causes a recorded guitar phrase to sound. We made songs by playing this keyboard. We’ve been experimenting with such a variety of things.

Hide : It’ll not change much. Rock music will continue to be played through human groups and machine groups. According to the genre classification in Japan, it’s called “Visual Rock”, but visual rock doesn’t mean music. So I wanted to declare it a “Psyborg Rock”. It’s still questionable if this is a music genre. I’m making noise that it will be fun if this becomes trend.

Eric Westfall (Recording Engineer) : (in Japanese. He speaks fluent Japanese) Hide has an international mindset that is not limited to Japan. He is working in Japan because he is a Japanese. But I think he will be successful enough if he release albums here. When I let my colleagues listen to his music, they were all surprised a lot.

Hide : Overall, it’s not much different from the previous two albums. I think I achieved some of the goals I wanted to achieve in this album. I think this album will strongly show the fusion of my aspiration as a singer and the rock music I wanted to do.

caption : その先に見据えていた未来 (The future spread in front of him)

narrator : One night, only me and Hide drank without other people for the first time. Growth of younger brother. It was the time to achieve recognition as the aide to Hide and to share the plan for the future.

Hiroshi : Hide said “Be my spokesperson so you can speak equally to me”. I was surprised when I heard that.

Enatu Yojo (Security) : Hide would have kept it in his mind. I speculate that he had a harsh whip on Hiroshi because he wanted his brother to be his spokesperson someday.

Hiroshi : Zilch had been trying to do overseas activities since then, hide with Spread Beaver had also been on the rise. “We are going to be very busy because I am aiming for overseas activities”. He said that he couldn’t fight unless he had the carefully selected staff. Until then, Hide was the president and the artist.

7) 1:30:00~1:45:00

Hiroshi : But from then on he decided to quit the president job and concentrate on the artist job, namely hide’s works. He didn’t ask me to be the president, but said “Stand in front of people as my spokesperson”.

narrator : Artist and manager, older brother and younger brother. The person he can show his bare face. “Be my spokesperson”

caption : 俺の代弁者になってくれ (Be my spokesperson)

narrator : Hide almost reached the future he always had dreamed of.

caption : May 13th, 1998. release

narrator : “Pink Spider” was released following “Rocket Dive”. The lyrics have storytelling.

Hide : The “Pink Spider” means a spider that caresses the delusion. Web spinned by spiders is “web” in English. Web is the best way for us to gain information. The internet is an example. That’s how the spider that spewed the web to collect information should live only in the web that he created. The spider who doesn’t know other world is deluding himself that the web he spinned is the source of information. It is a story of a man who is trapped in a delusion and doesn’t know outside. At last, the spider longs for clouds and flies to another world called sky. He admires the clouds and ascends to the sky. In fact, clouds are only a component of the sky. After all, the spider ends up becoming just a part of the sky.

(( In japanese, spider[クモ : kumo] and cloud[雲 : kumo] are homonyms. It’s interesting that kumo(spider) admires kumo(cloud) and becomes kumo[cloud] ))

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : I asked him, “Did you borrow the lyrics from a tale? If not, is there a model of the lyrics?” He didn’t answer. It seemed that he didn’t want to answer, so I tried to change the topic. Then, about 5 seconds later, he said “It’s my story”.

Hide : My new single “Pink Spider” that is scheduled to be released on May 23th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hide : [♪Pink Spider] You put a thread of lies on all sides. You believed your little world was the whole world. You hurt everyone that comes near you. You mistake the sky would be square. “This is all... Everything is like this anyway, isn’t it?” You said that and that’s a lie. Because your loud appearance looked lonely, a bird of paradise talked to you strangely. “Eat butterfly’s wings and come over, to paradise” “Up there, you may do as you please”. (Pink Spider) “I want to go” (Pink Spider) “I want wings”. You ignore the desperate plea of the captured butterfly and are just staring at the sky. “It is not that I hurt you because I hate you. It is just because I have no wings and the sky is too high”

(narration) “Use my wings, Spider. You don’t know the painfulness of eternal flying as of now. But someday, you’ll realize that you’ve been flying only in someone’s hands, and you have called it freedom”

Can’t fly well with the borrowed wings, falling headlong, (Pink Spider) “It’s over now” (Pink Spider) “Even though I can see the sky” (Pink Spider) “It is a failure” (Pink Spider) “I wish I had wings...”

Beyond the barely visible sky, birds are heading south “Let’s fly again, cutting these threads off, with my own jet engine, when that cloud passes by...”

Pink Spider, the sky is calling me, Pink Spider, Pink Spider

A pink colored cloud (as stated above, cloud can also be interpreted as a spider) flows through the sky... ♪

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

narrator : Hide came back from LA where he stayed for a long time for promotion. That night, he finished the recording of a TV show and took part in a wrap-up party as always. The mood was heightening with his colleagues who have met in a long time. That night, he talked about the future of “hide with Spread Beaver”. Anecdotes about TV appearance and performance, schedule of tour, things to do as a band, thought about members... “I wanna live as a band member. I wanna keep going with my band” 

Yoshiki : I thought someone tried to fool me. So I decided to come back to Japan. I couldn’t believe it. I thought there might be a conspiracy. I hoped it would be a conspiracy.

caption :
1998年5月2日 頸椎牽引を泥酔時に行なったための突然の事故
(May 2, 1998, Sudden accident by doing cervical vertebra traction treatment during drunkenness)

narrator : It was an accident at home.

Hiroshi : After driving him home that day, why didn’t I ever think of going up to his place? The situation would have changed if I did it. On the day of the funeral, I left the funeral hall holding a portrait of the deceased and people were rushing in. I told them repeatedly “I’m sorry, I’m sorry”.

Hiroshi : I told him “We can’t see anymore. This is the last time”. I came out of the funeral hall holding a portrait of him, and the voice of people from everywhere sounded like scream. Compared to their screaming and crying, I thought the portrait was too light.

Hide : [♪Flame] Dear my sun, should I know how low & low? Dear my moon, should I know how low & low? Dear my stars, if you hear the stars’ lamentation. Like a wind, it’s a small sound. Sadness will spread his arms and hug your shoulders. He will wrap you with the gently shaking dance. It’s the flame of sadness. Dear my mind, no matter what misfortunes they are, you need to say hello to them. Dear my hurts, Let’s get rid of the heavy stuff (like a wind) that you are always carrying. If it’s going to be forgotten by getting soaked in the night breeze, widen your stride.

narrator : Even though there wasn’t hide, the third album was completed. The person who succeeded Hide was Hide’s right-hand man, I.N.A.

I.N.A : I wanted to complete the album because I saw the people who gathered in Tsukiji. (crying) Excuse me. Suddenly I recall the memory. (wiping tears) Sorry. I wanted to deliver hide’s songs to the people somehow. I will never forget the scene forever. 

Hiroshi : I was about to complete the album “Ja, Zoo” on my responsibility. I can’t make music, so I asked I.N.A to complete the album in order to deliver it to people. I wanted to help people who have cut themselves off from the world and those who have been unable to hear Hide’s music since his death.

narrator : The way to completion of “Ja, Zoo”

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : We had to complete the unfinished album. Because that’s what hide left.

I.N.A : There were songs in draft while there were the finished. Among them, only the recorded songs could be completed.

narrator : Many people voiced their approval or disapproval on the news that “Ja, Zoo” would be completed without hide. It was a very hard work both physically and mentally. Until now, hide has been making a decision. But from now on, I.N.A is responsible for everything.

8 ) 1:45:00~2:00:00

I.N.A : The hardest part was to make a decision. Because the person to decide has disappeared. The recording began just a week after the funeral. I was mentally really messed up.

narrator : A week before “Ja, Zoo” release, hide’s colleagues started a live tour of 12 locations around the country.

caption : October 22, 1998. Yokosuka Arts Theater
hide with Spread Beaver TOUR appear !! “1998 TRIBAL Ja,Zoo”

narrator : The beginning was Yokosuka, the root and shrine of hide. But there were a lot of conflicts between fans, staffs and members about the performance.

I.N.A : What would hide want to do? Wouldn’t he want to play on his tour? Someone said, “Let’s make it happen”.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : “Let’s tour. We have to do it”. But no one was able to start.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : The members and staffs were people who were with hide when he was alive. When we gathered, I felt as if the air sank to the ground. Honestly it was extremely painful.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : There is no case that you go on tour without hero. We couldn’t expect what would happen. We didn’t figure out what to do even though we agonized over it for a long time. But we concluded that it’s better to do than not.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : Hide was gone that way. But we didn’t think like “It’s over. Dismiss!”.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : We concluded that it is better to go on tour both for hide and for the fans.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Unlike heretofore, hide can’t guide direction anymore. Therefore we wondered that who should play hide's role? I.N.A had to do it. Who would do it if it were not I.N.A? Who else? He had been with hide, so we thought it would work well.

Hiroshi : It was “Ja, Zoo” tour without hide, so I had to ask a lot of things to I.N.A. But I.N.A said he couldn’t do everything because he was not hide.

I.N.A : So I worried about what I should do.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : We were so nervous until we started. How should we do?

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : JOE said we were the ones that hide chose, so let’s play as a band. That was a kind of motive.

Hide : [♪Rocket Dive] High-speeding you are a moment’s spark. Come on! Space age baby rocket dive. Spread your wings and you fly. Adios to yesterday I just waited♪

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : As soon as the live started, everyone there was crying. We cried and all the audience cried too. Everyone cried sadly. Is there such a concert?

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : Stress was beyond belief. The relationship between the members became strange. The staff also seemed to be out of their mind.

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : On second thought, it was a little reckless. But I think it was good to do. We started in order to finish it but it does not end. It’s not over yet. We’re still on that extension.

Hiroshi : From the beginning of the last live day for “Ja, Zoo”, I kept apologizing for the audience. I was grateful to those who came, but I was much more sorry to the audience.

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : As the tour went on, the audience enjoyed it. Thanks to that, the members were also healed. If the tour went on like the first day, members’ hearts would have broken. In hindsight, we tried not to distinguish between those who were fans from the old times and the general audience who came to the concert. If we split the two, we had to accept hide’s death.

I.N.A : I was being distressed from start to finish. But it was meaningful that we laughed, even though the laughter was against our will. 

narrator : They thought about the future, not the memorial service.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] The crazy season is overflowing endlessly. ♪

caption : Released on November 21, 1998. The 3rd album “Ja, Zoo”

narrator : Completion of “Ja, Zoo” full of agony and conflict.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] When the leaves of the ivy widely spread their roots, the scenery seen in the eyes passes away without sound ♪

I.N.A : What I want to know and listen to as now is “Ja, Zoo” that I made with hide. I really want to listen to it.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] I don’t need to be saddened by the kicking of memory, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy ♪

I.N.A : I still think that it’s good enough. At that time, it was enough and it still is.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] There is no way to figure out, only the clarity went out yesterday ♪

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : We can’t change the fact that hide passed away. I think finding out how we should live after that is the homework left for us. I’m not sure if I could continue to be a musician unless I met hide at that time. I lived a really good time with him.

Takahashi Emi (Stylist) : I really appreciate him for training me this much. I came up with him doing everything in my power for fear of being left behind him.

J (Luna Sea) : Honestly, I still do not believe hide has passed away. I feel as if he’s here forever, and will say “Let’s do well” again.

Tetsu (D'erlanger) : He showed a lot of fun things. He showed wonderful things as well as fun things. It was love. He would have been able to act if it was only on stage. But he was the same offstage.

Kadono Hasashi (RED SHOES/Rally owner) : The people around hide, the members, the staffs and everyone who was connected by hide all had the same mind. The bond as colleagues became stronger.

Hiroshi : If hide was alive and if I had grown even more, we would have dared to jump into the world stage. Hide was preparing to advance into the world. I’m going to live life to the full. I will move on carrying hide’s name on my shoulders, carrying him on my back.

PATA : He will continue to play the guitar vigorously. He will form a band again in the other world. He will. Ah, I talked about the other world.

hide : [♪Hurry Go Round] Let’s meet in spring. ♪

caption : また春に會いましょう (Let’s meet again in the spring)

narrator : 17 years have passed since the day. There are always flowers sent by fans in front of his tombstone. 50,000 fans attended the farewell ceremony. It was the funeral that was attended by the greatest number of people in Japan's postwar history.

narrator : Tsukiji temple “Honganji” where the funeral ceremony was held. One side of the main hall is filled with hearts toward hide. People’s minds have reached from not only Japan but all over the world.

Yoshiki : Thanks to hide, I can be as I am now. I try to let him hear the voice of fans no matter which venue I go to. Sometimes I speak aloud “Please let hide listen to your voices”. I try to spread the greatness of hide to the world. I think that’s the role given to me.

caption : December 10, 2014

narrator : The 3rd album “Ja, Zoo” is still going on. On December 10, 2014, “Co Gal” was released in a period of 16 years. This song was supposed to be on “Ja, Zoo”.

hide : [♪Co Gal] As talking the prepared words in a shy pose, let’s go with the shaking breast fixed. Scattering the winds of the dark world with a rapid jet engine ♪

caption : 当時、hideが残したデモ音源にはラララ~でメロディを歌ったものしか存在しなかった為、再現不可能と思われていた。(At that time, the demo tape left by hide was considered to be impossible to reproduce because only humming remained)

時を経てYAMAHAが開発したボーカロイド歌声合成技術を元に (Over time, based on vocaloid which is a voice synthesis technology developed by YAMAHA)

I.N.Aの挑戦が始まった。。。(I.N.A’s challenge has begun)

narrator : I.N.A collected hide’s voice for four months.

caption : “hideが残した子ギャルの歌詞 (Lyrics of Go Gal left by hide)”

caption : hideの全ての曲のボーカルトラックの中から、1音1音の声を拾い組み合わせていった。それは困難かつ孤独な作業だった。(I picked up every single voice out of the vocal tracks of all hide’s songs and combined it. It was very difficult and lonely work)

I.N.A : When I make hide’s music, I feel like I’m with him. I just want to convey it to people who like hide.

hide : [♪Co Gal] I don’t mean it. Until the day it collapses, I’ll fuck you and jelly. Even if everything is disappeared, let’s keep hugging ♪

caption : hide愛用のGuitar (Hide’s favorite guitar)

caption : MASATO (defspiral / guitar)

caption : Joe (hide with Spread Beaver / drums)

narrator : Co Gal was completed with a great restoration technology. “Ja, Zoo” was completed after a long time. But didn’t he have an empty heart when his work with hide was over?

I.N.A : The important thing is not changing. The work with hide is the same. There is no big difference between now and the days when hide was alive.

narrator : “I’m still with hide”. The song was completed as an extension of this thought.

hide : [♪Co Gal] The tragedy in your eyes is like watching a video. ♪

narrator : Completion of “Co Gal”

hide : [♪Co Gal] I give a kiss to the part of you where there is no love. I give a kick to your tomorrow without a dream. ♪

narrator : I want to keep delivering hide’s music, beyond generations.

caption : 崩れ落ちる 日まで (Until the day it collapses)
2人 焼けおちるまで (Until two of us burn down)
最後の カウントは (The last count is)

hide : [♪Co Gal] Until the day it collapses, until two of us burn down, the last count is ♪

9) 2:00:00 ~ the end

narrator : Hide’s wings that were called spoiled still keep flapping.

caption : JUNK STORY

● It’s an end credits from here.

caption : hide

hide : I haven’t enjoyed enough yet!

caption : 松本秀人 (Matsumoto Hideto)
HIDE

hide : [♪Junk Story] There are so many things I want to see. The beautiful scenery I have seen before. ♪

Yoshiki : I’ve been to Disneyland with him. Both of us were very noticeable. Hide said “We are more eye-catching than Mickey Mouse”. Even though it’s not so meaningful. Aren’t you going to make the second episode of “Junk Story”? (laughs)

hide : [♪Junk Story] Sid Vicious dances at 25 o’clock. The black discs turning round and round always show dreams. The lame guitar sound ♪

PATA : Is it really okay for this kind of talk to spread? (laughs)

hide : Bang! Bang!

Joe (hide with Spread Beaver) : Everyone was naked. “We can’t go outside naked!” (laughs)

Kiyoshi (hide with Spread Beaver) : I heard that the last song’s title he left was “Go Gal”. What the hell was he thinking? (laughs)

hide : If you are healthy, enjoy live performances. You will be healthy.

D.I.E (hide with Spread Beaver) : Haha, I made a mistake.

CHIROLYN (hide with Spread Beaver) : I thought “Are they really idiots?”

Tetsu (D'erlanger) : Hide let me listen to his 1st album and asked me to play 4 songs of them. But I had a schedule already and I couldn’t do it. There was “Tell Me” among the songs. Afterwards, when I picked a song to play with Kyo for the hide memorial album, I said I wanted to play “Tell me” even though it was too late.

Kyo (D'erlanger) : Because of that reason, I was pretty pressured.

Seiji Kimura (Zeppet Store) : His head was big and hats were not fit.

Yamada Hiroyasu (classmate) : I often went to hide’s house to hang out. Back in the day, there was something like telemarketing. Hide dialed the number and asked to deliver poop. (laughs)

SEXX GEORGE (LADIESROOM) : I wanted to give him a bashing saying “It’s too fast, bastard”. However, I received bashing 50,000 times by him. (laughs)

Miyagi Hiroshi (Hair & Make Up Artist) : Once he was on stage with “regent cut”. ((regent cut : Japanese call pompadour hairstyle “regent cut”)) He said he was embarrassed, so I turned his hair back to his original style. He said he was embarrassed because everyone looks at him.

hide : What the hell is this? (laughs)

Hiroshi : I was being beaten when I was in elementary school. I ran to the front of my house, then hide came out and mounted on the fellow and beat him. He was fighting well.

I.N.A : We got teased so much at the time of the 2nd album tour. People said it’s the mascot for brothels. ((I don’t know what I.N.A means by “the mascot during the 2nd album tour” in this sentence. Anyone knows?)) I don’t go to brothel. They teased that it’s an angel character for the nationwide prostitution business. I really wanted to stop. I begged hide not to do that because my parents was supposed to come the day. Then hide said “That’s none of my business”. (laughs) I really hated him. It’s all memories. Wouldn’t you hate him to hear that? (laughs) Please don’t edit this talk out.

hide : [♪Junk Story] Still visible Junk Story, inside of you Junk Story, turning around and around Junk Story, inside of me Junk Story, still visible Junk Story, inside of you Junk Story ♪

hide : Bring it on!

hide : This is hide. See you next week.

- The End -

Offline siilit

• View Profile
Reply #84 on: December 12, 2018, 10:50:16 PM
Hello there. Today is Hide's 54th birthday. And for this special occasion I ordered subs based on lakeisle's translation on this topic.
If you've noticed a mistake or some sort of inaccuracy in them, please, feel free to correct it or contact me.
https://github.com/s11lit/junkstory
I hope you'll enjoy it.

PS: lakeisle, thank you very much!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: December 13, 2018, 07:11:18 AM
Hey,

very cool, thx you 2. And it's on github, so we can submit corrections if needed.

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #86 on: December 14, 2018, 09:00:23 AM
Good work! ^^b

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 07:17:01 PM
Hello there. Today is Hide's 54th birthday. And for this special occasion I ordered subs based on lakeisle's translation on this topic.
If you've noticed a mistake or some sort of inaccuracy in them, please, feel free to correct it or contact me.
https://github.com/s11lit/junkstory
I hope you'll enjoy it.

PS: lakeisle, thank you very much!

I watched it some time ago while reading this topic.

Watched it again yesterday, with the subtitles... And is another experience.

Thanks a lot you both.

Offline siilit

• View Profile
Reply #88 on: December 26, 2018, 12:21:19 PM
Added russian subtitles. If you have Junk Story subtitles for other languages, I will be very thankful for you to pushing it to my repo.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: December 26, 2018, 03:53:19 PM
Added russian subtitles. If you have Junk Story subtitles for other languages, I will be very thankful for you to pushing it to my repo.

Very cool,

appreciate your work!

If it's really necessary we could do a german translation, based on the english ones. But as we all can speak a bit of english I don't think it's needed...

positively unsure。