• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan concerts on YouTube

Hyunkel · 2360

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: July 10, 2016, 02:57:15 PM
Hi all! I'd like to share some videos from a youtube user of X Japan's concerts: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaM1awSLuNL4DKmXXMj39g/videos

I particularly loved to find the Dahlia Tour from December 1995 (not in good quality but the best I could see at this time).

I don't know if this videos will stay long on the site or be takedown but it's worth take a look :)

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline EwX942016

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 02:38:45 AM
First can I say, great post!

I just finished watching the Hide 2008 memorial concert posted by that particular user, so thanks for that. I'm sure as the 20th anniversary of his death is under 2 years away now, if a much bigger concert will happen. He's still a huge icon in modern day J-Rock culture so I wouldn't be surprised!

Secondly, I'd like to ask a rather silly question about X Japan concerts on YouTube.....

What does S.E mean?????

I'm a brand new fan, only got into the band about 2 months ago! I see it posted on a lot of Performance Videos on YouTube, as well as on the Wiki page of The Last Live album, next to some song titles.

Lastly, sp

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 09:07:22 AM
I believe S.E. stands for studio edition. In other words, studio versions of songs that are played over the sound system at a concert instead of being performed live. X do this all the time at the end of their concerts where they will walk out on stage to say goodbye to the fans and do a bow.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 09:49:35 AM
mC said it all. They're songs not play live, at the end of the show, mostly Say Anything and Tears if I remember right

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 09:41:38 PM
I didn't know the answer to that either so thank you guys-but does anyone know why many j-rock bands seem to capitalize so many english song titles? is it just a stylistic choice?