• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards in London

returner · 4069

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: November 11, 2015, 07:39:59 AM
So like a boss Yoshiki is going to be performing today, Nov. 11th, at The Roundhouse in London for the Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards. He's also going to walk the red carpet as well.

Edit 2: Turns out both the red carpet and event are PRIVATE.  :'( Not sure we'll be able to see any of it...

Edit: he was photographed practicing piano but are those drums his as well? I think they might say tama.... Excited about the performance!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:42:29 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
  • Yoshikitty icon made by stainedcardigan @ LJ
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 11:16:19 AM
I'm going to try to head to the red carpet after work (doubt I'll get a shirt in time tbh) but if I can at least say hi to him amongst the busy crowd that's cool.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:18:15 AM by vash-chan »

My Get X Japan To The UK petition
Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 12:24:16 PM
I'm going to try to head to the red carpet after work (doubt I'll get a shirt in time tbh) but if I can at least say hi to him amongst the busy crowd that's cool.

That's awesome that you're close enough to go. Please share pics with us if you decide to take any :) Btw, Yoshiki just said on twitter that he'll invite some fans from the carpet into the show... Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:35:24 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 03:00:56 PM
Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.  Just hope the trains and buses aren't too slow.  I'd definitely like a selfie with Yoshiki haha but it might be impossible if it's going to be a full house this evening and hearing about the possibility of being invited to the awards show as well make me more nervous :'(

Please sign if you are a fan from the UK .  Also on Twitition here EDIT:- YAY they came to the UK :)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 04:39:23 PM
Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.  Just hope the trains and buses aren't too slow.  I'd definitely like a selfie with Yoshiki haha but it might be impossible if it's going to be a full house this evening and hearing about the possibility of being invited to the awards show as well make me more nervous :'(

You'll wanna cancel those plans my friend... Turns out both the red carpet and the event are private  :'(

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 08:23:18 PM
Yeah I found out as soon as I got there haha.  Oh well.  But I did see him though.  His arrival was very quick that I didn't see him get out of the car and then move onto the red carpet.  No chance of a photo or autograph (some got lucky) and he went in after the press took pics for a few minutes.  Just read he said he could meet fans at midnight. Would if I could if I had the energy and time.

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:52:28 PM
These are the photos I managed to get  :o

Roundhouse
http://i67.tinypic.com/2rh4olj.jpg

Yoshiki on red carpet
http://i67.tinypic.com/zvsc3b.jpg

Second Yoshiki pic
http://i64.tinypic.com/2vto4xt.jpg

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 07:15:56 AM
So cool that you went! Did you happen to go to the bar, too? I know it was really late for a lot of people but that was really nice of him

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 10:13:51 AM
No I left the venue just after he went inside and by the time he sent that tweet out, I had already arrived home.  It was nice of him to do that for the local fans but the scheduled time was too late for my liking.  I know there's that Euro flight package for the fans but I really hope he does do some proper m+g at X Day for everyone - local or overseas. 

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 10:31:46 AM
Understandable. I can understand why those with the flight packages are getting spoiled because they have to shell out a lot of money, but maybe there will be more m+g opportunities for London fans before the show? Since there's still 4 months until XDay, there's a lot of room for promotional activities. I can't imagine too much will be shoved into actual XDay, considering the documentary and the show, but maybe! It is X Japan after all :D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 02:30:24 PM
Well I don't remember there being any meet & greets before the last World Tour shows, and those were held in small venues with maybe only a few thousand attendees. I imagine that the Wembley concert will be a lot bigger.

This is my administrator color.

Offline vash-chan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 09:09:23 PM
Queen's Twitter page linked to Classic Rock's website recently and a video of Yoshiki's performance at the Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards.  Not sure if anyone has seen it:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZO9i3mw98E

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 09:04:46 PM
Queen's Twitter page linked to Classic Rock's website recently and a video of Yoshiki's performance at the Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards.  Not sure if anyone has seen it:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZO9i3mw98E

I saw that Yoshiki mentioned it on Facebook, but I haven't watched it until now. In short, I liked it. I enjoyed Yoshiki's rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" more than the piano versions of "Without You" & "Art of Life".