• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi dine in concert

denx · 4472

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: July 28, 2015, 03:24:29 AM

I believe toshi hasnt forgotten xjapan old track. It might be yoshiki is the one. Or because of his health or trying to promote his brand new music which i also like their new musical direction

Also orgasm with toshi twins satoshi

Ex denxdenx

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:20:42 AM
That's really nice to hear :)
They even bring the balloons for Joker :D
And OMG Toshi's twin  :o

There was hope for the old songs when they play Blue Blood at the Countdown Gig in 2009 (?) but then not much.

As well as Yoshiki's health problem, maybe they won't play tracks from VV because of the album being discontinued? I mean it wouldn't be good to play a song to a "new" audience without the chance this audience to get a hand on the songs they heard and liked. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:25:40 AM by Hyunkel »

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:35:50 PM
ToshI sang "Orgasm" AND SaTOSHI was on stage too? Kick ass~

Offline Selaiah

• Too-shy-to-post
  • Rookie
  • Because the alternative is unthinkable....
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:53:14 PM
And he sang Sadistic Desire! Would be great to hear it at Wembley, too!

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 11:00:14 PM

As well as Yoshiki's health problem, maybe they won't play tracks from VV because of the album being discontinued? I mean it wouldn't be good to play a song to a "new" audience without the chance this audience to get a hand on the songs they heard and liked. Just a thought.

Well, while I can understand that mindset there really isn't an excuse when they can easily reissue Vanishing Vision and Dahlia. I mean for a band with only 4-5 albums it's weird for any of them to be out of print.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 09:23:38 AM
I agree with you (and I'd love to own an original copy of these CDs) but I don't see them reissue these albums unless they make their big break in the USA/Europe etc so I think for now they won't play these songs (+ Y's health issue ofc).

It's even weirder considering the notoriety of this band. How come X's albums are out of print in Japan?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:25:15 AM by Hyunkel »

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
I agree with you (and I'd love to own an original copy of these CDs) but I don't see them reissue these albums unless they make their big break in the USA/Europe etc so I think for now they won't play these songs (+ Y's health issue ofc).

It's even weirder considering the notoriety of this band. How come X's albums are out of print in Japan?

I thankfully tracked down copies of all their albums, but it's rediculous that Vanishing Vision and Dahlia are out of print, and unable to be purchased digitally. Unless there's a huge rights issue we don't know about, it's just perplexing.

As for performing, I'm getting sick of their setlist. It has been primarily the same songs since the reunion plus whatever the new songs are. So, hearing Toshi sing those songs was a breath of fresh air, and I hope he convinces X to pull out some of the old favorites.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 11:16:08 PM

I thankfully tracked down copies of all their albums, but it's rediculous that Vanishing Vision and Dahlia are out of print, and unable to be purchased digitally. Unless there's a huge rights issue we don't know about, it's just perplexing.

As for performing, I'm getting sick of their setlist. It has been primarily the same songs since the reunion plus whatever the new songs are. So, hearing Toshi sing those songs was a breath of fresh air, and I hope he convinces X to pull out some of the old favorites.

I did the same. While I hate having to pay over $30 for a cd... >.>
anyway, yeah. I wish they'd play SOMETHING from those albums. I mean why promote and flaunt that you've sold MILLIONS of records..iiiiifff you aren't going to acknowledge half of your small output.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 09:41:39 AM

I just have the reissues of Blue Blood and Jealousy :(
As of the rights, iirc Yoshiki has the rights to VV 'cause he created the label which produced it, no?

And yes their setlist is repetitive but what bother me the most is Toshi singing half the songs and letting the crowd "sing" (seriously, Rusty Nail is upsetting to hear live now). It's even worse on song like Tears, I think it destroyed the feels the song is supposed to have ("Dry your tears... COME ON!"  Yeah, no Toshi, don't).

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 06:49:45 AM
I know this is a tad off topic but... :P

I have the reissues of Blue Blood and Jealousy too. I have Dahlia from the Complete II set, (along with all the other CDs that it came with), but I still don't have Vanishing Vision!!!

I can't say for sure, but if Yoshiki does have the rights to the album...maybe that's why it hasn't been reissued XD Perhaps because the album is the furthest departure as to what the bands sound is today? You would have thought that at the very least Dahlia would be in print though...

As to Toshi's singing, it is a way for him to rest his voice during songs, whether that is the intention or not who knows. But I feel his voice is strong enough now to be able to sing them like he did in the 90s. I do agree that the breaks diminish the overall feeling of the songs BUT I also think that if done at certain moments, it can also enhance songs tremendously so...I guess it is also different if you are there in person compared to watching on a screen?

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 10:21:42 AM
Well the "rest his voice" argument doesn't quite fit for Rusty Nail which is pretty much always an opener ^^

I guess it must feel different when you see them live and, yes, done at certain moments it's a nice touch. I always like the little bit of crowd singing in Kurenai for instance.
The examples I gave were ones were, imo, it's just bad: Rusty Nail is half sang these last years... There was also some things that bothered me on the MSG Silent Jealousy, Toshi didn't sing the "I miss you, I can't live without you" part and didn't sing some of the line in the final chorus, but here I think the "rest his voice" is spot on, to be fair.

On another subject, not sure if it was during the dine in concert but I saw a clip of Crucify my love yesterday (not as old as VV's songs but still I hadn't heard it in a while live).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:28:31 AM by Hyunkel »