Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 11:16:34 PM
Keep correcting me, everywhere I go on this board.   >:(

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 07:47:33 AM
The text on this link is in ENGLISH... I have no idea what you are translating...  http://hydeism.oxxy.com/X-Truth/Taiji-Book The English translation is first, and then there is a Bulgarian translation of the same text. You only need to read the English LOL :D

Teemeah

Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 07:48:12 AM

maybe because what you write sometimes makes no logical sense....

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 06, 2018, 07:51:46 AM

Have you ever heard the saying "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

Maybe you need to learn it!

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 06, 2018, 07:53:18 AM

An ellipses has 3 periods, not 5.   ;D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 06, 2018, 07:54:15 AM
The text on this link is in ENGLISH... I have no idea what you are translating...  http://hydeism.oxxy.com/X-Truth/Taiji-Book The English translation is first, and then there is a Bulgarian translation of the same text. You only need to read the English LOL :D

My Chrome translates ENGLISH.  SMH!  ::)

Teemeah

Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 08:01:19 AM
But you don't need to push the translate button on the top. Why are you using it? Just leave the page as is... Or if you have automatic translation turned on, turn it off in the settings. It's pretty simple.

Teemeah

Reply #37 on: March 06, 2018, 08:23:03 AM
X NO SEI TO SHI: STEP 3
 16. Yoshiki

It has been 16 years since I first met Yoshiki.

Yoshiki, the one who introduced me to X. Yoshiki, the one who made me quit X. Yoshiki has always been the one holding the key to my life. I think that perhaps he is the most intelligent person I have ever met.

He founded X with Toshi in Chiba's Tateyama City. Then obviously they advanced to Tokyo, and by the time anyone noticed, he had already sucked into his own band all the great names from the bands around him. Such great timing and his skill at choosing people could be called "genius."

After the five of us had joined X, we grew so quickly it was frightening. Yoshiki's musical conceptualizations flowed out shockingly one by one, and brought about such a pleasant feeling that I had never ever felt before. But at the same time, I wondered if I was the only one who thought that maybe we were trying to live a little too quickly…? With such a rapid speed, floating adrift, it was also repellant. Every day was both tense and uplifting.

The relationship between me and Yoshiki isn't something that I can speak about. So let me continue to give examples of how I see him.

He was a selfish, spoiled child but still lent an ear to the opinions of people around him; he was actually only worried about what happened to himself but still was a kind parent to others; he was innocent to anything outside music but he carried a kindness within himself; he was exceptionally proud, a sore loser, and a hard to like man.

Furthermore, he was an action man of foresight, and an idea man who would act upon even the most outrageous idea. If that could be put together easily, wouldn't we get a hardworking man, a legendary man, a very human, masochistic, sort of man?

If I try to put it like that, then to this day I think that because I also kept trying again and again to reach my goal, mightn't we be considered two people who greatly resemble each other?

The face of a beautiful angel and the face of a grieving devil. I believe that those two faces, so hard to live with, make up the human being that is Yoshiki.

I really like this description of Yoshiki by Taiji. I think he sums Yoshiki up pretty well.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: March 06, 2018, 08:52:59 AM
Agree, that is a very interesting description. Is it me or is Taiji one hell of a great writer? (assuming the book wasn't ghostwritten for him and that the translator didn't over embelish things). His writing is crisp, he sounds like someone who really kept his finger on the pulse of everything that was happening around him, kudos for Taiji!

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: March 06, 2018, 09:53:22 AM
His writing is crisp, he sounds like someone who really kept his finger on the pulse of everything that was happening around him, kudos for Taiji!

yeah... that's why I posted his Prologue... because I read the translation of part of his book and found he had an interesting approach to things...

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #40 on: March 06, 2018, 10:46:13 AM
A lot can depend on the translator, actually. You can completely change the style of writing. Recently, Han Gang's book, The Vegetarian got a lot of criticism for its English translation. A fellow Korean translator claims that the way it was translated into English makes up a completely different book altogether, because the style is just so different from the original. So unless you can read both the English and the original Japanese , it is difficult to tell whether it's Taiji's original writing style or the translator's. maybe lakeisle and sasasama would be able to compare the two. (Given they can find the Japanese text online).

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 02:58:43 AM
But you don't need to push the translate button on the top. Why are you using it? Just leave the page as is... Or if you have automatic translation turned on, turn it off in the settings. It's pretty simple.

One more time... I am not pushing buttons to translate anything.  I am quite computer literate and probably a lot more than you are.  There is a glitch in either my version of Chrome or something else to give me that result. Now, please, just leave me alone. 

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: March 10, 2018, 10:07:22 AM
Hi... so, you could't read the english translation of Taiji's book, isn't it?
In this case I could post it here for you, but as far as it's a way long I would like some admin to 'allow' me (it will take 4 o 5 long posts... perhaps more...)
Besos from Italy

Your scars are beautiful

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: March 10, 2018, 10:23:25 AM
Hi helenmoon,

Teemeah was kind enough to copy the book and put it in a blog for me.  I believe it's all there.  I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to read it, yet, but I have checked it and it looks like it is probably all on there.  Thanks, again!  :)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: March 23, 2018, 02:57:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRAIbnkl3Zo

This is a song written by Taiji commemorating hide(2000).
At the latter part of the song, Taiji's voice comes out.
It's so touching.

===========================
Dear Friend,

I'm staring blankly,
White clouds beyond the horizon.

Erase sorrows with a splash of waves.
Erase the screams of my heart with the wild waves.

His smiling face floating in the sky.
His message... "I am flying around the universe freely"

I had such a dream.

I wanted to travel exploring the soul with you.
I wanted to build a bridge between music and music with you.

To my friend