• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

RIP Taiji

OlgaX · 7864

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: July 17, 2015, 05:54:25 AM
It is currently the death anniversary of Taiji in my time zone.  May his body rest in peace and may his soul find eternal peace in heaven.  He's probably up there with hide, jamming with all the other musician greats like Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, John Lennon, John Bonham and Kurt Kobain (note:  I'm not saying I like or listen to all these examples.  They are, nonetheless, renowned musicians).
Keep rocking, Taiji.  And if Kitami does not meet her consequences on this earth, the good lord will be sure to put her in her proper place during the afterlife where earth's harm could never equate to.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 06:09:37 AM
I can't believe it's been, how long now? Like four years? God, I still remember it as if it was yesterday. . .

I do wonder though, has there been any other updates in regards to -that- incident? A year or two ago I was hearing that they were gonna do a more through look at the case file, but nothing more after that.

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 05:30:18 PM
None that I know of.  Lord, I did not know of X or Taiji at the time of his death, I would find out about them a few years later but his death still hit me hard yesterday.  Can't imagine your case . . . :(
I'm not sure, but Google won't show anything like "Kitami arrested for involvement of Taiji's murder" or "Kitami proven innocent" so . . .

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 11:28:26 PM
Hmm. . . When I had read about how Taiji passed it struck a deep chord with me. My mom had passed away the year or two before & the manner of how she & Taiji passed run in similar ways (it freaked me out badly to be honest). So yeah, I admit that I took it pretty hard. Even though I didn't meet Taiji or know him personally, it still hurt incredibly bad (I think I fell back into another depression for a few months afterwards).

Still nothing to the case? That's disappointing.

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 01:21:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your mom had to go through the same thing and about your depression.
Maybe there's a court case date that hasn't been released to the public.  You know how it takes a while before they come around.  I hope something is done about her on earth, but even if she runs free, then like I said in my OP:  the Lord has a special place reserved for people like her.

Offline Yarisha

• Music is the language of Peace ~
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 10:52:25 PM
May his soul Rest in Peace : (

Still he is alive with in the music he left within his fans' hearts

about the death .. What I saw on twitter and his website .. still there is the " THE VOICELESS TRUTH" thing but till now nothing has happened

Hope if there is a hidden truth about his death to be revealed .. *sigh*

ENDLESS RAIN, LET ME STAY EVER MORE IN YOUR HEART
LET MY HEART TAKE IN YOUR TEARS, TAKE IN YOUR MEMORIES

X Japan <3

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 01:20:07 AM
Thank you OlgaX, I appreciate your thoughts.

I dunno. . . It's usually in the first day or so that major evidence is found from what I've been told (my Grandma used to work with the L.A. Corners office, so I picked up on stuff as I got older about these things), but if nothing has popped up in the past four years, I think that it's highly unlikely that something will show up now. Sometimes I think that do I want to know what happened to Taiji despite I knowing that I'll take it harshly & get sad all over again, but other times I think that maybe ignorance is bliss. But even in that sort of way, not knowing the truth still hurts us all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:05:31 AM by Kurenai_Akari »

Offline OlgaX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 05:14:06 AM
From what I understand, his fiancee and mother both claimed to have seen no stretch marks, but have found red marks due to tape on his chest, the cell he was put in was supposedly suicide-proof, the resort that Kitami's ex-husband owns, where Taiji stayed, is allegedly visited by the higher members of the Saipan justice system, AND according to a (dead and unsuccessful) petition on change.org, his death certificate stating "suicide" was revoked..  I can't remember the places I got all the alleged info (mostly from this forum or any other kind of English source of his death, as well as the aforementioned petition) so I understand it's controversial, but I feel that that's about as much as we're gonna get.
Plus, he's not the only celeb whose official death was so blatantly BS'd (of course it must have happened to reguar people too, but we generally tend to know more about celebs), and while you could argue that the conspiracies are controversial, some still stand out with a large amount of evidence.  Like Marilyn Monroe, for example.  Do some research on her death, and you'll see she was murdered.
Another celeb whose death people are confident about was a murder is Brian Jones.  I will admit I don't know so much the details on his death so I will not say with confidence that I think it was murder, but it's something that everyone who likes him as a musician seems to agree on, so there must be evidence and it's worth mentioning as an example.
The point of the examples is that people make mistakes or go corrupt.  Yes, I cannot say for certain the cause of his death, and I am not questioning your knowledge on death investigation at all.  But I am willing to believe that his death was murder and received an unjust "investigation" because even the people we trust to bring order are sinners themselves.

Teemeah

Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 01:33:28 PM
There is always specualtion when a celebrity dies, but murder, really? Oh come on. Who would have killed him and why?  (Don't tell me it was Yoshiki, okay? :) )

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 01:48:11 PM
There is always specualtion when a celebrity dies, but murder, really? Oh come on. Who would have killed him and why?  (Don't tell me it was Yoshiki, okay? :) )

Please read this post and the post i've linked in it.

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7318.0

I think it was an accident by the police. You all know that this shit happens and why should it only happens with non-celebs?

positively unsure。

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 12:27:19 PM
I created a site for him and waiting for a friend to translate his fiancee's book, where she speaks about it. I believe Taiji was murdered by his manager, or people she made murder him. Saipan is small and far from any land, where a guy known as ex of Terumi, his manager, has very big influence there. He had a fight with her on the plane, thats why he has been arrested. After he was already in arrest she sent messages to his fiancee Tomomi Akatsuka from his phone, asking for money. Terumi refused to pay for him to get him out of jail, and when his fiancee and Taiji's mother arrived in hospital, he was already dead. They said hanging, but she insist he had no marks of strangulation on his neck, instead he had many on his chest, his face was swollen, he was still in cuffs and had a black tape around his mouth.
Doctors refused to give the body to his family, in between Terumi asked for it and gave it for cremation, now she is nowhere to be found. File with his case dissapeared, there is no physical proof anything happened there. Tomomi started a petition to Foreign minister his case to be reopened, there is still no answer. From 10000 signs it reached 3000. I wonder where are sworn X fans and how they couldn't get signs for him.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 07:00:09 AM
From 10000 signs it reached 3000. I wonder where are sworn X fans and how they couldn't get signs for him.

3,000?! I thought we had more than that!

https://www.change.org/p/taiji-s-death-request-for-pursuit-of-truth-and-prevention-of-recurrence/u/18948971

Almost 4k in signatures, but according to Akatsuka, she was able to contact the Japanese Consulate back in January & there was an acknowledgement of mishandling Taiji's case. I've heard nothing else outside of that, so I don't know what else is happening behind the scenes. If anything, at least she got to talk to somebody about this, but I do wish that there was another update over what's happening.

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 12:21:09 PM
I don't know what to think. I was ready to make some noise, I mean big noise, with medias, with advertisments, because his death shocked me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Hide too, but after all his death was an accident, right? Stupid ridiqulous accident that took him from his fans, friends and family. But Taiji died alone, far from home from violent death.

Sometimes I think - what could we do, what we will change? We can only spread around the world what happened to him, because many pople still believe in first version, suicide. And I think this is a nasty joke wih Hide's death.
I asked a fiend for support, she said "you will change nothing, because nobody cares", I was about to slap her. I do care, I suppose you care too, and till the last fan of X dies there will be people who care. I'm not sayin we will reverse this and whoever did this will go to jail, I'm saying we will not stop trying. Not because I have too many time or money to waste on someone I never met in my life, but simply because he was a good person and what happened to him - he didn't deserved it. And honestly, from all X members I feel him closest as a personality and what he says in his book, if I was him I would act the same.
I was just thinking, what did he wrong, God, to end like this. Well, obviously too many things, but... This isn't right.

Teemeah

Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 12:56:56 PM
We don't know what happened in reality. There is one side that claims he killed himself, and another side that claims he was killed. It needs solid proof apart from "I saw marks on his chest". I don't see a point in spreading rumours around because some fans and some family members claim things.

And there is one more thing, I think if there were any serious proof of violent death, X members would have made their voices heard, or supported the fiance's petition. X Japan has some really fanatic fans in high positions too, like the former prime minister Koizumi, who made the establishing of the hide museum possible. Don't you think these people would have helped Taiji's family to uncover the truth if there were any serious proof for what they claim?

Offline Aries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • X Truth
Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 09:09:53 PM
I actually thought about that. But I think it's kinda rude to call this roumors. His fiancee would not start a pеtition just because she is upset, something happened there. Body was given to a person non part of the family against any law. File with his case was erased/hidden, body was cremated without any explanation and without autopsy. Even my niece who is six years old and asked me: "Who are those guys you painted on the wall?" after hearing that, besides, she have no idea what cremation means, just said: "But they murdered him!" You doesn't have to be genious to get that.

I think X members are just afraid. As you probably know Saipan is a small island aparted from land about some 3 hours or more with a plain. It's under USA urisdiction and laws in USA are different than Japan. You probably know that most part of it is rulled by Yakuza, and husband of that manager of Taiji have a big part of the resort there.

Too many questions are just appearing. Why he had no marks on his neck if he hanged himself. Why he was still in cuffs after the brain death. Why body was given to his manager, not his mother. Why she dissapeared if she is innocent. Why she called his fiancee with rude tone blaming her for unexisting argument between both of them, after all, what happens between them both is non of her business. And if a friend of you is in hospital on life supporting mashine what kind of a person are you to start an argument in that moment, instead of calling his family and be concerned? This is not acting of innocent person, run away like devil from cross. Anyway these are not my words but Tomomi's book which I am translating right now so you can read it yoursel and not call this "rumors".

About X members, I believe Yoshiki is too mournful to start such a fight. Or afraid. Call it whatever you want. Presidents were gone standing against mafia, Taiji died in that place and everything about him was hidden, people fans of X insist nobody go there and dig about that case because they may follow him on the other side. There's no physical proof because they destroyed all the evidences, body including. But there is one thing - Taiji was better his last years, much better than before. The way they described his death is nasty joke with Hide's death. He wouldn't do that, I am sure. After all, if he did comit suiside and all of these suspicious facts are just coincidences, our initiative won't harm anybody.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:40:15 PM by Aries »

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 11:35:13 AM
I just read X Japan podcast will cover Taiji and interview Taiji's fiancee, Tomomi Akatusuka. I admire Taiji but don't know much about his life and death. So I'm very glad X Japan podcast decided to cover this issue.

To my delight, X fan community in my country has become active recently, and I'm getting much information from old fans. *Thanks goodness* Apparently, Taiji was a troublemaker, but many distorted rumors around him are defiling his name and concealing the truth.

Even some X fans dare to say that he was fired because of drugs, even though there is no evidence. Taiji had psychiatric treatment, and went to the hospital regularly due to his chronic body illnesses. How could he not be perceived if he had taken drugs?

I don't know much about his death but the podcast hosts would have a lot of sources. I'm grateful that they will cover the difficult subject. I'd like to express my deepest thanks for their effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxghK1a6u4

title : First Small Song (This is a song Taiji composed when his daughter was born)

Teemeah

Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 02:27:11 PM
....Taiji has a daughter?  :o

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 08:28:04 PM
thx for sharing lakeisle

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 03:21:46 AM
....Taiji has a daughter?  :o

Yeah!  :o Oh poor dear daughter.  :'(

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 03:23:20 AM
Oh yes, thank you lakeisle. You are so good for us to have as a friend, here.  We appreciate everything you do.  Bless your heart.  <3

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 08:05:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxghK1a6u4

title : First Small Song (This is a song Taiji composed when his daughter was born)

Thank You Lakeisle... I didn't know Taiji had a daughter... anyway the atmosphere is somehow similar to the one dedicated to hide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpcOzy4G-JA

Sometimes discovering Taiji is a little surprising...

Your scars are beautiful

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 11:00:21 AM
I don't know what to think. I was ready to make some noise, I mean big noise, with medias, with advertisments, because his death shocked me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Hide too, but after all his death was an accident, right? Stupid ridiqulous accident that took him from his fans, friends and family. But Taiji died alone, far from home from violent death.

Sometimes I think - what could we do, what we will change? We can only spread around the world what happened to him, because many pople still believe in first version, suicide. And I think this is a nasty joke wih Hide's death.

When I started translating "Junk Story" on this forum, I didn't have much knowledge on hide's death. Some people said he committed suicide and most hide fans claimed it was an accident. Honestly I didn't have much interest in it at first. Afterwards I got to know several things from old fans and shocked. Now I believe he is more likely to have killed himself.

Hide's family do not disclose everything, but this is for keeping the honer of the dead and comforting the fans. It's not because there are any suspicions or conspiracies to conceal. In any case, hide was not murdered.

Taiji's case is totally different. You are right, Aries. Taiji died alone. Poor Taiji. He had a deprived childhood. Japanese fans say Taiji's stepfather abused him when he was young. It is private family affairs and of course, I can't prove it. But once Taiji said something in his interview. X members were asked about staying in LA at the time of recording "Jealousy". All the members other than Taiji replied that they felt homesick. But Taiji said there was no reason for him to miss home because he ran away from home in his teens and didn't have home.

Right. This is not directly related to his death. But some Korean fans think his mother is strange. His mother agreed to euthanize his son after less than a day from the determination of brain death. What mother on earth can do that? Was she threatened by someone? I don't know the exact reasons, but I doubt if she had maternal affection toward her son.

Everything in Taiji is veiled. His story is not very pleasant or dramatic. It's a very grave issue. But I believe that the truth will be revealed someday as long as a few fans keep making our voices heard.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 11:02:04 AM

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 12:10:36 PM
I honestly don't think that Taiji killed himself.

positively unsure。

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 01:11:06 PM
His mother agreed to euthanize his son after less than a day from the determination of brain death. What mother on earth can do that?

Well... it's really a tearing decision... but perhaps she knew he could't regain consciousness and simply tried to spare him from an agony (perhaps a long one). The conditions of a body in deep coma is absolutely awful... Perhaps, knowing how rebel he was, she wanted to free his body from this cage... perhaps she thought he would have made this choice...

Anyway, it seems like not everything is clear about the circumstances which eventually led to his death.
BTW, you know, the more I know about Taiji, the more I start to appreciate some traits of his sensibility.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:19:58 PM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 02:17:05 PM
Yeah I don't think it is right to judge his mother based on this decision. You don't know how you would decide in such circumstances. if there is no hope for someone to wake up, keeping bodily functions alive with a machine is hardly "life" if the brain is dead. We were not there and have no idea how his family members felt like, so it's best not to judge...

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 09:33:40 PM
What's wrong with judging what actually happened? His mother decided to euthanize his son within 24 hours of his becoming brain dead. It's a fact. Why should not I judge his mother's actual decision while you guys judge Taiji with things that he didn't actually do? Haven't you guys talked freely that he raped, he drugged, he tried to split the band, yada yada.

You took the word "judge" first. It's my turn. I want to ask you guys about "judge". Why do you  judge him while you know nothing about him? Did you say Taiji's story is more like a drug addict? How much do you know about his life? Have you read his interviews when he was in D.T.R? Have you read his blog posts? Have you ever met him? Have you ever talked with him? Have you ever talked with his acquaintances? You guys judge him with only very fragmented information, don't you?

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 01:17:36 AM
I could not, ever, let go of my son that fast.  Euthanize or whatever you want to call it.  I had to do it with my mother and it took my brother and I 3 whole days to prepare, mentally, to do it.  With a child, adult or not, this is the most difficult thing for a parent to go through.  Children are supposed to outlive their parents.  Parent's are not supposed to have to bury their children or cremate or otherwise.  He is in the cemetery, correct? Ashes buried.  Disconnection of life support feels like you killed them, yourself.  Fact! It is heart wrenching and breaking and you, the parent, may never forgive yourself in case the situation reversed itself which it rarely can but there is always that hope.  Always unless one has a heart of stone.

Something is not right.  Definitely not right. The story doesn't fit. And he was already in a very bad and dangerous place, run very much by underworld entities. 

I am very open to listening to what everyone has to say but I also reserve the right to believe what I do.  Something happened and they covered it up by removing the body and cremating him, fast, with no autopsy.  That speaks volumes to me.

Teemeah

Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
I don't think anyone said anything wrong about Taiji on this forum, including myself. We were discussing possible reasons of his forced departure from X but that's just guesses and theories, nothing else, and he certainly wasn't judged for anything, unlike you srtraightforward announce that his mother is heartless and whatnot for a decision she made. You were not there to know how she felt. Or what actually happened.... or what actually goes through people's mind at a certain point. Different people feel differently and they also process death differently. I didn't shed a single tear during my grandmother's funeral, I couldn't. Someone who might have seen me there could have thought "oh she is heartless". You have no idea what was going through in my heart and mind that time. I cried later, when nobody saw me.