• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Surprise news: X JAPAN to take part at Lunatic Fest

AsukaMiyu · 12879

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 10:51:57 AM
....this is more catchy than I expected.

I think I prefer this over Hero already.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 03:21:39 PM
I'm cool with it if it has a good solo

Let's be honest, songs like Crucify My Love, Forever Love, Longing, Without You, etc aren't exactly groundbreaking. They're good sounding ballads, but it can be argued that they are generic too.

Actually these ballads are all unique with very moving melodies and lyrics; the English is even quite good for a time in the 90's when they weren't even concerned with going international anymore. So far what we have of Kiss the Sky is not near the quality of the ballads you listed. A refrain of "ohhhh ohh oh ohh's", Sugizo/Pata strumming single power chords, and Yoshiki's recycled drum pattern aren't groundbreaking. It's pretty fail.

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 09:09:33 AM
Well i got this: LUNATIC FEST. - LUNATIC FEST. PERFECT ver. 0627 (FujiTV Next 2015.08.29)
Anyway, if anyone wants the X Japan part of the show, let me know (yes it's the full songs) :)

Setlist:

X JAPAN

1)JADE
2)Rusty Nail
3)紅
4)Born To Be Free
5)X

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:18 PM
Well i got this: LUNATIC FEST. - LUNATIC FEST. PERFECT ver. 0627 (FujiTV Next 2015.08.29)
Anyway, if anyone wants the X Japan part of the show, let me know (yes it's the full songs) :)

I do!

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 01:18:47 AM
ok, i will put on youtube in a little bit. If it gets taken down i will also put on mediafire for anyone who wants it. I think it's against the rules to post links here for download, so pm me for mediafire link. :)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 03:24:08 AM
Awesome! To help the video not get taken down I would name it something else, like a code word with nothing X related nor even the date. That way it'll be harder for the ppl looking to take down copyrighted vids to find  :)

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 05:22:21 AM
ok, thanks! should be up on youtube or dailymotion sometime tomorrow. as for now ill pm u link. :)

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 01:57:54 AM
X Japan - lunatic fest perfect ver0627 fujin (2015.08.29)

(SETLIST)

1)JADE
2)Rusty Nail
3)紅
4)Born To Be Free
5)X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicZgyiarn0

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 09:55:07 AM
X Japan - lunatic fest perfect ver0627 fujin (2015.08.29)

(SETLIST)

1)JADE
2)Rusty Nail
3)紅
4)Born To Be Free
5)X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicZgyiarn0

Thanks for that! :)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 04:51:52 AM
That was an awesome performance! Everyone was top notch. I think that's one of the best X shows I've seen actually. There was something about the set list and the energy... it was all so seamless and full throttle!

Did BTBF sound deeper/heavier to anyone or is that just me?

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 06:21:33 PM
I wish I knew what they're saying during the interview, especially Pata. He has that cool ragged rockstar look going on now, and his facial expression sometimes makes me wonder if he's lucid  :)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 05, 2015, 03:21:49 AM
That was an awesome performance! Everyone was top notch. I think that's one of the best X shows I've seen actually. There was something about the set list and the energy... it was all so seamless and full throttle!

Did BTBF sound deeper/heavier to anyone or is that just me?

At least for me, BTBF sucked like always.
But the overall performance of the concert was awesome. They were energetic like I didn't see in a long time. Is nice to see when the members "fit" together in a band. I was missing this on X and this concert showed they still can rock.