Surprise news: X JAPAN to take part at Lunatic Fest

AsukaMiyu · 12880

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=3655

So apparently X will take part at Luna Sea's festival, which seems like a 2015's version of Extasy Summit... :D

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 06:29:24 AM
Very cool, does anyone know if it will be broadcast?

Either way, nice to know that they will be performing soon! I am still anticipating their new album and another tour this year...even though we are almost halfway through!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:27:20 PM
No information about a possible broadcast - but I certainly hope there will be a way to watch it haha. :)

Oh and - apparently Yoshiki said that he'll do a very important announcement in July in Europe...

...whatever that is supposed to mean...

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:15:30 PM
Oh and - apparently Yoshiki said that he'll do a very important announcement in July in Europe...

"The album is maybe almost sort of going to come out this year...!"

Sure it is, Yo-Yo. Sure it is.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:33:02 AM
That's kinda cool that they're playing at the festival, but. . . let me selfish & a little rude & say that I don't particularly care at the same time.

*Yaaaaaaawn* Whatever Yocchan, whatever. (">__>)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 02:31:18 PM
I actually did some digging a few months ago and was able to contact their representative from WME (their talent agency) and I asked her what is happening with the band activities and she said there will be a new release this year (the new album it would seem) and Asian/Europe tour. No word of North American tour yet :/ I still think this should be taken lightly as we all know nothing with this band is set in stone.

If there's any hope of a tour at all this year, I'm sure we'll find out at this rumoured press conference in July. Interesting how this conference is supposed to happen in Europe so perhaps their agent knows that a European tour or show(s) might happen. My understanding for the delay is Yoshiki's wrists; he's supposed to go for surgery but I think he is delaying it so he can perform.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:35:46 PM by Feudal »

Offline devilsrondo

• Rookie
  • L'Union fait la Heavy Metal Force
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:09:41 PM
No information about a possible broadcast - but I certainly hope there will be a way to watch it haha. :)

- a new hello kitty version of him
- a 2016 nude calendar of him
- MOAR CLASSICAL ALBUMS
- Yoshiki's very own brand of protein shakes
- dildo collection molded after X Japan's members members (geddit?)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 06:35:40 PM
WOHOOOOO! There really will be a livestream of the lunatic fest! <3

More info - cause i'm too lazy to type everything 10 times! :P
http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=3845

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 10:45:24 PM
Thanks for the info. hmm so they won't even play a full hour.. oh well.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 05:37:02 AM
Haha, oh well, the other won't play longer. Aside of Luna Sea of course. (I am feeling sorry for Sugizo.........)

Oh and there was a clarification from Luna Sea's press department - the livestream will be indeed mostly interviews and stuff like that "live from the venue". Sigh. -_-

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 12:38:34 PM
So is the 'Lunacy opening band' just going to be Luna Sea kitted out in old school visual kei gear? :/

MODERATOR'd!

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 01:45:09 PM
(Intro)
Jade
Rusty Nail
Kurenai
(Unknown) (new song w/ audience chorus recorded for upcoming album)
Wish  (LUNA SEA cover) (partial piano tease)
Endless Rain
Born to Be Free
X
Tears

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 05:19:23 PM
(Unknown) (new song w/ audience chorus recorded for upcoming album)

The name of the song is "Kiss the Sky".

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 01:56:43 AM
Has any video surfaced? I'm curious to hear a whole version of the track.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 03:41:36 AM
Has any video surfaced? I'm curious to hear a whole version of the track.

Unfortunately none so far. Not even a single 5sec clip on instagram. I'm starting to think the band asked people to put their phones away during that song because there's clips of the other songs... like who wouldn't WANT to record a brand new song?

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 12:45:07 PM
Does anyone have any links to any footage from the festival? I've tried my best and found nothing so far!

MODERATOR'd!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 01:48:46 PM
Nothing... :(
Only a fanreport www.xjapantranslations.com/lunatic-fest

and the "interview" with niconico https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuY0go8QB38
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:53:11 PM by AsukaMiyu »

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 02:16:32 PM
Thanks for posting the fan report! Hopefully some footage starts creeping through over the next few days... :)

MODERATOR'd!

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 08:07:17 PM

Unfortunately none so far. Not even a single 5sec clip on instagram. I'm starting to think the band asked people to put their phones away during that song because there's clips of the other songs... like who wouldn't WANT to record a brand new song?

Might just be because I'm from USA but I'm really shocked they all (seemingly) complied with the request. Wow.

Well, here's to hoping for a studio release.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 08:40:46 AM
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:46:56 AM by mC »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 09:23:09 AM
Too bad it's not the full song. Mostly just the chorus but I love it. Like, LOVE it. It was a really good idea to record the audience. It was really cool when Yoshiki came in with the drums and the guitars chimed in!

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 12:47:19 PM
I really like "Kiss the sky" ! A bit heavy on the "Ooohooohs" in this version, though, imo.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 05:15:49 PM
I really like "Kiss the sky" ! A bit heavy on the "Ooohooohs" in this version, though, imo.

I think they elongated it because they're recording the audience. They'll probably go through the material and select the best parts for the album version :)

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 07:18:24 PM
If this has a guitar solo it can match one of the classic ballads

Offline Taiji79

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 09:18:57 PM
The Chorus is nearly the same as in "Hero", man it seems Yoshiki  has lost all creativity, Recycling over and over.

If you need a good ballad guitar solo with melody do not wait for a new X Song

Check this out, more melody than all the new X Stuff together   >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO7V9vNTiyE

I don't know, new X Music doesn't touch me anymore, always the same Basic Piano driven Ballads lacking a real good melody combined with lame guitars and lacking a good guitar solos.

Maybe they shouldn't have reunited at all and Yoshiki should have started something really new and different with SKIN.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:32:29 PM by Taiji79 »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 09:44:31 PM
I wasn't very fond of the snippet we got in the XDAY message... but hearing a but more of it, I certainly like it much much better! It's damn catchy, too, I have it stuck in my head for HOURS now... *headdesk*

I really like short video or when the guitar and drums kick in. Looking forward to the full version! But since I liked most of the new songs, I don't think I'll be too disappointed. LOL

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:50 PM
Man what the hell....this is easily the worst sound I've heard from them. I know it's not the full song but jeez...I can't imagine waiting YEARS for an X Japan concert and then finally get to go and have to sing the refrain of "OH OH OH OHHH" for 20 mins....wtf Yoshiki. Sounds like some church choir stuff.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 04:24:53 AM
I'm cool with it if it has a good solo

Let's be honest, songs like Crucify My Love, Forever Love, Longing, Without You, etc aren't exactly groundbreaking. They're good sounding ballads, but it can be argued that they are generic too.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 04:55:55 AM
This song is so moving to me. It's not necessary for things to be complex to be good. This is straight forward but the melody is so, so beautiful. I'm expecting it to be one of my favorite songs, hands down

And Axl has a point. The ballads from before are very much a part of a genre, a single sound. Songs like Dahlia and White Poem are much less predictable but they're not as big as Forever Love, which has a commonly used formula. But it's so popular and it's lasted so long because it's such an amazing song. It's pretty much like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't  ::)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:06:21 AM by returner »

Offline Taiji79

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 07:45:26 AM
Well the Problem is, back then there were enough Songs and ideas that were different to give these (very good) ballads a Balance.

Now it's only (and rather bland) "Ballads" without anything interesting musically.

On the other hand i don't expect anything groundbreaking, relevant or even interesting music wise from Yoshiki anymore, so i'll try to keep quiet now. ;)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:52:37 AM by Taiji79 »