X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Forum finally back online!Yoshiki gets serious about album and World tour!

YoshToshBGosh · 9439

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Yoshiki announced a World Tour for 2015, and shared a picture of the "album master sequences" on facebook(does someone know what sequences mean in this context?), which could mean that it will really, finally, at last, come out this year(oh really,THAT fast?).

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I'd take a guess that the principal recording is done, and that they're about to mix it. Yoshiki posted a picture a few days prior to the cd one saying he was recording drums. So, I don't think the album has been mixed yet. Then again, it seems wasteful to actually have the album info printed onto the disc if it isn't actually done, so who knows. Maybe it is done. All I know is I won't get too optimistic until I can preorder it.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Yaaay! The forums are back up! I got a little freaked out when I saw that 404 awhile ago.

I had noticed on the CD that there's a track list & that the first track is named "The Last", but the rest is cut off. You guy think that "The Last Song is getting put on the album? Also, what's up with the first four tracks? What do you think they are?

I think it's:
"The Last Song"
"Jade"
"Beneath The Skin"
"Hero"

If it's ordered like that, I think it might be better to spread the new songs out throughout the album & not confine them to just the starting half of the album.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Yea, we finally get some news about the album and the forums are down! XD Glad they are back up!

So yea, I reckon the first four songs are:

1. The Last Song
2. Jade
3. Beneath The Skin
4. Hero

And I reckon 11. might be I.V.?

If that's the case that leaves...7 more tracks.

Could have Without You, Born To Be Free, Tears (English Version), Kurenai (Updated English Version), Rusty Nail (English Version) and Scarlet Love Song? Well those are ones that we would assume be included and have heard bits about / of...

I think it is a nice touch putting The Last Song first...But I reckon it has to be an arrangement that is similar to the versions they played in the lives since the reunion?

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
I'm in Japan mid-late April. If an album/tour gets announced after I get back, I will actually cry. :p

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
I think the spam threads have been purged from the forum. Everything looks cleaner, I suppose.

Anyways, if "The Last Song" is indeed an arrangement version, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Also if "The Last Song"were to be the full version (Toshi singing & Yoshiki's spoken word parts), I think it would be too long & too depressing for an introduction song.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Yea, we finally get some news about the album and the forums are down! XD Glad they are back up!

That was ABSOLUTELY my reaction!!! XD When it came back I was wondering what it was that I wanted to post so urgently...

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I think I almost had a stroke when I saw that update. This is the most solid evidence he's shown for progress on this thing since 2010...

I suppose miracles really do still happen.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
I think I almost had a stroke when I saw that update. This is the most solid evidence he's shown for progress on this thing since 2010...

I suppose miracles really do still happen.

I know right? When that happened on Facebook, I immediately rounded up a few friends & told them about it. But getting released, that's another tale.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Wow! What a good news! Hopefully we can see the release of the album this year….  or next year?

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Or the year after that?  :D

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
I hope it's released this year for sure. I heard a rumor that the album might be released sometime in late August, but y'know. . . rumor.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
That's not a rumour, Yoshiki said August... :) ...........That doesn't mean that it will be released in August, though. :P

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
That's not a rumour, Yoshiki said August... :) ...........That doesn't mean that it will be released in August, though. :P

Oh. OHH! I thought someone else said it. Well. . . If Yocchan said that then it might as well be a rumor.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
"Violet UK will finally debut in 2013!"
I'm so glad Yoshiki finally made it... oh wait, he didn't  ;D

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
"Violet UK will finally debut in 2013!"
I'm so glad Yoshiki finally made it... oh wait, he didn't  ;D

Exactly. YoshTosh just proved my point.

But back on topic, do any of you guys think that this album will get a physical release or a digital release? I can only hope that it'll be a physical release.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
It better have a damn physical release >.>

EDIT: So what ever happened with that deal with EMI? My memory is foggy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:54:11 AM by CreepyKlutz »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
^ That is a very good question...

Firstly, there is no doubt that there will be a physical release in Japan, and I am expecting there to be several versions, ranging from cheap to "X Japan Pricing" :P Whether it will be released elsewhere in a physical version will remain to be seen. I could see it having a limited release in Asian countries as well as perhaps North America and the UK?

As to the EMI deal, I just did a quick search and found that it was for EMI to handle their releases in North America...I don't know much about record deals, but it sounds like this is just a distribution deal? So there might be no contract as to how many releases they have to produce in a set time period? I'm not sure but even then, the contract can't have been worth much to EMI over the last few years...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Right, I remember it being primarily a publication/distribution deal so I'm assuming that's more lenient than a record deal would be so EMI wouldn't be flipping out over delays unlike if they were legitimately signed to the label through a record deal.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
^ That is a very good question...

Firstly, there is no doubt that there will be a physical release in Japan, and I am expecting there to be several versions, ranging from cheap to "X Japan Pricing" :P Whether it will be released elsewhere in a physical version will remain to be seen. I could see it having a limited release in Asian countries as well as perhaps North America and the UK?

Yeah, I can see the cheap to "X Japan pricing" releases happening in their home country. I can only hope that the US & Europe get at least a small release time (or have an international release online through CDJapan or someplace).

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Hey guys, really glad registration is finally open for the forum!

About the album, I really hope it's a physical release as well. And I hope the lyrics are included in a booklet..... anyone else go a little crazy over still not being able to sing along to IV or Jade without fear you're butchering the lyrics? haha

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
I think, at least for I.V., that official lyrics have been released, no? I'm not sure for Jade though...

I'd like the Rusty Nail english lyrics in a booklet (well, if this song is on the album ofc)

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I think, at least for I.V., that official lyrics have been released, no? I'm not sure for Jade though...

I'd like the Rusty Nail english lyrics in a booklet (well, if this song is on the album ofc)

I think the only official lyrics were on the big screens during lives because I may be wrong but I think the Rock Band lyrics were a bit off...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
I don't think you're wrong CreepyKlutz. I'm 99% sure the lyrics for IV that are circulating even on official platforms are ones the companies grabbed of fans' interpretations off the internet.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
I remember when I.V. was released there's a part which was often "mis-lyricsed" with "I'm feeling my pain" but on the screen during the reunion lives we saw that it actually was "I.V. in my veins" and so on.

On AZLyrics it's still the wrong version which is uploaded for instance.

Well, we'll hopefully get the official lyrics soon enough.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Wasn't the rock band version "play with thy own will" (which honestly sounds like it) but the reunion lives showed "play with God's own will" ?

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
I don't know for Rockband but I find it strange that the developers didn't ask for the official lyrics when they included the song in the game  ???

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Ahh, don't remind me about the lyrics to "I.V.", I'm still very confused about those lyrics & the lyrics to "Jade". I'm sure that they'll put the lyrics into the booklet. I mean, how else are going to know what to sing along to?

Also, this new article is a bit worrying - http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150316-00000544-sanspo-ent

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
I don't care if the album gets pushed back a few more months and the tour starts later. I'm just worried about the entire tour actually happening. X Japan's gonna do a lot of cities in Japan this time, and then they're going to probably do Europe and the rest of Asia, South America, and North America... I don't know in what order obviously (besides Japan being first) but that's a lot of practicing and performing to cram in on a half-torn tendon, right? I just hope the entire thing plays out the way all the members are hoping it will, ie start to finish

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
"Yoshiki also talked about an upcoming Japan Tour with X JAPAN later this year and a following World Tour. He hopes that his health condition will allow that because of the half torn tendon and severe pain in his right hand which even makes things like opening a bottle or doors very painful."    (http://www.xplosion-online.com/?p=3542)

How can you play drums on a tour if opening a simple bottle/door is painful??

Just take a year or so to heal and rest ffs! And focus on his producing activities, or even write new songs, and let another drummer for the recording session (yeah, I doubt that that will happen anytime soon).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:53:51 AM by Hyunkel »