New X Japan Podcast

AsukaMiyu · 9585

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: November 20, 2014, 06:11:49 AM
Ha, there are still really ambitious fans around! :)
One of them started an X Japan Podcast and the first episode is finally out.

I'll just copy&paste the desciption:
Episode 1 of the new monthly English speaking audio podcast dedicated to everything in the world of the legendary Japanese rock band X Japan (Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan...).
Episode 1 features an awesome extended interview with recording legend Bruce A Miller who mixed songs on Jealousy.

You can listen to it here, it's well worth the time!
https://soundcloud.com/x-japan-podcast/episode-1-bruce-millermsg

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:18:37 PM
I'm resurrecting an old thread, mostly because I just started listening to the podcasts myself. I have know of about them since the beginning more-or-less, but I've always put off listening to them. But today I started and haven't been able to stop. The guy who's making the podcasts has been able to contact and interview several people who have worked with X in the past and the podcasts have some really interesting insights and information that was previously unknown.

So I'll post here all the episodes (this far) with a short description and I assure you they are all worth a listen.

Episode 1 - Bruce Miller/MSG - features an awesome extended interview with recording legend Bruce A Miller who mixed songs on Jealousy.

Episode 2, part 1 - Eric Westfall and hide, and part 2 - hide - talk about hide and feature an interview with Eric Westfall, who recorded and mixed hide's Psyence and Ja, Zoo albums, as well as songs on Dahlia and Dope HEADz album.

Episode 3 - Shiratori Hitomi - discusses Yoshikis alternate personalities with our very own Asuka. Also mentions X-Freaks a few times so a big whoop! to Asuka! :)

Episode 4 - Chris Camacho - features an interview with Chris Camacho, who was Yoshikis physical trainer in the beginning of the 90s.

Episode 5, part 1 and part 2 discuss with some X fans different possibilities that might have happened if certain things had gone differently in the past, very interesting discussions indeed.

Episode 6 - Catch up & X Day wraps up the (then) latest news concerning future X Japan activities

Episode 7 - Chris Camacho returns is another great interview with Yoshikis old physical trainer where they discuss more about Yoshiki's health, touring with X during the Violence In Jealousy tour and partying with Taiji

Episode 8 part 1, part 2 and part 3 discuss the Visual shock elements and era of X.

Episode 9 - Dokk Knight features an interview with Dokk Knight, who has worked with Yoshiki on Dahlia, Violet UK and much more!

Feel free to discuss the podcast episodes here but also make sure to like the X Japan Podcast page on Facebook and join in on the conversation there!

This is my administrator color.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 12:37:18 AM
I'm a big fan of this podcast, I listen to every episode when they come out. Nice to see the episodes broken down like this. I'm surprised the guy who does the podcast has been able to get such good guests, haha

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 05:39:46 AM
This is the only podcast that I listen to almost religiously now. It's a little surprising & yet, very exciting to hear that the podcast reached it's first year anniversary a few days ago.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 12:21:00 PM
I'm surprised the guy who does the podcast has been able to get such good guests, haha
Apparently it's only a matter of being confident and writing to people. But seriously, in the interviews I've heard this far (up to episode 5) the people have seemed really chill and happy to discuss their experiences.

This is my administrator color.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 11:22:01 AM
Just want to remember everybody.

The podcast is on for 2 years now. Thanks for your amazing work, guys! (don't know if they read it ^^)

So for everyone that didn't listen to it before:

https://soundcloud.com/x-japan-podcast

positively unsure。

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 02:57:19 PM
I liked it. Good content, good guests, but I think the edit could improve somehow. The Eric Westfall Returns episode have a nice content, but an insane amount of awkward silences which made it painful to listen, at least for me.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 08:27:03 PM
I'm completely hooked. I listened to half of the episodes in three days, and now I'm really in the mood to watch some of the concerts again, especially older ones. I watched them all several times, so I got tired of it at some point, but now about a year has passed and I need myself some X Japan again like now!
The production value of the podcast could be better in terms of vocal compression/volume and editing. But it still is comfortable to listen.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 01:13:46 AM
There is a new location

http://xjapanpodcast.libsyn.com/

Aaaaand Episode 30 is out :)

positively unsure。

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 07:35:54 AM
Hey guys,

new episode!

First they wanted to talk about Pata. Then it should be a Taiji episode.
Now it's completely different.

Anyway, new episode is out and it only took a year. Yes ONLY! Because we are still waiting for the new X album...

enjoy!  8)

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/9122393

positively unsure。